Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! (17435 Views)

» Join Mobile Phone Users BBM Channel Here For Tech Tutorials, Apps & More « / Collections Of Some Tecno Stock Roms & Back Up / HTC Desire S Owners Thread. ROMS, Updates, Apps & More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 4:49pm On Feb 23, 2013
Posman: htcsensationxeonex./htc-sensation-roms/

www.pocketpc.ch/htc-sensation-root-rom/176877-rom-sense-4-1-20-01-13-team-venom-presents-vipers-1-6-3-welcome-future.html

got dis link of version 1.6.3 dat works on the htc sensation xe... pls look into dis and if u think its ideal and safe so u can give me guide linea on installation or beta still ur location if u cn help root it to prevent brickin d phone mysef. thanks

Okay friend it took me hours to get you a good guide, most of which I searched were not in English but this is a perfect for your HTC Sensation.

Okay to root your device go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1870233
You can download Viper rom here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1671547
Now to Flash Viper ROM to your HTC sensation go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2082978

Here is a WARNING! Please read every line and understand exactly what you doing before trying it on your HTC!!!, if you are not sure please register on that website and ask there. There is no question that is not answered already on those forums and here too.

Good luck!
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Posman(m): 11:25pm On Feb 26, 2013
Infoseye:

To start with that website is not in English, I have seen many guides online mostly not in English for some reason. I will need full details of your htc for instance what android version are you running etc

IM USING HTC SENSATION 4G, RUNNING GB 2.3.4, SENSE 3.0
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Posman(m): 11:28pm On Feb 26, 2013
Infoseye:

Okay friend it took me hours to get you a good guide, most of which I searched were not in English but this is a perfect for your HTC Sensation.

Okay to root your device go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1870233
You can download Viper rom here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1671547
Now to Flash Viper ROM to your HTC sensation go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2082978

Here is a WARNING! Please read every line and understand exactly what you doing before trying it on your HTC!!!, if you are not sure please register on that website and ask there. There is no question that is not answered already on those forums and here too.

Good luck!

THANKS
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Posman(m): 11:47pm On Feb 26, 2013
BRO, CANT DO DIS MYSEF... TOO RISKY FOR A ROOTING NOVICE LIKE ME
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by puskin: 12:36am On Feb 27, 2013
Posman:

huh shocked shocked........how come? You can't tell me that official updates are not available.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Posman(m): 3:34am On Feb 27, 2013
puskin:

huh shocked shocked........how come? You can't tell say they that official updates are not available.

i dnt understand undecided official update is available to ics on sense 3.6... ive checked several times, its nt givin me download prompt message...
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 1:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
Posman: BRO, CANT DO DIS MYSEF... TOO RISKY FOR A ROOTING NOVICE LIKE ME

Why are you been a scary cat grin everyone that root there device go through such process, HTC one X & XL a bit different but same process. Yea its scary though but at first. I suggest you look for someone that can help, those guides are perfect follow it to the letter you will not have an issue.

I rooted my HTC one X the same day I got mine immediately without even playing around the phone, I was a novice like you no experience I have never done it before but the guide is perfect and worked out fine for me.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 1:43pm On Feb 27, 2013
Posman: BRO, CANT DO DIS MYSEF... TOO RISKY FOR A ROOTING NOVICE LIKE ME

Take note. all the guides I found online was not in english it took me a whole day to find those guides and it will piss me off it was just a waste of my time helping you out. All the same if you cant root your HTC then look for someone else in your area that is into stuff like this.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 1:46pm On Feb 27, 2013
Posman:

You can NOT update your HTC or search for update using 3G! Its recommended you use WIFI while searching or downloading updates.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by puskin: 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2013
Infoseye:

You can NOT update your HTC or search for update using 3G! Its recommended you use WIFI while searching or downloading updates.

......and where did you get this crap from.
The only reason it is recommended to use wifi to check and download updates is because of high cellular charges you might incur if you don't have a data plan.
Before I rooted and installed a custom ROM on my HTC fone......I downloaded the update of my ROM using 3G.

