Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,418 members, 7,808,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 (8675 Views)

US Congress To Conduct Public Hearing On Boko-Haram / Baba Suwe Loses N25M NDLEA Damages Suit / House Of Reps Public Hearing On Capital Market - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by Tolexander: 7:01pm On Feb 15, 2013
Baba Suwe vs NDLEA: Court to hear N25m judgment appeal April 28

By Innocent Anaba

The Court of Appeal sitting in, Lagos, Friday adjourned till April 8, 2013, to hear the appeal by National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, against a judgment debt of N25m ordered against it in favour of Mr Babatunde Omidina, alias Baba Suwe in 2011.

A Lagos High Court, Ikeja, had in a judgment in the suit by Baba Suwe on November 24, 2011, ordered the agency to pay him N25m,for detaining him beyond the legal time limit on a suspicion of drug ingestion.

The lower court also ordered the agency to apologise to the actor publicly in conspicuous pages of two national dailies.

Hearing in the appeal, could not go on Friday, as presiding judge, Justice Chima Nweze noted that the appeal was wrongly listed for motion instead of arguments.

It will be recalled that Baba Suwe was arrested by NDLEA men at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagod on the October 12, 2011 on allegations of ingestion of a restricted narcotics.

He was alleged to have been detained without any evidence that he ingested any narcotic, as he did not excrete any of such substance throughout the period of his incaceration.

The lower court in its judgment, held that the detention of the actor and the ill treatment meted on him while in custody violated his constitutionally-guaranteed rights.

NDLEA in the appeal,is praying the court to set aside the judgment, on the grounds, that the award of N25m in favour of Baba Suwe was arbitrary, further arguing that the trial court wrongly assumed jurisdiction to hear the suit.

The agency is contending that keeping the respondent in custody between October 12 and 21, 2011, on the suspicion of drug ingestion, did not violate his rights.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/baba-suwe-vs-ndlea-appeal-court-hear-n25m-judgment-appeal-april-28/
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by Nurry: 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2013
First to comment
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 15, 2013
It took them two years to appeal the case....? Getting justice in this country is a nightmare. I hope the appeal court will address this issue swiftly and serious punitive measures taken to compensate for the waste of time
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
Nurry: First to comment
5209 8144 5336 is ur prize for coming first

I know some I'd.iots like this dude will try to load this voucher

1 Like

Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by Nurry: 7:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
mitwitdot:
5209 8144 5336 is ur prize for coming first

I know some I'd.iots like this dude will try to load this voucher

Sorry, u are the only I'd.iot. No one fell for ur sick numbers

3 Likes

Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 15, 2013
Nurry:

Sorry, u are the only I'd.iot. No one fell for ur sick numbers

I didn't expect you I.Q to be abysmally low n I apologise for calling an idi.ot ...Whatever pleasure you derived from being "the first to comment" Is your business.
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by oluwadare26(m): 8:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
Can u believe dat i'v made over 400 comments on Nairaland without no likeness! Please just "like" dis my comment.

54 Likes

Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by isaco(m): 9:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
So dis matter is still on
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by thaoriginator: 11:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
oluwadare26: Can u believe dat i'v made over 400 comments on Nairaland without no likeness! Please just "like" dis my comment.
1 likes

4 Likes

Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by simmydebadest(m): 11:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
mitwitdot: It took them two years to appeal the case....? Getting justice in this country is a nightmare. I hope the appeal court will address this issue swiftly and serious punitive measures taken to compensate for the waste of time
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by Scarpon(m): 11:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
so dem never pay this guy naija n.a. wa ooh
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by Nurry: 11:47pm On Feb 15, 2013
mitwitdot:

I didn't expect you I.Q to be abysmally low n I apologise for calling an idi.ot ...Whatever pleasure you derived from being "the first to comment" Is your business.

Jealousy, cos u cudnt make it 1st ba?

1 Like

Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by jhydebaba(m): 12:02am On Feb 16, 2013
oluwadare26: Can u believe dat i'v made over 400 comments on Nairaland without no likeness! Please just "like" dis my comment.
na new trend be this one again People go soon flood nairaland dey solicit for 'like' and others go campaign pass Buhari to get one like.

so una still dey drag this poopoo matter cheesy. Make dem sha calculate interest join the 25m.

