Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ (8008 Views)

APC Lawmakers-Elect Boycott Meeting With With Party Leadership - TheTrent / APC Orders Council Chairmen To Hire Crowd To Attend Ambode’s Declaration / 5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by Aderostock(m): 6:49am On Feb 15, 2013
A section of Peoples Democratic Party's state chairmen have vowed to boycott a Thursday late night meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan.

The irate state chairmen made the vow after they were walked out of a prep meeting with the party's chairman, Bamaga Tukur, Thursday evening.

A source close to the itinerary of the chairmen told PREMIUM TIMES the men were shocked when the party's National chairman, Mr. Tukur, announced he would only meet with party leaders from states controlled by opposition at the Legacy House Maitama, Abuja, venue of the prep meeting.

"It was so shocking he just asked all those from PDP controlled states to excuse them and as I speak to you now, he is meeting with only thirteen chairmen who are from states that have no PDP governors," our source said shortly after the irate chairmen were made to leave the meeting hall.

The meeting with the 13 state chairmen from states not controlled by the PDP was still on as at 9.00 p.m Thursday.

Following the walk out, the state chairmen vowed not to attend the later meeting President Jonathan in presidential villa.

"The president can as well also meet with the thirteen chairmen," one of the chairmen was quoted as saying.

Our source added that Mr. Tukur also cancelled a scheduled meeting with PDP governors.

Mr. Tukur has been having a running battle with PDP governors and some members of the National Working Committee of the party, particularly the embattled National Secretary, Olagunsoye Oyinlola, who has been temporarily replaced by his deputy following a court order.

Powerful NEC

The series of meetings were called preparatory to the meeting of the National Executive Committee, NEC, which is expected to be stormy following the ongoing power play among party leaders.

Pundits predict the NEC may lead to the ouster of Mr. Tukur, a reason the president is trying to pacify internal opposition prior to the meeting.

It was reported that the president also plans to meet with the G 84, a collection of voting members of NEC on Thursday night after meeting with the state chairmen of the party.

The PDP NEC is the second highest decision making organ of the party after the National Convention. Though the party's constitution says the meeting should be held quarterly, the last time it was held was in July, 2012.

Some of the curial issues the NEC is expected to discuss include the Adamawa crisis, constitution of a disciplinary committee, and approval of the amended constitution of the party.

The NEC may also decide the fate of Mr. Tukur as party chairman.

Embattled Tukur

Last week, the PDP chairman suffered a similar boycott. His decision to introduce the executive committee of his favourite PDP faction in Adamawa state to the Director General of the State Security Service, SSS, Ita Ekpenyong, angered members of the National Working Committee, NWC of the party leading to a boycott.

"He called the meeting only after writing the letter to the DG of the SSS and wanted the NWC to ratify the decision, but members stayed away and only three persons came, so the meeting could not hold," our source said.

Efforts to reach the spokesperson of the party, Olisa Metuh, for clarifications were unsuccessful. He neither picked nor returned our calls. He also did not respond to our text message.

The meetings to be presided by Mr. Jonathan will hold late into the night at the presidential villa until the early hours of the morning. It is not impossible that the chairmen will be persuaded to rescind their decision.

http://m.naij.com/news/24013.html
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by tomakint: 7:17am On Feb 15, 2013
Meaning? undecided If they like let them all join APC, all I know is, Jonathan will still hold forte come 2015 cool

5 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by Jaideyone(m): 7:20am On Feb 15, 2013
The earlier pdp crumbles the better for nigerians

5 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by seunfly: 7:32am On Feb 15, 2013
I am happy to ear this from pdp, i hope what they wish 4 opposition party happen to them.

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by eggheaders(m): 7:34am On Feb 15, 2013
tomakint: Meaning? undecided If they like let them all join APC, all I know is, Jonathan will still hold forte come 2015 cool

keep living in the pimpers paradise. you will definitely wake up after your boss is sent back to otueke.pdp falling,apc working.all pdp goons in here are panicking.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by Aderostock(m): 7:43am On Feb 15, 2013
eggheaders:

keep living in the pimpers paradise. you will definitely wake up after your boss is sent back to otueke.pdp falling,apc working.all pdp goons in here are panicking.
I can't just believe people still believe this fisherman's son called jonadunce.

