Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,767 members, 7,802,347 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

How APGA Joined APC, By ACN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How APGA Joined APC, By ACN (943 Views)

Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati / Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People / Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by theshadyexpress(m): 6:37am On Feb 12, 2013
ECHOING fairness and justice, the
Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has
clarified the situation under which APGA
was included in the membership of the
All Progressive Congress (APC), saying it was an
act of good faith based on available information
and prevailing circumstances, rather than a
deliberate act to mislead Nigerians or railroad
APGA into the merger.
Meanwhile, the Conference of Nigerian Political
Parties (CNPP) has called on opposition parties
in the country to join forces with the APC.
In the same vein, a member of the House of
Representatives representing Owan Federal
Constituency in Edo State, Pally Iriase, at the
weekend said APC was a solution to Nigeria’s
political problems.
He, however, cautioned that what would make
the party attractive was if it is able to entrench
internal democracy, which he admitted was
lacking in most political parties in the county
today.
Reacting to APGA’s published disclaimer of the
APC, ACN’s National Publicity Secretary, Lai
Mohammed, said in a statement issued in Abuja
Sunday that the new party has absolute respect
for the rights of individuals or groups on
whether or not to associate within a democracy.
Explaining how APGA was included in the list of
parties that consummated the merger, it said:
‘’We recognise the person and status of
Governor Rochas Okorocha, who as Imo State
Governor has been a great player and figure in
Nigerian political landscape, as well as Senator
Annie Okonkwo, a seasoned politician and
respectable lawmaker.
‘’We believe in their representation that APGA is
interested in the merger; hence we worked with
them in good faith. They participated effectively
and positively in the meeting of all governors of
the parties concerned and in the meetings of
the merger committees of the parties, leading. to
the statement released by all the governors
endorsing the merger and the one by the
merger committees announcing the formation of
the APC.’’
www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=10686
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by luvinhubby(m): 6:55am On Feb 12, 2013
So Rochas Okorocha & Annie Okonkwo has become the national leadership of APGA?
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by PointB: 7:02am On Feb 12, 2013
Rochas joined APC on his own volition, and I certainly cannot hold it against him. But it will do AC.N or APC (whatever their name is these days) some good to stop peddling lies about APGA joining them. Lai should stop lying, merging involves parties not individuals. APGA is not part of the merger (yet), Rochas is.

I think AC.N should be able to make this important distinction by now rather than keeping up with this discredited lie that APGA is part of the merger. Are they that desperate?
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by Alxmyr(m): 7:07am On Feb 12, 2013
When you join APC you are saint. Even Annie Okonkwo is portrayed as seasoned politician.
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by theshadyexpress(m): 7:31am On Feb 12, 2013
If it were to be pdp that said this this bunch of mischief makers will have opened their mouths to say that the pdp did it in desper ation and did it without recourse to due process and that this singular was a deliberate attempt to cause confusion in the party.can someone tell me when rochas and Annie okonkwo became the only members of the nwc of apga and when Annie okonkwo became s seasoned politician.lie moh'd enough of ur gibberish I now know sufficiently that u and ur new party are only begging for recognition and driven by the greed for power.you are only sourcing to recruit strongmen into the party at all cost and not credible personalities.....my people be wise
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by slimghost(m): 7:44am On Feb 12, 2013
Where is DemDem or whatever he is called? Have u heard ACN now?
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by Maxymilliano(m): 7:54am On Feb 12, 2013
Alxmyr: When you join APC you are saint. Even Annie Okonkwo is portrayed as seasoned politician.

Very funny!
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by superior1: 7:59am On Feb 12, 2013
PointB: Rochas joined APC on his own volition, and I certainly cannot hold it against him. But it will do AC.N or APC (whatever their name is these days) some good to stop peddling lies about APGA joining them. Lai should stop lying, merging involves parties not individuals. APGA is not part of the merger (yet), Rochas is.

I think AC.N should be able to make this important distinction by now rather than keeping up with this discredited lie that APGA is part of the merger. Are they that desperate?

And this same you will ask that APC should file an Igbo presidency candidate, continue fooling yourself

https://www.nairaland.com/1191438/ohanaeze-apc-field-igbo-presidential/2#14254762
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by patimore: 8:16am On Feb 12, 2013
Like APGA is one relevant party. Waiting to see how the party continue to exist after Obi's tenure expires.
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by PointB: 8:35am On Feb 12, 2013
superior1:

And this same you will ask that APC should file an Igbo presidency candidate, continue fooling yourself

https://www.nairaland.com/1191438/ohanaeze-apc-field-igbo-presidential/2#14254762

And why not. Aint there other credible Igbo men in APC? Is Ngige not there? And has Rochas not join them? Can't they pick any of them?

If the want APGA to join them, why can't they do things properly? Must they behave like thugs, liars, and rogues to achieve a merger.
Really these ACP guys must be deluded to think Igbo vote for parties. Present a credible Igbo candidate and see whether parties matter to us or not. But APGA need not join the merger by crook or crane!
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by superior1: 8:44am On Feb 12, 2013
PointB:

And why not. Aint there other credible Igbo men in APC? Is Ngige not there? And has Rochas not join them? Can't they pick any of them?

