Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,998 members, 7,806,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Things Corpers Should Do After POP. - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Things Corpers Should Do After POP. (23244 Views)

PHOTOS: See The Hair Cut This NYSC Member Rocked To His POP / Going Back To My Parent's After POP / What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 13, 2013
I support NO.3. Moving to big cities keeps ones dream alive and reinforces ones desire for a better tommorrow. It is said you know how big a fish you are until you find yourself swimming in a bigger water. Small cities and villages are dream killers. I recall afetr our service in Abuja some guys felt they cant cope and left to their states and other smaller cities hoping to survive. Till tommorrow majority of them are just managing one thing or the other while few has nothing doing presently(i communicate with them). The few of us left here held on and are challenged on a daily basis when we see our mates doing well and I tell you it paid off.
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by Herbiorlah(f): 6:10pm On Feb 13, 2013
donez: Wat is POP, CDS and LI?
POP -Passing Out Parade, CDS -Community Development Service, LI -Local govt Inspector.

1 Like

Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by 5much(m): 6:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
nice observations
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by cyril83(m): 6:13pm On Feb 13, 2013
rodeo0070:
Grade is in the mind, my friend. If you are sure of yourself and believe in God, IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING, I TELL YOU.
I've seen people with 3rd class doing well and good. Some are employed while some are into business (doing fine).
Improve and add value to yourself, in the academics or in vocational skills. Everyone is gifted, but most of us don't know.
Look inwards and believe in yourself.
Don't be carried away by the "Crowd mentality." You can do it...
definately ur still an undergraduate, you call better grade crowd mentality in nigeria? You defo dnt know what ur saying
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by cyril83(m): 6:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
Ishsoph: I support NO.3. Moving to big cities keeps ones dream alive and reinforces ones desire for a better tommorrow. It is said you know how big a fish you are until you find yourself swimming in a bigger water. Small cities and villages are dream killers. I recall afetr our service in Abuja some guys felt they cant cope and left to their states and other smaller cities hoping to survive. Till tommorrow majority of them are just managing one thing or the other while few has nothing doing presently(i communicate with them). The few of us left here held on and are challenged on a daily basis when we see our mates doing well and I tell you it paid off.
after all these stories,I think you are able to secure any job in ur big city or ur still living by watching others grow all in the name of challenge and keep having false hope without you sitting down and think of what to do wit your life...happy watching and monitoring
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by Raphtop(m): 6:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
M M M: Find d nearest native doctor in ur villa 4 money ritual undecided
No time angry
correct.......no tym at al;>
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
I dont agree with the relocation thing. With Globalization everywhere - thru internet and GSM - You can be anywhere anytime.
Most importantly arm yourself with a good CV and cover letter.
Finally apply to at least Three (3) jobs a day. Good luck!!!
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 13, 2013
cyril83: after all these stories,I think you are able to secure any job in ur big city or ur still living by watching others grow all in the name of challenge and keep having false hope without you sitting down and think of what to do wit your life...happy watching and monitoring

Hey why are you hurting? What part of "it paid off" did you not understand or you are looking for one to go into word thread with? Sorry am too busy! And besides its my opinion and mine alone.
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by generaliy07(m): 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
No time angry
Am suing you for making me laugh in public!!#bhadt guy grin
No time angry
Am suing you for making me laugh in public!!#bhadt guy
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by Phikom(m): 6:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
donez: Wat is POP, CDS and LI?
passing out parade community development service local govt inspector
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by Phikom(m): 6:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
well said....
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by rodeo0070(m): 6:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
catholy: i like ur post, but i ve come to realise anoda issue in dis job search. Some companies consider height during interviews, even if u answer d interview questions well the interviewer wil find a way to dismis u frm d interview spot. Am talking out of experience though they didnt say there reasons bt frm the selection process u need no prophet to tel u their criteria for selection.
You mean physical height? As in Tallness? I don't get it...
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by Temi231(f): 6:50pm On Feb 13, 2013
Why are you so concern about lagos,abuja or PH @ OP as if you havre created a job for them. My fellow graduate please you don't need to travel to anywhere if you are not sure about what you are going to gain. When i graduated then, i went to lagos despite the fact that most of my people are there but untill i finish my allowance that's when i realised that i need to go home. My dear with God help and different connection and readings i got the best job. @ OP, graduate should not go and βε̲̣ roaming about in lagos, PH or abuja. There is a lot of cities where your talent is needed.
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by Phikom(m): 6:56pm On Feb 13, 2013
Temi 23: Why are you so concern about lagos,abuja or PH @ OP as if you havre created a job for them. My fellow graduate please you don't need to travel to anywhere if you are not sure about what you are going to gain. When i graduated then, i went to lagos despite the fact that most of my people are there but untill i finish my allowance that's when i realised that i need to go home. My dear with God help and different connection and readings i got the best job. @ OP, graduate should not go and βε̲̣ roaming about in lagos, PH or abuja. There is a lot of cities where your talent is needed.
exactly what i was about to say....with proper etiquette good manners and good sense of belonging in relating wiv pple...u wil be there....above all God is the principal head....
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by rodeo0070(m): 6:56pm On Feb 13, 2013
cyril83: definately ur still an undergraduate, you call better grade crowd mentality in nigeria? You defo dnt know what ur saying
Pls read the post well...
What I meant by Crowd mentality that he should not be carried away with the notion that someone can't make it once you have 3rd class.
You don't av to call me name before you make your point, you know...
FYI, I graduated over 5yrs ago...
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by rodeo0070(m): 7:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
CHIMSKY:

