Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,550 members, 7,809,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! (14221 Views)

How Long Is It "Normal" To Court A Girl / Woman Drags Ex-lover To Court For Duping And Refusing To Marry Her / Funke Akindele Says My Marriage Is Intact, I'm Going To Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by Mavor: 1:06pm On Mar 31, 2013
Jan8: Don't kiss?!!! Wtf!!! All these rules sef don tire me...
Majority who don't follow most of them are doing well and you're here...
I'm not condemning the post tho. Nicely written
There are women and there is a virtuos woman.

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price [is] far above rubies

Pro 12:4 A virtuous woman [is] a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed [is] as rottenness in his bones.
The difficulty of meeting with such a one: Where can he find her? This implies that good women are very scarce, and many that seem to be so do not prove so. He that thought he had found a virtuous woman was deceived, see, it was Leah, and not the Rachel he expected. He that plans to marry ought to seek diligently for such a one, to have this principally in his eye, in all his enquires, and to take heed that he be not confused by beauty or gaiety or lustful desires, wealth or parentage, dressing well or partying well. For she may very well have all these attractions and yet not be a virtuous woman, at all, as these advantages are no certain recommendation of a good wife.

Pro 18:22 [Whoso] findeth a wife findeth a good [thing], and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
The essential qualities for a good woman (wife) is that she be a virtuous woman an able woman (the word includes strength), it is the same word that is used in the character of good judges (Exodus 18:21), that they are able men, men qualified for the business to which they are called, men of truth, fearing God. So it follows, a virtuous woman is a woman of spirit, a woman that is able, who has the command of her own spirit, though the weaker vessel, yet she is made strong by wisdom and grace, and the fear of God, one that is pious and industrious and a help meet for a man. In opposition to this strength, we read of the weakness of the heart of an imperious whorish woman, (Ezekiel 16:30). A virtuous woman is a woman of resolution, who, having espoused good principles, is firm and steady to them, and will not be frightened with winds and clouds from any part of her duty, for her security rests in the fear of God and the covering of her husband.

Pro 19:14 House and riches [are] the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife [is] from the LORD.
The unspeakable worth of such a wife, and the value which he that has such a wife ought to put upon her, showing it by his thankfulness to God and his kindness and respect to her, whom he must never think he can do too much for. Her price is far above rubies, and above all the rich ornaments with which vain women adorn themselves. Here she is compared to the worth of wisdom:

Pro 3:15 She [is] more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
The more rare such good wives are the more they are to be valued as shown by the respect given to Ruth:
Ruth 3:11 And now, my daughter, fear not; I will do to thee all that thou requirest: for all the city of my people doth know that thou [art] a virtuous woman.

1 Like

Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by GraceBestowed(f): 1:27pm On Mar 31, 2013
Where do I start?!?
SLIDE waxie: Why u come spoil everytn with number 10 na?
Dnt brainwash people here o. I no fit convert to masturbatee o!
jhydebaba: Make I clap for OP Bad market tongue why I go court girl, she'll tell me she's sticking to #10 and I go continue, I be Priest
No wonder una dey sleep for church dey pray for husband at 45 tongue

First of all, loool!! ^^
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by duality(m): 1:28pm On Mar 31, 2013
Good one i must say. However, My reservations with No 1, is that I will retreat from any relationship where the lady does not show enthusiasm or look forward to a blissful union with me. maybe in an attempt not to look "EAGER" Relationships these days is just too complex why make it more complex. anything like that may suggest to me that she has some reservations about the relationship or she hasn't made up her mind.

Personally, If a lady claims she loves me and will want to go all the way with me, I see no reason for foot dragging. I may try to push her a little and maybe reassure her, but not for long. If i don't see the enthusiasm, I will withdraw. It too risky to be with someone who doesn't really, really, really like you.

Finally, Ladies should not forget the they are the ones who really make the men committed to the relationship ordinarily the men will not commit.

Gracias..
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by GraceBestowed(f): 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2013
Thank you all for making your opinions clear!

This is merely a guide, and they are not RULES, no need to pull hairs out over something that is not lauded over you! Different strokes for different folks, it's not everything that will work for everyone!

If you don't agree with a point, then ignore it, maybe you'd agree with the other point.

In reference to the the post 'reeking of Christian views', I'm Christian, saved at that, and am saying it how I believe it should be. It is still very possible to be appealing, honest, show personality, and be yourself, whilst being a dating Christian woman.

Bottom line, there's something in this for everyone, whether or not you're willing to admit it.

:-)

1 Like

Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by esere826: 1:39pm On Mar 31, 2013
^^^

Ok. u've had your moment in the spotlight
how about you and i break some of your rules together dearie wink
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by GraceBestowed(f): 1:39pm On Mar 31, 2013
Hey, Duality. There's a difference between being eager and being enthusiastic, the former can come off as irritating. Being eager breeds impatience, and that's not cute. :-)
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by GraceBestowed(f): 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2013
esere826: ^^^

Ok. u've had your moment in the spotlight
how about you and i break some of your rules together dearie wink

^^ I just kent shout ^^
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by obowunmi(m): 2:00pm On Mar 31, 2013
The writer forgot the most important part: JUST BE YOURSELF.