If the want APGA to join them, why can't they do things properly? Must they behave like thugs, liars, and rogues to achieve a merger.
Really these ACP guys must be deluded to think Igbo vote for parties. Present a credible Igbo candidate and see whether parties matter to us or not. But APGA need not join the merger by crook or crane!

I hear you, believing to reap where and when you haven't sow is robbery. Let APC file candidate from any ethnicity they want, afterall we all know Igbos are still in hot romance with Jonathan AZIKWE who will likely give power to them in 2019, abi?, like i said earlier, i don hear you.The liar is Rochas who entered negotiations with them on behalf of APGA without a nod from his party

1 Like

Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by gunuvi(m): 8:56am On Feb 12, 2013
When will "Lie" Mohammed stop lying? Anyone who joins APC is a seasoned politician with no blemish. I dey laugh ooo
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 12, 2013
APGA should take APC to court to diffuse all the fusion.

As for Rochas, he would soon wake up from his utopia of political gargantuan figure.
It seems he does not know the Igbo race from which he comes from.
He has shot himself on the foot.

I shade no tears!!
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by 9jaIhail(m): 9:46am On Feb 12, 2013
Now everyone have seen what i was trying to make clear on the other thread. You can't drag APGA name into APC whereas there was no fomrer agreement or negotiation. Rochas can join them if he pleases, but he shouldn't expect Igbos to back him if they failed to pick him as their presidential candidate.
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by jaso1(m): 11:14am On Feb 12, 2013
Some people seem to not know what make a good leadership. We have to remove ethnicity for quality. however, the process of emergin candidate must be thorough. Money and influencial should not be a yardstic at a detriment of quality. The person can still come from same region with serving president, or any region in Nigeria. therefore, what should be taken most important is the quality in aspect of intergrity, accountability and effectivenes to be back upon by anticident of such quality in every sphere such pottential candidates has effectively managed in the past.
Okorocha, is not going there to emerge at all cost a president of the country but a solution to poorly, curruptionaly and mismanagemnt of Nigeria nation. get that clear!
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by PointB: 1:41pm On Feb 12, 2013
jas_o: Some people seem to not know what make a good leadership. We have to remove ethnicity for quality. however, the process of emergin candidate must be thorough. Money and influencial should not be a yardstic at a detriment of quality. The person can still come from same region with serving president, or any region in Nigeria. therefore, what should be taken most important is the quality in aspect of intergrity, accountability and effectivenes to be back upon by anticident of such quality in every sphere such pottential candidates has effectively managed in the past.
Okorocha, is not going there to emerge at all cost a president of the country but a solution to poorly, curruptionaly and mismanagemnt of Nigeria nation. get that clear!

Leadership qualities can be find in large dose in every ethnic group. What we are saying is find a good leader among the Igbo members of APC and nominate such person as president. If you cannot find a good Igbo in APC, then ostracize all of them and declare it publicly. But pretending that good leaders can only be found among hausa and Yorubas only is complete BS.

So we say congrats to Rochas for joining APC, but he should know that if he fails to get the nod of his new party as the presidential flag bearer, then he should consider himself on his own. I don't know how the VP slot will work for him anyway. One more thing, he cannot drag APGA along with him, he should decamp!
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by PointB: 1:41pm On Feb 12, 2013
jas_o: Some people seem to not know what make a good leadership. We have to remove ethnicity for quality. however, the process of emergin candidate must be thorough. Money and influencial should not be a yardstic at a detriment of quality. The person can still come from same region with serving president, or any region in Nigeria. therefore, what should be taken most important is the quality in aspect of intergrity, accountability and effectivenes to be back upon by anticident of such quality in every sphere such pottential candidates has effectively managed in the past.

Leadership qualities can be find in large dose in every ethnic group. What we are saying is find a good leader among the Igbo members of APC and nominate such person as president. If you cannot find a good Igbo in APC, then ostracize all of them and declare it publicly. But pretending that good leaders can only be found among hausa and Yorubas only is complete BS.

So we say congrats to Rochas for joining APC, but he should know that if he fails to get the nod of his new party as the presidential flag bearer, then he should consider himself on his own. I don't know how the VP slot will work for him anyway. One more thing, he cannot drag APGA along with him, he should decamp!
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by gramci: 2:10pm On Feb 12, 2013
Alxmyr: When you join APC you are saint. Even Annie Okonkwo is portrayed as seasoned politician.

Yes o grin, I learnt that as soon you join APC your sins are washed away and automatically bestowed a saint gringrin. I await the likes of Anenih, Bankole, Chris Uba, to go through this transformation gringrin

1 Like

Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by jaso1(m): 2:10pm On Feb 12, 2013
Youre still leaving in the past!
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by Biafrazionist(m): 4:32pm On Feb 12, 2013
i will never vote for APC not even in my dream world!
Chris Ngige shal lost my vote in Anambra 2014 if he ever contest under APC
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by drnoel: 6:56pm On Feb 12, 2013
luvinhubby: So Rochas Okorocha & Annie Okonkwo has become the national leadership of APGA?
Can only happen in Nigeria
Re: How APGA Joined APC, By ACN by dayokanu(m): 8:08pm On Feb 12, 2013
Is APGA not already in bed with PDP and retardeen?

(1) (Reply)

Sambo Heads Jonathan's Re-election Team / NLC Fixes April 10th For Nationwide Protest / Jonathan’s Borno Visit: The Surface-To-Air Plot That Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.