Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,862 members, 7,806,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde (9808 Views)

And .... / URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? / Delay In Clearing My Cars At Lagos Port...am I Being Scammed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
Original Title: My Humble Appeal To Anyone Who Cares To Give Me Listening Ears

I indulge your patience and time as you glance through this little but passionate write-up. I am a recent graduate whose quest to be self employed prompted me venturing into film production. 'Hardwork' was the key word and it solely earned for me a thrilling romantic blockbuster titled- "Romantic Pains" which featured sultry actresses and actors like Maureen Solomon, Prince Ekeh and Leo Mezie but to mention quite a few. To the glory of God, the film has been duely completed and every other logistics in respect to post production of the movie has been taken care of. I am set to release the film into the market scene but for slim finance at my disposal.

This plight of limited funding has propelled me visiting various financial institutions anyone can think of, family relatives, friends and associates but my efforts have repeatedly met with dead ends on the basis that I don't have collateral to secure the much needed loan of two hundred thousand naira for the mass dubbing of the film. It is even more painful and frustrating when no one believes in you and your dreams after showing preview copies of the film, flyers and jacket hopefully to cajole them to grant you the loan but yet, this effort of mine fails to bring fruition. I went talking to an ex-school mate of mine who happens to presently be in affluence owing to his illicit business tagged advance fee fraud (419 or yahoo!yahoo!) as some quarters would tag it but to my utmost surprise, he turned me down saying the only help he can offer me is to teach me how to fish for myself rather than giving me fish. Meaning, I join him in his dubious venture and become a fraudster. Now I seem to be more fraustrated just as the hands of the clock ticks and I am tempted to ask questions;

why is it that the Nigerian institutional framework is structured in a way that does not reward hardwork? Why do we hate to give people with little ideas trial? Why do enthrone mediocracy in place of meritocracy? Why do we perceive every Nigerian whose name doesn't ring bell in the society as lesser being and isn't worth investing on? How can we create employment aside from white-collar jobs when the environment and society isn't generally encouraging?

Why won't fresh Nigerian graduates take to crime to eke a living as a result of frustration?

Imagine, I have been scammed here once by one guy JOHN ASEKOME TUNDE by name on the pretence of trying to assist me with a loan facility. Out of burning desire to secure the loan, I defilled all caution and paid into his account money which he claimed where meant to be the bank transfer charges. I couldn't have stayed back and watch the opportunity slip away off me and so I decided to give it a trial. Besides, I couldn't have forgiven myself if I hadn't taken that risk.

I look at all this and I can't help but imagine what is this nation of ours is erroneously turning into. God help us

5 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Nobody: 6:21am On Feb 16, 2013
souleymon: You wrote that you are in yahoo yahoo.
If you are, then u r bn slaughtered with same knife
please read raptly between the lines. I said a friend of mine wanted to introduce me into advance fee fraud as a bid to get me the much needed fund to do business and not that I was into such dispeakable act. Thanks
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Chrisvicmall: 7:29am On Feb 16, 2013
Vision2017:
Why won't fresh Nigerian graduates take to crime to eke a living as a result of frustration?

If that is the only solution that you are thinking, then I wonder why you went to the university at the first place. Tell me exactly why someone should call you a graduate when you haven't understand that one of the reasons you went to university is to serve/give your family,community, and the world a better future. You shouldn't use frustration to justify a crime. There are men and women who find themselves in worst situation compare to what you are facing right now. History shows that most successful men today struggled hard to achieve what they have today. Nothing good come easy my brother.

I believe that you paid the actors, you paid for the equipments you used, you made for other expenses but why do you have to go this far when you know that there is not enough capital to complete the project.

My advice to you is, since the money isn't there right now for you to produce your movie, put it aside and think of a way to earn money legitimately. Look around you and think of the service you can offer to people. You can teach what you studied in your university, you can sell products to people but don't loose focus to your big dream which is movie production. When you start offering service to people, try building the trust between you and your customers. With time you will achieve what you want.

Finally, I strongly recommend that read one inspirational book each week. It will keep you focus.

From my heart, I wish you the best of luck and hope to read about your success someday.

