Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

How A Western Muslim Left Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How A Western Muslim Left Islam (6540 Views)

Liz Anjorin ON Why She Left Christianity For Islam / Ex-muslim Tell Why They Left Islam / Why I Left Islam - By Alaya Mukti Akhtar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Western Muslim Left Islam by MacDaddy01: 1:17am On Feb 23, 2013
Salaam,

We normally see many great stories how people converted to islam. However, this story goes the other way and it seems very touching;

I was born in India. I spent my early childhood in Saudi Arabia. My parents are well educated and they raised me with a strong emphasis on Islam. I learned to read the Quran like most young Muslims do. I went to tajweed classes, I attended halaqas, I went on umrah and hajj. When I was still quite young, my family moved to Canada.

After moving to the West, my parents began to place an even heavier emphasis on Islam. We were always what most would consider a moderate family. We thought suicide bombings were haraam, we did not agree with Al Qaeda or the Taliban, but nonetheless we were not too fond of America either.

My parents bought me Islamic literature, they took me to talks given by local imams and shiekhs. They bought me books by Harun Yahya (imagine a Muslim Ken Ham), I spent hours and hours watching videos on the internet by preachers and evangelizers such as Zakir Naik. I was enthralled. I read about the scientific miracles of the Quran. Embryology being in the Quran before scientists discovered it. The miracle of the two bodies of water not mixing, mountains being pegs, the seven layers of the atmosphere, and the big bang. All of these amazing bits of "science" were in my holy book!

When I was about 12, a supply science teacher put on a video in science class. The movie mentioned human history and made a cursory mention of how humans had evolved from other life forms. Right there, in the middle of class, I pulled out a book by Harun Yahya that I had been reading. I called out the teacher. I told him evolution was a lie and that he was making a mistake teaching it to us. I was a shy kid, but I was not going to sit back and let this man lie to my classmates. The poor teacher, I saw his face sink, he was going to say something, but he bit his tongue and turned the movie off. I had won. This was all the proof I needed to reaffirm what Harun Yahya had told me in his books - the scientists all knew evolution was 'just a theory' and all lies. The evil scientists just did not admit the lies they knew they were telling. I felt vindicated.

When I was 13, I enrolled in a Hifz program to make my family proud. My mother had told me how a Hafiz would be asked on judgement day to say the names of ten people he wanted in heaven with him. At first I thought, wait a second, I thought there was no intercession on judgement day. But what my ami-jaan was saying was amazing enough to push the doubt to the back of my head.

At 14, I met a boy in high school. He was a hardcore Salafi. He told me he supported the Taliban. He told me Bin Laden was framed for 9/11 and the West just hated Islam and wanted to kill Muslims. America and the Yahood wanted to start a new crusade against Islam. They would not rest until they conquered all Muslim lands. He told me that the Islam I followed was a "pussified, westernized" version of Islam. Muslims like me were like house negroes. He told me that unless we followed the Sunnah and Quran in its complete entirety, that our faith was lacking. After all, the prophet was the best of men, and that we had to follow him exactly. Up till now, all that meant to me was maybe growing a beard when I was older, entering the washroom with my right foot (yes, Islam has some ridiculous and mundane rules meant to control every little detail of your life), doing dawah, and other such benign things. To me Jihad was an inner struggle. My friend told me it was an inner struggle against Shaitan and an outer struggle against Shaitan's agents - the westerners and the liberal Muslims.

I was confused. My friend told me that his Islam was pure. It came directly from the source. Other sects were based on bida'a. Of course, I knew what bida'a was, but my idea of bida'a was celebrating birthdays and celebrating Halloween. I knew bida'a was used to refer to label the practices of wayward Muslims, but I'd never heard anyone (let alone a young teenager) say the entire world was in jahilliya.

I was torn. As a Muslim, his case for Islam was strong. After all, who was I to question God's own messenger or his message. I decided to do some research. If this was the true Islam, then I would have to become a true Muslim. Not a grocery store Muslim, picking and choosing what to follow.
I read, I read and I read. I read for months. I spent time on forums. I read books. I read everything I could get my hands on.
It sickened me.
This so-called real Islam was disgusting. The stories of Mohammad made my stomach churn. I had a Sahih Bukhari book in my house. It came with commentary. I read it. There were stories about taking sex slaves, the history of the Mohammad's behaviours. I read more about the Ummah, the taba and the taba tabi'en. I tried to find different interpretations, but they didnt satisfy me.
It made me want to throw up. No. This could not be the real Islam. Islam was peace. Islam was submission to God. Islam was getting up early on Eid and watching my mother make kheer. Islam was long nights of taraweeh. Islam was samosas in Ramadan. Islam was science. Islam was a miracle.
I was 16. I couldnt handle it. I stopped reading. I stopped learning. I just focused on school for a bit. I stumbled on a forum of liberal Muslims. They called themselves the Submitters, or Quranists. The Quranist rejected the hadith. Not just some hadith, but the entire corpus of Sunni Hadith and scholarship could be tossed. Every book and every collection. Bukhari, Tirmidhi, Muslim, Abu Dawood, Al-Nasai, Ibn Majah - all out the window. They the believed only in the Quran. I read about how the hadith were corrupt. Allah did not guarantee their authenticity. I read some more. They claimed that the hadith were lies, the Quran was the only truth. Without the hadith, I could reject all the stories about Mohammad's misadventures. I could reject the infighting after his death. I could turn a blind eye to the obvious political maneuvering and posturing the entire ummah took part in from the day Mohammad became a prophet, to the Rashidun Khalifas. After all, we learned what happened there mainly from the Sirah and the Hadith, and the Quranists said it was all bogus. I did not need to hear their proofs. I just wanted a cop out. I needed a way to reconcile the Islam I grew up with and the Islam I had learned about in the past year.

