Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,035 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:50 AM

Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer (12482 Views)

Living With Her Sister And Her Sister's Husband / Convicted Killer Caught Trying To Escape Prison In A Suitcase Carried By Lover / Convicted Killer Caught Trying To Escape Prison In A Suitcase Carried By Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by piero2u(m): 4:26pm On Feb 17, 2013
Edith Casas

Killer: Victor Cingolani with Johana (right) who he murdered

An Argentine woman was confronted by an angry crowd when she married her twin sister's killer on Valentine's Day.

Edith Casas, 22, wed Victor Cingolani yesterday in a ceremony taking place less than a year into the groom's 13-year sentence for the murder of model Johana Casas.

The bride was pelted with stones and eggs as she emerged from the register office, while her husband, disguised in sunglasses and a beret, was rushed out of the back door to his cell.
The couple married in Pico Truncade in southern Argentina, the same city where Johana was shot twice in the head days before her 20th birthday in July 2010.

Her body was found on the outskirts of the city, which lies around 1,200 miles from the capital Buenos Aires, and Cingolani, an ex-boyfriend, was convicted of murder in June last year.
Cingolani was convicted of murder in June last year, when a court found he was a 'willing participant' in the killing.

According to The Independent, he told a local news channel on the morning of the wedding: 'I’m getting married because I love Edith. I didn’t think the wedding would have so many repercussions worldwide.'
Cingolani claims he is innocent and is appealing against the conviction. Another man, Marco Diaz, who was sharing a house with Johana when she died, is also accused of the kill and will be tried in May.

Edith also argues her husband is innocent, and last year said: 'I’m going to get married to the person I love and not the person who killed my sister.'
Model Johana Casas was shot dead in 2010 days before her 20th birthday

She added: 'Victor is not a violent person and I’m not mad. We’ve got no doubts about what we’re doing. We love each other.'

The couple, who have been together for five years, had planned to Wed last December but a judge, Gabriela Zapat, ordered it to be suspended at the last minute following a request by the twins' mother, Marcelina

Edith was ordered to undergo psychological testing before the ceremony could be given the go ahead, and the date was set when doctors found no signs of 'mental dysfunction'.

Cingolani's sister and brother-in-law acted as witnesses during the 20-minute ceremony but Edith's relatives, who have disowned her, shunned the service.

Her family have said Edith is guilty of a 'terrible betrayal', and her father Valentín Casas told Clarín newspaper in December: 'Johana is with God and Edith is with the Devil.'

Marcelina has claimed her daughter is suffering psychological problems and said she feared Cingolani would take her life too.

She said: 'There are no words to describe what Edith is going to do. She’s guilty of a terrible betrayal.'

Lucas Chacon, Cingolani’s defence lawyer, has previously insisted: 'The cigarette butts found near Johana’s body belonged to Diaz and all the witnesses have incriminated him.

'I can understand Johana’s parents’ attitude. But Edith is not marrying a killer or anything like it.

'She is marrying a man who was convicted in a judicial scandal. All we want is justice.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2279296/Edith-Casas-marries-twin-sisters-convicted-killer-Victor-Cingolani-claiming-hes-innocent.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by piero2u(m): 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2013
This girl must be under some kinda spell
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by piero2u(m): 4:30pm On Feb 17, 2013
or is this her own way of grieving. I believe she married him to get access to him so that she can get her revenge. what do you think??

1 Like

Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by baby124: 6:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
God save us from kids that were not meant to be o. Can you imagine this girl? Even if he didn't kill her, the whole association with the case should have been reason enough to back off. Besides I have never seen anyone try to save their lives confess that they killed someone else. Its crazy sha. People really need to pray that their kids will not bring them such shame, and sadness. Imagine this? Is this love, lust or madness? Definitely madness. Your twin for that matter! She must have been the ugly duckling. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by yungdamaz(m): 10:04pm On Feb 18, 2013
this is a very serious case,...this cant b love nw,.certainly madness
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 18, 2013
It could be they both planned the killing for this wedding to be possible.

