Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,636 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Nairaland(dot)Com Vs Nairaland(dot)net - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland(dot)Com Vs Nairaland(dot)net (1259 Views)

Facebook VS Nairaland / Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? / Nigerian Social Networking Sites (legwork Vs Naijapals.com Vs Onlinenigeria.com) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland(dot)Com Vs Nairaland(dot)net by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:01pm On Feb 09, 2013
I was doing a search on google and stumbled on this url: www.nairaland(dot)net, at first I thought it's the same with nairalnad.com. Maybe when you type in .net, it will redirect you to .com. But I clicked on the url, and it didn't take me to nairaland.com, but to one crappy website forum like that.
Why is it that people celebrate mediocrity? Even if I want to build a forum website, why calling it ?
Well let me not blame the .net guy much because I don't know between him and Seun who first started.

Google.com vs. Doogle.com
Sometime last year, Google threatened to sue a young South African web developer to court for naming his site doogle.
According to Google, the name sounds like their name and may mislead people. But the guy behind Doogle through his lawyer said no way. That he will continue to use the name since they are not related and his company is not a search engine company. I think Google later found out that they may not win the case, and consequently dropped the case.

What do you think?
Re: Nairaland(dot)Com Vs Nairaland(dot)net by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 09, 2013
I think you just succeeded in giving nairaland . net a couple hundred clicks today.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland(dot)Com Vs Nairaland(dot)net by Seun(m): 3:56pm On Feb 09, 2013
Well let me not blame the .net guy much because I don't know between him and Seun who first started.
You can check when the domain names were first registered.
Re: Nairaland(dot)Com Vs Nairaland(dot)net by kaysy(m): 10:40am On Feb 10, 2013
if Seun started well before the .net guy, i think Seun has the right to sue the guy for impersonation because the name is same and .com and .net are just extensions which cannot be changed. everybody should just try and be themelves
Re: Nairaland(dot)Com Vs Nairaland(dot)net by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 10, 2013
kaysy: if Seun started well before the .net guy, i think Seun has the right to sue the guy for impersonation because the name is same and .com and .net are just extensions which cannot be changed. everybody should just try and be themelves
Na! The internet is a free for all. The .net won't be of much use to him anyway.
Re: Nairaland(dot)Com Vs Nairaland(dot)net by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
I was here.
Re: Nairaland(dot)Com Vs Nairaland(dot)net by kunletoks(m): 10:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
I think d guy wants Seun to buy d domain from him.

(1) (Reply)

Is Onila A Robot? / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Late Patrick Sawyer Contracts Ebola / The Billionaire Wedding That Shut Down Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.