Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,328 members, 7,808,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? (3059 Views)

Four Nigerians In Arrested Jakarta Over Proper Stay Permits / Plss Any Idea About D Cheapest Place To Travel For Leisure / Any Idea About Estonian Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by determined: 1:03am On Mar 16, 2008
Hi all,
could someone please give me advise on appealing a UK visa refusal case? the visa refused was working holiday permit visa

Here are the facts:
- Im a frequent traveller to the UK
- Im going on a long holiday and intend to legally work while there and I am very eligible to apply for the visa
- the EOC kept saying she wasnt satisfied with my reasons for applying for the visa. she thinks i dont know what the working holiday maker visa is for in otherwords, i dont know what im applying for and i could not give her a detailed itinery of how i want to spend my holday for 2 years. (for crying out loud am i supposed to keep a calender of daily happenings of what i want to do in the UK?) and besides when i was filling my application form, it was optional to provide an itinery.
- she also said i dint state famous sites i'd like to see in the UK. she didnt ask me to state such places and for crying out loud would i be visiting big ben, trafalgar square etc. every year that i take a trip to the UK?
- finally she said she's not satisfied or sure of the source of funds that i have in my bank statement. she never even asked me about the source of funds during the interview and shes not saying the funds are not enough to support my travel.

Could someone please advise me on this kind of case? thanks.
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by Sonye(f): 1:33am On Mar 16, 2008
was this a face-to-face interview? Cos they don't do that in nigeria again. besides, i just got a working holiday visa and it was by post
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by funkybaby(f): 12:04pm On Mar 16, 2008
.@sonye
Face-to-face interviews are still being conducted by the UK embassy officials when they sometimes need further clarifications on the application. In most cases, prior to the interview, the ECO is undecided whether or not to refuse the applicant or grant the applicant. So it is entirely up to the applicant to fully convince the ECO verbally.

By post?? Are you refering to VFS?

@poster
Seems you were poorly prepared for the interview. From what you wrote here, me thinks the ECO was right in her decision.

determined:

i don't know what im applying for and i could not give her a detailed itinery of how i want to spend my holday for 2 years. (for crying out loud am i supposed to keep a calender of daily happenings of what i want to do in the UK?) and besides when i was filling my application form, it was optional to provide an itinery.

How can you apply for work permit and not explain what you are going to be doing there. I am pretty sure that was the major reason you were called for the interview-to explain your plans since you didnt include them in your form. That 'optional' part might have been over looked if maybe you were applying from an EU country but definately not for an applicant from nigeria.

[quote author=determined link=topic=120266.msg2060602#msg2060 she also said i dint state famous sites i'd like to see in the UK. she didnt ask me to state such places and for crying out loud would i be visiting big ben, trafalgar square etc. every year that i take a trip to the UK?
[/quote]

You also made mistakes here. You are applying for Working HOLIDAY visa- which in lay terms means you are going for a vacation just that you would be working for a few period during the vacation (you are not allowed according to the law to work throughout the period of the vacation), so its only normal for you to list all the tourist attractions you intend visiting.

You are a frequent traveller-yeah, big deal but the ECOs can't be bothered. Each visa application is treated differently based on its individual merits or demerits. You make a mistake and you are refused-irrespective of the fact that you have been travelling to UK every summer in the last five years.

[quote author=determined link=topic=120266.msg2060602#msg2060602 date=1205625822]
finally she said she's not satisfied or sure of the source of funds that i have in my bank statement. she never even asked me about the source of funds during the interview and shes not saying the funds are not enough to support my travel.

Could someone please advise me on this kind of case? thanks.
undecided

This one na just 'jara' from the ECO to make the refusal notice longer. No mind her.

You know what, why not copy and paste this your issue on the 'UK Visa- Visa Appeal Process'. Thats the best advice i can give you. You will get people to help you out there-you will also get to have loads of opinion from them that will definately help you with your appeal and your subsequent visa applications.
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by determined: 12:07pm On Mar 16, 2008
yeah it was a face to face interview.
i sent in my application through VFS and was called for an interview at the BHC a week after.
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by determined: 12:24pm On Mar 16, 2008
funkybaby:

How can you apply for work permit and not explain what you are going to be doing there. I am pretty sure that was the major reason you were called for the interview-to explain your plans since you didnt include them in your form. That 'optional' part max have been over looked if maybe you were applying from an EU country but definately not for an applicant from nigeria.