Nothing like being with someone who accepts you for who you are.

If you have to forcefully change to be with someone - 1. you can't pretend for long 2. that behavior if not properly dealt with, will re-surface at another time. Goodluck with pretending though....
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by duality(m): 2:07pm On Mar 31, 2013
GraceBestowed: Hey, Duality. There's a difference between being eager and being enthusiastic, the former can come off as irritating. Being eager breeds impatience, and that's not cute. :-)

I don't quite get/agree with this your explanation; b/cos being eager = being enthusiastic. But I get the angle of being patient and having self control.

Gracias..
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 31, 2013
Mavor: There are women and there is a virtuos woman.

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price [is] far above rubies

Pro 12:4 A virtuous woman [is] a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed [is] as rottenness in his bones.
The difficulty of meeting with such a one: Where can he find her? This implies that good women are very scarce, and many that seem to be so do not prove so. He that thought he had found a virtuous woman was deceived, see, it was Leah, and not the Rachel he expected. He that plans to marry ought to seek diligently for such a one, to have this principally in his eye, in all his enquires, and to take heed that he be not confused by beauty or gaiety or lustful desires, wealth or parentage, dressing well or partying well. For she may very well have all these attractions and yet not be a virtuous woman, at all, as these advantages are no certain recommendation of a good wife.

Pro 18:22 [Whoso] findeth a wife findeth a good [thing], and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
The essential qualities for a good woman (wife) is that she be a virtuous woman an able woman (the word includes strength), it is the same word that is used in the character of good judges (Exodus 18:21), that they are able men, men qualified for the business to which they are called, men of truth, fearing God. So it follows, a virtuous woman is a woman of spirit, a woman that is able, who has the command of her own spirit, though the weaker vessel, yet she is made strong by wisdom and grace, and the fear of God, one that is pious and industrious and a help meet for a man. In opposition to this strength, we read of the weakness of the heart of an imperious whorish woman, (Ezekiel 16:30). A virtuous woman is a woman of resolution, who, having espoused good principles, is firm and steady to them, and will not be frightened with winds and clouds from any part of her duty, for her security rests in the fear of God and the covering of her husband.

Pro 19:14 House and riches [are] the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife [is] from the LORD.
The unspeakable worth of such a wife, and the value which he that has such a wife ought to put upon her, showing it by his thankfulness to God and his kindness and respect to her, whom he must never think he can do too much for. Her price is far above rubies, and above all the rich ornaments with which vain women adorn themselves. Here she is compared to the worth of wisdom:

Pro 3:15 She [is] more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
The more rare such good wives are the more they are to be valued as shown by the respect given to Ruth:
Ruth 3:11 And now, my daughter, fear not; I will do to thee all that thou requirest: for all the city of my people doth know that thou [art] a virtuous woman.
pls sir, what are you trying to say in summary
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by esere826: 2:30pm On Mar 31, 2013
Jan8:

lol
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by Mavor: 2:49pm On Mar 31, 2013
Jan8:
I'll leave you to figure it out. You're smart ain't ya?
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 31, 2013
Mavor: I'll leave you to figure it out. You're smart ain't ya?
you're apparently smarter than i am, so pls spell it out. To be sincere, i don't get it really
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by Pennywise(m): 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2013
Jan8:
you're apparently smarter than i am, so pls spell it out. To be sincere, i don't get it really

He is a player. The type who gets ladies attention by sounding biblical (no matter how irrelevant)
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2013
All those who are against #10 are mostly guys.....why? You've got nothing to lose frm it....the consequences are suffered mostly by ladies. As a lady, when u keep ur self pure frm all these, u won't have to worry about buying contraceptives, you won't be panicking when your period is late because u knw u have nt done anytin that would nt make it come, and also u wil have a free conscience when u hear someone preachn against fornication......all these and many more are the benefits of #10 to ladies.