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by tomakint: 7:46am On Feb 15, 2013
eggheaders:

Keep dogging me around, while fantasying in your wild guess of APC is working you Tinubu's thug lasan lasan cool I don't understand why you (airhead) are this stu.pid in your reasoning, perhaps it runs in ur genes undecided
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by eggheaders(m): 8:00am On Feb 15, 2013
tomakint:
Keep dogging me around, while fantasying in your wild guess of APC is working you Tinubu's thug lasan lasan cool I don't understand why you (airhead) are this stu.pid in your reasoning, perhaps it runs in ur genes undecided

following who around a scoundrel like you I laugh in Arabic.a low life like you that lie you are Yoruba because you attend oau. you so insecure you denial your ndigbo heritage.I can really understand your plight you so scared of your life post gej administration. no more crumbs from him.nitwit go get a job the obvious is that your boss is going .live with that reality. were agba.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by tomakint: 8:25am On Feb 15, 2013
eggheaders:

following who around a scoundrel like you I laugh in Arabic.a low life like you that lie you are Yoruba because you attend oau. you so insecure you denial your ndigbo heritage.I can really understand you plight you so scared of your life post gej administration. no more crumbs from him.nitwit go get a job the obvious is that your boss is going .live with that reality. were agba.
You are still dogging me around undecided
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by FrankC3: 8:50am On Feb 15, 2013
No State PDP Chairman will EVER miss the opportunity of sitting in the same room with the President. Not in this Nigeria. Not even the @OP will do that if he is a State PDP Chairman. All these propaganda to portray the PDP as having problems is just childish.
The new party should go ahead and do their thing. My only mandate to them is to keep the PDP on its toes, it is good for every body. I can imagine the effect of a strong opposition in Ekiti or Abia. Taking the seat at the center is out of their brief from me for now...

8 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by Aderostock(m): 9:08am On Feb 15, 2013
eggheaders:

following who around a scoundrel like you I laugh in Arabic.a low life like you that lie you are Yoruba because you attend oau. you so insecure you denial your ndigbo heritage.I can really understand you plight you so scared of your life post gej administration. no more crumbs from him.nitwit go get a job the obvious is that your boss is going .live with that reality. were agba.
Please leave that sell-out alone, he has sold his future and that of his children and unborn ones.
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 15, 2013
Aderostock:
I can't just believe people still believe this fisherman's son called jonadunce.

He is PAID to believe in Jonadunce

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by Demdem(m): 11:53am On Feb 15, 2013
Tukur seems to be doing a good job in the killer party.
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by vanstanzy(m): 11:55am On Feb 15, 2013
If a house be in disarray, how can it stand?
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by Jetland(m): 11:59am On Feb 15, 2013
I fink PDP have lost their sensor. There is no more signal for dem to locate d their responsibilities
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 15, 2013
And how does it concern me:/:/

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by vanstanzy(m): 12:05pm On Feb 15, 2013
seunfly: I am happy to ear this from pdp, i hope what they wish 4 opposition party happen to them.

I tot Yorubas had phonological interference in pronouncing "H" alone, i never knew the interference also extends to writing the letter "H". undecided

8 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by harmless011: 12:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
Frank-C:
No State PDP Chairman will EVER miss the opportunity of sitting in the same room with the President. Not in this Nigeria. Not even the @OP will do that if he is a State PDP Chairman. All these propaganda to portray the PDP as having problems is just childish.
The new party should go ahead and do their thing. My only mandate to them is to keep the PDP on its toes, it is good for every body. I can imagine the effect of a strong opposition in Ekiti or Abia. Taking the seat at the center is out of their brief from me for now...
. True talk bro
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by Ichiddy: 12:11pm On Feb 15, 2013
na wa oh
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by Goddex: 12:24pm On Feb 15, 2013
Childish propanda by the opposition to portray the PDP as a party in disarray.
Stories such as this can only be found in Premiumtimes, Punch and Nation.

What baffles me anyway, is how any poo about GEJ immediately make the front page.
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by forkadict(m): 12:25pm On Feb 15, 2013
tomakint: Meaning? undecided If they like let them all join APC, all I know is, Jonathan will still hold forte come 2015 cool

iT'S People like you that make me sick and give up the little hope I have for Naija rising again.

