Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

The Tactics Of Fake Faith Healers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tactics Of Fake Faith Healers (8648 Views)

What Women Pass Through In The Hands Of Fake Prophets(pictured) / Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? / Exposition Of The Occult Prophets And Healers In The Organizational Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Tactics Of Fake Faith Healers by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 14, 2008
Saw this interesting read here http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Doctrines/benny_hinn.htm so i thought i should share it with you guys grin

[b]Mailing List Crusades - Believe it or not the primary purpose of a faith healing crusade is to obtain new names for the fake healer's mailing list. A major source of income for a faith healing ministry is derived from their mail order business such as books, tapes, and love gifts. The big fish are "love partners" that can be deceived into sending in monthly donations, revenue from tax returns, estate sales, and even Living Trusts.

The Anointing, Selling The Act - Watch a Benny Hinn faith healing service and you will hear over and over again, "God told me." Fake healers sell their act by giving the impression that they are speaking to God and hearing from Him personally. After all if God talks to them they must be legitimate. Kenneth Copeland goes so far as to stop right in the middle of his speech saying, "Yes, yes, okay, thank you Sir," to give the impression that God just told Kenny something. Kenny quickly follows this up by interjecting some revelation on planting "financial seeds," with his ministry of course.

Tongues - Faith healers want people to believe they can perform miracles. To build this false impression they imitate as often as possible the gifts of the Spirit given to the early church. Have you ever heard someone speak in tongues during a service? This is done to show that they are legitimate because they have the "anointing." I have listened to many people babbling like a one-year-old but I have never heard someone actually speak with the gift of tongues. Am I saying these people are putting on an act? You bet I am. The Biblical gift of tongues is the ability for people to hear the gospel in their language when someone else speaks in their language. This gift helped the Apostles spread the gospel around the world. I do not believe anyone has the gift of tongues today. To anyone that claims to speak in tongues I say lets put it to the Biblical test, put up or shut up!

Slaying, The Takedown - If you have seen a Benny Hinn faith healing service you will see Benny blow on people and tap them on the head and they will fall down to the ground. Sometimes Benny blows to the audience and whole sections fall over in their seats. Charismatics call this "slain in the spirit." Actually what you are witnessing is a trained emotional response that has nothing to do with the Holy Spirit. Charismatics are people that lack real faith so they seek an outward sign. God is not going to give them a sign so the charismatic movement has been forced to fake tongues, healing, laying on of hands, and slaying in the spirit. Slaying in the spirit is like doing the wave at a ball game. Charismatics practice this their whole lives and they accept it as normal. Sometimes a fake healer gets someone that won't go down because they have never played the slaying game before. This is when attendants simply give them a little push on the back of the legs while the fake pushes on their forehead to force them to fall down backwards. In football this cheap shot is called a high low tackle.
"Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' Matthew 7:22-23

Celebrity Testimonials - Another way of selling the faith healer is to use testimonials from celebrities. Heavyweight champion Evander Hollyfield is a favorite of Benny Hinn. Supposedly Benny healed Evander's heart problems. It has now come to light that Evander was misdiagnosed in the first place.

Enablers - Unbeknownst to most is that several of the "miraculously healed" at faith healing services are actually supporting actors that travel along with the rest of the cast on the "faith-healing" circuit. These "enablers" help sell the act by presenting themselves as someone cured by Mr. or Mrs. Fake Healer. They are perfectly healthy individuals. But prior to a show they will take up positions on stage or in the audience with their props, typically crutches or a wheelchair. Many enablers put on disguises and die their hair from service to service to keep from being recognized.

Discernment - There is no miracle associated with how fake healers "discern" illnesses during a service. Information is gathered in several ways. Primarily data is collected on prayer requests prior to a service. This information is augmented by interviews by an assistant and someone pretending to be a doctor validating their condition and perhaps miracle. All the information collected by the faith healing team is passed on to the fake healer. The team is actually in control of the show. They provide the data required to pull off an illusion of miracles. When you see a group of people all sitting in the same brand of stripped down wheelchair it is because the wheelchairs are owned by the fake healer's ministry. Truly disabled persons spend much of their lives in a wheelchair so naturally they equip it for their specific needs. Assistants "suggest" to some people that they should sit down in the wheelchair so they can be wheeled up to the stage. A skilled faith healer will also use tricks like asking people to raise their arms in praise to help identify those with limited arm movement.

Crib Sheets - The most popular way to get discerning information to the fake healer is to put it in writing on crib sheets. Crib sheets are cheat sheets used by cheaters. Many times they will actually leave the crib sheets on the podium during the service. But you can bet they are destroyed like top secret documents after the service. W. V. Grant's was finally exposed when his crib sheets were handpicked out of some trash. You can bet crib sheets are put through a shredder today.

Hand Gestures - Fake healers frequently use hand gestures to signal assistants for a new set of crib sheets or data to be used to "discern" an illness of another victim. Following the hand gesture you will see assistants whispering information to the faith healer and bringing a new victim on stage.

Code Words - Code words like saying "Amen, Amen, Amen," are also used to signal assistants when a new "revelation" is required. Elizabeth Popoff electronically transmitted messages on cue from a database to a miniature receiver in Peter Popoff's ear during his faith healing services. This allowed Peter to miraculously "discern" health information. The Popoff ministry was expose one day when some of these electronic messages were recorded and made public on CNN.

The Shotgun Technique - Another method used to create an illusion of discernment is the shotgun technique. The fake healer simply announces that a certain number of people in the audience are being healed of a certain disease, without ever specifying who they are.

The Leg-Stretching Miracle - A favorite illusion of fake healers is the leg-stretching miracle. The fake announces that a subject has a "short leg" that needs to be adjusted. He brings the person on stage and seats him in a chair. Next the fake performs a simple carnival trick. As the subject sits the fake twists his hand so that one shoe or boot is slightly off the foot (the farther one) and the other shoe is pressed tightly against the sole. By reversing the twist the loose shoe is pushed on against that sole and the two feet are now seen to be the same length.

The Sight Miracle - Another favorite illusion of fake healers if the dramatic healing of the blind. The truth is none of these people are totally blind. This is the clever suggestion implied by the fake healer. These people suffer from limited sight, not total blindness. This type of useful information is recovered in the auditorium lobby before the program typically in miracle requests and questionnaires.

Cold Reading - A cold reading is the least preferred method of discernment for a fake healer because it can open the door for embarrassing moments. A cold reading is when the fake has not been supplied with any crib notes on the victim. They have no inside information and must wing it. Special techniques are used by the fake to pull off the illusion during a cold reading. These are the same techniques used by fortunetellers. General statements are thrown out and the victim is encouraged to make it fit.

A Way Out - Fake healers always leave a way out of a false statement. Putting the blame back on the victim covers up when a fake incorrectly discerns. "You do not have enough faith." How do you get enough faith? The fake healer defines "faith" as putting more money into their faith healing ministry. These guilt trips are introduced on Sunday as "financial seed" sermons - "give and you shall receive, God wants you to be rich, name it and claim it." [/b]

3 Likes

Re: The Tactics Of Fake Faith Healers by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 15, 2008
so what do you all say about this. these are signs i think we should look out for in these "wonder working" pastors nowadays.

(1) (Reply)

Does God Approve Dating? / Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? / Nigeria Led By Low-Quality Politicians — Bishop Ighele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.