Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,742 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities (23230 Views)

The Most Romantic Gift You Have Ever Received?... / Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by 190: 3:44pm On Feb 16, 2013
Nigerian girls has ruined our chances grin grin
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by logica(m): 3:44pm On Feb 16, 2013
Brand_new: There was once a list publiShed by Yahoo that had Nigeria in it. What happened to that one?
Is "sexy accent" the same as "romantic"?

1 Like

Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by shadyJ: 3:48pm On Feb 16, 2013
Always thought Italians had nice-sounding names..
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Asis(m): 3:48pm On Feb 16, 2013
rokiatu: grin
dem wan pluck out dere lips?lolz 9ja na no1 o
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 16, 2013
coolzeal:

Well, have you visited all the 54 countries in Africa to make such a sweep generalization..

no need to, majority of Africans are the same.

They even called romance "bulls**hit"
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by condralbede(m): 3:48pm On Feb 16, 2013
Paschal007: And the attitude of most Nigerians girls are not helping matters! grin grin
you have said it all.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Asis(m): 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2013
Kaxmytex: [size=28pt]4 my own list..9ja na no 1[/size]
[img]http://2.bp..com/_1ulbIaC85vo/TAEYjytLu6I/AAAAAAAAAcE/aihDYrMQSNQ/s1600/African+kiss.jpg[/img]
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by bendazum: 3:53pm On Feb 16, 2013
valicious1:
I bin wan reply u but wetin I kari 4mind to tell u go make u ban me for 5years angry

lol
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 16, 2013
striktlymi:

Ask CNN!
i asked cnn and i got no reply and am asking u again how did u arrive at ur conclusion
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by yyb14: 3:55pm On Feb 16, 2013
ubaobi: the french should be number one followed by italy....as for nigerians;.,., poverty and romance do not go together. an average nigerian girl is looking for the highest bidder. grin
GBAM!!!
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by 1manssquard(m): 3:57pm On Feb 16, 2013
sexkillz: Where is Nigeria on that list? angry

Open d next page u wil c mama nkechi an papa nkechi 4 dere nah
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by ebamma(m): 3:59pm On Feb 16, 2013
rokiatu:

women are raped all around the world.
Me thinks the only thing u know about india is their love movies.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Onyi17(f): 4:02pm On Feb 16, 2013
It doesn't ve anytin 2 do with attitude dude,u ppl do not have that kind of mentality...even wit sex,u feel gruntin like a pig and gettin off in seconds satisfies ur gal. The gals ova there do not have better attitude. Nigerian guys suck wen it comes 2 romance.

3 Likes

Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Proffdada: 4:06pm On Feb 16, 2013
Kaxmytex: [size=28pt]4 my own list..9ja na no 1[/size]
[img]http://2.bp..com/_1ulbIaC85vo/TAEYjytLu6I/AAAAAAAAAcE/aihDYrMQSNQ/s1600/African+kiss.jpg[/img]

Why r the ladies aiming for d lower lip?
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by MrsChima1(f): 4:08pm On Feb 16, 2013
rokiatu: Is no suprise that no African nation made it. grin

LMAO! grin grin grin

I am kind of surprised that any African countries that are heavily influenced by French culture...didn't make it. Hmm.

I agree on the Spain being number one. France should have been second.

1 Like

Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Hackboy1(m): 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2013
Man: I am getting married.
How would I know if my wife
is a virgin?
Doc Akpos : Get a Virginity
test kit.
Man: What's that?
Doc Akpos : Get a Can of Red
Paint, a can of Blue Paint and
a hammer.
Man: What ? Are you mad?
Doc Akpos: Paint your right
Ball Red and Left Ball Blue
and as you remove your
underwear, if your wife says,
'that's the strangest pair of
balls
I've ever seen",
Hit her head with the
hammer!
read more

5 Likes

Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by kandiikane(m): 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2013
Mrs..Chima:

LMAO! grin grin grin

I am kind of surprised that any African countries that are heavily influenced by French culture...didn't make it. Hmm.

I agree on the Spain being number one. France should have been second.

