Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,411 members, 7,781,191 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:25 AM

What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? (54890 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / So Many Ladies Over The Age Of 30, Please What Is The Problem!!!? / Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Dagr8tosyn: 2:38pm On Feb 22, 2013
To my best of knowledge exposure can make or mar ladies of this generation, issue of environment and family back ground is a strongly influence in the Life of Ladies, making them to end up being Single parent; therefore Single Parent for example could easily make all female children grow up without fatherly love, atmosphere and believing it's interesting, and best to live as a single lady.

More so, it is not common for you to see a single lady at over 30years of age in most good homes where both parent exist. Please how do we correct the insanity of so many overdue (for marriage)single ladies and single parent in this part of the world, I strongly advice young ladies deviate from their mother’s believe( situation and condition) and come out different from the ways they are trained...?

Please what is your take on this topic?

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by intrepid: 9:01pm On Feb 22, 2013
Westernization and especially influence of the media has helped to create this.Also I think that the long years spent in sch also contributes to delayed marriage....But I'LL LIKE TO STATE THAT EVERYONE likes a happy home,nice and caring husband and good children.Nothing on earth replaces this but many dont eventually have it...This singlemess can be curbed by re-orientation and upholding of our culture.

21 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:18am On Feb 23, 2013
Bro, betta husband don scarce.

28 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 5:20am On Feb 23, 2013
**waiting**
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by luvmijeje(f): 6:43am On Feb 23, 2013
If u are above 30 and u still single pls don't settle for less.I know it is easier said than done but what is the use of getting married and u re unhappy.
Pls don't let society pressurize u into making a wrong choice.
'Why are there high rate of divorcee and single mothers' are threads that people should open on NL.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by kolamilan(m): 9:39am On Feb 23, 2013
they are waiting for the right man
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by realdon(m): 10:57am On Feb 23, 2013
luvmijeje: If u are above 30 and u still single pls don't settle for less.I know it is easier said than done but what is the use of getting married and u re unhappy.
'Why are there high rate of divorcee and single mothers' are threads that people should open on NL.

What defines the word'less'?

Aiming too high is the genesis of all these problems. Ladies tends tend to b materialistic than realistic.

May God help us all

89 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by frostbyte: 9:34pm On Feb 23, 2013
It is 99% self inflicted and please dont pity them.

20 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:48am On Feb 24, 2013
But seriously, anything wrong for a lady to wait until she is sixty five. If u wanna dig gold from a very hard rock, you shud not care about the axe.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by tpia1: 2:49am On Feb 24, 2013
sarcasm?
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Dagr8tosyn: 1:07pm On Feb 25, 2013
You all have made good points, but to my best of knowledge, Ladies that fall within these age range deserve no preferential attention and should not be reckon with in their plight because it's weakling that put blames on others for failure. Looking for or waiting for the best? It won't come if you are not make one! Aside from up growing influence from single parent; Greed, Over exposure, pomposity, not God fearing and not following God's will for their life put them in the mess...therefore any lady above 30yrs of age should seek the face of God and change their ways(hypocrisy, pretence and fake life).May God help we men who seriously want and look forward to the better woman to marry.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by bamosagie(m): 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2013
Peer pressure, family influence, competition,financial consideration, religious background, pastor say so factor.
mostly the main reason is indecision on the part of the lady.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by sunnyt1(m): 12:41am On Feb 27, 2013
luvmijeje: If u are above 30 and u still single pls don't settle for less.I know it is easier said than done but what is the use of getting married and u re unhappy.

Seriously, u jst gave d world a new meaning of "fantasy"

So u actually tink getting married to a particular guy means u are settling for less.

Until marriage is viewed in d rit direction, d way God designed it originally, we wud keep getting it wrong.

Status, height, standard of living, colour, race, among odas, shd neva be d yardstick for marriage

U jst echoed wat d OP said.

22 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by greatgod2012(f): 3:01am On Feb 27, 2013
realdon:

Aiming too high is the genesis of all these problems. Ladies tends tend to b materialistic than realistic.