1 Like

Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 18, 2013
Men think they're smart when they try to sleep wt everyone in a family sha. she'll revenge her sister's death or d guy will kill her too.
Or are they expecting a Happy married life.smh
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 18, 2013
The lady i believe has a plan up her sleeve or perhaps she believe the man is innocent.We should wait for what will become of both court cases against both accused murderers to determine if she made the right decision
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:08pm On Feb 18, 2013
This story have been on frontpage b4 na

2 Likes

Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by honeeyplum(f): 10:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
Zenith of madness......mayb she is retarded or is it a plot of revenge?
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by Tedpgrass: 10:13pm On Feb 18, 2013
There's more to this that meets the eye.

Their relationship predated the killing.
Circumstancial evidence points to another man... so it may well be that the groom is truly innocent.

However, Edith is rather brave going on with the nuptials way before her husband is exonerated.
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by kemiola89(f): 10:13pm On Feb 18, 2013
Nah! This is serious. In such case there are two things involved, it either the lady married him to get back at him (revenge) or she's suffering from some kinda mental problem.
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by donjsb(m): 10:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
We all ve a choice 2 make in dis lyfe & it could either make us or mar us. She's made hers ,so we'll all ve 2 wait 2 c hw it plays out 4 her
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by dabossman(m): 10:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
What is the guy thinking? He want to wake in hell with a dagger sticking out his back?
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 18, 2013
Ucheosefoh: This story have been on frontpage b4 na
its called traffic! grin
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by Jetland(m): 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
In fact, dat is so bad! Unbelievable. Hw could a girl under go such an awkward relationship?
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 18, 2013
mtcheeeew___wetin concern me wit dis nonesense na___make una nor let me waste MB again for this kind thread oo
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by Sweetcollins: 10:20pm On Feb 18, 2013
Maybe Edith masterminded d killing of her twin sister just for her personal aggradizement of carnal embodiment, no wonder, d bereaved father had labelled her of d devil unlike her seemingly innocent sister who's credible to b with Jesus

1 Like

Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 18, 2013
The girl has a secret mission or sorry a revenge mission.
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by 80million1: 10:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
Now,
this
makes
me

*speechless*
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
GTB of madness
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by Pvin: 10:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
It is obvious that girls dont reason with thier heads. From the experience I had, some girls we do more than that in the name of Love
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by TableLeg(m): 10:26pm On Feb 18, 2013
Well fair enough ... Its her choice!
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by Kslib(m): 10:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
this same thread don make frontpage before nah,. Abi na de ja vu dey worry me or the mod who put am for frontpage dey suffer from garrio-garria-garrium garri syndrome...
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by free2ryhme: 10:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
I think this is one of those weird examples where the surviving family member of the murder victim (in this case the twin sister) embraces the killer because the killer was the last person to see their loved one alive. Essentially, the murderer is the last link to the victim. The family member wants a link to the victim and all that is left is the killer, so they get close to the killer to feel close to their dead family member. The judge should definitely order a psychological evaluation of the sister.
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by Artistree: 10:32pm On Feb 18, 2013
all4naija: It could be they both planned the killing for this wedding to be possible.
From my calculation, dey must have been d8n even wen he was seeing Johana cos d story says dey've bn 2geda 4 5yrs mnwhile Johana was killed in 2010.
Just thinking of it gives me d bumps...Chineke ekwekwala ngwere gba aji!...
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by theripper2: 10:54pm On Feb 18, 2013
Na them sabi, when he kill dis mumu sef, her cousin fit come continue. Craze pple full every continent.
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by olu4life(m): 10:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
Seems the mods are high tonight. This is the 2nd thread tonight been repeated on the FP. Seun,u dey sleep ni?

1 Like

Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by osifred(m): 11:00pm On Feb 18, 2013
This is what happen when you give kids too much freedom
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by HARDDON: 11:32pm On Feb 18, 2013
So stale. Very old gist . Nxt puleez!
Re: Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer by HARDDON: 11:36pm On Feb 18, 2013
olu4life: Seems the mods are high tonight. This is the 2nd thread tonight been repeated on the FP. Seun,u dey sleep ni?

maybe that PYguru of an anti spam has gone nuts, taken on the form of a mod and picking öut stale thread as fP targets!

Mods cudnt ß dis dumb?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Wise To Allow Our Kids To Speak Pidgin English? / True Confession: I Caught My Uncle’s Wife Having Sex With The Gateman / Women Clean House For Their Pastor But Don't Clean Table For Their Husband: Reno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.