I know right. Asked the same thing.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by vanstanzy(m): 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2013
Nigeria suppose follow na, we sabi make babies. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by yyb14: 4:11pm On Feb 16, 2013
striktlymi: For some, it’s a bunch of roses (never carnations); for others, a weekend break in a mountain cabin. For others still, romance comes in the form of a cold beer on the couch and “Die Hard” on the TV. He kisses her in the end …So to some extent romance is a subjective concept. But there are some people for whom it's not just an act saved up for special occasions, it’s a way of life, a never-ending journey, and they are forever trying to buy a ticket to your heart.

And when you are on the road, those foreign fellow travelers or locals always seem to have something that the girls or blokes back home are missing. So here they are -- the world’s most romantic people. If you didn’t make the list, consider it a let-off. Because the pressure’s now on these guys to be the most charming flirts in the world.

10. Vietnamese

Look past the often harsh-sounding language and the fact he picked you up on his dad’s scooter and you’ll find a nation as romantic as any. Here, however, the meaning of amour is skewed depending on your gender. While the guys lay the syrup on thick in the form of love poems, drippy texts and gifts of giant teddy bears, a good proportion of them have as many love interests as they have SIM cards to keep them compartmentalized.

9. Irish

When slushy novel publisher Mills & Boon ran a poll to find the world’s most romantic nationalities in 2009, the inclusion of the Irish in the top three came as a surprise to some -– not least to the Irish themselves. Self-deprecation and not self-aggrandizement is generally the way they do things in the Emerald Isle. But it’s exactly that “Oh I didn’t mean to charm you, but I guess I did” smile that wins them a spot here.

8. Swedish

The Swedes’ egalitarian approach to romancing offers hope to folk without sultry Latin looks or silver-tongued repartee. Famed for his well-scrubbed appearance, the secret weapon of the Swedish male is not his golden mane or perfect teeth but his willingness to do his thing with a duster. A recent study of 12 countries by Oxford University economist Almudena Sevilla-Sanz found that Swedish males’ enlightened attitudes toward gender roles make them the best potential husbands in the developed world.

7. American

Look past the Crocs, morbid obesity and Lycra-clad wrestlers and you’ll find that the United States practically invented the modern lovelorn teenager. American innovations such as drive-in cinemas, mass production of the automobile and the nurturing of musical genres from jazz to house added frisson to courtship rituals that had till then been the domain of only those who could recite Shakespeare or dance ballroom. At its heart, the American dream is fueled by an aching tenderness.

6. Lebanese

They are different from the rest of the Arab world and they know it. Blessed with olive skin, soulful dark eyes and smoldering looks (not to mention a penchant by some for surgical enhancement), the Lebanese make full use of their physical attributes. Combine this with Beirut, the region’s most liberal capital with a ton of slick nightspots, and you have the ingredients for a host of sexy, but classy, encounters. Just wear something bright -- there’s a fair chance he’ll be wearing expensive shades.

5. Brazilian

Take a measure of caipirinha-fueled debauchery and balance it with a shot of saudade –- a word that roughly translates into English as a deep emotional state of nostalgic longing -– and you are on the way to understanding Brazil’s romantic appeal. The Brazilians are not shy about sex; witness the ass shaking that goes on at carnival (and much of the rest of the time) and the many themed love motels catering to lusty couples. But, as anyone who has watched the nation’s football team, caught a samba band or watched the stars above Corcovado in Rio knows, there’s as much emphasis on sensuality as there is on straight-up rumpo.

4. French

It’s a predictable cliché but just like American brashness and Australian beer worship, the French fluency in "la langue de l’amour" is not just a myth. The combination of a seductive capital city, a history drenched in heroism and a laissez-faire vocal brogue makes resisting a Frenchman’s pass even less likely than the chance he won’t try it on. Throw in their appreciation for life’s fine things and you can occasionally even find yourself declaring their physical shortcomings (see Serge Gainsbourg, Gérard Depardieu) and fiery temper as “endearing.”

3. Italian

When Madonna famously sported a T-shirt emblazoned with the slogan “Italians Do It Better” she wasn’t referring to pasta sauce. The word “romance” originally meant from or about Rome, which means that, by default, just about anything Italian is considered romantic. Notwithstanding Tuscan blood cake and prices in Milan -- two obvious turn-offs -- you’d be hard-pressed to resist the evocative landscapes, the rich history and the vowelgasmic accent.

