Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. (3976 Views)

136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / This Post Is Sure Gonna Make You Angry. That's Your Problem!! / What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 13, 2013
The first time i'm making a post in islam for years
and i saw that on top the box.

To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.

if thats the case, then whats the point being here?

if there is no freedom of speech, what do i have to do here?
waste my time?
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by DeepSight(m): 9:32pm On Feb 13, 2013
diluminati: The first time i'm making a post in islam for years

waste my time?

Really, its sickening. Has anyone ever seen anything like - "To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Christianity" - ?
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2013
Deep Sight:

Really, its sickening. Has anyone ever seen anything like - "To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Christianity" - ?

Its darn stewpid. now i'm wasting my mb and i see that trash., it makes me go angry maybe seun thinks we as users are nothingness. create a level playing field for every one mr seun.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Seun(m): 10:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
The notice was proposed by Christian moderators to prevent Christians and Atheists from getting themselves banned when Muslim threads make the home page. I felt it was a fantastic idea and I implemented it as soon as I could. Now if you get banned in the Muslim section, you will have no one to blame but yourself. wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:53pm On Feb 13, 2013
^why dont you ban Maclatunji. once i posted a thread about circumstances invlolving the religious sacrifice of prophet muhammads father. the truth and scandal of it was attracting a lot of attention. but it did not contain anything vulgar, obscene or difrectly insulting islam. yet that rascally MOD banned the thread. it is unfair and cruel and does not help the progressive mind.

also why cant you create separate sections for Pagans, christains and atheists?

2 Likes

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by DeepSight(m): 11:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
Seun: The notice was proposed by Christian moderators to prevent Christians and Atheists from getting themselves banned when Muslim threads make the home page. I felt it was a fantastic idea and I implemented it as soon as I could. Now if you get banned in the Muslim section, you will have no one to blame but yourself. wink

I know why you thought it was a fantastic idea. Just like your permitting a separate Islamic section, you are deliberately using these methods to expose the high intolerance in Islam. Brilliant, actually.

2 Likes

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by PalmTree(m): 11:11pm On Feb 13, 2013
Dear Seun,
Good day to you, I want you to know that I am writing this short note devoid of my religious affiliation but as a concerned NLder. I wish to bring to your notice certain issues that concern the religion section as a whole.
I see that you are the brain behind this menace in the religion section. You are the one who has given Mac and co the go ahead to ban users for upwards of 10years! Honestly with what you just posted, it shows that you are quite satisfied with what the islamic mods are doing and so you are encouraging them to do more... What is the difference between a Mod who without any predefined set of punishment decides to slam an "offender" with 10years ban (preposterous) and those fellows in the north who will gladly maim and kill people at the slightest provocation? What is even the rationale behind the moslem subsection? Did you sanction that too? Whatever reason that may be, if you were Mr President, would you have created a state exclusively for moslems? Christians and unbelievers are agitating for their own exclusive section too... Would you fast track the approval so we can all operate martial law in each domain?
I have said it several times that the religion section should operate a level playing ground! It should be a model where people devoid of their religious bias can interact, if we cannot co-exist anonymously online how then can we correct the "cancer" destroying our nation? Thank you.
PalmTree

6 Likes

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by FXKing2012(m): 11:13pm On Feb 13, 2013
Seun: The notice was proposed by Christian moderators to prevent Christians and Atheists from getting themselves banned when Muslim threads make the home page. I felt it was a fantastic idea and I implemented it as soon as I could. Now if you get banned in the Muslim section, you will have no one to blame but yourself. wink
And why is this notice also not on the Christian board in order to prevent Muslims and atheists from posting offensive comments on our board? We find it very insultive and inappropriate when non-Christians blasphem against our God, our Bible and our faith. What is good for the goose is good for the gander, they say.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by FXKing2012(m): 11:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
PalmTree: What is even the rationale behind the moslem subsection? Did you sanction that too? Whatever reason that may be, if you were Mr President, would you have created a state exclusively for moslems? Christians and unbelievers are agitating for their own exclusive section too... Would you fast track the approval so we can all operate martial law in each domain?
I have said it several times that the religion section should operate a level playing ground! It should be a model where people devoid of their religious bias can interact, if we cannot co-exist anonymously online how then can we correct the "cancer" destroying our nation?
GREAT POINT MADE HERE!
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Neddivine: 11:21pm On Feb 13, 2013
Are we now saying that christians that deserve offensive posts like the ones from most satanists and atheists.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Seun(m): 11:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
FXKing2012: And why is this notice also not on the Christian board in order to prevent Muslims and atheists from posting offensive comments on our board? We find it very insultive and inappropriate when non-Christians blasphem against our God, our Bible and our faith. What is good for the goose is good for the gander, they say.
There is no Christian and Atheist forum. We believe Christians and atheists can debate themselves without resorting to violence.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by alexleo(m): 11:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
Seun:
There is no Christian and Atheist forum. We believe Christians and atheists can debate themselves without resorting to violence.