7 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 16, 2013
@Chrisvicmall and Souleymon, I think you people are suffering from a low IQ because from what I briefly scanned on his write up, the guy never mentioned that he actually went into fraud. He's only narrating his experience with a personal friend and also giving a situational report on his business and all you guys are here lampooning him.
Abeg if you don't have anything positive to contribute please just pass.

@OP all I can say is patience is a virtue. Be more strategic with you plans and execution and you will surely get a positive result.
No one succeeds in business without patience so cool down and some up with better plans with and excellent strategy to execute it. Trust me no one will help you if you go around begging. Instead, focus on making money through other means and then invest it into your money.

you might even do a very catchy preview and approach corporate organisations for sponsorship.
Trust me, if you have the right package, they will fund you.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Chrisvicmall: 8:15am On Feb 16, 2013
@Brand New,

Tell me exactly where I accused the guy of defrauding people. I am only trying to critize the guy for seeing reasons with those that commit crime and blame on frustration. If you failed to understand me, I apologize for my poor communication.

Besides, your advice and mine is still the same. Does it mean that all of us (including you) has nothing positive to contribute to the guy?

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Seun(m): 8:56am On Feb 16, 2013
I have posted this thread to the home page because, as I said earlier, Nairaland Forum is committed to exposing scammers & fraudsters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by collins123(m): 8:57am On Feb 16, 2013
[size=14pt]Stupeed bigots on Nairaland nowadays.[/size]

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 16, 2013
These people should be banned when noticed immediately.
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by mascot87(m): 9:02am On Feb 16, 2013
Seun: I have posted this thread to the home page because, as I said earlier, Nairaland Forum is committed to exposing scammers & fraudsters.
I am proud of you Seun cheesy
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Tinyemeka(m): 9:03am On Feb 16, 2013
@ OP, you should have stuck to point and give details of what transpired between you and the fraudster. Instead of all those long paragraphs on issues totally unrelated to the thread topic.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by scopusng(m): 9:07am On Feb 16, 2013
Who is JOHN ASEKOME TUNDE?
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by surveyProf(m): 9:09am On Feb 16, 2013
Vision2017: Original Title: My Humble Appeal To Anyone Who Cares To Give Me Listening Ears

I indulge your patience and time as you glance through this little but passionate write-up. I am a recent graduate whose quest to be self employed prompted me venturing into film production. 'Hardwork' was the key word and it solely earned for me a thrilling romantic blockbuster titled- "Romantic Pains" which featured sultry actresses and actors like Maureen Solomon, Prince Ekeh and Leo Mezie but to mention quite a few. To the glory of God, the film has been duely completed and every other logistics in respect to post production of the movie has been taken care of. I am set to release the film into the market scene but for slim finance at my disposal.

This plight of limited funding has propelled me visiting various financial institutions anyone can think of, family relatives, friends and associates but my efforts have repeatedly met with dead ends on the basis that I don't have collateral to secure the much needed loan of two hundred thousand naira for the mass dubbing of the film. It is even more painful and frustrating when no one believes in you and your dreams after showing preview copies of the film, flyers and jacket hopefully to cajole them to grant you the loan but yet, this effort of mine fails to bring fruition. I went talking to an ex-school mate of mine who happens to presently be in affluence owing to his illicit business tagged advance fee fraud (419 or yahoo!yahoo!) as some quarters would tag it but to my utmost surprise, he turned me down saying the only help he can offer me is to teach me how to fish for myself rather than giving me fish. Meaning, I join him in his dubious venture and become a fraudster. Now I seem to be more fraustrated just as the hands of the clock ticks and I am tempted to ask questions;

why is it that the Nigerian institutional framework is structured in a way that does not reward hardwork? Why do we hate to give people with little ideas trial? Why do enthrone mediocracy in place of meritocracy? Why do we perceive every Nigerian whose name doesn't ring bell in the society as lesser being and isn't worth investing on? How can we create employment aside from white-collar jobs when the environment and society isn't generally encouraging?

