Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,293 members, 7,780,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:31 PM

God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign (2002 Views)

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy / Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? / Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by ikeyman00(m): 12:08pm On Feb 11, 2013
There has been rumour ever since new Pope took over he will resign

the news network is circulating now he will do so by the end of the month!

now i think God want Cardinal Arinze cool
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by redsun(m): 12:20pm On Feb 11, 2013
ikeyman00: There has been rumour ever since new Pope took over he will resign

Oyinbo dont think black man is ripe enough for that post.They are still steep deep in tradition,it is a white thing,manipilating the blacks.
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by slimming: 12:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
Africa man has pope? let see
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by jaso1(m): 12:27pm On Feb 11, 2013
It is not about white manipulating black is about the quality and reality of the faith. it can not be entrust on black because black is design to loot and destroy. Have you ever seen black Jesus or Muhammed? Have a rethink and be content with what is yours.
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by ikeyman00(m): 12:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
@@@

black pope=black Jesus

possible?
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by Itoroetti(m): 12:36pm On Feb 11, 2013
Why are nigerian always full of tribalistic people.why don't we ask God's will to be done.
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by redsun(m): 2:11pm On Feb 11, 2013
Itoroetti :
Why are nigerian always full of tribalistic people.why don't we ask God's will to be done.

I bet you mean the will of oyinbos who makes the decision.All those facades,rules,rituals,initiation,edifices and illusions are created by whiteman to control minds like yours and maintain the status quo.Letting blackman to the secret(inner chambers) will mean the end(bursting) of the magics.
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 11, 2013

Why not Okogie or Onaiyekan ?
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 11, 2013
Francis Cardinal Arinze is long due to be a Pope. But his skin will never permit it. A black man will never be a Pope!!
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by Walexz02(m): 3:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
Why cant a black man become a pope? Well, I dnt knw hw it is done is xtienity, but in Islam, no matter 4rm where u are, knowledge,faith e.t.c are the criteria necessary for any position....
**********+************
Up team Nigeria**
Mba!
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by kunlekunle: 4:07pm On Feb 11, 2013
US president better
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by ikeyman00(m): 4:25pm On Feb 11, 2013
@@@

Why cant a black man become a pope? Well, I dnt knw hw it is done is xtienity, but in Islam, no matter 4rm where u are, knowledge,faith e.t.c are the criteria necessary for any position....

eziokwu?

the same arabs we know that dont even sees u as a human?

this is the reason islam should be banned for six months in Nigeria so people like u could discover who u really are shocked
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by Igwe9(m): 4:48pm On Feb 11, 2013
it's all about one's destiny and calling, it has nothing to do with color, you guys should leave the papal choosing to the bishops, after all, of what benefit would it be to them to make all the sacrifice in life and lose their souls over racism. I don't think it has something to do with skin color here.
The most important thing to any true christian is to make heaven, any other thing should be inconsequential to me.
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by ikeyman00(m): 5:11pm On Feb 11, 2013
the post has summersault
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by ikeyman00(m): 5:11pm On Feb 11, 2013
^^^ ok ok but let me tell u now the next one might be from south america after which it still come back to whiteman

im actually hoping the men of god in nl could hear me
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by Akanbiedu(m): 6:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
Zoning in short, PDP style.
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by tpia5: 6:34pm On Feb 11, 2013
Igwe.:
it's all about one's destiny and calling, it has nothing to do with color, you guys should leave the papal choosing to the bishops, after all, of what benefit would it be to them to make all the sacrifice in life and lose their souls over racism. I don't think it has something to do with skin color here.
The most important thing to any true christian is to make heaven, any other thing should be inconsequential to me.

thank you.

not sure why we blacks are always shouting over everything, just saying.
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by tpia5: 6:37pm On Feb 11, 2013
ikeyman00: ^^^ ok ok but let me tell u now the next one might be from south america after which it still come back to whiteman

im actually hoping the men of god in nl could hear me

maybe you should nominate yourself for the position?

if it goes to whiteman or south american man, so what?
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by Livinusc(m): 6:49pm On Feb 11, 2013

Are u dreaming?,somebody who is pursuing 90yrs u ar saying he ll b d next pope.
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
When you make a white man the igwe of your village tongue
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by Afam4eva(m): 7:43pm On Feb 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Why not Okogie or Onaiyekan ?
Do you know Cardinal Arinze's rank in the Vatican? Okogie and Onaiyekan are not even close.

