Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels (11225 Views)

More Explosions In Brussels As Police Shoot Terror Suspect / BREAKING: Man Arrested In Brussels 'misidentified' - And Is Not Main Suspect / Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by omenka(m): 7:00pm On Feb 19, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy:

Stolen Treasure! Stolen Treasure!!

Hey! Make una come see where Hanks Anuku and eem thief friends use danfo jam airport fence sake of say dem wan thief diamonds!

Stolen Treasure!!!

(Hanks Anuku's voice): "we gonna break into the vault and steal the gems..."

Stolen Treasure!!!

(Emeka Ike's voice): "I'm giving it a thought 'cos my sister came from the village this afternoon to inform me my Father is critically ill..."

Stolen Treasure!!!

(Gentle Jack's voice): "Guys nothing dey happen! We go move the diamonds and fall any living soul wey wan stop us!!)

Stolen Treasure!!! Produced by Amaco Investments and na Ossy Affason dey market am! 123 Ebinpejo lane, Idumota, 53 Iweka Road Onitsha and 1/3 Pounds Road Aba

Stolen Treasure!!!

Grab your copy now

Bros, u don madt finish!!
Hahahahahaha!! ROTFLMAO..
Readin this, one could imagin the advert in vivid details, with the loud sounds, that baritone that says 'grab ur copy now!!, and all the fast farwarded motions, and light flashes!!
LOL

4 Likes

Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by gergemam: 7:05pm On Feb 19, 2013
ItsModella: Woah shocked shocked shocked

Who has watched Takers? The movie has turned into reality.

U ehn with all this your first Responders tin... ***shines teeth*** Don't U know that Movies portray reality ni.... Just like 24 among others.
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by raynold(m): 7:06pm On Feb 19, 2013
ocean 14 na im b dis..lol
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by gergemam: 7:10pm On Feb 19, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Blood diamond from Africa. . . .lmao

I guess the scammer got scammed .good for them !

Ode ni ehn jor... Which one be BLOOD for there, U no see say dem no Shoot a Bullet

1 Like

Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 19, 2013
Diamonds are forever,
They are all I need to please me,
They can stimulate and tease me,
They won't leave in the night,
I've no fear that they might desert me.

Diamonds are forever,
Sparkling round my little finger.
Unlike men, the diamonds linger;
Men are mere mortals who
Are not worth going to your grave for.
_
[size=80pt]BAZINGA!!![/size]
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by venorite(m): 7:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
Finally a real life heist...too much of this heist have been carried out in movies, it's high time we get something real

1 Like

Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by babaowo: 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2013
skillfull robbers........... without shoot a bullet...
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by odohemma(m): 7:24pm On Feb 19, 2013
ItsModella: Woah shocked shocked shocked

Who has watched Takers? The movie has turned into reality.

This one pass Takers o. More than five mins was spent on the 'job' in Takers; gunshots and blood are also evident in Takers. Hope d law finds its way.
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by Nickydrake(m): 7:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
Very interesting. And here's why.

On the 25th of February 2005, four men drove into Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam, and executed what is easily the biggest heist in history.

Dressed as KLM officials, they simply commandeered the truck carrying the diamonds, politely asking the driver out of the vehicle. The driver was a courteous man by nature, but it is possible that the guns they waved in his face urged him along. Taking control of the truck, the robbers zoomed off quietly like any bunch of respectable airport staff.

That truck contained $118 million worth of diamonds, which were mostly uncut, and so almost impossible to trace.

As you might expect, the Dutch police arrested several persons 'in connection to the robbery'. But it is safe to say the diamonds, and perhaps the original four musketeers, remain at large.

So, coming just a week shy of the Schiphol anniversary...and with a suspiciously similar M.O, this Brussels haul is very interesting indeed.
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
o bobs... Just when I tot I'l d have a good night rest... So much for a well deserved rest. Have to start heading to belgium....

Its not easy been sherlock Holmes u know....
Or should I just delegate this to dicck tracy?