Imagine, I have been scammed here once by one guy JOHN ASEKOME TUNDE by name on the pretence of trying to assist me with a loan facility. Out of burning desire to secure the loan, I defilled all caution and paid into his account money which he claimed where meant to be the bank transfer charges. I couldn't have stayed back and watch the opportunity slip away off me and so I decided to give it a trial. Besides, I couldn't have forgiven myself if I hadn't taken that risk.

I look at all this and I can't help but imagine what is this nation of ours is erroneously turning into. God help us

Thank you for your write-up/complain, can you please prove to us beyond reasonable doubt by way of scanning the payment teller to John Akekome's bank account? with this we will take it up from there.

Thank you....
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 16, 2013
Seun: I have posted this thread to the home page because, as I said earlier, Nairaland Forum is committed to exposing scammers & fraudsters.
Seun,where have you been?
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by dabigwalls: 9:12am On Feb 16, 2013
@Seun, the credibility and power that Nairaland will retain for years ahead will be based on how well the forum wards off criminalities, frauds and false pretences. I support your action of using the Homepage to channel the forum to a high level of credibility and offer to help where necessary in capacities that I can.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by KokoBeware: 9:13am On Feb 16, 2013

Soo much WHY'ssss...."little ideas" if not packaged well will remain just that...even oyibo dey do "credit rating" before you can borrow money..so forget its not a NIGERIAN thing..
Its YOUR DREAMS you cant force anyone to believe in it... also as someone rightly said Packaging is the key.... i think you have not been able to convince people to believe in you...how much did you spend to shoot the movie its just seems strange that after all that 200k is the main problem??
...why should they believe your movie will sell?? why should someone tie down 200k if the movie doesnt sell?? approach your next financier with answers to those questions and you might be lucky...

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Rooneyboy(m): 9:14am On Feb 16, 2013

I'm loving the bolded cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by ebamma(m): 9:14am On Feb 16, 2013
na wash, how many times were scammers chop my money for here,

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 16, 2013

I went talking to an ex-school mate of mine who happens to
presently be in affluence owing to his illicit business tagged advance
fee fraud (419 or yahoo!yahoo!) as some quarters would tag it but to my utmost surprise, he turned me down saying the only help he can offer me is to teach me how to fish for myself rather than giving me fish. Meaning, I join him in his dubious venture and become a fraudster.

Lol. So you KNEW beforehand that he was a 'yahoo yahoo' guy, and you purport to be too 'holy' to join his hustle, and YET you shamelessly went to ask him for his yahoo yahoo money? You regard his 'venture' as "dubious", but you wouldn't have minded benefitting from some of it's dubious proceeds? This is hypocrisy at its best.

Imagine, I have been scammed here once by one guy JOHN ASEKOME
TUNDE by name on the pretence of trying to assist me with a loan
facility. Out of burning desire to secure the loan, I defilled all caution and paid into his account money which he claimed where meant to be the bank transfer charges. I couldn't have stayed back and watch the opportunity slip away off me and so I decided to give it a trial.

Smh. You must be a learner and a 'jew man'. This is why it is important to keep your ears to the ground and interact with people from the street - including the likes of your yahoo yahoo friend: You would learn invaluable lessons from them and increase your street wisdom. How would you rush to pay so-called bank transfer charges for money you have not yet received? This is one of the stale tricks used by scammers - that's why it is called 'advance fee' fraud. You would have known better if you were not so self-righteous.

10 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Rooneyboy(m): 9:19am On Feb 16, 2013
KokoBeware:

Soo much WHY'ssss...."little ideas" if not packaged well will remain just that...even oyibo dey do "credit rating" before you can borrow money..so forget its not a NIGERIAN thing..
Its YOUR DREAMS you cant force anyone to believe in it... also as someone rightly said Packaging is the key.... i think you have not been able to convince people to believe in you...how much did you spend to shoot the movie its just seems strange that after all that 200k is the main problem??
...why should they believe your movie will sell?? why should someone tie down 200k if the movie doesnt sell?? approach your next financier with answers to those questions and you might be lucky...

I don't know y one naughty cricket in my brain is telling me that the poster is not genuinely looking for funds, but to milk people that might me moved by his epistle.

