Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 (12347 Views)

PSG Vs Chelsea : UCL (2 - 1) On 16th February 2016 / Preston Vs Manchester United FA Cup (1 - 3) On 16th February 2015 / Manchester United Vs Blackburn (2 - 3) On Saturday 31st December 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Toyboyz: 7:25pm On Feb 15, 2013
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will make a number of changes with a Champions League match against Bayern Munich on the horizon, with Jack Wilshere likely to miss outafter suffering a dead legagainst Sunderland last weekend.
Thomas Vermaelen and Laurent Koscielny are confirmed absentees alongside Kieran Gibbs, whilst Carl Jenkinson is suspended. Santi Cazorla and Theo Walcott are likely to be kept in reserve.
Manchester City loanee Karim Rekik could be in the travelling party and in-line for his Blackburn debut in north London, whilst David Bentley has also joined in time to feature.
Morten Gamst Pedersen and DJ Campbell are vyingfor a starting spot, but Michael Appleton has plenty of options at his disposal.
Oxlade-Chamberlain aware of Blackburn dangers
Arsenal winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain admits Blackburn Rovers must be approached with caution in the fifth round of the FA Cup this weekend.
The Gunners host Championship Rovers at the Emirates Stadium afterseeing off Brighton in the last round, and ‘the Ox’ believes concentration is the key to success for the Gunners against their lower-league opponents.
"I think that's the biggest danger in these games. As a professional you always try to remain 100 per cent focused, but there is a human element too, and sometimes you may lose concentration without even realising,” he told the official Arsenalprogramme .
"You have to try to maintain your normal levels, treat the opposition with respect, and I think we did that against Brighton in the last round.
“They played some good stuff, but we approached it correctly and to get through was a real show of character, especially when we saw what happened to some of the other big teams that weekend."
Despite the obvious favourites tag, Oxlade-Chamberlain knows upsets are always possible in the FA Cup, and that a lack of focus could lead to an unexpected exit.
But, with a piece of silverware getting ever closer for the Gunners, the England international believes both the fans and the manager deservea top performance.
"You never know what might happen. You alwaysget strange results and big upsets in the FA Cup especially. When a big club takes on a lower league side, anything can happen,” he added .
“If you switch off at all, and the opponents are upfor it, they will punish you. We have to give the type of performance that we owe to ourselves, thatthe fans deserve and that the manager deserves.
“If we are focused on doing that I'm sure we canget through to the next round."
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 15, 2013
How does this stop arsenal frm losing
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Toyboyz: 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2013
ayswags: How does this stop arsenal frm losing
mukina is here,u knw she hates anti-Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by luvola(m): 11:37am On Feb 16, 2013
God pls i want arsenal to be out of fa cup and also precipitately dent their next week champions league match against bayern munich...amen.
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Jerrygotswagg(m): 1:15pm On Feb 16, 2013
Guess nigeria is now better than arsenal, Nigeria dey win trophy
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Delorwah(m): 1:15pm On Feb 16, 2013
Arsenal g̶̲̥̅̊☺ hear a̶̲̥̅̊♏... Up blackburn
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Jluvu: 1:21pm On Feb 16, 2013
The FA cup is surely Arsenal´s period.
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Mblem(m): 1:24pm On Feb 16, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Akpaife(m): 1:29pm On Feb 16, 2013
Am a chelsea fans my club won UCL n FA cup last year am pround 2 be a chelsea bt aresenal never lift anytin since 8yrs I pity aresenal fans n club owner I will never be aresenal fans
Blackburn:4 Aresenal:0
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Akpaife(m): 1:32pm On Feb 16, 2013
luvola: God pls i want arsenal to be out of fa cup and also precipitately dent their next week champions league match against bayern munich...amen.
Hahahahahaha u never win FA cup n champions league u wat go carry
Mr man wake up from sleep day don break
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by frodobee: 1:34pm On Feb 16, 2013
Am seriously developing apathy towards Arsenal and all that concerns her.*anyway, i did same towards Nigeria and it paid off*
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 16, 2013
Toyboyz: mukina is here,u knw she hates anti-Arsenal.
am an arsenal fan but recently arsenal is a big dissapointment and by the way who is mukina and why are u afraid of her
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by boron10(m): 1:39pm On Feb 16, 2013
As a good business man, I've already placed my bet on Arsenal, though a great risk but the reward is worth it. A win for Arsenal will make my day. Coming from a loyal Chelsea fan
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by MrTAnonymous(m): 1:53pm On Feb 16, 2013
ayswags: am an arsenal fan but recently arsenal is a big dissapointment and by the way who is mukina and why are u afraid of her
na u talk am o,*whispering into his ear,banishment dey oh*
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by xbalm(m): 2:04pm On Feb 16, 2013
luvola: God pls i want arsenal to be out of fa cup and also precipitately dent their next week champions league match against bayern munich...amen.
C prayer abeg! Chai! U must be from Aluu

