Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Better Internet Connection - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Better Internet Connection (1615 Views)

Spectranet Wants Faster And Better Internet Connection In Nigeria. / Proxifier For Better Internet / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Better Internet Connection by buyolala(m): 6:58am On Mar 12, 2008
Having a better internet connection in 9ja is realy posing big problem as far as i am concerned. the worst of all is the epileptic internet service being rendered by 'multilinks ' this days. Actually, i cannot say much about 'Startcoms', 'Rerltel' or this new "Visafone'

Does anyone here have idea on better connection for personal use.
Re: Better Internet Connection by cptchicks(m): 1:32pm On Mar 12, 2008
hey theres this guy on naira land whos doing internet connections for 30k a year and the speed is gangstafied buckwild. i think i have his number somewhere, i;'ll check for it for you
Re: Better Internet Connection by Afam(m): 2:42pm On Mar 12, 2008
cpt chicks:

hey theres this guy on naira land whos doing internet connections for 30k a year and the speed is gangstafied buckwild. i think i have his number somewhere, i;'ll check for it for you

Is the GSM number your own or the does it belong to the person doing internet connection for 30k a year?
Re: Better Internet Connection by cptchicks(m): 3:22pm On Mar 12, 2008
sorry man,
thats mine,
i'll look for his number and post it
Re: Better Internet Connection by Afam(m): 4:11pm On Mar 12, 2008
Ok
Re: Better Internet Connection by buyolala(m): 4:53am On Mar 13, 2008
realy waiting for the number man
Re: Better Internet Connection by cptchicks(m): 11:27am On Mar 13, 2008
hey sorry guys
here you go
i know him as browse sha
its like this decoder kinda thng (for thoe of you that use CTL)
you know what i mean
anyhow sha its something like that
peace
Re: Better Internet Connection by icezik1(m): 3:12pm On Mar 18, 2008
visafone is okay. the average download speed is 40kbps.
Re: Better Internet Connection by apity: 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2008
Hi,check this site up www.your-freedom.net It works,i've been using it since last year.All you need is how to configue your computer to your GPRS phone and install one or two softwares and you are there on the internet.You can do it yourselt.All the step-by-step process is in a ebook which you can get for token.You can contact me through apity2008@yahoo.com for more info if you are interested.

WHAT YOU PAY YOUR HARD EARN MONEY FOR CAN BE GOTTEN FOR A TOKEN IF YOU HAVE THE INFORMATION
Re: Better Internet Connection by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2008
@ cpt chicks, have u tried the guy's internet connection personally and is the speed exactly as he claims
Re: Better Internet Connection by cptchicks(m): 9:18pm On Apr 05, 2008
no not at all but i have been talking to him sha
hope to try it out when i get back from school in may
Re: Better Internet Connection by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 06, 2008
cpt chicks:

no not at all but i have been talking to him sha
hope to try it out when i get back from school in may

pls can you forward the details of the internet connection that browse gave u to my email:abibio2001@yahoo.com.Thanks
Re: Better Internet Connection by wizslim(f): 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2008
@Apity
guy stop decieving people about the shit called freedom watever. for your information , they dont offer internet connction services all they do is protect your privacy which means before you can use thier so call service you have to be connected first, STOP deceiving your fellow men cos of a token N3k to sell your yeye book.

I think Starcoms 3g is still the best compare to multilinks, reltel except for visafone which i haven't really tested.
If there is any one who knows more abt visafone should pls post his or her comments.
here for us to view.
Re: Better Internet Connection by apity: 11:35am On Apr 11, 2008
@wizslim
This is not a deciet,Its what I used (confirmed)even right now without paying a kobo since June last year.I have even help people to do the configuration,Just tell me that you dont know how to go about it instead of this.
Well, you can continue paying for your internet connection its your choice as for me I used it and it works for me.
Anybody interested in it should contact me through apity2008@yahoo.com the configuration process is well explain in the ebook.
Re: Better Internet Connection by Kashif(m): 12:22pm On Apr 11, 2008
Your greatest mistake was to leave a link to their site! Whoever visits that site will know that you are telling a different story.