1 Like

Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by OluEmmaAss: 7:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
Insider job.
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy:

Stolen Treasure! Stolen Treasure!!

Hey! Make una come see where Hanks Anuku and eem thief friends use danfo jam airport fence sake of say dem wan thief diamonds!

Stolen Treasure!!!

(Hanks Anuku's voice): "we gonna break into the vault and steal the gems..."

Stolen Treasure!!!

(Emeka Ike's voice): "I'm giving it a thought 'cos my sister came from the village this afternoon to inform me my Father is critically ill..."

Stolen Treasure!!!

(Gentle Jack's voice): "Guys nothing dey happen! We go move the diamonds and fall any living soul wey wan stop us!!)

Stolen Treasure!!! Produced by Amaco Investments and na Ossy Affason dey market am! 123 Ebinpejo lane, Idumota, 53 Iweka Road Onitsha and 1/3 Pounds Road Aba

Stolen Treasure!!!

Grab your copy now
Classic, I laughed finally, thanks a lot.
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by phaya(f): 8:12pm On Feb 19, 2013
Troll: [size=14pt] Shoot! I Thought I Made It!? angry grin
[/size]

Excuse My "Stupidity" I'm Just Expressing My "Daily Five Minutes Of Madness" As Suggested By My Psychiatrist Friend In The U.K grin tongue

Are u sure its not more than 5minutes? #justAsking
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by vislabraye(m): 8:13pm On Feb 19, 2013
Na the rat wey dey inside na im dey call rat outside.
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by White007(m): 8:20pm On Feb 19, 2013
What if there wasn't any diamond in the first place?
What if it was just set up to scam the insurance company.

Has anybody given this a thought? undecided undecided
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by donsax: 8:24pm On Feb 19, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Did I just smell foul play?

Go cut your nose away....e get virus!!!....
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 19, 2013
Classic case of insider job.
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:28pm On Feb 19, 2013
donsax:

Go cut your nose away....e get virus!!!....
no need 2 cut it. I ll treat it.
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by HARDDON: 8:48pm On Feb 19, 2013
They got crz head aches :

Head ache 1 : d plan and its execution .... Successful

Head ache 2: rendezvous point .... Probably achieved

Head ache 3: how to sell the stones( dis is where dey might get caught or killed: if they try selling legally,, dey wud be napped . If they sell under ground, probability is d buying underworld lord might want to Kip his money and have the golds too....bloody!

Head ache 4: if ever they suçceed in selling it, haw to split d loot is anoda major problem!

if dey do split it peacefully, dey wud leave d rest of their days watchin their backs.....

D wise ones wud invest, d foolish ones wud blow whor3s. Вυч fast cars ....BMF all and return to square 1 .

All in all, d stress isn't worth dese aches.

Huge clean money got joys sparkles.... Ask FOrÉX
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by globechamp: 9:04pm On Feb 19, 2013
I smell ITALIAN JOB PART 2 in the making
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by vanstanzy(m): 9:15pm On Feb 19, 2013
O boy! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked See money. Diamonds are girls best friends na, definitely the robbers girlfriends go encourage

them to carry-out the heist. SEE COOOL DIAMOND!! WONDERING IF THE ARE BLOOD-DIAMONDS??
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by dammytosh: 9:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
kelvin1191: Hmmm! "Something in my mind..." On my way to CBN

Best of luck my dear.

. My account no is 0678587650.
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by Denn(m): 9:53pm On Feb 19, 2013
dammytosh:

Best of luck my dear.

. My account no is 0678587650.

Sounds 'zenith'
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by AustineE1: 10:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
...these criminals may never be caught,especially if they are Eastern Europeans,they are maverick criminals,very proffessional and disciplined!unlike others who may go on to celebrate their loots either by buying wonders on wheel,doing drugs,wine and womanizing!They average proffessional Eastern European criminal may keep his loot for as long as possible,even upto 20yrs or even bequeath it to his child..while the inter-pol&other secret police will be busy searching the black markets for possible clue of the stolen diamonds,it cld lie some where in Ukraine for the next 10yrs!

