Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years (22244 Views)

Grave Of D Richest Man In Kuwait. He Owned Oil Wells,Several Hotels & Properties / Photo: Nigerian Man Has The Strongest Teeth In Africa. / Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by joyli: 8:00pm On Feb 17, 2013

A homeless man has told how he began sleeping with the dead when he moved into a cemetery 15 years ago.

Bratislav Stojanovic, 43, has shared the burial plot with the ashes of a a family who died out more than 100 years ago in Nis, Serbia.

But after giving the grave a changing tombs-style makeover the former construction worker said he feels at home.

He said: 'It is dry and it is warm. I have some lamps and my personal possessions.

'It isn't a palace but it is more comfortable than the street.'
Mr Stojanovic, who has never had a regular job, lost his home in the town after running up debts.

He moved into the grave after dossing down in the streets for months and now spends his time foraging in the out of use cemetery for candles.

Mr Stojanovic said that living with the dead isn't as scary as some might think. He said: 'I was afraid in the beginning, but I got used to it in time. Now I am more afraid of the living than of the dead

'Whenever I want to crawl out I first check if there's someone around, otherwise I could scare a person to death.

'People are very kind to me, they sometimes bring me food or clothes.

'Sometimes I have to get my food from rubbish bins but it can be very nutritious. It's amazing what people throw away," he explained.

'It doesn't frighten me to sleep in a grave. The dead are dead. I'm more frightened of being hungry.

'And if I die in the night, at least I'm in the right place.'

Mr Stojanovic lives on a diet of food he collects from the rubbish and collects cigarette butts he finds on the ground.

His tomb spans only two-square yards and the ceiling is one yard high.

Officials at the cemetery say their squatter can stay as long as he does not disturb other visitors.

'The family who owned the tomb are long gone so technically it belongs to no-one. If he behaves himself there are no plans to evict him,' said a spokesman.

The name of the family who owned the tomb is unknown as the names have eroded from the gravestone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2278793/Scare-home-Destitute-man-moves-100-year-old-GRAVE-losing-house.html
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 17, 2013
Wtf#first to comment
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 17, 2013
Jeez! People are rili suffering. Be thankful if you have a soft cozy foam to lay ur head on...and a plate of meal to fill your belly anytime.

25 Likes

Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by klasys(m): 9:01pm On Feb 17, 2013
this is amazon
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by vanstanzy(m): 9:01pm On Feb 17, 2013
God! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked u sure say the man sef no be ghost??
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by executinal(m): 9:01pm On Feb 17, 2013
Madness to the highest order grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by YorubaOmoge: 9:02pm On Feb 17, 2013
Damn lucky man, free rent et al

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 17, 2013
Hmm.......and some are complaining about 'face me, i face you' in lagos while this man faces ghosts.

12 Likes

Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by vanstanzy(m): 9:02pm On Feb 17, 2013
klasys: this is amazon

"Gbagaun!" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by venorite(m): 9:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
Better for him
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by juman(m): 9:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
Oohh, some people are suffering.

The wonderful God.
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by collins123(m): 9:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
[size=14pt]Count your blessings people.

You can still use a browser enabled phone (if you don't already have a computer) and you pay for MB, (even if na MTN/BIS/TWEAKWARE Cheat) and you browse Nairaland.

I thank Jehovah for everything.

But one thing is sure, even if dem throw me to Serbia now, without knowing anybody or anything about the place, I no fit sleep outside. Who no go know, no go know.

Just don't part me away from my iPhone. [/size]

4 Likes

Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by Codedrock(m): 9:06pm On Feb 17, 2013
So wats d?
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by kkkp: 9:06pm On Feb 17, 2013
vanstanzy:

Laff wan tear my mouth[b]"Gbagaun!" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/b]
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by YorubaOmoge: 9:06pm On Feb 17, 2013
vanstanzy:

lmao grin that's far from gbagaun. That's another language. grin
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by strangest(m): 9:07pm On Feb 17, 2013
at least it will keep reminding you that we are nothing.... 6ft and all the gra gra is gone....
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by sagytariusTM1: 9:07pm On Feb 17, 2013
klasys: this is amazon
No, Methinks it's Jumia.

3 Likes

Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by mjay(m): 9:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
We often don't appreciate what we have
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by BashToks: 9:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
Kinda Touching buh Dudeeeee its a freakin graveyard.
The dead aren't always dead oo

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by Chrisfab: 9:09pm On Feb 17, 2013
His own small naa. I don live for burial ground for d past 25years now
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by corazoni: 9:09pm On Feb 17, 2013
executinal: Madness to the highest order grin grin grin grin

No dude it's not madness. It's sad
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by IKenn(m): 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
'Whenever I want to crawl out I first check if there's someone around, otherwise I could scare a person to death.'
^
rotfl, lwkmd, lmao... Dat man is funny oo

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by omiobo: 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
shocked shocked
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by kkkp: 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
Laff wan tear my mouth
vanstanzy:

Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by vanstanzy(m): 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
sagytarius™:
No, Methinks it's Jumia.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
How are we sure he is not another Clifford Orji in a white skin.:/
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by collins123(m): 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
Chrisfab: His own small naa. I don live for burial ground for d past 25years now

[size=14pt]See your life.[/size]
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by allout: 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
Dude must be able to communicate with a ghost by now, liver pass liver!

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by novakid(m): 9:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
BABA GOD, I THANK YOU FOR MY OWN LIFE OOOOOOOOO

9 Likes

Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by esmart: 9:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
I commented my reserve on this issue
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by vanstanzy(m): 9:14pm On Feb 17, 2013
Scary, but lets appreciate what we have. Grave yard ke! Azi gbakwa! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Supreme Court Ends Four-decade Old Land Dispute In Anambra / Nigerians Sting Themselves With Bees Claiming It Cures Sicknesses (Video) / This Photos Of The World Biggest Snake Will Shock You - SEE PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.