Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans (23660 Views)

Etisalat Nigeria Blackberry 10 Plans / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by adewasco2k(m): 7:51am On Feb 22, 2013
MTN have revealed that the unlimited data service that had become a hallmark of BlackBerry devices in most African countries will not be offered with the BlackBerry Z10 on network.

MTN gave the warning to customers that devices running on the new BlackBerry 10 platform will not support the existing BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) data packages.

Previously there was some industry speculation that certain BlackBerry services, particularly BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), might remain unlimited even if all other data use is capped.

Older BlackBerry devices need a subscription to BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) for features such as BBM and e-mail to work.
MTN has then released three (3) data plans for its blackberry 10 devices called BB10 lite , BB10 MiDi and the BB10 Maxi . All with options of weekly plan or monthly plan. (See plans details below).

The worry about the BB10 plans is the data cap, considering that same network provider gives unlimited data to older Blackberry devices for 1,500 Naira, while for the BB10 customers will have to pay 3,000 Naira to get 1GB of data.

Today (22nd February, 2013) marks the end of the pre-ordering of blackberry z10 from MTN in Nigeria and we expect to start getting the phones anytime from now.
Pre-ordering the blackberry z10 is also available by other networks but the data plan for them is yet to be known.

http://www.wasconet.com/mtn-nigerias-blackberry-10-plans/
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 22, 2013
Awon oloshi (not sure if I got that right)

2 Likes

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by mhozzis(m): 8:43am On Feb 22, 2013
I can see BB fans upgrading to Android 4.2.

12 Likes

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Francheezy(m): 10:11am On Feb 22, 2013
hahahaha...crazy pe0ple
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Scarpon(m): 1:58pm On Feb 22, 2013
mhozzis: I can see BB fans upgrading to Android 4.2.
am in the spirit too
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Scarpon(m): 2:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
now all this network provider just got lucky about this bb10 stuff Nigerians would have run them down with the other blackberry packages imagine every body is buying a blackberry just because of the low cut on data plans
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by cecegorz(m): 3:14pm On Feb 23, 2013
That's right bro.
Especially when you can still subscribe for 1500 monthly BIS on your android, share the data through your wifi tethering, and feed your lappy and other devices.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by gen2briz(m): 7:37pm On Feb 23, 2013
How will I recover my money back...... I don't want again
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Lexusgs430: 7:51pm On Feb 23, 2013

Or better still, stick with older devices !!!!

2 Likes

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
BB10 OS is wonderful and still has the bb compression property. The wonderful thing about it is you can either use it like any other smart phone or like any other blackberry which has that data compression property. It has lots of other wonderful properties like the time shift,bb hub etc.

1 Like

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by adewasco2k(m): 9:35pm On Feb 23, 2013
gen2briz: How will I recover my money back...... I don't want again
lol...if you can buy it then you shouldnt worry about paying 1,500 for 1GB of data tongue *with a jealous face*
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by tolx: 7:25am On Feb 24, 2013
Outrageous!!! Let's see what the other service providers come up with!
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Cosmopolice: 5:41pm On Feb 24, 2013
Kwasia bb10 my foot
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by uchlukez(f): 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2013
10th to comment. angry grin grin
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by CeCeBillz(f): 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2013
3k for wat?sad wen na only NL I de browse huh? Person never see food chop na nonsense plan u go waste moni do cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2013
I aint buying another blackberry. Make e be z50 or GEJ20. i no buy again.

5 Likes

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by CeCeBillz(f): 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2013
Don't worry bro! De 10th shall be de first somedaygrin
uchlukez: 10th to comment. angry grin grin
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 24, 2013
hmm
cecegorz:
That's right bro.
Especially when you can still subscribe for 1500 monthly BIS on your android, share the data through your wifi tethering, and feed your lappy and other devices.
Can you do that with mtn or etisalat??
cecegorz:
That's right bro.
pls how do u do this as in what code do u text plus will u have unlimited browsing on ur android if u do?
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by fitzmayowa: 5:50pm On Feb 24, 2013
Naija guys go run away frm dis bb10, what's bb10 without an unlimited bis plan
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2013
Airtel offers something similar for 1,400, 1gb.

More people may choose to stick to the old Blackberry Models - but even at that, it's clear the famous "Blackberry Subscription" is reaching it's limit.

From "Fair Use Policies" to "Speed Caps", brace yourselves, Blackberry Users.
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 24, 2013
@uchlukez
Pls create a thread & b d first 2 comment. Stop advertizing childishness here
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Olugbenger(m): 5:52pm On Feb 24, 2013
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 24, 2013
born2bleep: BB10 OS is wonderful and still has the bb compression property. The wonderful thing about it is you can either use it like any other smart phone or like any other blackberry which has that data compression property. It has lots of other wonderful properties like the time shift,bb hub etc.
_
Seriously? That's what you call "wonderful"?

2 Likes

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by joek(m): 6:05pm On Feb 24, 2013
My droid eris does not power on/boot. Please help me!
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by kkkp: 6:06pm On Feb 24, 2013
This is absolute rubbish!!!! BB without unlimited data is an empty container...Android here I cum
adewasco2k: MTN have revealed that the unlimited data service that had become a hallmark of BlackBerry devices in most African countries will not be offered with the BlackBerry Z10 on network.

MTN gave the warning to customers that devices running on the new BlackBerry 10 platform will not support the existing BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) data packages.

Previously there was some industry speculation that certain BlackBerry services, particularly BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), might remain unlimited even if all other data use is capped.

Older BlackBerry devices need a subscription to BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) for features such as BBM and e-mail to work.
MTN has then released three (3) data plans for its blackberry 10 devices called BB10 lite , BB10 MiDi and the BB10 Maxi . All with options of weekly plan or monthly plan. (See plans details below).

The worry about the BB10 plans is the data cap, considering that same network provider gives unlimited data to older Blackberry devices for 1,500 Naira, while for the BB10 customers will have to pay 3,000 Naira to get 1GB of data.

Today (22nd February, 2013) marks the end of the pre-ordering of blackberry z10 from MTN in Nigeria and we expect to start getting the phones anytime from now.
Pre-ordering the blackberry z10 is also available by other networks but the data plan for them is yet to be known.

http://www.wasconet.com/mtn-nigerias-blackberry-10-plans/
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by funshybam(m): 6:07pm On Feb 24, 2013
27TH TO COMMENT......I'm getting there

**THANK YOU JESUS***
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 24, 2013
Can it predict if Nigeria will win the world cup then we are in. If not they should use it to decorate their call centres.
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by 0Edward0(m): 6:08pm On Feb 24, 2013
Who is blackberry? Is she a musician?

6 Likes

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by BrightDeGea(m): 6:09pm On Feb 24, 2013
Android rules, that slim rope of unlimited data holding the old blackberrys will soon cut

2 Likes

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by cornel1900: 6:10pm On Feb 24, 2013
If ǖя̲̣̥ device is working well for υ̲̣̥, why give ǖя̲̣̥ self all these stress in ⓓ name trend? My advice,
stick to what works ④ υ̲̣̥!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Infinix Zero 5, Price and Specification Discussion Thread / Tecno Droipad 8 With Android 5.0 Lollipop / NCC Slams N4Million Fine On Innjoo For Selling Substandard Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.