Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? (6828 Views)

Would You Dump Your Boyfriend If He Is Married To Someone Just For Papers? / Would You Dump Your Sweety If They Got Fat? / How Do You Feel After You Dump Someone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Tinyemeka(m): 9:18pm On Feb 11, 2013
Hi y'all.
The AFCON championship has come and gone and the trophy is now where it rightfully belongs. Things have returned back to normalcy. Reality check.

In the course of the competition however, almost everyone made one or two promises to be kept if Nigeria won the championship. Some said they'd dance Alingo nekkid in their room. One said he'd go take a cold shower with one lonely transformer like that. Me I said I'd do my utmost best to find a permanent resting place for 4 Indomie super packs, some eggs and packs of juice.

I even heard that ermmm... some emm... women like that promised ... ermmm... free sales to all and sundry who patronised their emmm... services. Can't say if that actually happened.

The common denominator to all these promises, is that almost 100% of those promises were broken. They were merely tall tales meant to spice up gist.

Which brings me to the main gist. I've been hearing it too often that it just might hold plenty water. Boys are not smiling. Why? Some say they have no dough to support their chicks this Valentine season and for that reason, they would dump the chick at least a week to 2 weeks preceeding Feb 14th, then see how they can make up towards Feb ending when the coast must have cleared. I really wish to believe this to be false; like the free congo, Nekkid Alanta dance etc. But I've been hearing from so many people that I really need to confirm:

Guys, truthfully and honestly, can you codedly cook up one excuse and temporarily dump your babe just to avoid Val tins? At least for that period?

On my part, I'm patiently waiting for the day to arrive. Have some activities lined up for her. Guess I've become too vulnerable now to risk losing her because I've got to save shishi. grin

I don talk my own. House, over to you.
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Tinyemeka(m): 9:24pm On Feb 11, 2013
P.S. Ladies I didn't mean to sound sexist by omitting you from the survey O abeg. Just thought that guys are the ones who would tend to spend the more during the Val season.

But if you still feel that you as a lady are the one who spends the most in buying gifts for your bobo and would gladly embrace any opportunity to dodge those expenses, still feel free to halla. smiley

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by IZUKWU(m): 10:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
This val ,am as single as 1. What my last r/ship taught is to be true to myself and not cheat myself to make another happy.for now am not ready for ephemeral relationship. For now i want someone who will share more than my bed but my heart and burdens and pains and trials and fears . So if there is nothing ,i will tell her and she can't stay and abide with me. Fine , its our loss.. Am ready to bear it.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:11pm On Feb 11, 2013
Real men (like myself) don't shy away from their responsibilities. Especially a small one like taking your girl out for val or on any other day.
If there's little or no cashflow, let your girl know. Don't fake a quarell & leave the poor girl for some weeks. Another man may be around to grab her.

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by 80million1: 1:32am On Feb 12, 2013
*speechless*
BANCE...
my player of the Tournament, AFCON 2013!

2 Likes

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by fittty(m): 1:32am On Feb 12, 2013
Na wah oh! Is Valentines day going to be a public holiday? Why are there so many valentine topics on the front page? . Seun why are your moderators this childish? undecided. Are we secondary school students? sadThere are other informative topics in different sections here on Nairaland that needs to hit the front page not this constant annoying valentine talks... angry Mtschewwww!!!! *smdh* angry

13 Likes

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by RedLight1: 1:34am On Feb 12, 2013
lol it will take only a broke butt mofo to do such a thing.... i dont even think any guy can do that no matter how broke he is ....at worst he will celebrate at home with his spouse with garri cake and kuli kuli candy grin grin
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Sike(m): 1:34am On Feb 12, 2013
[size=15]LaiLai![/size] It's either she takes me as i am or watch me as i Fly.
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Nobody: 1:40am On Feb 12, 2013

Poverty no good o. Break up with girl because of Valentine expenses? Chei, Naija girls don suffer.

8th to comment; glory be to Obatala in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by BabaEleko(m): 1:43am On Feb 12, 2013
God punish whoever started this Valentine wahala. It's soooo ridiculous how single guys suddenly transform into some sort of eediot slash Zombie whenever feb 14 is around the corner. SMH. If I ain't engage to a bitch I ain't splashing a dime on her. Hoes gonn be hoes, after Feb 14. It's about time single guys brain up for ffccukk sake. Fccuukk outta here with that bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Nobody: 1:49am On Feb 12, 2013
Has poverty hit u that hard that u can't even afford to buy damn candles and roses and make dinner for 2 in or outdoors at ur house undecided
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Nobody: 1:51am On Feb 12, 2013
fittty: Na wah oh! Is Valentines day going to be a public holiday? Why are there so many valentine topics on the front page? . Seun why are your moderators this childish? undecided. Are we secondary school students? sadThere are other informative topics in different sections here on Nairaland that needs to hit the front page not this constant annoying valentine talks... angry Mtschewwww!!!! *smdh* angry
its the romance section...what did u expect to find? Stories about serial killers and boko horam angry

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by 80million1: 2:00am On Feb 12, 2013
omo_to_dun:

Poverty no good o. Break up with girl because of Valentine expenses? Chei, Naija girls don suffer.

