Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? (4225 Views)

Funny Questions Nigerian Christians Ask Atheists.. / Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
dear Nigerian christians. this time i do not wish to mock you or bash you or expose you, as i usually do. I just sincerely wish to ask you a question, regarding the colonizing of our Nation by the european colonial forces.
We are all aware of how they looted and plundered our country of its vast resources, destroyed & weakened our Kingdoms/Chiefdoms, massacred many of us, enslaved us, destroyed our cultures, tore down our forests, etc. .

so is it good or bad?

do you, as Nigerian christians, view them oyinbo as GODS DIVINE MESSENGERS ?

remember well before you answer. if they had not come, you wouldnt be christians today. .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by tpia5: 7:02pm On Feb 18, 2013
if they had not come, you wouldnt be christians today

christianity didnt originate in europe.

it was in africa right from its inception.

so, you are wrong.
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by tpia5: 7:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
We are all aware of how they looted and plundered our country of its vast resources, destroyed & weakened our Kingdoms/Chiefdoms, massacred many of us, enslaved us, destroyed our cultures, tore down our forests, etc. .

not without our help.

please check this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1046493/nigerians-it-time-look-towards
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
tpia@:

christianity didnt originate in europe.

it was in africa right from its inception.

so, you are wrong.

have you lost it?

Are you Ethiopian? Im talking about Nigeria!

Africa is just a continent/landmass.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:10pm On Feb 18, 2013
tpia@:

not without our help.

please check this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1046493/nigerians-it-time-look-towards

whats up with that thread? its such a beautiful thread.
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by tpia5: 7:11pm On Feb 18, 2013
acts

Now in the church at Antioch there were prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon called Niger

matthew

As they were going out, they met a man from Cyrene, named Simon, and they forced him to carry the cross

wiki

cyrene(Greek: Κυρήνη, Kyrēnē) was an ancient Greek colony and then a Roman city in present-day Shahhat, Libya, the oldest and most important of the five Greek cities in the region. It gave eastern Libya the classical name Cyrenaica that it has retained to modern times.
Cyrene lies in a lush valley in the Jebel Akhdar uplands. The city was named after a spring, Kyre, which the Greeks consecrated to Apollo. It was also the seat of the Cyrenaics, a famous school of philosophy in the 3rd century BC, founded by Aristippus, a disciple of Socrates. It has been nicknamed then as "Athens of Africa"
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by tpia5: 7:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
waka pass!

the thread is not for you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by tpia5: 7:16pm On Feb 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

whats up with that thread? its such a beautiful thread.

why is it a beautiful thread?
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by tpia5: 7:25pm On Feb 18, 2013
hmm, i see you need time to gather your thoughts and try again another angle.

logicboy is getting rather bold these days, he no dey even fear me anymore undecided, just mentioning my name anyhow as if he's forgotten we are not strangers to each other in this place?

se na deols dey shack you or what exactly.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:06pm On Feb 18, 2013
tpia@:
acts

matthew

wiki

dude tpia@ wahala i dont have time for your childish games.

there is no historical proof for any tribe or persons in Nigeria to be christian before the arruval of european colonists. The Igbos were 100% Pagan, the Yorubas were mostly Pagan with some Pagan-muslims and us Hausa were Pagans and muslims.
as for the other tribes it was all the same cases.

there is no historcial evidence for christianity in Nigeria before oyinbo came.

you cant just quote 1 word written in the bible and call it solid proof. your bible talks about wooden boats that carried all animals of the world, Sun revolving around the Earth,etc. so do you think im foolish enough to take this as fact

im talking about NIGERIAN CHRISTIANS. ALL YOUR ANCESTORS WERE CONVERTED 100-150 YRS BACK (MAXIMUM).

so what is your opinion , Nigerian christians, on the colonists?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:07pm On Feb 18, 2013
tpia@:

why is it a beautiful thread?

it has a beautiful picture with a beautiful message for International Pagan/ Ethnic/Tribal Peace and Coalition.
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

there is no historical proof for any tribe or persons in Nigeria to be christian before the arruval of european colonists. The Igbos were 100% Pagan, the Yorubas were mostly Pagan with some Pagan-muslims and us Hausa were Pagans and muslims.
as for the other tribes it was all the same cases.

you cant just quote 1 word written in the bible and call it solid proof. your bible talks about wooden boats that carried all animals of the world, Sun revolving around the Earth,etc. so do you think im foolish enough to take this as fact

im talking about NIGERIAN CHRISTIANS. ALL YOUR ANCESTORS WERE CONVERTED 100-150 YRS BACK (MAXIMUM).

