Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? (6827 Views)

Would You Dump Your Boyfriend If He Is Married To Someone Just For Papers? / Would You Dump Your Sweety If They Got Fat? / How Do You Feel After You Dump Someone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Nobody: 4:47am On Feb 12, 2013
Don't make me write your name angry angry
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by 2legit2qwt: 4:51am On Feb 12, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
Don't make me write your name angry angry
grin grin
I swear i miss your trouble smiley
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Liberal2020: 4:52am On Feb 12, 2013
Yvete: How CHEAP can one be to leave because of valentine expenses? Stuff like this happens when people try to live above their means.

Nigerian women are the reason why Nigerian men live above their means. You women should start accepting guys who live within their means. 90% of Nigerian women, all they care is your package. Will never spend a dime on fake Nigerian women. Got a beautiful black woman from the Caribbean and will be showering her with flowers this Valentine...she is worth it but not Nigerian women. VERY STU$PID THINGS OUT THERE THAT CALLED THEMSELVES WOMEN.
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Nobody: 4:56am On Feb 12, 2013
2legit2qwt:
grin grin
I swear i miss your trouble smiley

lol come here to mama smiley
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by nlofficial(m): 5:00am On Feb 12, 2013
Well, I don't think I can do that, I just feel the whole Val thing is over-hyped and taken out of proportion. From asking for unnecessary, expensive and exorbitant gifts.
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Tinyemeka(m): 5:23am On Feb 12, 2013
Yomieluv: Girl: hey what are getting for me at valentine?

Boy: haven't I told that whenever you want to talk to me,start with capital letter.
So you are dis-respecting me?

The relationship is over.

grin grin

But when the Konji takes over, what follows next?
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Nobody: 5:31am On Feb 12, 2013
People're making a big deal out of Valentine's day, haba! The day isn't about spending, but showing someone you love him/her and you don't need to throw big bucks to do that!

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Tinyemeka(m): 5:33am On Feb 12, 2013
IZUKWU: This val ,am as single as 1. What my last r/ship taught is to be true to myself and not cheat myself to make another happy.for now am not ready for ephemeral relationship. For now i want someone who will share more than my bed but my heart and burdens and pains and trials and fears . So if there is nothing ,i will tell her and she can't stay and abide with me. Fine , its our loss.. Am ready to bear it.

Chiefo! Believe me I shared similar sentiments all through my years of existence on this planet. I hardly have the time for all these boyfriend-gyalfriend things. If I don't see what I wanted in her, I'm not doing.

This actually happens to be my first real Val in 27 yrs. smiley

Stay strong. You'll get to meet your true person.
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Tinyemeka(m): 5:34am On Feb 12, 2013
Yield: People're making a big deal out of Valentine's day, haba! The day isn't about spending, but showing someone you love him/her and you don't need to throw big bucks to do that!

Other days nko? No love then?
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Nobody: 5:36am On Feb 12, 2013
Tinyemeka:

Other days nko? No love then?

Of course.
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Tinyemeka(m): 5:40am On Feb 12, 2013
Blood of Nama!!!!

Did the topic hit FP?!! shocked grin

Parry @ ma crib. Thursday. 2am. cool
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Tinyemeka(m): 5:47am On Feb 12, 2013
@ Yield, Pls do not complain when you hear guys cry foul over these Val thingys. Yes Val was meant to be the time of sharing and showing love. Maybe extra-special love to your partner. But some people have capitalized on it to turn their guys into mugus.

I even think it is the best time to test the true worth of her love.
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by chikeorji123(m): 5:50am On Feb 12, 2013
Pls this val thing what does it mean?..just hearing it for the first time..
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by bigtt76(f): 6:00am On Feb 12, 2013
Everyday is Valentine! If you waiting for 14th February each year just to show love.... then there's something wrong with your relationship.
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by fittty(m): 6:37am On Feb 12, 2013
mondi_cheeks: its the romance section...what did u expect to find? Stories about serial killers and boko horam angry

its the front page kid angry
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by GentleNaaz(m): 6:59am On Feb 12, 2013
I forwardd a letter 2 her ystrday, requestn 4 2 weeks suspension 4m her. She refused 2 grant it. She said after ds sunday, we cn embark on indefinit suspension.
But i tink, am gonna do sumtn 2 annoy her 2day
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by denzel2009: 7:06am On Feb 12, 2013
Yes. dem no dey collect hibiscus flower, you give them wreaths dem no go collect...na so so BB 10. And na only boxers dem dey give back!

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by kalunomics(m): 7:06am On Feb 12, 2013
Tinyemeka:

Chiefo! Believe me I shared similar sentiments all through my years of existence on this planet. I hardly have the time for all these boyfriend-gyalfriend things. If I don't see what I wanted in her, I'm not doing.

