Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? (1757 Views)

Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH / Pat Utomi Dumps APC, To Run For Delta Governorship Race Under PDP. / Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2013

There are indications that radical lawyer, critic and social crusader, Festus Keyamo, may have decided to take a shot at the Delta State governorship seat in 2015.

A source close to the human rights activist said that Keyamo is left with no other choice than to challenge what was described as “family trend leadership in the oil-rich Niger Delta state, where a governor finishes his tenure and hands over to a cousin.”

The source said that former governor of the state, James Ibori, after his eight years governorship in the state, handed over to his cousin and incumbent, Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan, who will be completing his second term in 2015.

The source further alleged that Uduaghan “is already perfecting plans to handover the governorship of the state to another cousin of theirs, a plan the Keyamo group has vowed to not only oppose, but frustrate in the interest of the people of Delta State.”

According to the source, “Keyamo has given his best to Nigeria at the national level as a lawyer and rights activist and needed to return home to give his best to the people of his home state.”

In what appears to be a confirmation of the development, the Lagos State based lawyer, in collaboration with other Deltans, has launched a socio-political organization known as Delta Forces United, which has promised to make useful contributions to social-political issues concerning Delta State.

According to a press statement issued by Henry Ukusare, the Pro-tem Secretary of the group, the Keyamo-led DFU has as part of its agenda the discovery of a new leadership for Delta State, against what it called promoting leadership on the narrow platform of any ethnic group.

The group is also stressed that the political future of Delta State rests squarely in the hands of the people of Delta State and not in the hands of those it described as a selfish few who have always decided the political future of Delta State and her people.

A statement, which contains the group’s seven-point agenda issued on Wednesday in Lagos reads: “Lawyer, critic and social crusader. Mr. Festus Keyamo and other patriots have launched a socio-political organization in his home State, Delta State called the Delta Forces United. It will make useful contributions to social-political issues concerning Delta State. In this regard, Deltans, residents of Delta State, Deltans in diaspora and friends of Delta State are invited to join hands with us in this patriotic endeavour.

“The organization is open to everyone, especially those who believe in the following objectives/principles:

“1. That the only way to discover a new leadership for Delta State is not by promoting leadership on the narrow platform of any ethnic group.

“2. That the political future of Delta State rests squarely in the hands of the people of Delta State and not in the hands of a selfish few who have always decided the political future of Delta State and her people.

“3. That the only way to return Delta State to the people is through mass mobilisation and mass participation in the political process and not by cynicism, despondency and political abstinence.

“4. That the culture of making ‘political leaders’ and ‘godfathers’ out of those who only dole out money to a selfish few to secure political support is the root cause of underdevelopment of the State.

“5. To develop a comprehensive blueprint for the reconstruction and development of Delta State.

“6. That the only way to develop Delta State from her present position to a frontline State with the huge resources at our disposal is not to continue on the part of impulsive leadership with questionable past and character, but to insist on a new leadership with a transparent past, proven track record of service to the people and the fear of God.

“7. That the urgent reconstruction and development of our State by a trusted and competent leader is far more compelling and important than the insistence on future leadership emerging from a particular ethnic group.”

Keyamo’s law chambers in Delta State, Lagos and Abuja are current serving as offices of the group.
Source
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by takedat(m): 1:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
Good to have men like Keyamo come into politics, surely his aspiration won't be under the banner of PDP where each successive administration inherits the stupidity of the previous administration and increases it a la Ibori and Uduaghan etc!
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by tomakint: 1:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
No dulling, Keyamo must have his own share of the 'National Cake' cool
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 14, 2013
The source said that former governor of the state, James Ibori, after his eight years governorship in the state, handed over to his cousin and incumbent, Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan, who will be completing his second term in 2015.

The source further alleged that Uduaghan “is already perfecting plans to handover the governorship of the state to another cousin of theirs, a plan the Keyamo group has vowed to not only oppose, but frustrate in the interest of the people of Delta State.”