They can't answer. Don't mind them. Colonised dolts.

Can you imagine one of them had the effrontery to write on another thread that ''the scriptures are the only standard for living a purposeful life''. So our ancestors for the past 40,000 years never lived purposeful lives right up until 100 years ago when white Europeans decided they needed to loot West African resources in exchange for their dubious ''holy book''. Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:34pm On Feb 18, 2013
ROSSIKE:

My brother please don't hate them. Just feel pity for them. They are blind.

Brother just look at the madness going on in their hell houses they call churches. trust me just go to these Nigerian churches. it is pure brainwashing and a mad frenzy, all apparantly in the name of jesus and some sicckkk pastors.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Brother just look at the madness going on in their hell houses they call churches. trust me just go to these Nigerian churches. it is pure brainwashing and a mad frenzy, all apparantly in the name of jesus and some sicckkk pastors.

To be honest I don't even blame the pastors any longer. They're simply taking advantage of herds of thoughtless sheeple to make a quick buck. If people wish to be unquestioning and stup.id, why should we feel sorry for them? Try reasoning with any of the sheeple and you'll be shocked how far gone they are. Totally impervious to reason or common sense. If I was unscrupulous I would have set up a church ages ago and gotten filthy rich complete with Swiss account and private jet.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:42pm On Feb 18, 2013
ROSSIKE:

To be honest I don't even blame the pastors any longer. They're simply taking advantage of herds of thoughtless sheeple to make a quick buck. If people wish to be unquestioning and stup.id, why should we feel sorry for them?

no thats not the point. i dont care for these lost souls. I have no real interest in converting them. My religion doesnt beg for converts. If They are Tribal, they are automatically Pagan. it just depends on when they recognise this fact and come back to the true fold.

my real problem is that They are holding my Nation backwards. they are destroying our cultures and traditions and beliefs. they re making us dependant. they are leaving this stigma of subjugation upon us , that lies as a weight upon us.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:46pm On Feb 18, 2013
ROSSIKE:
Try reasoning with any of the sheeple and you'll be shocked how far gone they are. Totally impervious to reason or common sense. If I was unscrupulous I would have set up a church ages ago and gotten filthy rich complete with Swiss account and private jet.

I am not shocked. take this @tpia for example. i clearly stated that christianity didnt exist in Nigeria. but the brainwashed creature goes so far as to dig up one word from the bible to try to prove to me that christainity is a Nigerian religion. and for that she is ready to do away with all facts concerning the religion of majority/almost all tribes of Nigeria before the colonial period. and then she tries to talk about Ethiopia and such things that have nothing to do with us.

such unreasonable brainless people make my blood boil with anger.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

no thats not the point. i dont care for these lost souls. I have no real interest in converting them. My religion doesnt beg for converts. If They are Tribal, they are automatically Pagan. it just depends on when they recognise this fact and come back to the true fold.

my real problem is that They are holding my Nation backwards. they are destroying our cultures and traditions and beliefs. they re making us dependant. they are leaving this stigma of subjugation upon us , that lies as a weight upon us.

Eventually, believe it or not, these foreign religions will die out in Nigeria/Africa. We're just in a post-colonial era in which the after-effects of foreign intrusion are still very much with us. It may take a century or more, but eventually, christianity will pass it's sell-by date, together with its twin brother islam.
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:48pm On Feb 18, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Eventually, believe it or not, these foreign religions will die out. We're just in a post-colonial era in which the after-effects of foreign intrusion are still very much with us. It may take a century or more, but eventually, it will pass it's sell-by date, together with its twin brother islam.