yeah we dont resort to violence in our argument but christians are people who believe in Christ therefore i see no reason why people will come and insult our Jesus and get away with it. Even if anybody has an issue to raise about our belief the person should be made to go about it in a civilized manner. devoid of insult to the personality of Christ. If an atheists insults us thats not a big deal but when you go beyond us to insult our God then thats also worthy of being banned just like we have it in the muslim section in order to have a level playing ground.

1 Like

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by DeepSight(m): 12:07am On Feb 14, 2013
Seun:

Perfect response!

Enough said! This statement alone is a complete indictment of Muslims on this forum and shows the view that the owner of the Forum has of Muslim discussants.

4 Likes

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by wiegraf: 12:11am On Feb 14, 2013
Really, if enough xtians want their own board, they should get their own board. Assuming they really want one, they're being punished for good behavior while the muslims are being rewarded for bad. That's not exactly the best precedence to set, do bad and get rewarded, do good and suffer. It's quite unfair
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by DeepSight(m): 12:14am On Feb 14, 2013
wiegraf: Really, if enough xtians want their own board, they should get their own board. Assuming they really want one, they're being punished for good behavior while the muslims are being rewarded for bad. That's not exactly the best precedence to set, do bad and get rewarded, do good and suffer. It's quite unfair

Have you not got Seun's point? Not giving the Christians a separate section is a LOUD statement from him that he reposes confidence in Christians ability to discuss issues without resorting to violence, his exact words above. Giving the Islamists their own section is also his way of advertising their anti-social nature and inability to disagree without resorting to violence!

2 Likes

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by wiegraf: 12:38am On Feb 14, 2013
Deep Sight:

Have you not got Seun's point? Not giving the Christians a separate section is a LOUD statement from him that he reposes confidence in Christians ability to discuss issues without resorting to violence, his exact words above. Giving the Islamists their own section is also his way of advertising their anti-social nature and inability to disagree without resorting to violence!

Problem being the people who ought to be ashamed clearly aren't. In fact, they seem mighty damned pleased with themselves. They actually expect medals even. So I don't think much is being attained.

Xtians should be allowed to explore the nadirs the good muslims conquer with such insouciance if they want to. (Frankly, they aren't capable, there are a few reasonable xtians after all.) So why not one subsection for fundies and one main section to rule them all? One in which freedom of speech clearly reigns. That's not too much, no? Xtians won't hide in their caves, they will come out play.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by manmustwac(m): 2:07am On Feb 14, 2013
There was a big debate about this issue in the mod section about the muslim section being a muslim only section & non muslims getting bans of up to 10 years & more for posting there. It was decided by we mods to put that warning there before you post as a compromise to prevent a total ban on muslim topics making the homepage

1 Like

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by DeepSight(m): 2:29am On Feb 14, 2013
^^^ Speaks volumes bout the nature of the followers of Uncle Mo.

1 Like

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by mumumugu(m): 2:30am On Feb 14, 2013
manmustwac: There was a big debate about this issue in the mod section about the muslim section being a muslim only section & non muslims getting bans of up to 10 years & more for posting there. It was decided by we mods to put that warning there before you post as a compromise to prevent a total ban on muslim topics making the homepage
so you and jesoul supported this thrash....

So because christians keep quiet, atheist can continue insulting Jesus
:-)
nairaland is made up of silly senseless moderators

1 Like

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 2:58am On Feb 14, 2013
diluminati: The first time i'm making a post in islam for years

waste my time?

is this the islamic section? why is this place the section for cowardly atheists to whine about how the muslims treat them?

1 Like

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 3:00am On Feb 14, 2013
manmustwac: There was a big debate about this issue in the mod section about the muslim section being a muslim only section & non muslims getting bans of up to 10 years & more for posting there. It was decided by we mods to put that warning there before you post as a compromise to prevent a total ban on muslim topics making the homepage

this makes no sense. Why are muslim topics on the front page if they dont want us to speak our minds? by all means keep the posts in the muslim section where we all dont care if we miss it.