Delta State the pseudo-monarchy?
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by seunfly: 1:40pm On Feb 14, 2013
Good move, let us encourage peaple like that keyamo, dopesi, pat utomi, wole soyinka, dora akunyili into politic under a good platform, not pdp cos they seems to be infectious whth coruption and bad leadership.
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 14, 2013
HNosegbe:

Delta State the pseudo-monarchy?

Anointing nah...
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by taharqa: 1:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
GOOD o...
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 14, 2013
tomakint: No dulling, Keyamo must have his own share of the 'National Cake' cool

From the seven lofty objectives outlined all you derive is this^?

I suppose some are really past the point of caring...
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Anointing nah...

grin grin grin
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by GARRIx7(m): 2:39pm On Feb 14, 2013
tomakint: No dulling, Keyamo must have his own share of the 'National Cake' cool

^^
A sensible Deltan would be glad that a credible candidate like Kenyamo is‎​ interested in contesting for the governorship of Delta State.
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 14, 2013
I hope he wont join PDP ?
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by tomakint: 2:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
GARRI (x7):

^^
A sensible Deltan would be glad that a credible candidate like Kenyamo is‎​ interested in contesting for the governorship of Delta State.
Are you sure of what you are saying here?
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by Gbawe: 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2013
berem: I hope he wont join PDP ?

That is not an option. Uduaghan is a PDP Governor and his anointed will have 'first refusal' option. I think we all recently saw how this works with GEJ totally clearing the way for Dickson in Bayelsa. Even the most loved Bayelsa son would not have succeeded dislodging GEJ's candidate if they were seeking to do that under the PDP. Keyamo has to find a viable platform to take on the PDP. Keyamo 'forming' below with Dr.Okei-Odumakin. That Lady will surely be the recipient of an influential office under APC:

http://saharareporters.com/gallery/photonews-nigerian-women-group-protest-against-n4-billion-budget-allocation-first-lady-missi

PHOTONEWS: Nigerian Women Group Protest Against N4 Billion Budget Allocation To "First Lady Mission House"

Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by Demdem(m): 3:06pm On Feb 14, 2013
seunfly: Good move, let us encourage peaple like that keyamo, dopesi, pat utomi, wole soyinka, dora akunyili into politic under a good platform, not pdp cos the seems to be infectious whth corucption and bad leadership.

Dokpesi is a crook and killer member. He is also one of the master-mind of 2010 independence Bomb blast in Abuja.
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by nduchucks: 3:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
I would have questioned Keyamo's ability to actually govern effectively, but given the crop of thieves who have hitherto ruled Delta State, Keyamo will be a great improvement even if he does not govern with distinction.

I hope he runs and if he does, I will mobilize all my resources to support him in anyway that I can and I urge evryone reading this to do the same.
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by Gbawe: 3:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
ndu_chucks: I would have questioned Keyamo's ability to actually govern effectively, but given the crop of thieves who have hitherto ruled Delta State, Keyamo will be a great improvement even if he does not govern with distinction.

I hope he runs and if he does, I will mobilize all my resources to support him in anyway that I can and I urge evryone reading this to do the same.

I think Keyamo is one of those who has a strong sense of 'giving back'. Very important quality for Nigerian public officials to possess because, while we do not have many 'saints in our politics, progress will still continue if most leaders can give back even when operating within the constraint of Nigeria's choppy political water. Wish him the best. It is even good we are getting to the stage where the likes of Keyamo can come out and be supported.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by GARRIx7(m): 3:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
tomakint:
Are you sure of what you are saying here?

Yes!!!

Do you think otherwise??
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by tomakint: 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Yes!!!

Do you think otherwise??
Nope, I am just curious as to why you so much believed and trust 'mere mortals' as if they are gods! What gives you the impression that if he gets to where the 'real money' are, he will still be the same Keyamo you used to know undecided
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by Cunninlingus: 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
Best News ever! I just prays he doesn't join ACN!
His like should come together and form a political party and we will surely support them.
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
tomakint:
Nope, I am just curious as to why you so much believed and trust 'mere mortals' as if they are gods! What gives you the impression that if he gets to where the 'real money' are, he will still be the same Keyamo you used to know undecided

Wait a minute, are you suggesting that we suspend reality completely simply because you consider it fruitless to invest any degree of trust in mere mortals?

