Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,149 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

RW Exclusive: My Rise To Stardom, I Saw It Coming- Mish, Akwa Ibom Ayaiya Star - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / RW Exclusive: My Rise To Stardom, I Saw It Coming- Mish, Akwa Ibom Ayaiya Star (2372 Views)

RW Ambassador, Miss Inimfon Joseph Releases New Photos. / RW Ambassador, Blessing Chinyere Releases New Hot Photos. / Gate To Stardom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RW Exclusive: My Rise To Stardom, I Saw It Coming- Mish, Akwa Ibom Ayaiya Star by rhodiesworld(f): 5:00pm On Feb 10, 2013
By: www.rhodiesworld.com

A multi-talented Mish, whose real name is Meshach A. Mishael. A trained engineer, songwriter and singer. In this special interview, he opens up on his fast rise to stardom

RW : How would you describe your break in to the top A-list artist in Nigeria ?

Mish: Divine navigation. If I'm to say further, I'll say: I saw it coming but not with this measure. I didn`t think I’ll breakthrough with the Akwa Ibo Yahiya song.

RW: What would you say was the inspiration that gave you the drive to make the song " Akwa-Ibom-Aya-ya?

Mish (1) :It was necessary re-branding my people as a minority. The Ekaette (house girl and house boy syndrome). I wanted to show our rich cultural heritage, food and people against the popular twisted image.

(2). you shouldn't ignore the flower under your nose just to admire the green pastures at the horizon. No matter where you are from, there’s no place like home.

RW: In my opinion, a re-branding effort from an individual is a big step that should be appreciated by the government, what was the reaction of Akwa Ibom state government towards your effort?

Mish: They gave their recognition and support.

RW: The success of a hit track always brings about pressure to the artist to do even better in the next song. How are you preparing for this expectation from your fans...?

Mish: Yes. There is demand for dance tracks, we will give the fans that, but will continue to do good music God willing. Kipinitreal Entertainment is poised to deliver; we just released a new dance track - Go and Marry. Response from DJ's and fans are very positive.

RW: How would you say the performance of your current record label is regarding the business aspect of your music career?

Mish: I'll say well. But there's always room for improvement given the competitive industry. Right now we've stepped up the game with the Ayaiya Concert coming up in PH. We're creating a platform for our brand. God willing 2013 will be better.

RW: Amongst the stages you have performed, which would you say is the biggest and demand to perform was high?

Mish: It was in San Francisco California at an international event (SAGE). The audience came from all over the world and most didn’t speak English. I was the only artist slated to perform. It turned out to be my best performance because I stirred the crowd to my amazement. With my songs "love in sharing, every woman is beautiful and Akwa Ibom Ayaiya". I got more connection and gigs across the US.

RW; I understand Mish has something new in the air to thrill his fans this new year, what's the hit track about ?

Mish: Go and Marry ....hahahahaha, My gift to the fellow bachelors, It highlight the value of a wife - “wife cheap pass girl friend" http://naijacelebrity.com/2013/01/31/mish-go-marry-prod-by-reflex-sound/

This is Now “FAN ZONE” Question from your fans.

Nollywood Star Actress Eve Esin.

You have a big fan in me.

My question; Hi, I will like to know where in Akwa Ibom are you from?

Mish: Hi Eve, thanks for your interest and am happy to have your vote of confidence. I am from Obot Akoh in Ibiono-Ibom LGA.

Idy : Mish, any special girl in your life now, if yes when are you getting married as you clearly advised guys in your latest hit song to Marry?

Mish: Well, my Bluetooth is activated to accept that special woman .*Laugh*. I'm single but I understand the importance of a woman against having girlfriends which is common among guys.

Ekem-Ini asked: I just watched your song, Akwa Ibom ayaya, then I noticed it was a different video shoot, ask him why he made two different videos for one song! Thanks

Mish: Yea the first was a promo video. The second is the Official Video courtesy of Kipinitreal Entertainment.

RW: what is the most embarrassing moment you have encountered on stage as an artist?

Mish: Well, I can't really remember but I think I had a sound failure.

RW: what are the changes you will like to see in the Nigerian music industry as a key player in 2013?

Mish: I'd like to see more creativity, more originality, more societal issues been addressed, Less immoral videos and artist's getting what they deserve, awards inclusive:

RW: which of the known Nigerian artist will you like to collaborate with in the future?

Mish: For a male Tuface- that is because I appreciate his style, delivery and lyrics. For a female - Eva, I love her unique rap style and lyrics.

RW: Entertainment industry in Nigeria without a doubt has it capital in Lagos, what do you see as a negative and positive effect to this claim? Some people consider it entertainment capital of Africa!

Mish: Yes, Lagos is but that is gradually changing. The world is internet driven and so you can do your business from anywhere, it only requires a little more persistence and funds sometimes to break even. The positive impact, isn't obvious to me at this point, except I own an entertainment outfit there, like a bar- then I see the positivity. *Laugh* I don’t know if you get me .Lagos is but that's gradually changing.

The negative effect to the claim is that artists start moving down there only to find out that they're small fish in a big ocean. There’s stiff competition in Lagos. So making an impact becomes too difficult or impossible.

Another will be that the whole country will listen to the same kind of music, because everybody wants to sound like a Lagos artists, like singing using Yoruba language because of the Lagos factor and so other kinds of music begins to die.

RW: How are your fans responding to your latest hit song compare to Akwa Ibom aya-ya that was widely accepted? Because over here in Lagos your last hit song received a lot of air-play.

Mish: Well, they think it’s different, But they like it because it’s still got a message and a good beat.

RW: what special message do you have for your fans as we bring this interview to an end?

Mish: My fans are the best because their support made me who I am. I want to assure them that I will continue to make good music having them in mind as my inspiration. To the ladies, my philosophy is that, every woman is beautiful and the best gift given to man by God.

RW: from all of us in rhodiesworld, thank you for having us for this special interview.

Mish: My pleasure!

http://www.rhodiesworld.com/index.php/personalities/item/804-rw-exclusive-my-rise-to-stardom-i-saw-it-coming-mish-akwa-ibom-ayaiya-star

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING!!! Man Chased By Zombies! Causes Accident And Loss Of Lives / Checkout My First Film Series Shot With A Phone. / Video: Nigerian Comedian Bovi Proposes To His Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.