1 Like

Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by Mojibola(m): 12:05am On Feb 16, 2013
Nurry:

Jealousy, cos u cudnt make it 1st ba?
as yu con be first nko?...wetin con happen?....woobish.
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:07am On Feb 16, 2013
& d case is taking 2 long
another mad trend just like d garri crew, 1st to comment & others. Now its an appeal 2 like a post which I v noticed 4rm several threads. This is www.nairamadness.com/
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by bestower: 12:55am On Feb 16, 2013
Somtimes i do wonder the kind of justice the average or poor men receive in this country,had it been that this man was guilty of the crime i knew quite well that he must ve been in quarter of his jail term by now.what does it takes them to pass a little judgement of this magnitude to start postponement of this case,wonders shall never to seize in this my beloveth country.africa idiot indeed!
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:58am On Feb 16, 2013
bestower: Somtimes i do wonder the kind of justice the average or poor men receive in this country,had it been that this man was guilty of the crime i knew quite well that he must ve been in quarter of his jail term by now.what does it takes them to pass a little judgement of this magnitude to start postponement of this case,wonders shall never to seize in this my beloveth country.
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by seunlayi(m): 2:55am On Feb 16, 2013
@ mod, when has nairaland turned to this? This first to comment mentality must be checked on this site.
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by hrmkz: 3:59am On Feb 16, 2013
NDLEA detaining a citizen for more than number of days allowed by law....

High court took 2yrs to deliver judgement on law suit against right infringement...

Appeal court to take about 3yrs to deliver judgement on if NDLEA to pay 25m...

Baba Suwe or NDLEA to later proceed to supreme court in 2016, to challenge the dicision of Appeal court...

Supreme court to deliver judgement in 2020.

NDLEA will later invite Baba Suwe to withdraw suit and settle for amicable resolution in 2030....

Naija.... I hail oooo

3 Likes

Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by BabaEleko(m): 4:09am On Feb 16, 2013
Baba Suwe yagbe ti.gringrin
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by Nobody: 5:22am On Feb 16, 2013
Baba Suwe mehn. grin
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by kalunomics(m): 5:44am On Feb 16, 2013
i wonder why so many litigations take time to wrap up.
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by bankyblue(m): 5:48am On Feb 16, 2013
The court should pls do me a favour by increasing that money to
To 50M. because that guy should ve done business with that money
And make a lot of interest. So the court should make them pay for
The present value of that money
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by Mentcee(m): 6:04am On Feb 16, 2013
Who is Baba Suwe? And eeeeeem....who is Goldie too?
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by Jaideyone(m): 6:25am On Feb 16, 2013
Mentcee: Who is Baba Suwe? And eeeeeem....who is Goldie too?
go to www.google.com
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by bankyblue(m): 6:25am On Feb 16, 2013
Mentcee: Who is Baba Suwe? And eeeeeem....who is Goldie too?

Mumu! Which part of the world re u from? I want to believe u re from
Aluu committee to talk of the dead like that, and also in justice done
To a man.
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by xxyz17(m): 7:03am On Feb 16, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Bros no worry, your post don get likeness from me cheesy

Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by ayoola2002(m): 7:21am On Feb 16, 2013
First fool of the day, am happy for you.
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by savanto: 7:34am On Feb 16, 2013
@Moderators,

Please do me a favour just this once. It is high time you started banning all this kids on nairaland with "I'm first to comment" it is really driving me bananas!

Please Seun, put an eye on them. Maybe when you start banning them, others will learn to GROW UP. I think we have a lot of kids here that needs to go to Mama. This is my humble request. The whole world is visiting NL for Pete's sake.

1 Like

Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by ayoola2002(m): 7:34am On Feb 16, 2013

Just make sure u contribute something meaningful, likeness will surely come ur way, also fast and pray to receive more likeness.

Finally, 2likes for uuuu.
Re: Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:41am On Feb 16, 2013
puppy

(1) (2) (Reply)

N780bn: I’ll Meet Lawmakers Today Over N50bn Payment – Shittu / Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm / Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Stop Buhari From Coming To Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.