Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

3rd Class Degree Holders& Banking Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 3rd Class Degree Holders& Banking Career (8777 Views)

Banking Career + Masters Pursuit In Abuja, How Tenable? / How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? / With Third Class Degree Is Their Any Hope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3rd Class Degree Holders& Banking Career by jamonkey: 5:28pm On May 03, 2006
how can a 3rd class degree holder who has ambition 4 a banking career hope 2 realize his/her dream&does it make any sense having 2 get back 2 school 2 get a 2.1 2 fulfil dis dream,send reply 2 adigunna@yahoo.co.uk
Re: 3rd Class Degree Holders& Banking Career by DOYI: 2:13pm On May 11, 2006
PALLY THAT NA LIKE THE PROVERBIAL CAMEL PASSING THRU THE EYE OF THE NEEDLE!

SAYING ITS IMPOSSIBLE IS TO SAY THE LEAST!, BUT U NEVER CAN TELL, IM SURE ZENITH WONT HESITATE TO SOMEONE WIT THAT DEGREE A JOB IF SHE /HE PROMISES, AND CAN ACTUALLY DELIVER!
Re: 3rd Class Degree Holders& Banking Career by Edken: 8:07pm On May 14, 2006
Bros,the sky is your starting point
Check out the list of men that have third class, and how successful they are

1 Gani Fawehmi(SAN) Legal Luminary in Nigeria

2 James Ibori (Delta State Governor)
Re: 3rd Class Degree Holders& Banking Career by dearie(m): 11:32am On May 26, 2006
Hey, Never give up, What makes a man is not, not falling, but ability to rise again after each fall. It may appear difficult, but with persevearance, u will get there.
However, while u are trying to get something doing for urself, u can try seeing if u can manage to get a PGD to elevate ur chances, Like someone earlier said, there are great pple today that finished with such results but didnt allow it to weigh them down.
Be Confident and have faith, that is what pleases God, and u will make it. If Women that are certified barren by Doctors because they damaged their wombs or even completely had their wombs removed, can end up giving birth to babies, why not! U will make it, Be Strong!
All the best!
Re: 3rd Class Degree Holders& Banking Career by tetede: 6:43pm On May 27, 2006
hey
it cud be very frustrating, i can't say it is impossible but i will advice u 2 look elsewhere or takes 2 dearie advice.See, it is not only banking industyr that reject 3rd but almost all d organization in this country. Think of something else to do while waiting 4 the miracle.
Talking 4rm experience.
Re: 3rd Class Degree Holders& Banking Career by otokx(m): 5:30pm On Aug 13, 2006
@jamonkey

why should we send the reply to your email?
Re: 3rd Class Degree Holders& Banking Career by crito(m): 12:44am On Aug 14, 2006
with luck and God anything is possible.
Re: 3rd Class Degree Holders& Banking Career by dremoney(m): 3:58am On Dec 26, 2007
dunno wat to say
Re: 3rd Class Degree Holders& Banking Career by Blackcat(f): 3:09pm On Dec 26, 2007
Edken:

Bros,the sky is your starting point
Check out the list of men that have third class, and how successful they are

1 Gani Fawehmi(SAN) Legal Luminary in Nigeria

2 James Ibori (Delta State Governor)

I hear say Gani Fawehmi(SAN) Legal Luminary in Nigeria been get pass oh not third class oh lipsrsealed
Re: 3rd Class Degree Holders& Banking Career by POLOMAMANI: 3:17pm On Jan 31, 2008
Hello Pally,

in reply to your earlier post about your 3rd class degree, i feel your grade should not be a deterrant to what you have set out to be in life. Speaking from experience, i graduated with a 3rd class degree, not because i was dull in school, but due to some circumstances, which were beyond me at that point (which i would not want to discuss). I went ahead to work for one of the big 4 accounting firms, then later a bank . Right now , I am a Financial Advisor and the Irony of it all was that, after my first employment, my grade was not an issue anymore, in fact, at one interview i once attended, the panel were so impressed with my performance that , i was never asked for my grade. Here are a few tips for getting into employment, if   you find yourself with a 3rd class degree.

a)When preparing your resume, do not indicate your class of degree, JUST put BSc Hons.
b)Always prepare well for any aptitude test you are invited to and make sure you make the first 10 top marks in the test.
c)Never be afraid to start with any job, so far as you are getting some relevant experience. For many years, I had to put    experience before pay, now , the rest is history.
d) Always try and develop as many transferrable skills as possible, it could be in IT, Sales or Customer Service and clearly emphasise this in your resume. Also get a professional certification.
e) Finally, put everything before God, cos He is the only one that can turn the impossible to possible.

The list of 3rd class degree holders is inexhaustible and I cant list them here. I had a friend, who graduated and served (NYSC) with me some years back. Apparently, we had the same problem and 6 years after graduation, he's a top staff for one of the top  3 telecoms firms in Nigeria, but based outside Nigeria.

I wish you all the best in your search

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Class Degree Holders& Banking Career by ladani: 1:11pm On Feb 04, 2008
hey,,,thats not the end of the world, u still have good chances to make a greaat career, just be focused and study harder fo your pgd programs, use the tips given by homm, am sure it wuld do u good,

(1) (Reply)

15 Tips For Your First Day At Work / Not All Roles Are Advertised: The Importance Of Speculative Applications / Contract Staff In An Insurance Company Or A Restaurant Management Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.