May God help us all

i completely agree with your post.............but why did you use my slogan? grin grin grin grin
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by tpia5: 3:16am On Feb 27, 2013
realdon:

May God help us all

amen.

sunny t:

So u actually tink getting married to a particular guy means u are settling for less.

hmm, could be relative i suppose.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by marro(f): 4:03am On Feb 27, 2013
At which age would u gett married and u won't be settling for less?
Ladies just needed to wake up and see dis man/woman stuff realistically.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by luvmijeje(f): 6:25am On Feb 27, 2013
Oops am seeing this late.I said it,most people on NL have been programmed to think one way.So immediately u see less,it means settling for a rich guy.
Fine,money is an important ingredient but is relative as far basic necessities of life is met.
Now,at this stage due to alot of influence,people get marry for the sake of I want to get marry.When I wrote 'less' I mean settling for a guy that is abusive,a wife beater,irresponsible etc.A guy u know u wont settle for if not for the pressure.

21 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Dagr8tosyn: 1:36pm On Feb 27, 2013
luvmijeje: Oops am seeing this late.I said it,most people on NL have been programmed to think one way.So immediately u see less,it means settling for a rich guy.
Fine,money is an important ingredient but is relative as far basic necessities of life is met.
Now,at this stage due to alot of influence,people get marry for the sake of I want to get marry.When I wrote 'less' I mean settling for a guy that is abusive,a wife beater,irresponsible etc.A guy u know u wont settle for if not for the pressure.
I think the meaning of your less is understandable, but won't be acceptable to some many guys...because 'less' connote not being able to handle a relationship via riches, and all other factors without attitude you just mentioned. A man that will beat his wife would not be known mostly from beginning until later in marriage, only God will help ladies...I advice ladies should be more realistic, God fearing and decisive rather waste their expensive time in singles and regret it in sooner future, I don't subscribe to someone being a serious born again at 34yrs of age because of marriage, when you have flexed and flirt all years back thinking a rich guy somewhere is coming for you, and despising the days of little beginning.

16 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by bornosheikh: 2:03pm On Feb 27, 2013
Over-priced goods in the shop, while forgetting they are giffen goods.

This leads to frustration, no interest by correct men, wild search for cures(pastor, self-help books,power-enta etc...), then out of severe desperation...dem land on 419 guys lap 4 a swift descent into Wahala-ville.

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 5:20pm On Feb 27, 2013
Richfella: Bro, betta husband don scarce.

Yeah true talk... But them still dey shA, no matter how few.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 9:26pm On Feb 27, 2013
dmcdad:
Yeah true talk... But them still dey shA, no matter how few.
Guy leave that side. Better husband no scarce, most people simply have "Over-inflated" favorites....

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by gbengene05: 11:33am On Feb 28, 2013
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by blazingtrain: 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2013
undecided undecided
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by engrtee(f): 4:08pm On Feb 28, 2013
Girls are the cause. They flex life when they are 20 ,date difrent guys önly to wake up in their 30s

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 4:26pm On Feb 28, 2013
gbengene05: www.loveforal..com
**hisses**
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by sunnyt1(m): 5:53pm On Feb 28, 2013
luvmijeje: Oops am seeing this late.I said it,most people on NL have been programmed to think one way.So immediately u see less,it means settling for a rich guy.

Hey dear, who doesnt know wat "LESS" means? Iv neva seen a case wia LESS was used like u claimed, dats y i said u gave us a new definition of "fantasy"

And is dia any living thing who dosnt know d mindset of a typical Nigerian gal? We know wat a gal means when she says she wants a God fearin man.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by luvmijeje(f): 7:44pm On Feb 28, 2013
@Sunny_t, am in agreement with u that u ve not seen where 'less' is used that way,that is why I said most people mind on NL have been programmed to think one way.
What does a girl mean when she says she want a God fearing man?
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by nbright: 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2013
realdon:

May God help us all
And may God bless u a thousand fold for this comment of yours... Amen.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by nbright: 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
Da gr8tosyn: I don't subscribe to someone being a serious born again at 34yrs of age because of marriage, when you have flexed and flirt all years back thinking a rich guy somewhere is coming for you, and despising the days of little beginning.
so TRUE..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2013
Mynd_44:
Guy leave that side. Better husband no scarce, most people simply have "Over-inflated" favorites....
You are right anywayz... And like someone rightly said, they tend to be more materialistic than realistic... I think that defines why most remain unmarried at such age...

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 2:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
dmcdad:
You are right anywayz... And like someone rightly said, they tend to be more materialistic than realistic... I think that defines why most remain unmarried at such age...
Na so e dey go now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Noxolo Mampa, The South African Lady Who Bashed Nigerian men Finally Apologized / Man Needs Advice After Falling In Love With A Prostitute (Snapshot) / Groom Passionately Kisses His Bride On Their Wedding Day. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.