Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,482 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

C - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / C (1200 Views)

She Slept With My Best Buddy And Expects Me To End Friendship With Him. / How Do I Make My Ex My Friend / How My Friendship With Her Ended Because Of N500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C by helpmeohgod(m): 10:27am On Feb 11, 2013
Hi Guy, Something have been bothering my mind since concerning my Former girlfriend of 6 years before we parted ways and got married to our various partners.

The fact is, we were very good friends apart from being into a relationship and when we parted ways because our parents were opposed to our getting married, we parted peacefully with much understanding.

What astonishes me now is that for d past 3 years we have never seen nor spoken to each other but only on facebook. We look like enemies to ourselves. I don't keep much friends but I cherish the little I have.

I understand both of us are married but what I just want is hello once in a while like normal friends and nothing more.

Am using this medium to ask now if it is a crime to keep ordinary friendship with your EX.

Your contributions is highly needed
Re: C by 190: 10:57am On Feb 11, 2013
No u can't keep been friends with an ex

Aren't there other women out there angry
Re: C by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 11, 2013
It depends on why you broke up in the first place.
Re: C by baibijayyahoo(f): 12:35pm On Feb 11, 2013
i doubt if you have gotten over the ex, looks like you haven't
Re: C by helpmeohgod(m): 1:15pm On Feb 11, 2013
@ baibijay-u don't seem to understand my post, we were very close friends before and during the relationship. So, does ending the relationship means ending hello friends too?
Re: C by achinaboy(m): 4:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
helpmeohgod: @ baibijay-u don't seem to understand my post, we were very close friends before and during the relationship. So, does ending the relationship means ending hello friends too?
just leave your ex alone and focus on your partner,,,i think you are not happy with your new whatever,because if you are,i don`t think u will be chassing after ur ex like dog chassing a car...what if your partner is still in contact with the ex for no matter what,how would you feel,,,,,just grow up and forget your excusess
Re: C by ifihearam: 7:55pm On Feb 11, 2013
helpmeohgod: @ baibijay-u don't seem to understand my post, we were very close friends before and during the relationship. So, does ending the relationship means ending hello friends too?

yes. leave her alone,whats your own sef?
Re: C by ypzilanti: 3:54am On Feb 12, 2013
Funny. grin

If you exchange greetings once a while on facebook, that is enough na. At least that means you are not enemies. No matter how close you were in your relationship, you cannot have a normal relationship with your ex once you are married. Since you like her so much, you should have fought your parents and married her. But you did not, and the past is the past. Face your wife and be content.

1 Like

Re: C by nlofficial(m): 6:00am On Feb 12, 2013
IMO, it all depends on how the relationship ended. But I think in most cases, it just doesn't work.
Re: C by Youngpo413: 10:23am On Sep 13, 2014
No
Re: C by TheyVid(m): 11:16am On Sep 13, 2014
@ OP

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Forgive These Children! / 9 Reasons Why Some Nigerian Ladies End Up Single For Life.. / Nairaland Ladies Choose For Yourselvels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.