@topic
It was dicsussed on BBC today that a pope from a third world country will emerge next. Most likely from Africa and most likely from Nigeria. Cardinal Arinze is the ,most senior and will most likely become the next pope.
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 11, 2013
poor things.
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by emmatok(m): 8:05pm On Feb 11, 2013
Afam4eva:
Do you know Cardinal Arinze's rank in the Vatican? Okogie and Onaiyekan are not even close.

@topic
It was dicsussed on BBC today that a pope from a third world country will emerge next. Most likely from Africa and most likely from Nigeria. Cardinal Arinze is the ,most senior and will most likely become the next pope.

You blame whites for thesame thing you practice.

The current Pope was not even the most senior when he elected.
Any of the three Nigerians can be Pope.
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by Afam4eva(m): 8:07pm On Feb 11, 2013
emmatok:

You blame whites for thesame thing you practice.

The current Pope was not even the most senior when he elected.
Any of the three Nigerians can be Pope.
They're all cardinals and yes they can be pope but experience matters. Pope Benedict the sixteen was not the most senior but he was a senior and had the experience. Onaiyekan just became a cardinal and Okogie is not really familiar with the vatican but Arinze has been there for decades.
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by naptu2: 8:10pm On Feb 11, 2013
Anthony Cardinal Okogie retired last year, so he can't become pope, neither will he vote in the election.

https://www.nairaland.com/947145/cardinal-anthony-okogie-retires-bishop
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by Afam4eva(m): 9:34pm On Feb 11, 2013
naptu2: Anthony Cardinal Okogie retired last year, so he can't become pope, neither will he vote in the election.

https://www.nairaland.com/947145/cardinal-anthony-okogie-retires-bishop
I think he retired as the Bishop of Lagos and not as a cardinal.
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by naptu2: 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2013
Afam4eva:
I think he retired as the Bishop of Lagos and not as a cardinal.

He is now the Cardinal Emeritus (I.e retired cardinal). His retirement home is in the new monastery in Lekki. He now walks with a cane.
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by nurus: 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2013
I strongly belief that any of this 3 Nigerian Cardinals will make better pope---Cardinal Francis Arinze,Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie and Cardinal John Onayeikan.
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by emmatok(m): 10:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
Afam4eva:
They're all cardinals and yes they can be pope but experience matters. Pope Benedict the sixteen was not the most senior but he was a senior and had the experience. Onaiyekan just became a cardinal and Okogie is not really familiar with the vatican but Arinze has been there for decades.

What experience are you talking about.
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by pokur: 10:44pm On Feb 11, 2013
naptu2: Anthony Cardinal Okogie retired last year, so he can't become pope, neither will he vote in the election
Okogie retired as Metropolitan,a serving bishop,not as a Cardinal.There's no age limit to being a Cardinal,only age limit on who can vote.
Theoretically,all baptised Catholic males qualify to be Pope.The College of Cardinals in practice,however,go for someone they know or know of,most likely one of their own.
BTW,the age limit on voting Cardinals is 80years.Not sure Cardinal Okogie is 80 yet,could be wrong about his age tho
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by DisGuy: 11:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
The man from Ghana is being tipped not heard of any nigerian name yet
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by Demdem(m): 11:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
Arinze is about 80yrs. Don't think they will be keen with that. The ghanian is much younger. That is if it will come to a black man oo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians / 7 Differences Pope Francis Has Made In One Appearance. / PHOTOS: Pastor's Wife Goes Bra-less, Shows Off Breasts & Hot Legs In Revealing D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.