HTC pushes updates to their fones on a region/continent/country basis......and Africa is usually amongst the last to receive these updates. So it might just be that they(HTC) have not pushed out the update to Africa, but I seriously doubt this line of reasoning.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 8:35pm On Feb 27, 2013
puskin:

......and where did you get this crap from.

Dude from where I stand its crazy to use 3G to update your HTC!! If its 3G you guys use in the third world country well goodluck! Over here its strictly WIFI even with 3G or 4G service that available here.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 8:44pm On Feb 27, 2013
Another cool game you could have fun playing on your HTC.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-fSytfjcRABQ/UCE9g1aUAHI/AAAAAAAABo8/jIXxcYNbYWQ/s400/Street-Fighter-IV-HD.png[/img]

Street Fighter 4, the true fighting game on PS3 and PC, is now available on iPhones as well as Android. The game features all amazing thrills, fantastic graphics and brilliant gameplay that are hallmarks of the game series. Loyal Street Fighter fans can jump into the action and have an instant familiarity with the controls. Street Fighter 4 also features numerous settings and tutorials that put you on the path to world of warriors.

[img]http://i30.fastpic.ru/big/2011/1229/f0/ac05562459a8593ddfb3b51b09138cf0.jpg[/img]

SF IV Features:
- Four levels of difficulty.
- Fight as 14 different characters in 11 various environments.
- Full move sets: Unique Attacks, Focus Attacks, Special Moves, Super Combos and Ultra Combos.
- Battle head-to-head on Bluetooth against friends.
- Robust “Dojo” boot camp transforms neophytes into Street Fighter masters in five in-depth lessons.
- Customize the controls for your style of play. Move the buttons anywhere you want on the screen and set the level of transparency.
- Unleash super moves with a tap of the “SP” button, or toggle it off from the “Options” menu if you want to enter the button combo manually.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 8:49pm On Feb 27, 2013
Love racing games? You guys have to try this game is off the hook, nice game great HD graphics and nice gaming experience!

[img]http://1.bp..com/-zRnrDmyLXlo/T_G5c7cww3I/AAAAAAAABhs/2uCc4ltvrfI/s400/Asphalt-7-HD.jpg[/img]

Asphalt 7 APK Heat HD Official the hottest and most visually stunning racing game has been officially released by Gameloft at the end of this July 2012. A challenge racing world with revamped multiplayers lets you to take on up to 5 friends whether online or local, compare your stats, show off achievements and challenge your rivals.

Asphalt 7 Heat is an arcade racing game which delivers a top-quality home console experience on your Android devices. With Asphalt 7, you can also find new online opponents with match making system. With 15 tracks set in real cities around the world including new tracks in Hawaii, London, Paris, Miami and Rio, let's gear up your cars and race around the world. Driving the set of 60 different cars from the prestigious manufacturers like Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, and DeLorean and please with 6 various game modes packed with 15 leagues and 150 different races.

Asphalt 7 Heat is featured with new cutting edge graphics that make all cars and tracks more marvelous and push the limit of your Android and Retina displays. Play and enjoy the most stunning racing game ever! For more game info, please go to gameloft homepage
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by moneyhungry(m): 9:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
@infoseye: is grand turismo on android? is it nice?
itz da greatest racing game on ps2 (GT4).
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
money-hungry :
@infoseye: is grand turismo on android? is it nice?
itz da greatest racing game on ps2 (GT4).

Sure there is,for PS2 days it was Burnout, Need for speed most wanted but I preferred Burnout Legend! When comes to realistic car racing experience GT was rated high!
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by puskin: 3:55am On Feb 28, 2013
undecided undecided
Lemme just observe
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2013
grin Good news for HTC One X,One x+ also One S & Butterfly! HTC confirms Sense 5 coming to existing phones, some features limited to HTC One

