Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi (57237 Views)

How To Upgrade Your ND And HND Certificate To BSC - See Step / Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate / Hnd Holders, Universities With Hnd To Bsc Conversion Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by haitto99(m): 10:32am On Nov 16, 2013
boay: I love the write up and I have seen many intelligent comments. The discrimination is pathetic and many of our brothers and sisters are victims. An HND holder will not be employed to teach in my school (a university), but a BSC holder will be employed to teach in polytechnics. An OND holder will start from year 2 in a university after 3 years in polytechnic(IT period inclusive). It is obvious for all to see. The countries where we borrowed the idea of polytechnics have abandoned the system they all have only universities. I will advise JAMBITES to struggle for university admission, those with OND please go and get your degree and those with HND should get their degree too through direct entry or PGD. This is because we cant help to swiftly and totally erase the discrimination. Mind you the international community also undermine HND. It is an odd old idea to them
you are so wrong....there are lots of polytechnics n technical schools in d UK
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by boay(m): 11:20am On Nov 16, 2013
haitto99: you are so wrong....there are lots of polytechnics n technical schools in d UK
Thanks for the correction. But, can you please mention some polytechnics only in UK?
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by isaajibola(m): 11:41am On Nov 16, 2013
Who tell u dat Universities are theory-based while polytechnics are practical inclined. That's a complete lie. The Nigeria we re in today, universities and polytechnics re nt doin any practical. Av passd through both academic enviroment, even sum universities stil doin a lot of practicals dan all d polytechnics in dis country. Example; UI, UNILAG, OAU nd many odas. Find out abt dose universities ursef.

Universities are theory-based while polytechnucs and colleges are practical inclined. But it's much more difficult gaining admission into a University, and universities have more dons and better facilities thus the reason for the discrimination.
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by cjeriia: 12:57pm On Nov 16, 2013
@Poster

I totally agree with all u have highlighted above.

@ viewers & contributors

It takes one who has experienced both worlds to know. 10yrs ago I was a proud graduate of a polytechnic who felt he had learnt all he could from d 4 wall of a higher institution. I would have graduated Sep/Oct from Uniport if not 4 the ASUU strike. There is a big disparity between both citadels of learning. A university graduate is way ahead of the polytechnic graduate in terms of a complete academic/professional merchandise.
For those poly graduates that will throw tantrums at this post, you can never know until you experience it first hand. Be wise and upgrade. As for me, make ASUU do make I finnish commot jare
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by broisrael(m): 12:45am On Jun 06, 2020
Re: The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi by jpawjpaw(m): 11:28am On Jun 06, 2020
stupor:
One thing have noticed here on Nairaland is that the MODs favor some particular topics even when it lacks crystal clear truth and justice !

Every year they try to reproduce what someone has said before because they feel uncomfortable and they want cheap and lame advantage.

I will not allow someone else's ignorance and uncredible education with regards to colleagues who attended a Nigerian Uni. Education to make bleak the future of others who have earned for themselves a proud and well deserved qualification.

University education is no way superior to Polytechnic education,not even in any way !

Its just a simple example of pitied advantage of University education who are lucky enough to have been in positions and offices of power that made it easier for them to take decisions for partially for themselves only otherwise every polytechnic graduate would have done the same.

A university education is a favored opportunity that Nigerians have turned to make look like fashion and aesthetics whereas a majority that holds it move around with it full of void,originality,techicality,Objectivity,professionalism which the Polytech.has in all its ramifications.

A Univeristy education is new while the Polytechnic is the origin and bedrock which seals the fact that most Nigerians don't know,A polytech. has in its coffers all that it takes to be a professional and nothing but the best in your given field.

A University is an extension of the solid structure and foundatoion a Polytech.is found so that it can include sports,fashion and extra-curricular activities whereas the major learning,development,research,inventions,theories,proofs are simply alienated to Polytechnic,more reasOn a Polytech will floor any University grad in major Post-grad and Professional exams.

University education is for the fashion and play while a polytechnic cannot jeopardize that because the whole world depends on their theory to work includin Uni.so while a Uni student is palying VOlleyball r learning hw to swim in the college for competitions,a Polytech undergrad is nerdily locked up by their supervisors at their different labs working because the Polytech.total land mass might not even have the space for a pool talkless of a Hockey court as no much time can be devoted for. Minor things as that ! Getting your theories right are important to Polytech undergrads than sports or a swimimg pool !

How many times did you get to hear or see Albeit Eienstein found playing ? He's always locked in the lab doing new things,and that is the state of mind of an average Polytech.

The best teaching place for developing theory and assessing practical is having a quality HND certificate and not even a business school or Univsersity education in Nigeria can contest that.

University education in Nigeria is a jealous group of people with little or no knowlege when it comes to higher education and always envious when they find themselves in the midst of a Nigerian Polytechnic graduate.

Quoting your words::::::::n essence, some of the lecturers in our polytechnics lack the academic and technical wherewithal to baptize their students with the required skill and knowledge. But the problem goes beyond that!

But kindly take note of these findings:

A Polytechnic Lecturer will teach and lecture a PHD University lecturer the basics and complex areas of his or her study without reading it from the book including scientific and engineering theories.

A Polytechic graduate in accounting with HND will teach all the PHD holders including professors things they have never had of in their career history.

An OND Polytechnic holder,will comfotably teach a doctorate all he needs to know about accounting and same goes to Engineering Polytechic graduates.

While a University is offering 5 courses in final year, a Polytechnic student is managing nothing less. Than 10 complex papers incuding cumbersome Case theories to hack.

@ OP you are just one of the several bunch of Jealous University holders who take envy at Polytechnic holders or try make them look less superior but you are totally mistaken and lack the truth.

Ask for ICAN,CITN,ACCA and any other Finance related Professional exams for their Log pass history and ICAN will be proud enough to tell you that the best minds ever in the history of their exams have always being a Polytechnic graduate !

It is just your shallow sightedness and the overly congested craving that government has for Universoity as regards its funding that few people like you habour in your minds that makes you think because of the land mass,few tall structures,thearter halls Owned by law and the revered course like Medicine that makes you think you can match up with a Poly,but get it wrong completely.

After medicine and law,no other course ! I repeat no other course taken in a University on an average can outmatch a polytech grad! I have done my own several research !

Finally,let me let you know that a PHD holder cannot take the same level with an HND Accounting grad in ICAN,the HND Accounting will be nothing less than 2 steps above Your University ProF.

Or is a. Polytechnic grad that made the rule !

I will simply just want you to keep your University Certificate where ever you hid it and let it be known that the best genuises when it comes to Higher education hails from the polytechnic and stop creating unnecessary rivalry that is filled up with wrong emotional jealousies over the excellently earned skills of a polytech. Grad.

Stop discriminating and if you must get your facts clear,visit Professional bodies and foreign institutions or take a polytech. Exam first to clear your doubts befOre trying to blemish the future of well meaning graduates that have attended and earned a quality Polytech.Education.

Let's talk about something else,like how you and I as youths can affect this badly soiled country and not all these irrelevant arguments that yields no profit.

Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire because he worked on a social networking theory and i bet you he can employ you now same goes to Bill Gates,a college drop out.

Let the works of your hand speak for you and not some cheaply acquired certificates that everyone now has.

Pls which Poly are u talking aboutgringrin
You mean Nigeria's Polytechnics?
Never say poly(s) are better than uni(s) please, u and I know the truthgrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Vice-chancellors Of Nigeria Universities (photos) / Aluta Jango Finally Graduates From UNIJOS After 13 Years (Photos, Video) / Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.