Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Which Car Shows Do You Watch? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Car Shows Do You Watch? (1435 Views)

Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. / Which Car Has The Coolest Air Conditioning System? / Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by skyfall: 6:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
I watch the following

-Top Gear
-Top Gear US
-Fifth Gear
-One Car Too Far (only 1 season, a must-watch for off-road enthusiasts)

In Motosports
-Formula 1
-Moto GP
-World Rally Championships (WRC)
-Dakar Rally

On Youtube
-Motor Trend Channel
-Car & Driver Channel
-Mercedes Benz & BMW Channels

Let's know yours. I'm hoping to discover new shows.
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by Chynx(m): 6:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
Top Gear
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:20pm On Feb 13, 2013
Fifth Gear

Top Gear
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by edoyad(m): 7:00am On Feb 14, 2013
Top Gear with Richard Hammond, Jeremy and what's his name. I try to enjoy Top Gear USA but it doesn't just click for me.
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by pavitrabalse07: 7:53am On Feb 14, 2013
formula 1 and ajatak/headlines today car show (newly released car )
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by mikkyphp(m): 10:04am On Feb 14, 2013
-Top Gear
-Top Gear US - (occassionally but i really dont like it)
-Fifth Gear

In Motosports
-Formula 1 BBC/SKY HD version

On Youtube
-Mighty car mods
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by JW214: 6:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
edoyad: Top Gear with Richard Hammond, Jeremy and what's his name. I try to enjoy Top Gear USA but it doesn't just click for me.

Jame May....Top Gear is the bomb, spiced with some technical jokes from Top Gear team
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by mikkyphp(m): 7:54pm On Feb 14, 2013
JW214:

Jame May....Top Gear is the bomb, spiced with some technical jokes from Top Gear team
Hahah, you mean "Captain Sloooow"
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by skyfall: 9:03pm On Feb 14, 2013
LOL at Captain Slow. He's the funniest and most knowledgeable.

Richard Hammond is the smartest/wittiest while Jeremy Clarkson is the most entertaining.

You either love Top Gear US or hate it. But some episodes were very very entertaining. I love the episode where Tanner raced the Rally Fighter car against an airboat.
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by yungboss(m): 9:33pm On Feb 14, 2013
1. BBC Top gear
2. Driven
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by capsogiga(m): 8:39am On Feb 15, 2013
1. TOP GEAR
2. RPM

TOP GEAR USA IS BULLSHIT
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by yungboss(m): 10:32am On Feb 15, 2013
capsogiga:
1. TOP GEAR
2. RPM

TOP GEAR USA IS BULLSHIT
Top gear USA is under par, the show lacks vitality as compared to BBC Top gear, anchored by jeremy clarkson,Richard Hammond and James May.
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by yungboss(m): 10:35am On Feb 15, 2013
capsogiga:
1. TOP GEAR
2. RPM

TOP GEAR USA IS BULLSHIT
Top gear USA is under par, the show lacks vitality as compared to BBC Top gear, anchored by jeremy clarkson,Richard Hammond and James May.
Is RPM shown on DSTV? 'Driven' is based in the middle east, so it's not English, and that kills the Fun...
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by aasunmoh(m): 1:01pm On Feb 15, 2013
*Top gear
*Fifth gear
*Formula 1
*Moto Gp
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by GarbaAudu: 2:43pm On Feb 15, 2013
Top gear, top gear, & top gear!
That Jeremy Clarkson is a real sonofab*tch!
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by crispgg: 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2013
Top Gear
Top gear USA
Top gear Australia
If you have watched the Australian version, you will appreciate what the USA guys are doing. The Aussies are absolutely booooring.

Another show I like is Scrappers for cash on Nat Geo. Two teams buy old cars, break them up for parts and see who can make the highest profit selling them off.

Got me thinking that it could be a viable business for a smart Nigerian. Buy cheap/accidented vehicles whose parts are scarce here from europe, break them up and sell..
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by LordReed(m): 12:25pm On Feb 24, 2013
crispgg: @Lord-reed
I know our parts come from europe, but are you also aware that now adays more of these tokunbo parts come from locally used accidented, stolen and broken down vehicles.
Moreover, I was referring to cars that are not common on our roads and whose parts are particularly difficult to get from the open market. I know for instance that owners of such vehicles have to order them directly at great cost from europe or the US.

Those sorts of cars are too few for our enterprising brothers to tie up money in their parts. Besides it still salvaged cars that are broken for parts so it's not like the situation is much different.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by crispgg: 5:22pm On Feb 24, 2013
Watched Top Gear Season 19 episode 3 yesterday on BBC entertainment and got to learn the difference between understeer and oversteer Practically demonstrated by Jeremy Clarkson. Think I'm finally on the way to becoming a guru like Ikenna and Sienna eh?

1 Like

Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by mikkyphp(m): 7:44am On Feb 27, 2013
Haha, saw that episode too. But i've noticed that top gear isn't as educative as its earlier seasons. Now it is more of entertainment and less intrisic disectionof the monster in the hood
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by skyfall: 9:12pm On Aug 30, 2020
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:32am On Aug 31, 2020
Best car shows on the internet now:

Top Gear (Chris Harris)
Lovecars
Carfection
Savagegeese
Throttle House

A very good mix of entertainment and in-depth technical knowledge.
Re: Which Car Shows Do You Watch? by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2020
West coast custom
Dallas car shark
Ultimate car build-off

Just Any car show on discovery channel

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Plate Number / HELP NEEDED. How Bad Is The 2003/2004 Honda CRV? / This Golf4 Needed Ur Attention Pls........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.