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by leofabulous(m): 2:07pm On Feb 16, 2013
I AM HUNDRED PER CENT SURE THAT FA CUP IS OURS(ARSENAL). AKPA IFE U RE FOOL INDEED, U RE MOCKING ARSENAL WIT UR SHAMEFUL SITUATION, WE RE NT COACH SACKING CLUB(CHELSEA) WE RE D GUNNERS

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by dotcomnamename: 2:18pm On Feb 16, 2013
I can't even say what will happen cos of the reserve players for Buyer Munich... Nawa for Wenger O! This is what Man United will never do. Man United will never reserve almost all their players out of FA Cup for any game... They're ready to win and beat anybody
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by pek(m): 2:23pm On Feb 16, 2013
Akpa ife: Am a chelsea fans my club won UCL n FA cup last year am pround 2 be a chelsea bt aresenal never lift anytin since 8yrs I pity aresenal fans n club owner I will never be aresenal fans
your English alone is enough to show you are a garage boy. Ode.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Presbulg(m): 2:41pm On Feb 16, 2013
Akpa ife: Am a chelsea fans my club won UCL n FA cup last year am pround 2 be a chelsea bt aresenal never lift anytin since 8yrs I pity aresenal fans n club owner I will never be aresenal fans
...who da Bleep z dz Arrow??.... Lyk ur present coach once said..''everything chelsea has won z bcuz of money''...BTW u nid an English teacher.... COYG....m a GTID

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Akpaife(m): 2:43pm On Feb 16, 2013
leofabulous: I AM HUNDRED PER CENT SURE THAT FA CUP IS OURS(ARSENAL). AKPA IFE U RE FOOL INDEED, U RE MOCKING ARSENAL WIT UR SHAMEFUL SITUATION, WE RE NT COACH SACKING CLUB(CHELSEA) WE RE D GUNNERS
UptiLl now chelsea is far better dan aresenal if u dnt no
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Presbulg(m): 2:43pm On Feb 16, 2013
...who da Zap z dz t.w.a.t??.... Lyk ur present coach once said..''everything chelsea has won z bcuz of money''...BTW u nid an English teacher.... COYG....m a GTID
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by michealade(m): 2:46pm On Feb 16, 2013
mumu..i rest my case.gbam
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Chimerase(m): 2:53pm On Feb 16, 2013
Toyboyz: mukina is here,u knw she hates anti-Arsenal.
and so angry
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by emandman: 2:59pm On Feb 16, 2013
Up arsenal
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by amlydave: 3:14pm On Feb 16, 2013
Arsene Wenger had better concentrate on achieving one trophy rather than go for two and end up losing all. With his best players he stands to beat blackburn. Now he is taking a weaker team to face them. How sure is he that his selection will succeed? How sure is he also that the players reserved for tuesday will conquer Bayern Munich? Please, let someone tell Wenger say- Na mad man dey hold two road !!!
Secondly, to all illiterate Chelsea fans who know nothing other than foolish rantings, let them get someone around them to check on wikipedia history and facts about Arsenal in comparison to Chelsea before they come in public to display their stupidity. Better clubs don't even talk rubbish how much more of you fans of a petty club run with money rather than fame and dignity.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by ubaobi: 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2013
seems u dont have better things to pray for.
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Adufaye(m): 3:40pm On Feb 16, 2013
Arsenal: Szczesny, Coquelin,
Vermaelen, Koscielny, Monreal,
Diaby, Rosicky, Arteta, Gervinho,
Oxlade-Chamberl ain, Giroud
Arsenal subs: Mannone, Sagna,
Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Walcott,
Podolski
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Adufaye(m): 4:01pm On Feb 16, 2013
kick off.....!
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Adufaye(m): 4:02pm On Feb 16, 2013
coquelin no na....soft tackle pls
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Adufaye(m): 4:09pm On Feb 16, 2013
abegi make we score1
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by Adufaye(m): 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2013
13min played
Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn - FA Cup - (0 - 1) On 16th February 2013 by edoyad(m): 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2013
Adufaye: 13min played

who be you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Watford Vs Manchester City (0 - 4) On 21st July 2020 / Southampton Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 17th May 2017 / Fulham Vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 4th November 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.