some people are not dumb you know. embarassed
Re: Better Internet Connection by apity: 6:46am On Apr 12, 2008
What you don't know you dont know.This is what i have been using for over 8months now,even right now.Well,I'm not surprise when Jesus came only few believe him.
The few that believe can still get in touch through my mail apity2008@yahoo.com for the ebook on how to go about it which I'm given out for a token.
Thank you
Re: Better Internet Connection by bluehorizo(m): 11:02pm On Apr 12, 2008
@apity

I really do pity you and your mischievous character.
Re: Better Internet Connection by Mustay(m): 11:51am On Apr 13, 2008
As far as am concerned, starcomms 3g is the better
Re: Better Internet Connection by kioboy(m): 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2008
Hi guys,

pls i need some help on how to use the starcomms EVDO card on HP PAVILION, the pin does not match my laptop, i don't know if there is any adaptor for it?? anybody with usefull info should post here ASAP
Re: Better Internet Connection by OlatundeO: 12:25pm On Apr 16, 2008
wizslim:

If there is any one who knows more about visafone should please post his or her comments.
here for us to view.

I'm about to migrate from using starcomms to visafone. Starcomms dial-up is the most useless and slowest internet connection there is in the world. I get frustrated using it everyday. And i don't have much to get the starcomms broadband but since visafone is cheaper please ooo let us know more about it from people who have subscribed.
Re: Better Internet Connection by Ejike3: 11:21am On Apr 18, 2008
Visafone is cool, the speed is good.
I think it is fast because there is no much conjestion. Not much people are using it for now.

That is what we are using in my office, it is plug and play USB type for one computer but we share it to 7 computers (don't tell them).
Re: Better Internet Connection by OlatundeO: 12:47pm On Apr 18, 2008
Thanks Ejike for ur contribution. I have more questions to ask.
Apart from the monthly subscription(7000naira/mth) is there a set up fee, are there gagdets to be brought. I'm using a desktop PC, i hope i won't have to buy a telephone box like starcomms b/4 i can be connected (since it's broadband i don't think a phonebox is necessary OR WHAT DO U THINK)
What are their procedures? Would u have to go down to their office at VI, ?
Re: Better Internet Connection by bluehorizo(m): 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2008
I use Reltel and the connection speed is faster. Multilinks is frustrating,i abandoned mine for Reltel.
Re: Better Internet Connection by Vuitton(m): 1:47pm On Apr 18, 2008
Nairalanders pls wots d installation/initial fee for reltel and visafone.

And wot are their monthly charges. Thanx
Re: Better Internet Connection by bluehorizo(m): 1:51pm On Apr 18, 2008
http://www.reltelnigeria.com/

for 24/7 package- 10,000 naira monthly and 5k for 2 weeks.

I don't know about the other packages.
Re: Better Internet Connection by Vuitton(m): 2:04pm On Apr 18, 2008
@ bluehorizon
is d reltel package a cdma box or d aircard and how muc
Re: Better Internet Connection by Vuitton(m): 2:09pm On Apr 18, 2008
Sorry bout d double posting.
Im browsin via my handset.
Cheers.
Re: Better Internet Connection by earthrealm(m): 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2008
visaphone is ok,
but they r now charging per kb,
ie 55k per kb,
that was what i was told when i called customer care,
unless u buy a data card, then u can choose a mnthly package
Re: Better Internet Connection by Ejike3: 6:22pm On Apr 18, 2008
Olatunde O:

Thanks Ejike for your contribution. I have more questions to ask.
Apart from the monthly subscription(7000naira/mth) is there a set up fee, are there gagdets to be brought. I'm using a desktop PC, i hope i won't have to buy a telephone box like starcomms b/4 i can be connected (since it's broadband i don't think a phonebox is necessary OR WHAT DO You THINK)
What are their procedures? Would u have to go down to their office at VI, ?
The data card is like most USB flash drive, you can plug it in your USB port on a desktop or laptop. Phone box is not required.
The one we are using is EVDO, they have both 1x and EVDO.
Check it out on their website http://www.visafone.com.ng/devices.html for the picture and other infomation.
I attached the picture below.

(1) (Reply)

?? / A Question On Usb Modem Sim / Easy Method To Create Your Own Power Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.