HTC didn't have much to say about its Sense 5 UI coming to existing devices when it introduced it alongside its new One handset, but it's now gotten a bit more talkative. In a post on Facebook, and confirmed to us independently, HTC says that global variants of the HTC One X, One X+, One S and Butterfly will all be getting an update to the new interface "in the next few months," although specifics remain light beyond that for the time being. The company does note, however, that not all devices will support all the features offered by Sense 5, as some of those features make use of hardware specific to the new HTC One.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Cosmopolice: 8:51am On Mar 01, 2013
Android freaks
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Bwaal(m): 9:00am On Mar 01, 2013
Plz how much can i get 1 htc mobile i nid it badly
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by petsam11(m): 9:41am On Mar 01, 2013
Please, I have a HTC Touch Pro 2 Phone and its having an ear piece problem in that, it will be showing the symbol of an ear phone when there is non attached to it (the phone)...And I can't hear what my caller is saying unless when I insert the ear phone... Please, how can I reset it
N/B: Am sorry for derailing the topic. But, I need help...
Thanks!!!
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Adanyebe(m): 11:16am On Mar 01, 2013
HTC ONE IS THE BOMB
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by TOXTOX: 11:21am On Mar 01, 2013
My name is Tox. Since my brother sent me this phone, I've always charged the battery. The phone does not retain power and I dont know what to do. I changed the battery but all to no avail. What do I do?
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 12:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
petsam11: Please, I have a HTC Touch Pro 2 Phone and its having an ear piece problem in that, it will be showing the symbol of an ear phon when there is non attached to it (the phone)...And I can't hear what my caller is saying unless when I insert the ear phone... Please, how can I reset it
N/B: Am sorry for derailing the topic. But, I need help...
Thanks!!!

I suggest you do a hardreset...

Todo a hard reset press and hold your power button until you see a message that says hold power button for 3 seconds. Your mobile will hardreset itself, this will reset all settings back to default hopefully fix this issue. Do this and tell me how it went, if it does not fix the issue I will advice you on the final step.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 12:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
TOXTOX: My name is Tox. Since my brother sent me this phone, I've always charged the battery. The phone does not retain power and I dont know what to do. I changed the battery but all to no avail. What do I do?

Hi Tox, welcome to my thread. What kind of phone are talking about here? How many hours did you charge the phone on first use?

My advice to you and others in this situation, please read the manual of the phone you just bought. Some manufacturers state charge for 8 to 12hours depending on phone brand, I personally power off my phone and charge for 24hrs even if the phone says its fully charged.

alright then drain out the battery as in use it until it dies completely, now charge your phone while its off. When charged use this phone again drain it out again and charge again.

Do this twice or thrice, the aim is to try to reset the battery cells this works on smartphones. After then use the phone normally but do not let the battery die before you charge it again.

Most phones batteries do not last longer maily beacuse users are at fault of not charging when due or charged properly on first use.

When poorly charged or used at 20 or 50% on first use the mobile phone assume that's its fully charged level point, that's why even if you charge for 72hours you just how barely 20 to 30mins battery life.

Except the battery itself is totally bad and needs replacing! Hope you find this info useful.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by emmastace: 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2013
Hi! I have a HTC desireHD which has refused to connect to any wifi hotspot. It just shows "connecting and then tell you disconnected again". What can I do to correct this anomaly? Thanks.
Infoseye:

Welcome to my thread for HTC one X & HTC One XL, Yea Venom is the BEST Rom out there! I have used it and I cant stop loving my HTC One X everyday. I have been a fan of Apple products for years and decided to give android a try and seriously my iphone 4 feels like a heavy brick in my hand. Great device! Wonderful experience and user friendly not to talk about the specs damn!

Okay man get your HTC repaired and flash Viper Rom and join my dream grin in the mean time educate yourself about rooting,flashing of roms etc @ onexroot.com
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by akwunmi(m): 1:44pm On Mar 01, 2013
HI,
WHERE CAN I GET FAIRLY USE ONE x and LIK HOW IS D CURRENT PRIZE?
COZ I NEED AM QUICK....!!!
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by annastacie: 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
please how much is it
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 2:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
emmastace: Hi! I have a HTC desireHD which has refused to connect to any wifi hotspot. It just shows "connecting and then tell you disconnected again". What can I do to correct this anomaly? Thanks.

That's because the password is WRONG!

Goto your WIFI settings, scan and select the WIFI you want to connect. It will prompt for password. Type in the CORRECT password. Then hit connect!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

₦500M Copyright Suits: Appeal Court Affirms Davies Iyiegbu’s Victory Vs Glo / Why Is It That People No Longer Care About Changing Ring Tones? / How To Make 3G Stable On Your Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.