Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,686 members, 7,801,979 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Pope Benedict To Resign - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Benedict To Resign (29548 Views)

This Man Believes He Is Jesus Christ...pope Benedict Him. / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy / Pope Benedict XVI To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by MEILYN(m): 2:17pm On Feb 11, 2013
o'boy:
i see you are empty Upstairs
Resigning dosen't mean he's not going to continue preaching word of God,do you think the pope duty is just to sit down doing nothing,for your info they kneel up to 12 hours straight praying and thats not healthy for a man of his Age,even the bible saith "God help those who help themselves"
my two biafran pounds
Nigerians oh my God u re absolutely pointless my post said ENDURE TO THE END..........OH BOY WHERE IN D BIBLE DID DEY SAY CHRISTIANS MUST KNEEL DOWN ND PRAY?? No wonder u guys kneel down all through church sessions nd sum He Goats kneel down nd Worship d pope..........nd worst of all d Mary part.....u guys re dumb
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Zet72(m): 2:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
ifeness:

He probably must have realised god is fake- he recently became close friend with NASA. He must have learnt there are billions of planets inhabited by other beings out there.
oga which other being, any fact to back that up, I hope u ain't dreaming..wake-up this is 2013....
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by kalunomics(m): 2:23pm On Feb 11, 2013
kooto:
Can you please shed more light into what prompted you to say this? thanks.
u sound quite like a reasonable and matured fellow. Nice question indeed! But u see, i can bet my bottom naira that he doesn't have any evidence whatsoever or atleast heard anything about that of the pope. I think he's either just intentionally trying to speak ill of the church or trying to get some attention.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by bokohalal(m): 2:30pm On Feb 11, 2013
The only way to mitigate the impending child sex scandal that went up all the way to the papacy. My thinking.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by oboy3(m): 2:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
MEILYN:
Nigerians oh my God u re absolutely pointless my post said ENDURE TO THE END..........OH BOY WHERE IN D BIBLE DID DEY SAY CHRISTIANS MUST KNEEL DOWN ND PRAY?? No wonder u guys kneel down all through church sessions nd sum He Goats kneel down nd Worship d pope..........nd worst of all d Mary part.....u guys re dumb
Will you believe me if I told you that i didnt understand one bit of this rubbish you posted
idiote,did not jesus kneel down when praying in the bible?,its obvious from you post that you are jevenile @ heart
just leave this topic for matured hearts to discuss now go play with ur friends
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Dnaz(m): 2:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
Chei!! TB Joshua didn't see dis comingChei!! TB Joshua didn't see dis comingChei!! TB Joshua didn't see dis coming
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by blessed4ril(f): 2:36pm On Feb 11, 2013
omicron: what do you know about popes?
i wonda ooo! SMH
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by otokx(m): 2:37pm On Feb 11, 2013
This is interesting.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by MEILYN(m): 2:37pm On Feb 11, 2013
o'boy:
Will you believe me if I told you that i didnt understand one bit of this rubbish you posted
idiote,did not jesus kneel down when praying in the bible?,its obvious from you post that you are jevenile @ heart
just leave this topic for matured hearts to discuss now go play with ur friends
u wont understand nah....i didnt expect u to understand.......keep deceiving ur selfs.....
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by safarigirl(f): 2:39pm On Feb 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

ThankGod he's not a Nigerian,he would have died in that position.good man I tell ya.

Buhari on my mind.
He's supposed to die in that position. He'll be the first Pope in 598 years to resign.

Read from twitter that there's a 'Prophecy of Popes' that states that Benedict XVI will be the secon to the last Pope before the coming of Christ
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by MEILYN(m): 2:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
merengue:

Made the effort to go through your posts and have come to the conclusion that you are just a senseless, attention seeking buffoon who does not even have 10% of the grey matter that God gave to the dung beetle. Do us all a favour and crawl back into the sewer you came from.
now i see y u were disowned ........even Catholics will deny u............get a life guy nd 4 d efforts u took i can pay u 4...
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by oboy3(m): 2:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
MEILYN:
u wont understand nah....i didnt expect u to understand.......keep deceiving ur selfs.....
e pain u abi?,i know you belong to one of those churches that pay the MOGs for deliverance
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by akandejames: 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2013
9ja_I_hail: Dear Brothers,
I have convoked you to this Consistory, not only for the three canonizations, but also to communicate to you a decision of great importance for the life of the Church. After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths, due to an advanced age, are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry.

I am well aware that this ministry, due to its essential spiritual nature, must be carried out not only with words and deeds, but no less with prayer and suffering. However, in today’s world, subject to so many rapid changes and shaken by questions of deep relevance for the life of faith, in order to govern the bark of Saint Peter and proclaim the Gospel, both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognize my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to me.

For this reason, and well aware of the seriousness of this act, with full freedom I declare that I renounce the ministry of Bishop of Rome, Successor of Saint Peter, entrusted to me by the Cardinals on 19 April 2005, in such a way, that as from 28 February 2013, at 20:00 hours, the See of Rome, the See of Saint Peter, will be vacant and a Conclave to elect the new Supreme Pontiff will have to be convoked by those whose competence it is.

Dear Brothers, I thank you most sincerely for all the love and work with which you have supported me in my ministry and I ask pardon for all my defects. And now, let us entrust the Holy Church to the care of Our Supreme Pastor, Our Lord Jesus Christ, and implore his holy Mother Mary, so that she may assist the Cardinal Fathers with her maternal solicitude, in electing a new Supreme Pontiff. With regard to myself, I wish to also devotedly serve the Holy Church of God in the future through a life dedicated to prayer.
From the Vatican, 10 February 2013

BENEDICTUS PP XVI

Buahri should take a cue from his age mate, Pope Benedict.