i stated the places ill be visiting as in london, sheffield, wales, essex etc. i explained i had friends and family there so im basically not going to be in one place. thats my idea of a vacation visiting places, friends and family and taking time out to rest. maybe she should have been more specific as to ask me if there are any tourist attraction sites i want to visit.

funkybaby:

You also made mistakes here. You are applying for Working HOLIDAY visa- which in lay terms means you are going for a vacation just that you would be working for a few period during the vacation (you are not allowed according to the law to work throughout the period of the vacation), so its only normal for you to list all the tourist attractions you intend visiting.

i also said i wasnt planning on taking any serious work since im going to be moving around. she asked me what kind of jobs have i considered taking up and i said shop jobs like tesco jobs, asda etc. babysitting etc. nothing too tasking. aparently, i dont think she had a problem with that because she didnt state it as one of the reasons for refusal.

thanks.
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by funkybaby(f): 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2008
@determined

Please, do kindly paste my initial response to your issue and your last post as well (you made more clarifications) on the Uk Appeal thread, so that the others can take it up from there. I am not on my computer right now so i cant do it myself. They might suggest you re-apply rather than going through the appeal. Thanks.
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by determined: 2:16pm On Mar 16, 2008
@ Siena

well i just think she's had a good 4 years experience and knowledge about these things from her thread in "UK Visas - visa appeal process" she talked about her sister being refused visa. you can search for "UK Visas - visa appeal process" on nairaland here. and please give your own suggestion to my question. thanks.
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by funkybaby(f): 8:55pm On Mar 16, 2008
Siena:

More sound advice from Mrs P!! cool

Funkybaby, how do you know all these things? I've lived here most of my life, and am not even half aware of the things you've mentioned! shocked

Siena
Thanks. I spend sleepless nights reading British immigration law - lol. Just kidding. cheesycheesy

Na God oh smiley . Then, reading, studying and asking tons of questions from family and friends.
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by ty4real(m): 2:38pm On Mar 17, 2008
determined:

i[b] stated the places ill be visiting as in london, sheffield, wales, essex etc. i explained i had friends and family there so im basically not going to be in one place. thats my idea of a vacation visiting places, friends and family and taking time out to rest. maybe she should have been more specific as to ask me if there are any tourist attraction sites i want to visit.[/b]i also said i wasnt planning on taking any serious work since im going to be moving around. she asked me what kind of jobs have i considered taking up and i said shop jobs like tesco jobs, asda etc. babysitting etc. nothing too tasking. aparently, i don't think she had a problem with that because she didnt state it as one of the reasons for refusal.

thanks.

Working holiday maker visa emphasis is on Holiday and it was expected of you to give a clear view of what you intended to cause this will give the ECO the impression that you really have holiday in mind.saying you were going to visit sheffield,wales essex and others in my own opinionwas really ambiguous ooo!She needed specific from like I say I want to vist Ogun-State,dt snot being specific but if I say i want to visit Ogun-state and visit, Olumo Rock,Birikisu Shrine etc,that gives a more clearer picture that I know whatI want to do.

Guy you really gave thema good enough reason to refuse you and you were even called fro an interview its been a long time I had that they called for that, You narrowly missed it!Well you could appeal or better still re-apply again and address the Ecos points of refusal and please your itinerary is very important ooooooo,its not optional for applicants from Africa especially Nigeria.
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by ty4real(m): 2:56pm On Mar 17, 2008
@Sonye!
Congrats mate!Can see your location now!I am still coming soon wink wink

@Funkybaby!
You are really doing a terrific work here!Keep it up. smiley smiley
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by ty4real(m): 3:35pm On Mar 17, 2008
funkybaby:

.@sonye
Face-to-face interviews are still being conducted by the UK embassy officials when they sometimes need further clarifications on the application. In most cases, prior to the interview, the ECO is undecided whether or not to refuse the applicant or grant the applicant. So it is entirely up to the applicant to fully convince the ECO verbally.

By post?? Are you refering to VFS?

@poster
Seems you were poorly prepared for the interview. From what you wrote here, me thinks the ECO was right in her decision.

How can you apply for work permit and not explain what you are going to be doing there. I am pretty sure that was the major reason you were called for the interview-to explain your plans since you didnt include them in your form. That 'optional' part might have been over looked if maybe you were applying from an EU country but definately not for an applicant from nigeria.
undecided

This one na just 'jara' from the ECO to make the refusal notice longer. No mind her.

You know what, why not copy and paste this your issue on the 'UK Visa- Visa Appeal Process'. Thats the best advice i can give you. You will get people to help you out there-you will also get to have loads of opinion from them that will definately help you with your appeal and your subsequent visa applications.