For God's sake what the fork have you benefitted from the 4 yrs Jona will be out Presido? And to think that you intend to impose him on us again come 2015 for another 4 yrs?

Oh Lord, please come and deliver dis country.

Ope o, meanwhile I'm number 20 to comment. e no easy. I will soon get there
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by edib(m): 12:25pm On Feb 15, 2013
Idi Amin: And how does it concern me:/:/
hahahaha pls help me ask them o.I've got a life to live mehn with or without PDP n co I dey kapke!!!!!!
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by najoke: 12:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
vanstanzy:

I tot Yorubas had phonological interference in pronouncing "H" alone, i never knew the interference also extends to writing the letter "H". undecided

^
why do people ignore the message and instead concentrate on typographical error. The last time i checked this is not grammar section. Na by force to post on nairaland, if u dont have anything sensible to say shat da f&*()k up angry angry angry grin grin grin

And the post above has 2 likes......what is there to "LIKE" in the crap he wrote

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by vanstanzy(m): 12:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
na_joke:

^
why do people ignore the message and instead concentrate on typographical error. The last time i checked this is not grammar section. Na by force to post on nairaland, if u dont have anything sensible to say shat da f&*()k up angry angry angry grin grin grin

And the post above has 2 likes......what is there to "LIKE" in the crap he said

AM SINCERELY SORRY O shocked shocked. I just wanted to point out the typo. like u put it. But telling me to STFU? I'll take it lightly, since ur username infers its "only a joke! grin grin grin", in-other words "not to be taken seriously. grin grin" Now see what u made me do to u. undecided wink wink
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by kiyosaki1(m): 12:38pm On Feb 15, 2013
Bad for GEJ and PDP rest in pieces
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by najoke: 12:40pm On Feb 15, 2013
vanstanzy:

AM SINCERELY SORRY O shocked shocked. I just wanted to point out the typo. like u put it. But telling me to STFU? I'll take it with a lightly, since ur username infers its "only a joke! grin grin grin", in-other words "not to be taken seriously. grin grin"

^
why am i not surprise, I just corrected you on concentrating on the message a poster is trying to pass across and wholla....u decide to now concentrate on my ID
Damn.....ur parents must be very proud of u.
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by vanstanzy(m): 12:51pm On Feb 15, 2013
na_joke:

^
why am i not surprise, I just corrected you on concentrating on the message a poster is trying to pass across and wholla....u decide to now concentrate on my ID
Damn.....ur parents must be very proud of u.

STFU, u wrote was the last straw, mehn. angry But how did u know this: Damn.....ur parents must be very proud of u. grin grin grin grin Cos u are absolutely, 100% right. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by najoke: 12:56pm On Feb 15, 2013
vanstanzy:

STFU, u wrote was the last straw, mehn. angry But how did u know this: Damn.....ur parents must be very proud of u. grin grin grin grin Cos u are absolutely, 100% right. grin grin grin grin grin

^
very.....very......proud of u grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by Akpan107(m): 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2013
vanstanzy: If a house be in disarray, how can it stand?
Sometimes, we disagree to agree!
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by Akpan107(m): 1:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
fork adict:

iT'S People like you that make me sick and give up the little hope I have for Naija rising again.

For God's sake what the fork have you benefitted from the 4 yrs Jona will be out Presido? And to think that you intend to impose him on us again come 2015 for another 4 yrs?

Oh Lord, please come and deliver dis country.

Ope o, meanwhile I'm number 20 to comment. e no easy. I will soon get there
If you think God will answer ur prayers, pray to God to help Jonathan rule well and let the will of God be done in Nigeria... Power belong to God, and the same God gave it to him (goodluck). If God want Goodluck to be there by 2015, am very sure that nobody can oppose it. Remember the popular saying... If God says ''Yes'' nobody can say ''No'' i rest my case!
Re: PDP Chairmen To Boycott Meeting With GEJ by Ess: 1:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
I see PDP trembling!
BTW Im number whatever to post!..foolish ppl feeling special because they posted 1st. Na lack of work dey do una...

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Poorly Prepared For Elections –PDP Governors. / List Of World Oil Rich Countries Facing Recession Now / Buhari To Inaugurate Zik Masoleum In Onitsha, Jan. 24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.