Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,534 members, 7,808,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 (110041 Views)

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED / Is ''let The Sick Say I Am Heald And Poor, Am Rich'' Not Telling Lies??? / Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 by WAP: 3:53pm On Feb 18, 2013
I am wondering if the Bible ever says 'Let's the poor says I am rich' as we always mis-quote Joel 3:10. ''Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong'.

We add this phrase to Joel 3:10 when our prosperity emphasised Preachers want to get something from us.

Don Moen only added this to his song, but this is never written anywhere in the Bible.

What is our view on this?

1 Like

Re: Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 by Joagbaje(m): 5:40pm On Feb 18, 2013
Don Moran didn't say its from the bible I'm not aware anyone claim its written in bible . But the principles are there
Re: Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 by ichuka(m): 8:11pm On Feb 18, 2013
WAP: I am wondering if the Bible ever says 'Let's the poor says I am rich' as we always mis-quote Joel 3:10. ''Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong'.

We add this phrase to Joel 3:10 when our prosperity emphasised Preachers want to get something from us.

Don Moen only added this to his song, but this is never written anywhere in the Bible.

What is our view on this?
So what's your point,are you saying Christains are not surppose to be rich?
Re: Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 by moredendisc: 9:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
WAP:

I am wondering if the Bible ever says 'Let's the poor says I am rich'

as we always mis-quote Joel 3:10. ''Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong'.

We add this phrase to Joel 3:10 when our prosperity emphasized Preachers want to get something from us.

What is our view on this
?

Joagbaje:

Don Moran didn't say its from the bible I'm not aware anyone claim its written in bible . But the principles are there

i.chuka:

So what's your point, are you saying Christains are not surppose to be rich?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqkcaJfRHyc

@WAP

@Joagbaje

@i.chuka

WAP, Good catch and well spotted. The Bible never says or said "Let's the poor says I am rich"

God have mercy on souls, if mega-pastors such as him here cannot correctly quote the bible

Fabrication at work from
0:50 - 0:55,

Hear him deliberately adding a false verse and insult-upon-injury attributing it to the bible.

Joagbaje, you are right that Don Moen didn't say the phrase is from the bible

but Pastor Brian Houston thinks otherwise and is telling his congregation and the whole wide world the phrase is in the bible

Pastor Brian Houston just claimed in the video clip that
the "Let's the poor say I am rich" phrase is scriptural and is in the bible

i.chuka, the point is about doing a Berean due diligence and not necessarily to take all the pastors preaches or says as gospel without verifying or confirming

To be forewarned of misleading preachers is to be forearmed to safeguard your soul
Re: Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:33am On Feb 19, 2013
moredendisc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqkcaJfRHyc

@WAP

@Joagbaje

@i.chuka

WAP, Good catch and well spotted. The Bible never says or said "Let's the poor says I am rich"

God have mercy on souls, if mega-pastors such as him here cannot correctly quote the bible

Fabrication at work from
0:50 - 0:55,

Hear him deliberately adding a false verse and insult-upon-injury attributing it to the bible.

Joagbaje, you are right that Don Moen didn't say the phrase is from the bible

but Pastor Brian Houston thinks otherwise and is telling his congregation and the whole wide world the phrase is in the bible

Pastor Brian Houston just claimed in the video clip that
the "Let's the poor say I am rich" phrase is scriptural and is in the bible

i.chuka, the point is about doing a Berean due diligence and not necessarily to take all the pastors preaches or says as gospel without verifying or confirming

To be forewarned of misleading preachers is to be forearmed to safeguard your soul

I don't think the "greed" gospel preachers would be too keen to comment on this "discovery".
Re: Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 by shdemidemi(m): 9:38am On Feb 19, 2013
2cor6:10 comes to mind....the poor and rich thing means u can be physically poor but spiritually rich. I will encourage us to look pass riches on this earth when reading the bible.
Re: Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 by jerriedun: 7:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
D last guy made a very fine point about 'Not trying to understand d Bible's perspective of Riches with the world or our literal understanding of Riches. We don't store up treasures on Earth, bt in Heaven. Theses are core truths we nolonger hear in d church. 2 Cor 8:9 says For Christ Became poor that we may become Rich, its is only a stupid man that would interpret this verse with an Earthly understanding. It simply means 'He forsook His Identity (Phil 2:5), Throne in Heaven and came to Earth and dying for our since that we may be Rich (In Eternal life, John 3:16). Therefore in Conclusion, ur Level of Riches is determined not by ur pocket bt 'By ur level of Knowledge of Him'. #QED

5 Likes

Re: Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 by dano77: 10:21pm On Jul 09, 2014
When you accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour-you become joint-heirs w/Jesus,and you just inherited the blessing of Abraham on you're life. Corinthians 8:9 -the word ( rich ) in the greek #4147 in the Strong's concordance-which means to be wealthy /to be increased w/goods. After reading Psalm 35:27,Deuteronomy 8:18,3 John1:2,John 10:10,Proverbs 3:9,10,Jeremiah 29:11,-just a few verses of how the Lord God thinks about you! I find it foolish when people think christians should be poor-it doesn't agree w/God's Word. God does'nt mind for you be wealthy-Mark 10:29,30-God does mind if you are coveteous! So if are rich and God says for you to buy a car for John,you better do it!

