Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,535 members, 7,808,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

"Religion Has No Place In The 21st Century"-Cambridge Debate-Dawkins vs.Williams - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Religion Has No Place In The 21st Century"-Cambridge Debate-Dawkins vs.Williams (6491 Views)

Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare / Dawkins Tells Atheists To "Mock Religion With Contempt," And Ravi's Response / An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Religion Has No Place In The 21st Century"-Cambridge Debate-Dawkins vs.Williams by Nobody: 2:58am On Feb 16, 2013
Chrisbenogor: Interesting cheesy

Chris! cheesy How bodi?
Re: "Religion Has No Place In The 21st Century"-Cambridge Debate-Dawkins vs.Williams by DeepSight(m): 7:14am On Feb 16, 2013
Fair comments, Jayriginal.

But as you know, I am not an apostle of the Abrahamic God, and as I have said repeatedly, no one can enter a sensible discussion about God's existence with reference to disproving characteristics or internal inconsistencies of the Abrahamic God.

The discussion must remain at a cosmological and philosophical level on the issue of causation of the universe and life.

By the way, I sent you a PM, no reply. Are you based in PH? I need a lawyer there. Can you contact me via sightdeep@gmail.com.
Re: "Religion Has No Place In The 21st Century"-Cambridge Debate-Dawkins vs.Williams by jayriginal: 11:23am On Feb 16, 2013
^^^

Apologies!

I noticed a red message telling me I had a PM (its still there as I type). I went to my box and couldnt locate it so I thought it might be a nairaland bug.

Ive sent you a mail.
Re: "Religion Has No Place In The 21st Century"-Cambridge Debate-Dawkins vs.Williams by SNCOQ3(m): 5:46pm On Feb 16, 2013

SNCOQ3:
I fear that those who deny the Lord Jesus for 'logic' may end up bowing down to the 'Counterfeit-Jesus'. Atheism will give way for magic, mysticism, spiritism when he who restrains is taken out of the way ....Atheism is just a diabolic means to a diabolic end.

wiegraf:

This is your post brah, it's still remarkably foo.lish. Among other things, it clearly states that atheism entails one ends up diabolic, or with a 'diabolic end'. Do you want to continue remixing your meaning? Perhaps one can subscribe to a diabolic "philosophy" without being diabolic? Interesting.

A stoopid post getting a stoopid reply. Again, I hope you're not complaining.

Your interpretation of what i meant is clearly wrong: Its clearly above your comprehension.
Neither do i disagree that an evil philosophy like atheism, if practiced to its logical conclusion, can render its adherents evil:
-------------------------
Jeffrey Dahmer, an infamous serial killer and atheist sentenced to 900 years in prison, said “if a person doesn’t think that there is a God to be accountable to, then what’s the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges?”. He brutally killed seventeen men and boys, dismembering them, storing their parts and indulging in cannibalism and necrophilia. In 1991, he was caught by the police after one of his would-be victims escaped. Despite pleading not guilty on the basis on insanity, the court found him sane and fully accountable. He later expressed remorse.
------------------------

So Mr. "subjective morality" are we clear on that now?
Re: "Religion Has No Place In The 21st Century"-Cambridge Debate-Dawkins vs.Williams by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 16, 2013
SNCOQ3:

Your interpretation of what i meant is clearly wrong: Its clearly above your comprehension.
Neither do i disagree that an evil philosophy like atheism, if practiced to its logical conclusion, can render its adherents evil:
Jeffrey Dahmer, an infamous serial killer and atheist sentenced to 900 years in prison, said “if a person doesn’t think that there is a God to be accountable to, then what’s the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges?”. He brutally killed seventeen men and boys, dismembering them, storing their parts and indulging in cannibalism and necrophilia. In 1991, he was caught by the police after one of his would-be victims escaped. Despite pleading not guilty on the basis on insanity, the court found him sane and fully accountable. He later expressed remorse.
------------------------

oh yes and Hitler represents all christians?

You must be reallly foolish.

What is even more foolish is that you dont realise that Dahmer is quoting christian philosophy- no god, no morality
Re: "Religion Has No Place In The 21st Century"-Cambridge Debate-Dawkins vs.Williams by wiegraf: 6:21pm On Feb 16, 2013
SNCOQ3:

------------------------

You seem to misunderstand actually, I do know what you are trying to say, I'm telling you it's FANTASTICALLY MO.RONIC. As in, astronomically so. Even labeling atheism a 'philosophy' is extremely foo.lish.

So Mr. "objective morality" (which involves all the myriad wars in the name of religion and suicide bombers, hypocrites, etc) are we clear on that now?

Logical conclusion drivel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work / Mazaje When Did You Leave Christianity? / What Was The Main Message In Your Church Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.