Have you become so despondent about the political situation that you can no longer differentiate between what is inherently bad and the possibility of a sea-change?
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by tomakint: 4:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Wait a minute, are you suggesting that we suspend reality completely simply because you consider it fruitless to invest any degree of trust in mere mortals?

Have you become so despondent about the political situation that you can no longer differentiate between what is inherently bad and the possibility of a sea-change?

..that post is not directed at you, by the way, the tone of my message was very mild, don't quote my sentence out of context undecided
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by GARRIx7(m): 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2013
tomakint:

I evaluate people based on what is‎​ known (past and present) and not what is‎​ unknown (future). Interestingly, the future is‎​ determined by our current and past actions.

What I know about Keyamo is‎​ that he's an Anti-Corruption crusader. I cannot guarantee how he'll act when faced with "Real Money" but his past and current actions suggest that should he become a Governor, he'd be People-Oriented and transparent.

Aside from the fact that like all humans he's prone to being corrupt can you point to anything(his action) that suggests that he'd change if given power??
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by tomakint: 4:57pm On Feb 14, 2013
GARRI (x7):

I evaluate people based on what is‎​ known (past and present) and not what is‎​ unknown (future). Interestingly, the future is‎​ determined by our current and past actions.

What I know about Keyamo is‎​ that he's an Anti-Corruption crusader. I cannot guarantee how he'll act when faced with "Real Money" but his past and current actions suggest that should he become a Governor, he'd be People-Oriented and transparent.

Aside from the fact that like all humans he's prone to being corrupt can you point to anything(his action) that suggests that he'd change if given power??
It seems you have the potentiometer of measuring people's innate actions, anyway let's wait and see. My position is, until he is privileged to be governor, till then!
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
tomakint:
..that post is not directed at you, by the way, the tone of my message was very mild, don't quote my sentence out of context undecided

All you needed to do was clarify what you meant, for the avoidance of doubt.

Since your post remains unedited, I will leave it up to others to form their own opinions about what it really conveys.
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by tomakint: 5:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
eGuerrilla:

All you needed to do was clarify what you meant, for the avoidance of doubt.

Since your post remains unedited, I will leave it up to others to form their own opinions about what it really conveys.
Fixed cool
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by GARRIx7(m): 5:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
tomakint:
It seems you have the potentiometer of measuring people's innate actions, anyway let's wait and see. My position is, until he is privileged to be governor, till then!

Mr. Man why argue back and forth?? Someone who has been law-abiding and honest and has even been in the fore-front of the fight against corruption indicates interest in running for office and this is‎​ what you said:

And your reason is‎​:
tomakint: What gives you the impression that if he gets to where the 'real money' are, he will still be the same Keyamo you used to know undecided

Meaning you're already condemning him as one who's only interested in enriching himself. Sadly your condemnation is‎​ mischievously baseless and unwarranted.

So if there's anyone who seems to be claiming to possess the "potentiometer of measuring people's innate actions" it's YOU. Yes you've measured Keyamo and have found him wanting already!!
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by tomakint: 5:20pm On Feb 14, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Mr. Man why argue back and forth?? Someone who has been law-abiding and honest and has even been in the fore-front of the fight against corruption indicates interest in running for office and this is‎​ what you said:

And your reason is‎​:

Meaning you're already condemning him as one who's only interested in enriching himself. Sadly your condemnation is‎​ mischievously baseless and unwarranted.

So if there's anyone who seems to be claiming to possess the "potentiometer of measuring people's innate actions" it's YOU. Yes you've measured Keyamo and have found him wanting already!!
May be that's what you take my post to be, but permit me to elucidate further that, this system of government will make even the assumed saints amidst us to steal. This system of government is really wasteful and allow for more loopholes
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by GARRIx7(m): 5:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
tomakint:
May be that's what you take my post to be, but permit me to elucidate further that, this system of government will make even the assumed saints amidst us to steal. This system of government is really wasteful and allow for more loopholes

The first step in changing the system is‎​ putting in the right people who have the capacity to effect such changes. Interestingly, going by his antecedents, Keyamo seems to be such a person.