1 Like

Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by GalaxyNoteII: 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2013
10. GET INTIMATE - this goes without saying within a Christian courtship, but I'm saying it anyway! If you're kissing, sleeping together, or engaging in any intimate activities, then you're committing fornication - there's no two ways about it. If you can't wait, get a marriage blessing!

undecided
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 31, 2013
Opytim: All those who are against #10 are mostly guys.....why? You've got nothing to lose frm it....the consequences are suffered mostly by ladies. As a lady, when u keep ur self pure frm all these, u won't have to worry about buying contraceptives, you won't be panicking when your period is late because u knw u have nt done anytin that would nt make it come, and also u wil have a free conscience when u hear someone preachn against fornication......all these and many more are the benefits of #10 to ladies.
almost all ladies are against pre-marital sex but where i had issue with her was the 'kissing and hugging' bit. Do you also agree that there should be no lip exercise between the two courting parties?
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2013
Pennywise:

He is a player. The type who gets ladies attention by sounding biblical (no matter how irrelevant)
i'm thinking the same thing but nonetheless, i want him to be explain himself witnout mincing words so i can know if he himself understands what he is saying.
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by AVWENAGHA: 4:57pm On Mar 31, 2013
Jan8:
must u quote
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by nbright: 5:03pm On Mar 31, 2013
Opytim: All those who are against #10 are mostly guys.....why? You've got nothing to lose frm it....the consequences are suffered mostly by ladies. As a lady, when u keep ur self pure frm all these, u won't have to worry about buying contraceptives, you won't be panicking when your period is late because u knw u have nt done anytin that would nt make it come, and also u wil have a free conscience when u hear someone preachn against fornication......all these and many more are the benefits of #10 to ladies.
and the guy will be buying you things to prove to you that he loves you right?.
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 31, 2013
AVWENAGHA: must u quote
lol...see me see gbege o...am i the only one quoting?
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by Mavor: 7:18pm On Mar 31, 2013
Pennywise:

LMAO!!! Cos you know me very well right?
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by Mavor: 7:19pm On Mar 31, 2013
Jan8:
i'm thinking the same thing but nonetheless, i want him to be explain himself witnout mincing words so i can know if he himself understands what he is saying.
You are very funny. If you can't read and understand, too bad.
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by NOIBMUUL(m): 8:07pm On Mar 31, 2013
Dazl: Op...does a court marriage wit jes ur frends as witnesses witout parental knowledge count as marriage blessings??
Sex in such a union is it a sin

Ask yourself.
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by eldoradoxx: 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2013
Dazl: Op...does a court marriage wit jes ur frends as witnesses witout parental knowledge count as marriage blessings??
Sex in such a union is it a sin
Two matured adults( 18 years and above) do not need any form of parental consent whatsoever to marry. Therefore, parental consent is a matter of African traditional courtesy. When it comes to marriage under the Marriage Act, no consent is required of any person above 18. Church marriage and Court marriage are same under the Marriage Act. What makes it marriage proper is whether the laid down procedure has been followed I.e whether the required license was obtained from the Registrar of Marriage and whether the required notice of intention was actually given and whether the place the marriage was conducted was a licensed place for marriage and the officiating minister was duely licensed to conduct the marrage ceremony. Thus if u comply with the rules laid down by law and wedded in the church, u have conducted exactly the same wedding like a person who did court wedding, the only difference is the church ceremony.
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 31, 2013
Word!
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 31, 2013
Mavor: You are very funny. If you can't read and understand, too bad.
don't get defensive with me. I make a comment and you write a whole epistle;now i'm asking you to explain and you want me to read and understand...ok, ok. cheesy . I got it.
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by dokunbam(m): 11:09pm On Mar 31, 2013
another one again
Let's keep educating them maybe someday they will listen
With better women we can have a better society
They have the power to change alot in our society

1 Like

Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by GraceBestowed(f): 11:13pm On Mar 31, 2013
^^ Thank you for looking at it from such a positive angle! Truth be told, I'm no better than the next woman, but am willing to share information on what I've seen to be the foundation of a solid relationship!! Thanks again! :-) ^^
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by dokunbam(m): 11:45pm On Mar 31, 2013
GraceBestowed: ^^ Thank you for looking at it from such a positive angle! Truth be told, I'm no better than the next woman, but am willing to share information on what I've seen to be the foundation of a solid relationship!! Thanks again! :-) ^^

Thanks as well
I have two younger sisters and one is married, they look up to me for real advice. So I know a lot about women
So i discovered that ladies can do alot to save this world
They are our mothers, wives, lovers etc
They can reduce indecent dressing, the spread of dreaded diseases, they can even stop corruption, and they will build your home or destroy it.
I have visited your page and I will recommend it

1 Like

Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by nep2ra(m): 1:06am On Apr 01, 2013
Typical high highfalutin BULLS**T! *yawns*
Re: Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! by shizzle11(m): 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2013
Erm erm, Op has very luscious lips sha!

But I can't fit shout for dat Okocha number'o!
Haba! So Ɣ☺ΰ expect him to hold body abi? As in wood. If he goes to get it elsewhere now, u people will shout promiscuity when its not like she hasn't done it before. †ђξ reason why plenty a man say naija girls are confused and don't know what they want. When other sensible girls are enthusiastic in knowing †ђξ size, elasticity and performance rate of their partners John Thomas before marriage, Ɣ☺ΰ're here preaching abstinence.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

So I Braced Up And Stepped Out Today!!!!! Photos! / Black Man Paradise ( United kingdom Top Six Cities Exposed ) / EROTIC: The Housemaid's Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.