1 Like

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 3:10am On Feb 14, 2013
frankly speaking, have been banned from the islam section for over two weeks now by mclatuni for reason(s) unknown to me. The gospel truth is; giving those childish mods power to ban co-forumites is way too much and has been misused by majority of the mods. few days back i saw a post of some forumite complaining about a mod in the romance section. i think what Seun needs to do is to device a method to check these mods or probably create a thread or section where we all can complain about any mod that's effing up.
as for the Post above, create a level ground for all religion forum members to interact, else create sepeare sub-sections for us all.
Thanks
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 6:02am On Feb 14, 2013
davidylan: this makes no sense. Why are muslim topics on the front page if they dont want us to speak our minds? by all means keep the posts in the muslim section where we all dont care if we miss it.

[size=13pt]That was part of the debate manmustwac referred to.[/size]
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 14, 2013
Seun:

for real? i wonder why you would say this. maybe you dont even know whats happening on your forum. you are killing it.let everyone be on equal pedestal or what are you afraid of?

davidylan:

is this the islamic section? why is this place the section for cowardly atheists to whine about how the muslims treat them?

and is this how cowardly christians behave, thats why there is no board for you guys? thats why you are second fiddle?
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by vedaxcool(m): 7:19am On Feb 14, 2013
Lol grin some days back ooman started his thread asking for an atheist section all because of exceptionally poor moderating here or is it moderating at one's whims? Anyway, thank goodness from seun's mouth it was simply the idea of certain moderators who rather than moderate their section (which desperately need proper moderation I am sorry to say from the continued complaints by different posters), prefer putting all their attention at the Islam for Muslim section, one only hope you guys who lobbied for such imposition on the Islam section would be honest enough to spread the word that it was your own doing after that we really don't disturb ourselves when the wind blows and paper begins to shake on the floor and that is what all this noise resembles! grin any way peace!

2 Likes

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Obinoscopy(m): 7:24am On Feb 14, 2013
Deep Sight:

You are a man of immense wisdom
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by FXKing2012(m): 8:40am On Feb 14, 2013
Seun:

Hahaha...so you are insinuating muslims cannot debate without resorting to violence? You are very right though, and yes, Christians and atheists are very tolerant as you rightly implied.

But seriously Seun, if muslims dont want us speaking our minds on their board then their threads shouldnt be making front page where everybody has a right to say his/her mind.

1 Like

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by PalmTree(m): 8:56am On Feb 14, 2013
Seun's points are obviously valid but doesn't go down well with majority of other non-moslems. If his rationale being that moslems show a considerable degree of intolerance is the reason for their subsection then it's a total sham! Like I asked before, if Seun were to be Nigeria's President, would he have created a state exclusively for moslems and then write a warning boldly on the gates so every non-moslems will deny themselves freedom of speech? I detest it when forum users result to insults and blasphemy in the process of driving home a point and I support a clearly defined set of punishment for offenders. However it is obvious that Seun's magnanimity has encouraged some mods to bare their despotic tendencies, users on this forum have complained bitterly on how Mac has banned them without necessarily insulting islam. I maintain that Seun is the root cause of this evil because he was the one who gave Mac the authority to be the prosecutor and the judge, he passes judgement as pleases without reference to any rule book... Who does that? If seun wants to highlight the intolerance of moslems, should it be at the expense of others? How many times has he vetoed any of Mac's excesses? You saw him ban a user for more than 10years and you let it slide because you want us to see his intolerance? Seun, this is your forum and you have autonomous power, but in all you do always remember to consider the opinions of your users. We are happy that you created this avenue (Nairaland) for us to interact, but finally WE ARE WHAT MAKES NAIRALAND. Long live the land of the NAIRA!!!
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by honeric01(m): 9:45am On Feb 14, 2013
I move to vote that every Islamic thread MUST NOT and SHOULD NOT make the front page again!

99% of the topics do not need neutral opinion nor contrary opinion, so why push it out to the public when 80% of the public won't be allowed to say things the way they are?

6 Likes

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by semid4lyfe(m): 9:59am On Feb 14, 2013
A war is brewing. . . . .

*Following Thread*
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Obinoscopy(m): 10:28am On Feb 14, 2013
honeric01: I move to vote that every Islamic thread MUST NOT and SHOULD NOT make the front page again!

99% of the topics do not need neutral opinion nor contrary opinion, so why push it out to the public when 80% of the public won't be allowed to say things the way they are?
Islamic Threads should still make frontpage so that Muslims around the world can see it and make their contributions.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adeboye Blackberry Open Heaven $4.99 Usd / D End Is Here Adeboye's Testimony / That Rapture Is After The Tribulation Is CLEARLY Stated In Mathew 24. Come See..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.