Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,888 members, 7,806,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? (2194 Views)

What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? / What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things / In Whose Name Do Atheist Swear In Court? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? by godman01(m): 9:27pm On Feb 12, 2013
Since we know they don't believe in God, do they also not believe that satan exists? Just curious!
Re: Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? by codeaddict(m): 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2013
Atheists don't believe in the metaphysical world!
Re: Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? by Neddivine: 9:53pm On Feb 12, 2013
Let it be clear that what we have are mostly demons,satanists,occultists that sacrifice and drink human blood (including babies) masquerading and presenting themselves as ATHEISTS on nairaland.
ATHEISTS = SATANISTS. QED
Re: Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? by Rossikk(m): 10:07pm On Feb 12, 2013
Neddivine: Let it be clear that what we have are mostly demons,satanists,occultists that sacrifice and drink human blood (including babies) masquerading and presenting themselves as ATHEISTS on nairaland.
ATHEISTS = SATANISTS. QED

You're a thoughtless fool.

Why don't you go online and educate yourself on atheism instead of displaying your illiteracy here?

I hope you realize you come across as just as stup.id to them with your beliefs in flying angels, demons, miracle-working flying saviours, and virgin mothers.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? by Rossikk(m): 10:09pm On Feb 12, 2013
godman01: Since we know they don't believe in God, do they also not believe that satan exists? Just curious!

No, they do not believe in the existence of satan.
Re: Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? by ohisola(f): 10:59pm On Feb 12, 2013
Rosikk r u 1?
Re: Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 12, 2013
ohisola: Rosikk r u 1?

I believe there is a central intelligence or Source responsible for all life. I don't think ''God'' is the appropriate term to describe this Intelligence. The term 'God' is fraught with all sorts of man-made, religious baggage that do not necessarily lend themselves to an adequate definition and appreciation of this Intelligence. I do not believe the bible, koran, or any man-made texts or belief systems have had any direct interaction with this Intelligence.
Re: Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? by godman01(m): 8:03am On Feb 13, 2013
ROSSIKE:

I believe there is a central intelligence or Source responsible for all life. I don't think ''God'' is the appropriate term to describe this Intelligence. The term 'God' is fraught with all sorts of man-made, religious baggage that do not necessarily lend themselves to an adequate definition and appreciation of this Intelligence. I do not believe the bible, koran, or any man-made texts or belief systems have had any direct interaction with this Intelligence.

The bible is not man-made, it's a book inspired by the Holy Spirt-the Central Intelligence!
Re: Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? by Neddivine: 8:24am On Feb 13, 2013
Neddivine:9:53pmOnFeb 12Let it be clear that what we have are mostlydemons,satanists,occultists that sacrifice and drink human blood (including babies) masquerading and presenting themselves as ATHEISTS on nairaland.ATHEISTS = SATANISTS. QED
Re: Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? by Neddivine: 8:25am On Feb 13, 2013
Neddivine:Let it be clear that what we have are mostlydemons,satanists,occultists that sacrifice and drink human blood (including babies) masquerading and presenting themselves as ATHEISTS on nairaland.ATHEISTS = SATANISTS. QED
Re: Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? by scarred: 4:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
This is a silly question...
Re: Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
godman01:
The bible is not man-made, it's a book inspired by the Holy Spirt-the Central Intelligence!
Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? by godman01(m): 11:15pm On Feb 13, 2013
ROSSIKE: Keep deceiving yourself.
You think so, we will find out soon!
Re: Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? by onetrack(m): 8:24am On Feb 14, 2013
We do not believe in the existence of Satan.
Re: Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? by godman01(m): 8:39am On Feb 14, 2013
onetrack: We do not believe in the existence of Satan.
So can u explain what is the cause of all bad things happening on earth.
Re: Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? by Heatblast(m): 10:34am On Feb 14, 2013
godman01:
So can u explain what is the cause of all bad things happening on earth.

So you think a 'devil' is the cause
The main cause of 'evil' has to do with mother nature's instinct of survial hardwired into every living thing. Some include;
Rule 1: survive at all cost.(Doesn't matter how you do it. Just survive)
Rule 2: become the dominant one of your kind(Doesn't matter how you do it. Just dominate).
Evil and good are just human definitions/rules to stabilize a society.

You can carry out an experiment to prove this:
get two ants of different queens(preferably fire ants) put them in a container. And watch them rip each other to bits and pieces

Question: Do you call that evil too. Considering the fact that they are of the same kind but from different mothers?(Similar to tribalistic wars)

There was also a documentary I watched sometime on natgeo wild. It was on a pride of lions trying to feast on the alpha male of a buffalo herd. The lions had already injured the bull, And the rest of the herd were trying to protect the bull, suddenly another bull from the herd(probably a rival male) came and knocked out the injured bull for the lions to feast(just because it would become the new alpha male with the death of the current injured bull).
Question: Do you blame the devil for the 'evil'(greed,murder,jealosy) carried out by the other bull?

You could also observe chicks of birds of prey(eg eagle). If a mother gives birth to two chicks, one would likely kill the other.

Question: Do you blame the devil for the 'evil' carried out by the surviving chick?

You could also observe twins in a mothers womb. They compete for everything, and in some cases(very few cases) one ends up killing the other.

My point: Evil and Good are man made concepts. Just like the devil is.

Its just my opinion tho, if you can factually convince me other wise. Well I'm all ears.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? by godman01(m): 9:13pm On Feb 14, 2013
Heatblast:

So you think a 'devil' is the cause
The main cause of 'evil' has to do with mother nature's instinct of survial hardwired into every living thing. Some include;
Rule 1: survive at all cost.(Doesn't matter how you do it. Just survive)
Rule 2: become the dominant one of your kind(Doesn't matter how you do it. Just dominate).
Evil and good are just human definitions/rules to stabilize a society.

You can carry out an experiment to prove this:
get two ants of different queens(preferably fire ants) put them in a container. And watch them rip each other to bits and pieces

Question: Do you call that evil too. Considering the fact that they are of the same kind but from different mothers?(Similar to tribalistic wars)

There was also a documentary I watched sometime on natgeo wild. It was on a pride of lions trying to feast on the alpha male of a buffalo herd. The lions had already injured the bull, And the rest of the herd were trying to protect the bull, suddenly another bull from the herd(probably a rival male) came and knocked out the injured bull for the lions to feast(just because it would become the new alpha male with the death of the current injured bull).
Question: Do you blame the devil for the 'evil'(greed,murder,jealosy) carried out by the other bull?

You could also observe chicks of birds of prey(eg eagle). If a mother gives birth to two chicks, one would likely kill the other.

Question: Do you blame the devil for the 'evil' carried out by the surviving chick?

You could also observe twins in a mothers womb. They compete for everything, and in some cases(very few cases) one ends up killing the other.

My point: Evil and Good are man made concepts. Just like the devil is.

Its just my opinion tho, if you can factually convince me other wise. Well I'm all ears.
The truth is in the beginning it was not so and someone (devil) came deceived some people and that totally changed the course of the world to tend toward both the evil and good. But God never created it so. Even after creating each of them, He will say "they are good".

(1) (Reply)

The Glory Of Adam Before The Fall / PMCH 2018. Command The Year 2018. Mountain Of Fire & Miracles Ministries January / Homosexuality, the greatest joy of Satan and the demons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.