Just a slim 200k poster, haba ! Really bro, its very difficult believing u.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Skywalker5(m): 9:30am On Feb 16, 2013
Vision2017: Original Title: My Humble Appeal To Anyone Who Cares To Give Me Listening Ears

Maybe its just me but there is something fishy about your story.
The topic was about you being scammed yet the content was 90% about how people refused to help you live your dreams
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Tyche(m): 9:31am On Feb 16, 2013
pro01:

Lol. So you KNEW beforehand that he was a 'yahoo yahoo' guy, and you purport to be too 'holy' to join his hustle, and YET you shamelessly went to ask him for his yahoo yahoo money? You regard his 'venture' as "dubious", but you wouldn't have minded benefitting from some of it's dubious proceeds? This is hypocrisy at its best.

No mind the niqqa, if the yahoo boy had given him the money, no body would have known.

Phucking hyprocite.
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Seun(m): 9:35am On Feb 16, 2013
Tinyemeka: @ OP, you should have stuck to point and give details of what transpired between you and the fraudster. Instead of all those long paragraphs on issues totally unrelated to the thread topic.

Sky-walker:
Maybe its just me but there is something fishy about your story.
The topic was about you being scammed yet the content was 90% about how people refused to help you live your dreams

This is my fault. The original title was:
Original Title: My Humble Appeal To Anyone Who Cares To Give Me Listening Ears

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by shakaz(m): 9:37am On Feb 16, 2013
surveyProf:

Thank you for your write-up/complain, can you please prove to us beyond reasonable doubt by way of scanning the payment teller to John Akekome's bank account? with this we will take it up from there.

Thank you....
A nice approach there.It is a nice feeling knowing that someone is willing to help.
A friend of mine was also scammed by one Mr. Benjamin Uduak Effiong, who claims he is a custom officer in Lagos..If it is okay by you I can talk him into scanning the payment teller.
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 16, 2013
@ OP, you can walk up to any of these marketers @ alaba or idumota. They will buy it and handle the marketing and distribution.
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by KokoBeware: 9:53am On Feb 16, 2013
Rooneyboy:

I don't know y one naughty cricket in my brain is telling me that the poster is not genuinely looking for funds, but to milk people that might me moved by his epistle.

Just a slim 200k poster, haba ! Really bro, its very difficult believing u.

True talk bros.....It reaaly seems very hard to believe..and can easily understand why he is beein refused..
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by dridowu: 9:54am On Feb 16, 2013
Using unemployment to justify crime is insane
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Connoisseur(m): 9:57am On Feb 16, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Just a [b]slim 200k
poster, haba ! Really bro, its very difficult believing u. [/b]

@bold to some people, 200k may be slim but a womwn spent 1 extra week after delivery cos the husband cldnt afford 35k hospital bill. guess u' ve never been in those shoes?

Meanwhile its very difficult to believe the poster.after all the money u ve spent; equipments, location, payroll, logistics. 200k shouldnt be hard to come by for u
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Tinyemeka(m): 10:02am On Feb 16, 2013
Seun:

This is my fault. The original title was:
K. It all makes sense now. Considering other topics posted by the OP.

@ OP (Ugbor right?), I'd have said you should approach a MicroFinance but getting the facility might be difficult. I'm assuming you are not into salaried jobs.

See someone who knows some of these bankers. You might get some assistance through that line. At an interest rate of course. Mind you, I mean bankers. Not the bank.

Forget your Yahoo Yahoo boy. He will only buy you beer and peppersoup.
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by phadat(m): 10:08am On Feb 16, 2013
I don't see why berating the guy will solve his problem, no one asked to see the flick if its a worthwhile venture to invest in and its only one poster that asked for the handle of the assumed fraudster at op why not post the guys handle see if pple might be of help in retrieving the said money u paid to his acc
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by offshoreking: 10:10am On Feb 16, 2013
Believe me this message its a well compose formant. This guy is trying to fraud people 200k, only God knows how many people that will fall for this. The poster if i'm lying try to give us more prove that u are for real. Admin pls verify this guy very well before someone lose his/her money here. if any complain come in here that this guy fraud people, i will definitely hold u (admin) responsible for that. God blessed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3)

Let Me Show You How To Make 1btc In 2weeks Free / Forever Living Product - Is It A Scam? / Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.