Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,330 members, 7,808,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

From Where It Begins… –. Haastrup Steven Adeshope. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / From Where It Begins… –. Haastrup Steven Adeshope. (682 Views)

And It Begins...isis Flag Among Refugees In Germany Fighting The Police(picture) / Nigeria Can Change For Better, It Begins With You... / Steven Spielberg & Spike Lee To Make Film'things Fall Apart' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

From Where It Begins… –. Haastrup Steven Adeshope. by reflections(m): 2:47pm On Feb 17, 2013
Let’s get it straight – the societal transformation we are looking for begins with you and me. And the best place to start is from the confession room.

Welcome to LeadingYOU – a production of #StevenSpeaks. My name is Haastrup Steven Adeshope.

Aren’t we all guilty as charged? Shouldn’t we all stand penitent in the confession room, our heads buried in our palms? Let us turn out gaze this morning to the typical Nigerian parent. He wants the best for his children but it in on his watch that the seed of indiscipline, lawlessness and corruption reverberating through the nation is sown.

You can preach do as I say but not as I do behind the pulpit but certainly not in the home. It won’t sell. Every one of us remembers, at least, one incidence in which our parents’ advice backfired. The advice, as well intentioned as it might be, failed the crucial test of positive role modeling. The news went round in my days about a father that told his child to tell his creditors he was not home. The child sighting the creditors rushed to them, saying, “My father said I should tell you he is not home, even though he is behind the tree in the backyard hiding” There was another case of a child who witnessed the illicit affair between his mom and a lover. The lover wanting to keep the mouth of child sealed showered him with gifts. One day, the child annoyed his father, who decided to ........visit http://www.gbotemireflections..co.uk/2013/02/from-where-it-begins-haastrup-steven.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

I Cant View The Front Page Of Nairaland On My System / 7 Ways To Be A Super Man / 12 Killed In Auto Accident In Awka!!!(look)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.