Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures (27351 Views)

CHAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by tampa1871: 12:48am On Feb 11, 2013
Nigeria 1 Burkina Faso 0: Mba's fine strike ends 19 years of hurt as Super Eagles win third Africa Cup of Nations title.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by tampa1871: 12:49am On Feb 11, 2013
More pictures

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by tampa1871: 12:50am On Feb 11, 2013
More

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by mukina2: 1:56am On Feb 11, 2013

[img]http://i.goalzz.com/?i=albums%2fleagues%2f1%2f2013-02-10-03577800_epa.jpg[/img]

17 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Nobody: 1:57am On Feb 11, 2013
Nice capture.The memory will live long in our hearts.Indeed they made us stand tall once more as Nigerians
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by touchmeder: 1:57am On Feb 11, 2013
Good job super eagles. congrats Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by OAM4J: 1:58am On Feb 11, 2013

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by ismhab(m): 1:59am On Feb 11, 2013
What a nice collections.
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Sike(m): 2:02am On Feb 11, 2013
Somebody Shout NIGERIA!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by shadyJ: 2:05am On Feb 11, 2013
Er, how old is Sunday Mbah? Been seeing comments and apparently people are calling him a 'youngster'.. Fantastic player but how young?
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by HectorTroy: 2:12am On Feb 11, 2013
Olamide how far? *Bush pig (˘̯˘)

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by onila(f): 2:13am On Feb 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by kelch(m): 2:13am On Feb 11, 2013
Imagine this, the tournament started 19th of Jan,d last goal was scored by jersey number 19 on a sunday by a sunday & we won it after 19yrs.
This is the story of a young boy whose parents were murdered during 2002 riots in Kaduna. He was aged 11 years at the time. His parents, Mr Austine and Mrs Josephine Moses, were missionaries until they met their untimely death. The boy left his house to play football but returned home to see that all his parents had laboured for had been razed down and he would never see his mother and father again.
He was taken to London by his uncle almost immediately after the incident. While in London, he began deploying his football skills. Though his parents were murdered, his passion for football was never killed. He played football for his school and later for a local Tandrige League club until Crystal Palace FC approached him. From that point, his career progressed in leaps and bounds.
This player played for England's under 16, 17, 19 and 21 teams between 2005 and 2010 scoring 11 goals for England during this period. He later moved to Wigan Athletic and now he plays for Chelsea. This footballer is called VICTOR MOSES.
His story is a touching one, I share his pains. I also share his courage. He had a choice not to step into Nigeria again but he didn't take that option. When the call to serve his fatherland came, Moses dumped England and embraced Nigeria... That is patriotism!
Today, we see a Victor Moses bringing joy to every Nigerian including those who may have inspired his parent's death... That is Love!
On Sunday, Moses would stand for the National Anthem and pledge allegiance to a country that couldn't defend his parents... That is faith!
Moses would deliver the "African Cup of Nations" trophy to Nigeria not minding what had happened in the past... That is forgiveness! Moses rose through bitterness and despair to the limelight of hope and courage.
He never gave up on his country. He persevered... That is purpose!
If someone like Victor Moses, despite the bitter past, never gave up on Nigeria, then why should we?

133 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by redsun(m): 2:14am On Feb 11, 2013
What is this country known for again?Is it Sankara or what?

I wonder how they could muster a strong football team if they are that faceless,in as much as oyinbo did it for them?
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Ezyp(m): 2:19am On Feb 11, 2013
and this

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by 190: 2:19am On Feb 11, 2013
una nor dey sleep for nite angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by 190: 2:20am On Feb 11, 2013
eyema is a phoool oh
he wan carry ref grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by 9icest: 2:25am On Feb 11, 2013
Beautiful! For once in my life, I forget how bad it felt been a Nigerian cheesy....Because, we the CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by OluEmmaAss: 2:37am On Feb 11, 2013
Nigeria has risen never to go down again. We shall dominate in all other endeavors too IJN.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Nobody: 2:37am On Feb 11, 2013
Enyama wan smell d man
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by onila(f): 2:48am On Feb 11, 2013
john dumelo supporting Nigeria!