2. Argentine

With a lineage heavily drawn from both Italy and Spain, it’s no wonder many Argentines consider themselves superior to both when it comes to wooing the opposite sex. More than any other Latin American nation, the country has traditionally looked to Europe for cultural inspiration; the fire and passion, not to mention the propensity for dramatics, associated with its two main foreign influences are very much evident. The perfect expression of Argentine romanticism can be found in the tango -– arguably the world’s most sensuous dance -– but is detectable in everything from the heady red wines to the sublime football skills of stars such as Diego Maradona and Lionel Messi.

1. Spanish

Europe’s most convincing Casanovas, the Spanish, are often overlooked in favor of the French and the Italians. They shouldn’t be. Sure, the ongoing popularity of the mullet hairstyle and its hideous near cousin, the rat-tail, counts against the Iberians, but they are more than willing to showcase plenty of charm-positive attributes to offset these follicular sins. Consider its rambunctious eating and drinking scene -- perhaps the liveliest and most social on the planet -- ponder its flamenco; dwell upon the three-hour lunch breaks and ear-melting linguistics, and you have a people that appear to focus every task in life with bringing man and woman together.

http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/life/valentines/most-romantic-nationalities-807423
na lie
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by vanstanzy(m): 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2013
SA wey dey make mouth PRAA! PRAA!! PRAA!!! no even follow. grin grin grin
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by MrsChima1(f): 4:15pm On Feb 16, 2013
France and Spain are the epitome of Romance.

1 Like

Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by solomon111(m): 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2013
rokiatu: By the way India should be on the list.
India romantic?
Lol.
Someone has been watching too much bollywood.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by vanstanzy(m): 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2013
victorazy: Someone should lie to me this guy is not romantic

"Na who dey always delete this pic"

What nonsense is this na? Commot this pic before we start throwing-up allover this thread. angry angry angry MODs' abeg

come to our rescue.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by sweetnigga(m): 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2013
striktlymi:

Why India? Are they that romantic?
Indians are not romantic, what u see them do is TV programme and not reality. U'll confirm when u go 2 their country.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2013
There's little about the Nigerian nation, landmarks and architecture, art, culture, history or it's people that evokes romance. That's the bitter truth people. There aren't many sane people around the world who would travel to Nigeria for a romantic getaway or honeymoon and there's a reason why. They'd rather go to Paris, Venice, Florence, Ibiza, the Swiss Alps, Miami, Rio de Janeiro etc.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by solomon111(m): 4:21pm On Feb 16, 2013
Latin America holds the title when it comes to romance.
Italy,america,france,lebanon are not even close.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 16, 2013
vanstanzy: SA wey dey make mouth PRAA! PRAA!! PRAA!!! no even follow. grin grin grin

If they had made it then the list would have been very false considering the rate of abuse of women in SA. Over 70% of women admit to have been sex.ually molested in SA.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by TenKobo1: 4:23pm On Feb 16, 2013
rokiatu:

yep they are.

That slow kinda sexual romance.
I believe the Indians you know are the ones you see in movies and hear in tales. India? romantic? with all the spitting, coughing and the recklessness with human waste. Spit! Spit!!!1

1 Like

Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2013
sexkillz: Where is Nigeria on that list? angry

I think Nigerians focus more on 'love' rather than romance!
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by solomon111(m): 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2013
Obi1kenobi: There's little about the Nigerian nation, landmarks and architecture, art, culture, history or it's people that evokes romance. That's the bitter truth people. There aren't many sane people around the world who would travel to Nigeria for a romantic getaway or honeymoon and there's a reason why. They'd rather go to Paris, Venice, Florence, Ibiza, the Swiss Alps, Miami, Rio de Janeiro etc.
if you are talking about the Eurocentric definition of romance,then Nigeria/Africa are not romantic.
Re: World's 10 Most Romantic Nationalities by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 16, 2013
rokiatu: Is no suprise that no African nation made it. grin
We are not romantic so am nt suprise we did,nt make d list.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Nextdoor Neighbour Moans So Loud During Sex With Her Man, I Cant Sleep (video / Don’t Be A “Mumu” In Love / 7 Valid Reasons Why Nigerian Men Date Fat Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.