This actually happens to be my first real Val in 27 yrs. smiley

Stay strong. You'll get to meet your true person.

are u in mars now?
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by olumaxi(m): 7:11am On Feb 12, 2013
I jst wooed a gal lastwk thursday..so my thought was she ll buy somtym b4 given me a positive answer..but to my uttermost dismay..she said YES on sunday..but i avnt been calln ha since then o o..no b my fault,na valentine
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by CHRISKY: 7:15am On Feb 12, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Real men (like myself) don't shy away from their responsibilities. Especially a small one like taking your girl out for val or on any other day.
If there's little or no cashflow, let your girl know. Don't fake a quarell & leave the poor girl for some weeks. Another man is may be around to grab her.
Real man indeed!!!
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by CHRISKY: 7:18am On Feb 12, 2013
omo_to_dun:

Poverty no good o. Break up with girl because of Valentine expenses? Chei, Naija girls don suffer.

8th to comment; glory be to Obatala in Jesus name.
Seth deliberating.
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by toskut(m): 7:21am On Feb 12, 2013
Not at all, we should all be used to the fact that most girls either spend little or don't spend at all on valentines day. Its basically a girl's second birthday
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Tinyemeka(m): 7:21am On Feb 12, 2013
kalunomics: are u in mars now?

Nah! Boring place. Returned from there just two weeks ago.
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by born2boink(m): 7:31am On Feb 12, 2013
I don't have anything to offer in valentine anymore, not even a pencil or card, I have once been a fool and I will never remain a fool. If I have anything to give, I have no special day for that.... I won't dump anyone but if anyone dump me for gift item, I will wave goodluck to her
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by khiaa(f): 7:52am On Feb 12, 2013
It's not only nigerian men who break up with their women on Valentines Day, some american men do this also.
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Emmasabbath(m): 8:01am On Feb 12, 2013
lol it will take only a broke butt mofo to do such a thing.... i dont even think any guy can do that no matter how broke he is ....at worst he will celebrate at home with his spouse with garri cake and kuli kuli candy
........ Valentine day Valentine day valentine day.... What about JUDGEMENT DAYlol it will take only a broke butt mofo to do such a thing.... i dont even think any guy can do that no matter how broke he is ....at worst he will celebrate at home with his spouse with garri cake and kuli kuli candy
........ Valentine day Valentine day valentine day.... What about JUDGEMENT DAY
lol it will take only a broke butt mofo to do such a thing.... i dont even think any guy can do that no matter how broke he is ....at worst he will celebrate at home with his spouse with garri cake and kuli kuli candy
........ Valentine day Valentine day valentine day.... What about JUDGEMENT DAY

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by Fathai(m): 8:11am On Feb 12, 2013
No more garri tinz on NL lolzz...i dey feel those guys of that time....i dont no y seun and his mods ban them self............but...BANCE tinz on point cha.
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by ELgordo(m): 8:13am On Feb 12, 2013
Hmmmmmmm! Valentine Freaks!!! WTF! Enuf with this valentine thread Plz stop it!
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by stonebosch: 8:16am On Feb 12, 2013
*speechless*
BANCE...
my player of the Tournament, AFCON 2013!
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by sammmiey1: 8:22am On Feb 12, 2013
obo_man: Why would you dump a partner to avoid Valentine expenses?

Firstly, it isn't a must that you have to buy something for a partner on Vals day.... You can on his/her birthday, or on any special occasion....

Secondly, with genuine partners, everyday is their Valentine's day.....

Thirdly, the essence of Valentine's day is purely for profits and materialism... Companies selling roses, cards, wines, perfs, etc will be making a fortune this season....

Fourthly, why should you follow the crowd just to impress? Whenever you think you always have to impress a partner, it means you in a wrong relationship... A healthy relationship is all about being yourself, living within your means and being free....

Fifthly, material things never stop a partner from leaving you, they only delay the inevitable.....

In summary, don't dump a partner because of vals day if you genuinely love him/her..... They understand the situation, and they know there is always next time,,, smiley smiley
so rational..but d problem is val is 14,wile my galfriends birthday is 16 juz a day interval&cash is nt forthcoming at d moment.Confused
Re: Would You Dump Your Partner To Avoid Valentine Expenses? by sammmiey1: 8:24am On Feb 12, 2013
stonebosch: *speechless*
BANCE...
my player of the Tournament, AFCON 2013!
Will you pls stop this juvenile attitude 4cry out loud?stone head

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Must Read: PLEASE DADDY, PLEEEASE … (18 + ) / Most Humorous Nairalanders / Ladies, Are Older Men Much Better In Relationships Than Younger Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.