Forget o!Life has a way of smoothening things out in the long run.It is only when you freshly graduate that you think the class of degree you have is a big deal.In the long run it doesnt matter.The creative,scheming,sharp ,smart,hard working guys will rise to the top.I know guys wey get 2.1 for my set and they were so engrossed in their academic ability for years that they felt life owed them a living.
Several years down the road they now realize that achievement in life has nothing to do with your IQ.
My friend we are saying the same thing but in a different way...
Nice insight...
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by nenergy(m): 7:09pm On Feb 13, 2013
orazmacluv013: Men,for now Akwa Ibom state is also good for job seekers cos it can offer you a lot.right now am doing gud in the telecomm business I engaged myself into and am also passing out tmrrw.wish all my fellow corp members a happy POP
AkwaIbom ayaya! Land of potentialities smiley
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by chessguru1(m): 7:13pm On Feb 13, 2013
donez: pls be serious, i want 2 knw d meanin connectin 2 nysc
Alrighty then. It J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ some NYSC jargon we use.
POP: pass out parade
Cds: community development service
LI: local government inspector

There you have it cool
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by valicious1(m): 7:15pm On Feb 13, 2013
No time angry
Guy why u too de tok dese kain tins. nawao
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by Rufex07(m): 7:28pm On Feb 13, 2013
chess guru:
Plaster of paris, plenty Compact DISK, local i*diot grin grin
hahaha... u funny gannn:-) grin
chess guru:
Plaster of paris, plenty Compact DISK, local i*diot grin grin
hahaha... u funny gannn:-)
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by otokx(m): 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
nice
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by Roliks09: 7:44pm On Feb 13, 2013
Well, congratulations to corpers passing out 2mrw. I think the mentality we should try to adopt is that 'there is no job for us'. I believe that way, our creative side can be unleashed. We should try to learn sth that can be done with our hands - tailoring, hairdressing,catering,carpentry, plumbing, e.t.c. These could be very good sources of income, while waiting for the white collar jobs. In addition, we need to focus on Agriculture too. There's so much we could do in that field.Best of Luck.

1 Like

Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by rodeo0070(m): 7:56pm On Feb 13, 2013
Allow me to add this please.

Just be optimistic and keep applying.

Don't ignore any kind of "genuine" job adverts.

Don't be selective but don't go for trash...

Before completing your NYSC,what have you done to add value to yourself in terms of education and vocational skills.
Make sure you work on those areas especially and In particular vocational skills. Empower yourself with skills class/education won't teach you. While waiting to complete my NYSC back then, I gained experience repairing, servicing and maintenance (cleaning and refilling the gas) of AC units, Water dispensers and Refrigerator, eventhough I am a management student. Call it "not befitting" but at least I was not a liability to anyone for the next 1yr and few months after service till I got my current job.
My point is look inward, empower yourself, do what you have to do to be relevant to yourself and the society no
matter how small. In your quest for good job, learn new things and like I said, be optimistic...
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by catholy: 8:03pm On Feb 13, 2013
[quote author=rodeo0070]
You mean physical height? As in Tallness? I don't get it...[/quote
yeah exactly
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 13, 2013
rodeo0070:
Pls read the post well...
What I meant by Crowd mentality that he should not be carried away with the notion that someone can't make it once you have 3rd class.
You don't av to call me name before you make your point, you know...
FYI, I graduated over 5yrs ago...

Dont mind that dude. He may have gone to school but reading and comprehension eludes him obviously. That was how he attacked himself ealierm in my post.
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by rodeo0070(m): 8:17pm On Feb 13, 2013
[/quote]catholy[/quote]

@CATHOLY
Funny people are funny...
But seriously your height has nothing to do with what we are discussing except if you are going for a career in the Armed forces (Air force, Navy and Army) or paramilitary stuffs.
If I am allowed to assume, I'd say you've been a victim of a "Height discrimination"...LOL
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by jamesbridget13(f): 8:22pm On Feb 13, 2013
Am also passing out tomoro. I wld like 2 make it clear that most graduates dont knw what next after NYSC. U need 2 be focused n determined n with God u ll make it no matter ur city of residence. U can imagine some about to pass out corp members without a CV to call ur own till this minute am typing this text while some ve already started attending interviews. When i was applying for jobs online, i recount so many of them laughing n saying ''how many ve called u 4 interview?''. My fellow about to be pushed to d labour mkt tomoro graduates! plsssss be focused n put God first in everything that u do. Wish u all d best out there.

1 Like

Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by Desdola(m): 8:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
What of self employment. I think a wise man would not wait forever for the govt before he can be productive.
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by Liverpoolfc(m): 8:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
i hv done all except relocation. NETWORK, i am 247 on the internet, cv, i hv a gud one. I believe what one need is Grace to carry on.
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by komek(m): 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2013
OP, remember to tell them that soon some pple or even their fraudster friends will start calling them to say their is a contract in MOBIL or CHEVRON Portharcourt , that they will need them to do some supply or even to Start working with those organisations. All na wash ooo. They shud be very careful too. Congrats to them.
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by victorD3: 9:42pm On Feb 13, 2013
Series22: what of us wey graduate with 3rd class?

Tire your certificate
Re: Things Corpers Should Do After POP. by azpekuliar: 9:50pm On Feb 13, 2013
The OP ruined what would have been a beautiful post with point no. 2.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

17 ‘Fake’ Corpers Arrested At Kubwa In Abuja / NYSC Releases Call-up Letter For 2017 Batch A, Stream 2 / Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.