8th to comment; glory be to Obatala in Jesus name.

If this is supposed to be funny, then u need to try harder?
U said so much, yet u said NOTHING!
#No Offence#
By the Way, have u heard that BANCE is my AFCON Player of the Tournament?

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by sirwealth(m): 2:05am On Feb 12, 2013
Baba_Eleko: God punish whoever started this Valentine wahala. It's soooo ridiculous how single guys suddenly transform into some sort of eediot slash Zombie whenever feb 14 is around the corner. SMH. If I ain't engage to a bitch I ain't splashing a dime on her. Hoes gonn be hoes, after Feb 14. It's about time single guys brain up for ffccukk sake. Fccuukk outta here with that bullshit.
if this guy is actually a fool like this comment grin[quote

2 Likes

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Nobody: 2:06am On Feb 12, 2013
#80million:

If this is supposed to be funny, then u need to try harder?
U said so much, yet u said NOTHING!

Thank you for your criticism.
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Dfrenzy(m): 2:20am On Feb 12, 2013
It will be very childish to even think of it. I mean, if you n your partner are mature, you guys will even overlook all this valentine jamboree n focus on the essence, which is simply about, a reflection of true love to those arround you n close to you.
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Yvete(f): 2:32am On Feb 12, 2013
How CHEAP can one be to leave because of valentine expenses? Stuff like this happens when people try to live above their means.

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by dinggle: 2:33am On Feb 12, 2013
Why would I dump my partner for Val? it is not just childish but also silly!....if there ain't no money for Val I will tell her pointblank! besides who the hell says the man should be responsible for Vals expenses.....either party can depending on the situation on ground. We need to upgrade the way we reason with regard to women, they ain't longer under-dogs, a lot of women are sole providers in their relationship or homes.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by yoyothefirst(f): 2:49am On Feb 12, 2013
I dnt see any reason for true lovers to break up just because of valentine it does not worth it[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by 2legit2qwt: 2:59am On Feb 12, 2013
Not for the expenses but I've broken up with girlfriends twice on valentine's day shocked

Valentine's day for me = Nightmare embarassed
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Nobody: 3:00am On Feb 12, 2013
2legit2qwt: Not for the expenses but I've broken up twice on valentine's day shocked

Valentine's day for me = Nightmare embarassed
We'll make it a dream. 20 positions val night.

Don't worry bbae kiss kiss
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by 2legit2qwt: 3:04am On Feb 12, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

We'll make it a dream. 20 positions val night.

Don't worry bbae kiss kiss

Elevator things grin
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Nobody: 3:06am On Feb 12, 2013
Nope. Butterfly things grin
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Nobody: 3:12am On Feb 12, 2013
Why would you dump a partner to avoid Valentine expenses?

Firstly, it isn't a must that you have to buy something for a partner on Vals day.... You can on his/her birthday, or on any special occasion....

Secondly, with genuine partners, everyday is their Valentine's day.....

Thirdly, the essence of Valentine's day is purely for profits and materialism... Companies selling roses, cards, wines, perfs, etc will be making a fortune this season....

Fourthly, why should you follow the crowd just to impress? Whenever you think you always have to impress a partner, it means you in a wrong relationship... A healthy relationship is all about being yourself, living within your means and being free....

Fifthly, material things never stop a partner from leaving you, they only delay the inevitable.....

In summary, don't dump a partner because of vals day if you genuinely love him/her..... They understand the situation, and they know there is always next time,,, smiley smiley

4 Likes

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by 2legit2qwt: 3:14am On Feb 12, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
Nope. Butterfly things grin
Go and study bad girl cheesy

Breaking up with a girl just because of a one day event (nonevent) is childish
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by tyson99(m): 3:40am On Feb 12, 2013
I don't know what's so special about valentine's day
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by greatgod2012(f): 3:48am On Feb 12, 2013
Val! Val! Val!

Hopefully, some pple' life will be spoilt that day!
Smh in advance!

Too much noise on val.
After val, be expecting another spring of threads on heartbreak from their partners. Hhhhmmmm, kids in action.

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Nobody: 4:10am On Feb 12, 2013
2legit2qwt:
Go and study bad girl cheesy

Breaking up with a girl just because of a one day event (nonevent) is childish

I'm done tongue
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Nobody: 4:15am On Feb 12, 2013
Girl: hey what are getting for me at valentine?

Boy: haven't I told that whenever you want to talk to me,start with capital letter.
So you are dis-respecting me?

The relationship is over.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by manosteel(m): 4:40am On Feb 12, 2013
If that is the only way out, why not.
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Nobody: 4:42am On Feb 12, 2013
Nigerian men are just very uncultured.

God forbid bad thing!! Who dates these creatures? tongue
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by 2legit2qwt: 4:43am On Feb 12, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
Nigerian men are just very uncultured.

God forbid bad thing!! Who dates these creatures? tongue

Ileke angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Caught My Girlfriend Using Cucumber In The Bathroom Pls (advice) / 20 Amazing Facts Guys Must Know About Ladies / Show Me A Lady Without Belly Fat And I Tell You This (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.