1 Like

Re: Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 by shdemidemi(m): 6:46am On Jul 10, 2014
Flee from any man who thinks godliness is a means to financial gain. They are evil beasts, slow bellies who adulterate sound doctrine for filthy lucre sake.

A gospel of Christ which teaches love , faith and most importantly HOPE Of glory has been committed to us, we must guard what has been entrusted to our care from those who hide under Christianity to gain what they truly love and worship(mammon).

2 Likes

Re: Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 by shdemidemi(m): 7:02am On Jul 10, 2014
dano77: When you accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour-you become joint-heirs w/Jesus,and you just inherited the blessing of Abraham on you're life. Corinthians 8:9 -the word ( rich ) in the greek #4147 in the Strong's concordance-which means to be wealthy /to be increased w/goods. After reading Psalm 35:27,Deuteronomy 8:18,3 John1:2,John 10:10,Proverbs 3:9,10,Jeremiah 29:11,-just a few verses of how the Lord God thinks about you! I find it foolish when people think christians should be poor-it doesn't agree w/God's Word. God does'nt mind for you be wealthy-Mark 10:29,30-God does mind if you are coveteous! So if are rich and God says for you to buy a car for John,you better do it!

Being rich isn't a sin even in the eyes of God. But, we must be careful not to sought or use God as a means to getting money like many charlatans on pulpit do today. They go as far as telling people to accept Jesus if they want money- by bible standard on how to be saved, such people are not saved, although they attend 'church' programmes.

We have no record of any rich apostle or disciple who pioneered the faith. They were constantly maligned, in peril of sickness and death, imprisoned, killed, in hunger- yet they sought God all on His own and not for a profane benefit they thought they could get in return.

Today, greed and selfishness and the propelling force of our flesh and sinful nature has driven us to a place where God has become a means to an end. When we have God, we don't walk as though we are confident and proud but as soon as our bank account balance shows positive figures, we have a false confidence, we become conceited with a big chip on our shoulder, we fall completely for the deceitfulness of earthly riches.
Re: Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 by BabaGnoni: 9:06am On Jul 10, 2014
shdemidemi: Flee from any man who thinks godliness is a means to financial gain.
They are evil beasts, slow bellies who adulterate sound doctrine for filthy lucre sake.

A gospel of Christ which teaches love , faith and most importantly HOPE Of glory has been committed to us,
we must guard what has been entrusted to our care from those who hide under Christianity to gain what they truly love and worship(mammon).
^^^
- Jesus was so not rich, He had to be buried in a borrowed rich's man tomb
- Jesus' family or the apostles (i.e. the disciples) were so not rich, that it was this rich man Joseph of Arimathea
who was a member of the Sanhedrin that put up his tomb for Jesus' burial

(i.e. donated his tomb for Jesus' burial)
- Jesus was so not rich, yet He lacked nothing

10Those who love money will never have enough.
How meaningless to think that wealth brings true happiness!
11The more you have,
the more people come to help you spend it.
So what good is wealth
--except perhaps to watch it slip through your fingers
!
- Ecclesiastes 5:10-11 NLT

17Better to have little, with fear for the LORD,
than to have great treasure and inner turmoil.
18A bowl of vegetables with someone you love
is better than steak with someone you hate
- Proverbs 15:17-18 NLT

And turning His gaze toward His disciples, He began to say,
"Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God".
- Luke 6:20 New American Standard Bible

24"But how terrible it will be for you who are rich,
because you have had your comfort!
25How terrible it will be for you who are full now,
because you will be hungry!
How terrible it will be for you who are laughing now,
because you will mourn and cry
!
Luke 6:24-25 ISV

4Don't wear yourself out trying to get rich.
Be wise enough to know when to quit.
5In the blink of an eye wealth disappears,
for it will sprout wings and fly away like an eagle
- Proverbs 23:4-5 NLT

1 Like

Re: Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 by nora544: 10:01am On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 by nora544: 10:02am On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 by nora544: 10:17am On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 by dano77: 1:41am On Jul 11, 2014
Jesus had 70 disciples to feed w/families-did He supply for them -yes! Isn't amazing that 11 out of 12 disciples didn't know that Judas stole from the treasury-why?-because there was always enough for every task! -Only Jesus knew! King Solomon asked for wisdom-yes? God gave him wisdom and riches! He was the richest king of his day! Job suffered severe loss over a period of about 1 year-did God restore him -yes-but not only that -He gave him double for his trouble! Jesus was not poor-he never begged for money like some television preachers. I'm not saying every rich preacher is legit-it's all the matter of the heart-are you covetous or are you a generous giver? God owns the cattle on a thousand hills-all the gold and silver are mine saith the Lord. And christians are joint-heirs w/Christ-that means -you own it too! You reap what you sow-so if you sow money in good ground -(a church that's producing on every level) -you should expect a return. God sowed His Son so that He could have more sons and daughters. You have a right to be poor but you don't have to when you are a child of God.The blessing of the Lord maketh one rich and He adds no sorrow with it Proverbs10:22. The word sorrow in Hebrew means toil (work)! Strongs #6089. Sweatless victories-like the Isrealites stripping the Egyptians when they left their country!

(1) (Reply)

Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / "We Killed Michael Jackson" - Nigerian Girl 'Confesses' In Church (VIDEO) / Bishop Oyedepo Cautions Pastor Enenche Over Glory Dome Dedication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.