I hope so by the will of the Gods. but i want to see it happen in my lifetime. i am alive now and i must work towards it. The Gods help only those who help themselves. . (btw this is actually a Pagan verse that the xtians plagiarized from us. it was used in the shrine of the Goddess of Fertility - Athena)

the original one: Along with Athena, move also your hand.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I hope so by the will of the Gods. but i want to see it happen in my lifetime. i am alive now and i must work towards it. The Gods help only those who help themselves. .

To be honest, I think the only thing that will make it end in a very short period is a major global catastrophe in which there is no sign of 'Jesus' arriving in his power and glory, leading to mass disenchantment with the bible texts.

Other than that, I see a gradual wearing away of the followership, as incomes rise, and people feel less desperate to make it financially etc. This was pretty much how christianity fell in the west. Once people became more comfortable, they got more sensible about these things.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:00pm On Feb 18, 2013
ROSSIKE:

To be honest, I think the only thing that will make it end in a very short period is a major global catastrophe in which there is no sign of 'Jesus' arriving in his power and glory, leading to mass disenchantment with the bible texts.

Other than that, I see a gradual wearing away of the followership, as incomes rise, and people feel less desperate to make it financially etc. This was pretty much how christianity fell in the west. Once people became more comfortable, they got more sensible about these things.

as long as the west remains in power and wealth, theings will reamain worse here in most parts of Africa. there is a balancing act. it is a vicious cycle that the colonists created and our people propagate.

look at this thread how these akatas are now trying to claim African land , colonize it and displace the indigenes. just like they did in sierra leone and liberia, which they ruined the countries and force indigenous peoples to work on their plantations.

https://www.nairaland.com/1185790/move-africa/1

this video has put me in a really bad mood today. i detest them now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuSS0iiFyo

^pray tell me how will things get better in these conditions
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by tpia5: 4:30am On Feb 19, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I hope so by the will of the Gods. but i want to see it happen in my lifetime. i am alive now and i must work towards it. The Gods help only those who help themselves. . (btw this is actually a Pagan verse that the xtians plagiarized from us. it was used in the shrine of the Goddess of Fertility - Athena)

the original one: Along with Athena, move also your hand.

is athena not white?

i've long told you you were sent by white folks, who are you trying to fool. angry
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by tpia5: 4:40am On Feb 19, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

there is no historical proof for any tribe or persons in Nigeria to be christian before the arruval of european colonists.

christianity spread everywhere the roman empire went.

all you need to say is you're not aware of that period of history, end of.

you do NOT know everything. angry

The Igbos were 100% Pagan,

the same igbos who claim jewish links and customs?

the Yorubas were mostly Pagan with some Pagan-muslims and us Hausa were Pagans and muslims.

and the queen of sheba legend found in ijebu is what?

in your mind!

if reading the bible is a problem for you, then simply look up cyrene, and find out if it ever had a christian colony!!!!! the other thread talked of popes from north africa as far back as 190 AD, you're yarning rubbish about something else.

next you'll say north africa had zero contact with subsaharan africa. angry

and when were your ancestors introduced to the pagan gods you worship?

history is history, i'm not bothered by what i cant change.

if it bothers you, then build a time machine and go chase all the whites out of africa. Include the arab ones in your lineage!
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by Afam4eva(m): 11:30am On Feb 19, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

i hate them. they are such cowards. they are a disgrace on our tribes. My Gods, i wish i could do more. . sad

people like @tpia, afam, olaadegbu, these are evil people and i hate them. what do they gain by keeping the people in the dark? why are they doing this?

it sucks. sad

im glad people like you/logicboy,etc. exist. please dont give up. as i always say, start with your immediated family, then relatives and then make your whole tribe see sense.
Why's my name on your list and why do you hate me?
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by martinseme: 3:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
God bless the colonialists but most especially the evangelists for coming to the dark continent and bringing a great light to those in darkness for our eternal salvation from the grips of hell and death.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

His Holiness Olumba Olumba Obu Appeared And Set Me Free / Why God Is Patient And Merciful / Dangerous Prayers Against Witchcraft Powers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.