Funkbaby,the visa is actually not a work permit thing na working Holiday the emphasis is on the holiday so the ECO expected determined to have a concise detailed plan stating how he was going to enjoy the holiday and how taking the holiday was going to be of benefit to him!But once issued this visa one can always switch through Hsmp to get work permit visa!
But well done ma for the detailed explanation you gave.

@Determined!
I feel you flunked the opprotunity because you did not have adequate information about the technicalities involved in the kind of visa you were applying for so I will advice that you forget about appealing and re-apply addressing the issues raised in the refusal but should in case you want to appeal please put your well written detailed plans of activity in the appeal bundle and just hope for the best!
Sorry about the money those peeps collected without giving you teh visa and I hope you were given a Right Of Appeal?
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by Sonye(f): 6:14pm On Mar 17, 2008
@ Ty4real

U know i wouldn't have been so successful without your help. How far with your? I have not seen you online since then. What is going on? Send me a mail if you can't reply
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by ty4real(m): 7:07pm On Mar 17, 2008
@Sonye!
I actually sent some offline noe but you didnt respond!Have been kinda busy but we will still get to caht one of this days when you come online!And wetin I do,I was just trying to share knowledge ni oo which is what nairaland is known for!
But thanks for the compliments wink wink
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by kenflipper(m): 7:12pm On Mar 17, 2008
www.Kennwebdesigner.com

world's easiest website builder and hosting plan
you dont have to be a computer software engineer to own a website.
Website with web building tools as easy as typing a key board.
No more credit card barrier, payment in naira also available.
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by ty4real(m): 5:53pm On Mar 18, 2008
kenflipper:

www.Kennwebdesigner.com

world's easiest website builder and hosting plan
you don't have to be a computer software engineer to own a website.
Website with web building tools as easy as typing a key board.
No more credit card barrier, payment in naira also available.

Just thinking how website building has a correlation with the guy seeking for assitance on his appeal doing here?Anyway tanks for the infor,I can build my own website courtsy NIIT grin grin,But you can do yourself a major good by moving it to business section where you will get enough clients wink
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by Sonye(f): 10:33pm On Mar 19, 2008
ty4real:

@Sonye!
I actually sent some offline noe but you didnt respond!Have been kind of busy but we will still get to caht one of this days when you come online!And wetin I do,I was just trying to share knowledge ni oo which is what nairaland is known for!
But thanks for the compliments wink wink

i am sorry i did not see them. i'd like u to send it again if u do not mind. Or you can post it here. Wetin dey there cheesy
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by MaryAnne: 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2008
hello TY4REAL, noticed ur online, pls lets chat on yahoo if ur free.
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by anon1: 11:20am On Jul 10, 2008
Hi

Am currently on working holiday and I guess your application was refused becos u stated dat u wanted to work. The visa is only for holiday makers dat would not mind working but you must note that the work MUST be INCIDENTAL to your holiday. It means that your sole purpose is holiday but if you are able to get a job then you will do it.
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by oyewolejos(m): 12:38pm On Jul 10, 2008
pls am intending to apply for the working holiday maker visa and i dont want to make any mistake.pls can someone who is well grounded about tourist attraction in the UK give me a sample of a planned itineary throughtout the 2 years duration. i have not travel outside naija before. u can also give me the latest info about the whole visa. i want this my first attempt to be a sucess.
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by anon1: 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2008
Don't think you need to holiday throughout your two years, just name about five or six tourist centers, then its always better if you have a relation in UK. If your relation or friend is willing to invite you, it makes it better. Your sole reason then will be reuniting with your relation and visiting the tourist centers. Its always better if it is your relation inviting rather than a friend( so I perceive). Don't forget - your main purpose is to reunite with your relation and visit tourist center and work will be incidental to your holiday.
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by vanessara: 9:59am On Aug 07, 2008
pls what is required for applying fof working holiday maker?i have travelled before but when i reapplied i was refused for 2 yrs multiple visiting.
what are my chances of been given?i am a fresh graduate.thanks
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by Eniitan: 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2008
I cant predicit for sure but on your application, u have to state that u r going 4 holiday and that IF WORK COMES INCIDENTAL u want to be able to do it. Then you provide other documents including proof of funds, proof of where u'll stay and other requirements.
Re: Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? by Seunkeyz: 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2008
Please TY4REAL, BE OF HELP INCLARIFYING THIS WHM VISA.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get A Nigrian Visa / Passport Seized By German Embassy Due To Multiple Stamps / Work And Live In Finland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.