1 Like

Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by Asemo11(m): 10:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
Scarpon: all for common diamond that we have abundant in Africa
abeg where them day.make I come take some
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 19, 2013
OYINBOGOJU: Executive Armed Robber.

Nigerian politicians have stolen more than that. Small money. Smh
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 19, 2013
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 19, 2013

Nah kuli kuli u dey smell.
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by scobaba: 12:09am On Feb 20, 2013
venorite: Finally a real life heist...too much of this heist have been carried out in movies, it's high time we get something real

Yu just wrote what I had in mind. I think I now believe d 'ocean series' n 'italian job' are do-able.
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by Nobody: 12:43am On Feb 20, 2013
HARDDON: They got crz head aches :

Head ache 1 : d plan and its execution .... Successful

Head ache 2: rendezvous point .... Probably achieved

Head ache 3: how to sell the stones( dis is where dey might get caught or killed: if they try selling legally,, dey wud be napped . If they sell under ground, probability is d buying underworld lord might want to Kip his money and have the golds too....bloody!

Head ache 4: if ever they suçceed in selling it, haw to split d loot is anoda major problem!

if dey do split it peacefully, dey wud leave d rest of their days watchin their backs.....

D wise ones wud invest, d foolish ones wud blow whor3s. Вυч fast cars ....BMF all and return to square 1 .

All in all, d stress isn't worth dese aches.

Huge clean money got joys sparkles.... Ask FOrÉX
Too much mafia movies mixed with Nollywood movies is bad for you.Abstain from it before it is too late

1 Like

Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by KA24DETT(m): 2:12am On Feb 20, 2013
scobaba:

Yu just wrote what I had in mind. I think I now believe d 'ocean series' n 'italian job' are do-able.

That job is cheap compared to the biggest of them all.

Antwerp Diamond Center
16th February 2003- Belgium: $100 million+

80% of the world’s uncut diamonds go through Antwerp, and don’t thieves know it! The city has seen its fair share of heists, but this one was incredible in both dollar value and the method with which it was executed. This haul was so large that the thieves literally couldn’t carry all their booty out of the vault, but still managed to empty an impressive 123 of 189 deposit boxes. Leonardo Notarbartolo, a 30 year career thief, was the leader of this stylish gang. The robbery was years in the making, with at least 4 people involved. They had rented office space in the building 3 years earlier, where Leonardo posed as an Italian diamond merchant to gain trust and credibility. He set up meetings and did small deals, no one ever suspecting a thing. When it was finally time to move, they inserted fake tapes into the security cameras to cover their movements. The vault was protected by 10 layers of security, including infrared heat detectors, Doppler radar, a magnetic field, a seismic sensor, and a lock with 100 million possible combinations. The robbery was called the heist of the century, and even now the police can’t explain exactly how it was done. Notarbartolo was caught after one of his accomplices failed to burn a garbage bag of evidence. The $100 million worth of gems has never been found and Notarbartolo is currently serving a 10 year sentence. Interestingly, Notarbartolo has claimed that a Jewish diamond merchant hired them for the heist and that they actually only stole roughly $20 million worth, with many of the deposit boxes already lying empty. He believes that he and his gang were used as part of a huge insurance fraud. Police have denied this possibility. To read his version of events, outlining how they did it
Re: Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels by White007(m): 7:11am On Feb 20, 2013
HARDDON: They got crz head aches :

Ever heard of of the word "uncut"? Which means they ain't refined yet and so would make it easy for any one to sell.
All they 'd do is go into one of this corrupt African countries, probably DRC or Sierra Leone, aqcuire the "Kimberly certificate" and they are good to go. It is as easy as that to sell an "uncut" diamond.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Taliban Drops Ultimate Meme On Twitter / Saddam Hussein Is Dead / Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.