Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,819 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

American Spec And Regular Japanese Spec Of Honda And Toyota,which Is Better? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / American Spec And Regular Japanese Spec Of Honda And Toyota,which Is Better? (5062 Views)

Honda And Toyota Which One Is Cheap To Buy From Used Car Market In Canada / Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 / Pls Advice EOD (03/04 Honda) And Corolla (05/06 Model) Which Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Spec And Regular Japanese Spec Of Honda And Toyota,which Is Better? by KingSolomonI: 4:45pm On Feb 13, 2013
I just need to know which is better between the American specs of Honda and Toyota and the normal specs...which is better and i would be appreciative if you coild back it up with facts or clearly stated reasons... Thank you.

Anticipating your candid responses!
Re: American Spec And Regular Japanese Spec Of Honda And Toyota,which Is Better? by KingSolomonI: 5:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
the difference i found out so far is that the american specs have there headlamps permanently ON while the japanese regular spec conserves power...no lights on.
Re: American Spec And Regular Japanese Spec Of Honda And Toyota,which Is Better? by KingSolomonI: 8:52am On Feb 14, 2013
hello
Re: American Spec And Regular Japanese Spec Of Honda And Toyota,which Is Better? by kuntash: 2:58pm On Feb 14, 2013
King Solomon I: the difference i found out so far is that the american specs have there headlamps permanently ON while the japanese regular spec conserves power...no lights on.

not absolutely correct bro, those vehicles u see their lights on are designed like that to suite the environment they are to be used.. mainly in Canada and Alaska, because of the snowy conditions and almost poor visibility, I think its required by law or so, not too sure..

@ poster, common difference between amarican and japanese Honda or Toyota rides are.. Japanese= RHD, America= LHD,

on the exterior also, American spec camry - most popular (1997-2001 model) for example would always have no antennae protruding from the edge of then trunk, but u would find that in Japanese or european specs, also on the exhaust end, there is difference, the fog lights and bumpers are also different.. infact US specs have no fog lights...

there could also be more

1 Like

Re: American Spec And Regular Japanese Spec Of Honda And Toyota,which Is Better? by miccodb(m): 4:58pm On Feb 14, 2013
general diff is in accessories. no engine or baseline design diff. as our peepo go talk na jus effizy diff so none is really better than the other.

1 Like

Re: American Spec And Regular Japanese Spec Of Honda And Toyota,which Is Better? by KingSolomonI: 12:02pm On Feb 15, 2013
ok...thanks.
Re: American Spec And Regular Japanese Spec Of Honda And Toyota,which Is Better? by FlyboyZee: 9:56pm On Feb 15, 2013
American cars are more spacious in the interior, more rugged, stronger in terms of build quality, have bigger engines (preferably V6 & bigger engines), more safety conscious, heavier in terms of weight, more luxurious and upscale. They also have a lot of conveniences and effizy loke leather seats, alloyed or chromed rims, bigger rims, wide & flatlike (sportslike) tyres, etc, they are also usually posh bearing external trimmins like paddings, chromelines & handles, etc. Americans also prefer cars with automatic transmissions than manual. Top trim American models do usually come with sun/moon roof, fog lamps, heated/perforated leather seats, chrome door handles, etc (what we call full option in Naija).

While Japanese & European cars are more or less basic compared to their American specs. They are mostly come with manual transmission, fabric seats, compact body, smaller engines with higher fuel economy, steel wheels, plastic or body coloured door handles, etc. The Europeans & Japanese generally prefer anything that can just moved them around, thats why they have a lot of small cars like the Mini, Nissan Sunny, Nissan Almera, Suzuki Alto, Hyundai Accent, etc.

1 Like

Re: American Spec And Regular Japanese Spec Of Honda And Toyota,which Is Better? by plendil: 6:46pm On Feb 16, 2013
american specs ususally have thier speedometers in miles while Japansese uusually in kilometers

2 Likes

Re: American Spec And Regular Japanese Spec Of Honda And Toyota,which Is Better? by KingSolomonI: 2:48pm On Feb 18, 2013
interesting...

(1) (Reply)

Advice On Replacing My Mitsubishi Outlander Fuel Tank / Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda / I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.