Also note that one doesn't have to be a saint to develop a state. The likes of Fashola, Oshiomole, Chime, Akpabio etc MAY have a stain or two but one cannot deny the transformation these people have brought to their states...

1 Like

Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by Willy7(m): 5:54pm On Feb 14, 2013
tomakint:
You sound too naive and uneducated.Permit me to say,you not really endowed upstairs.How old are you?Its often said its better to keep quiet and be thought a fool,than to speak up and clear all doubts.Do you have any evidence of corruption against Keyamo?Have you worked for him or done business with him and he refused paying you?Do you really know who Keyamo is,or you just want to talk because you have free mb on your phone?So many kids on nairaland.That you dont trust yourself doesnt mean you should see others through the same lense ok?Instead of you to be happy that people like Keyamo are giving politics a shot,in a country where corruption and politics have bcome lovebirds,you are disparaging him.Its a shame.
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by tomakint: 5:57pm On Feb 14, 2013
GARRI (x7):

The first step in changing the system is‎​ putting in the right people who have the capacity to effect such changes. Interestingly, going by his antecedents, Keyamo seems to be such a person.

Also note that one doesn't have to be a saint to develop a state. The likes of Fashola, Oshiomole, Chime, Akpabio etc MAY have a stain or two but one cannot deny the transformation these people have brought to their states...
You still don't get it do you? If Keyamo emerges for instance, perhaps under a different party (besides PDP) who are going to be in charge of Delta State House of Assembly? what about the local government chairmen and councillors? how much can he spend to upstage the PDP,if he emerges, before you know it he is back in square one! Look deeply at this system of government (Presidential System) and tell me how you can really stamp out corruption (the hydra-headed monster ravishing us for the past 50 years) from the polity without being ruthless and the question is are our leaders ready for that? cool
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by tomakint: 6:00pm On Feb 14, 2013
Willy7: You sound too naive and uneducated.Permit me to say,you not really endowed upstairs.How old are you?Its often said its better to keep quiet and be thought a fool,than to speak up and clear all doubts.Do you have any evidence of corruption against Keyamo?Have you worked for him or done business with him and he refused paying you?Do you really know who Keyamo is,or you just want to talk because you have free mb on your phone?So many kids on nairaland.That you dont trust yourself doesnt mean you should see others through the same lense ok?Instead of you to be happy that people like Keyamo are giving politics a shot,in a country where corruption and politics have bcome lovebirds,you are disparaging him.Its a shame.
Son, I thought I would never have every reason to come across dolts like you, how dare you gate-crashed into a post, you are not invited in, I have seen many intelligent ‘silverbacks and chimps’ I am afraid your intelligence cannot be compared to theirs, I hope you don’t feel insulted? You can keep your warped views to yourself cool
Re: 2015: Keyamo Gears Up For Delta Governorship? by GARRIx7(m): 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
tomakint:
You still don't get it do you? If Keyamo emerges for instance, perhaps under a different party (besides PDP) who are going to be in charge of Delta State House of Assembly? what about the local government chairmen and councillors? how much can he spend to upstage the PDP,if he emerges before you know it he is back in square one! Look deeply at this system of government (Presidential System) and tell me how you can really stamp out corruption (the hydra-headed monster ravishing us for the past 50 years) from the polity cool

Funny dude!!!

When Oshiomole became Governor, the majority in the house of assembly were PDP. Did that stop him from delivering??

Whether the majority in the house are in the opposition or not, a FOCUSED governor will still deliver!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU Strike Will End Soon-president Goodluck Jonathan Promises / Army Will Fight To Keep Nigeria United- Ihejirika / Man Shot At PDP Rally For Wearing An Apc Shirt In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.