As pope, dont expect him to communicate in plain english(His words are coded). those who read in between the lines will decipher this guy is under pressure and speaking of conscience, you should reason that he talks of the struggle between good and bad in his own heart. looking back to history, so many scandals have rocked his office and exposure of classified files which threatens the existence of the office itself. Just recently, one of the bodyguards blew a whistle about the corruption in the hierarchy. i guess this is the humble pie he has to bite. It's the only option he has i guess. (in my own opinion)...

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by MostHigh: 2:44pm On Feb 11, 2013
safarigirl: Heaven forgive those who look down on The Virgin Mother.

Mr. Genius, Mary is the Mother of God. The Parcel through which The Son Jesus Christ was delivered into this sinful world. If your ignorant self can not comprehend that, then it is you whose brain is on auto-pilot

VIRGIN MOTHER IS LUCIFERIAN (VATICAN) CONCEPT WELL ESTABLISHED BEFORE CHRIST.AND NOWHERE IS THIS SCRIPTURALLY SUPPORTED

ALSO THAT MEANS MY MOTHER IS THE MOTHER OF GOD AS WELL SEEING I AM THE SON OF GOD ALSO.

SEE OSIRIS AND MITHRS
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Legalplayerz: 2:47pm On Feb 11, 2013
Something big is gonna happen soon...... Watch this space.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Zet72(m): 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
Better resign than to lead ur blind and idol worshiping trinitarians to hell, the man of sin!!.....
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by safarigirl(f): 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
MostHigh:

MORE LIKE QUICK DEATH TO ALL FORMS OF LUCIFERIAN WORSHIP
ESPECIALLY THE WORSHIP OF PASTORS AND MOGs
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Symphony007: 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
Cardinal francis arinze of anambra state from nigeria is a front runner as the next pope. He was the third most powerfull cardinal after cardinal ratzinger(now pope benedict) during the reign of pope john paul. Hope vatican politics or his nationality does not deny this dedicated man of this palpacy!!
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Symphony007: 2:50pm On Feb 11, 2013
Please how does one open a thrend? Thank you most kindly!
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by kalunomics(m): 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2013
linearity:

Agreed, calling him a child molester is going too far, but the facts remains that when he was a Bishop and a Cardinal; hundreds of Child molestation cases were cases were forwarded to him so that he can defrock the offending Priests; the case of the molestation of about 200 deaf kids in Wisconsin comes to mind and he did nothing about those cases.

Legally, he fits the profile of an accomplice or an accessory after the facts. I know that the consciousness of his followers will revolt against such a label, but that does not change the facts.
winsconsin is a U.S. state located in the north-central United States and pope benedict was ordained a priest in 1950 in his home country, Germany; he became a theologian professor in 1958 in the same Germany until he was appointed the Archbishop of Munich and Freising (which is an ecclesiastical
territory or diocese of the
Roman Catholic Church in
Bavaria, Germany)
and cardinal by Pope Paul VI in 1977. Later in 1981, he moved to Rome. Now tell me how a bishop of Munich and Freising being filed a report of child molestation case which happened in winconsin ( north central U.S. state) to? What happened to the archbishop of Milwaukee, bishops of dioceses of green bay, lacross, madison, superior, ecclesiastical province of milwaukee, which are all the dioceses of Winsconsin state? Abi dem go leave when the incident occured ni? Don't join the train of ignorant cynics in NL here to offend God. God forgive y'all cuz you don't know what you are doing!

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2013
Afam4eva: This is an opportunity for Cardinal Arinze to become Pope.

when white man are becoming Babalawo, Africans are dreaming of African pope!

[size=16pt]NA - WA - O[/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

[img]http://www.yoruba.at/uploads/pics/BABALAWO_2_01.jpg[/img]

P.S. afam i knew from the begining you were an agent of the church and a christian. no wonder you are trying to fit in lies from the bible into IFA ORISHA religion. TUFIA!
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by merengue: 2:54pm On Feb 11, 2013
Symphony007: Cardinal francis arinze of anambra state from nigeria is a front runner as the next pope. He was the third most powerfull cardinal after cardinal ratzinger(now pope benedict) during the reign of pope john paul. Hope vatican politics or his nationality does not deny this dedicated man of this palpacy!!

Onaiyekan stands a better chance due to his age and his reformist attitude. Arinze is 81 and it makes no sense to elect a 81 year old to replace an 85 year old. Also, he is a conservative just like Ratzinger and at this juncture, the church needs someone who can reform without changing too much at once.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by StOla: 2:58pm On Feb 11, 2013
MEILYN: am a Christian dat dont blive Church will take u to Heaven,am nt a pentecost,neither am i a catholic or anglican or watever............do u know how many houses d pope has? How many cars? He went to England nd dey treated him like A King....Even Jesus didnt get such treatment......so u better watch wat u say because there is no difference between u nd a monkey

The only possession a Pope or a Priest will be buried with will be his coffin. By the rules of their vocation they've surrendered all material possession. Any vehicle or house is owned by the church. The church is the family they have that provides all and inherit all.

Christ was a leader of a jewish sect that suffered persecution. The Pope is the leader of that sect that has now grown to rule the world wherein it then suffered persecution. Also the Bishop of Rome (Pope) is the sovereign ruler(head of state) of the independent Vatican City, thus meriting a presidential welcome anywhere in the world.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? / Woman Gives Birth To Miracle Twins, After Doctor Said She Was Carrying Fibroid / Eid al-Fitr: Kalu Breaks Fast With Muslims In Umuahia, Donates Cash, Food Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.