24 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by onila(f): 2:49am On Feb 11, 2013
Victor Moses and kanu nwankwo after the game

24 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Dfrenzy(m): 2:53am On Feb 11, 2013
190: una nor dey sleep for nite angry angry angry
You never hear say we win nations cup again, for the third time after 19 years?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Nobody: 2:57am On Feb 11, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by igomen: 2:58am On Feb 11, 2013
kelch: Imagine this, the tournament started 19th of Jan,d last goal was scored by jersey number 19 on a sunday by a sunday & we won it after 19yrs.
This is the story of a young boy whose parents were murdered during 2002 riots in Kaduna. He was aged 11 years at the time. His parents, Mr Austine and Mrs Josephine Moses, were missionaries until they met their untimely death. The boy left his house to play football but returned home to see that all his parents had laboured for had been razed down and he would never see his mother and father again.
He was taken to London by his uncle almost immediately after the incident. While in London, he began deploying his football skills. Though his parents were murdered, his passion for football was never killed. He played football for his school and later for a local Tandrige League club until Crystal Palace FC approached him. From that point, his career progressed in leaps and bounds.
This player played for England's under 16, 17, 19 and 21 teams between 2005 and 2010 scoring 11 goals for England during this period. He later moved to Wigan Athletic and now he plays for Chelsea. This footballer is called VICTOR MOSES.
His story is a touching one, I share his pains. I also share his courage. He had a choice not to step into Nigeria again but he didn't take that option. When the call to serve his fatherland came, Moses dumped England and embraced Nigeria... That is patriotism!
Today, we see a Victor Moses bringing joy to every Nigerian including those who may have inspired his parent's death... That is Love!
On Sunday, Moses would stand for the National Anthem and pledge allegiance to a country that couldn't defend his parents... That is faith!
Moses would deliver the "African Cup of Nations" trophy to Nigeria not minding what had happened in the past... That is forgiveness! Moses rose through bitterness and despair to the limelight of hope and courage.
He never gave up on his country. He persevered... That is purpose!
If someone like Victor Moses, despite the bitter past, never gave up on Nigeria, then why should we?
No wonder Victor was on fire in this Tournament. i duff my hat, you are a great inspiration to the youths of this country.....never give up

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by 50calibre(m): 3:04am On Feb 11, 2013
These boys has brought back lost glories, I hope it shall continue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Spacle2xl: 3:06am On Feb 11, 2013
http://gavel24.gov.ng/afcon-2013-its-our-moment-of-glory-mark/

AFCON 2013: it’s our moment of glory , Mark
…says Keshi is a child of destiny.

President of the Senate, Senator David Mark yesterday evening urged Nigerians to savor the victory of the Super Eagles in South Africa and use it as a rallying point to further the peace and unity of the country currently challenged by unabating insecurity.

Senator Mark who led the Federal government delegation to watch the final of the 2013 African cup of Nations in South Africa, was pleased that the victory of the super Eagles has offered the needed elixir and tonic to boost the peace and unity of Nigeria.

He praised the Stephen Keshi tutored boys for the successes at continental championship saying the nation owes them a great measure of gratitude.

” You deserve our honour and praise. The Federal government and indeed all Nigerians are indebted to you. You have restored our dignity and pride. You deserve our honour and reward”, Senator Mark stated.

The Senate President praised the Super Eagles for the team spirit displayed throughout the competition and implored all Nigerians to emulate the team spirit that brought the victory.

Senator Mark particularly praised the Head coach of the Super Eagles and his coaching crew for a Job well done pointing out that Keshi is a child of history and destiny.

He Said: ” As a player and captain of the Super Eagles in 1994, Nigeria won the nations cup. As a coach of the Super Eagles in 2013, he brought honour to our dear country. Keshi has proved to be a great asset to the nation. The nation is proud of you”.

Signed:

Paul Mumeh
Chief Press Secretary to the President of the Senate.
www.gavel24.gov.ng

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Nobody: 3:06am On Feb 11, 2013
onila: john dumelo supporting Nigeria!

kiss

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by karlnyeno: 3:30am On Feb 11, 2013
Enyeama i love, all de players plus de coaching crew i love u all. I've not been able 2 sleep again
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Rastamann: 3:45am On Feb 11, 2013
Nice Pictures! Today was truely a Sunday's Sunday in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by misslaw(f): 3:49am On Feb 11, 2013
it really great...we did it
I WAS SO HAPPY .....ALMOST CRYIN
LUV U KESHI
LUV U EAGLES
LUV U AFRICAN
UNITED WE STAND

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by manmustwac(m): 3:55am On Feb 11, 2013
miss law: it really great...we did it
I WAS SO HAPPY .....ALMOST CRYIN
LUV U KESHI
LUV U EAGLES
LUV U AFRICAN
UNITED WE STAND
LUV U TO MISS LAW kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Super Eagles Arrive Swaziland Ahead Of Their Match Today (Photos) / Arsenal Reach £45m Agreement With Man City For Gabriel Jesus / Shark FC, Other Football Players Sleep In Front Of Rivers Govt House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.