I was happy! I was excited. I started reading about Islam again, I thanked God for opening my eyes to the truth. What a relief. Cognitive dissonance was driving me insane, and how better to stop it than becoming a Quran-only Muslim.
It did not last long. I was at the Masjid, I stayed after Isha to listen to the Imam give a talk on friday nights as he usually did. Today was about wife beating. He read out from the Quran. He explained that wife beating was not allowed in Islam. The Quran simply told us to lightly tap our wives with something like a miswak when she misbehaved, but only after following some other steps.
I knew bullshit when I heard it. I went home and and asked on the liberal Muslim forum. Their answer was the same as the imam. I did not buy it. I read some older English translations and I read that beating was allowed. I remembered what my friend had told me before. My Islam was a "pussified, westernized" Islam. It was changed to fit the time I was in. Wife beating was not allowed in Western society. It was a disgusting crime, so of course it had to be explained away from the Quran. The Quranist's explanation made no sense. They were arguing against history.

Growing up, I was taught every other religion was wrong. If Islam was wrong too, then what else was there? I did not know what to do, so I did nothing.
A few months later, I stumbled across a video on YouTube. It was by a biologist named Kenneth Miller. Miller gave an hour long lecture in support of evolution. I watched. The video was not even over before I knew this was it. It was over. I could not consider myself a Muslim in any sense of the word any more.
Everything I knew. My entire faith. My community. It was built on a lie told centuries ago. Its been five years now. I'm happy. I'm about to graduate from university. I've come to accept the way the world is. I majored in evolutionary biology. (Syed Qutb must be turning in his grave.)My parents do not know anything, but they have their suspicions.I'll be applying to some graduate programs that are really exciting. Whatever happens,I'll be happy. I'll try to live my life without harming anyone. In the past five years, four of my friends have told me they no longer believe in the faith anymore. They came to me because they remember me as the religious one. They were hoping I could soothe their doubts and convince them to come back to Islam.

Hah!
Edit: I wrote this while including Islamic terminology because I wanted to reach out to those Muslims on reddit having doubts and looking for people who can understand where they are coming form. Please join us on /r/exmuslim.
http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/191dpe/how_learning_about_islam_drove_me_away_from_it/
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by tbaba1234: 7:57am On Feb 23, 2013
I grew up thinking religion was ridiculous

Journey from Atheism to Islam stunned, disappointed parents

Five months before their marriage, Karen Meek's fiancé told her that he was becoming a Muslim. Ms. Meek, an atheist, was taken aback.
"I thought he was being brainwashed into something," she said. "All of a sudden he stopped drinking alcohol. He wanted to pray every day. He stopped eating pork."
For months, Eric Meek, a lapsed Baptist, had studied Islam without telling her. Now, when he went to work, Ms. Meek poured over his books and videos, trying to understand his faith.
She never expected to be attracted to Islam.

"I grew up thinking religion was ridiculous," said Ms. Meek, 33, of Lewisville. "I didn't believe in God. I had no idea how the universe was created and, frankly, didn't care."
She said Islam had a logic to it that she couldn't resist.

"Coming from an atheist background, I had an easier time accepting Islam than a Christian because I didn't have to unlearn or give up any beliefs," she said.
After getting married, she prayed for the first time while her husband was at work. She learned how from a book.
"Until this point, I had done everything privately, without telling him," she said. "I did not want to join a religion just because he did. I wanted to discover it on my own."
She and her husband began meeting with other Muslims to study the Quran, the holy book of Islam. Eventually, she made her profession of faith.
Her choice of religions stunned her parents.

"One day she came and she wearing a scarf and a dress down to her ankles," said her father, Ray Allred of Carrollton. "I was shocked."
He said he was estranged from his daughter for a time because of her religion. They're close now, though he fears for her safety since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
"You want to love your child, but when they do something so foreign to you, it's very difficult," he said. "I'd give anything if she hadn't adopted this religion."
Those comments were echoed by Jane Barrett of Flower Mound, who's Ms. Meek's mother. She said she especially dislikes the hijab, or head covering, that her daughter wears.
"Karen is such a pretty girl with beautiful hair," she said.

Ms. Meek said she understands. After becoming a Muslim, it took her many months to adopt Islamic dress.
"I would wear the hijab places where people didn't know me," she said and laughed. Now, she wears it all the time -- even to work, where she is an accounting clerk for a restaurant chain.
She said embracing Islam has caused her to see life in a new way.

"Going from not believing in God to believing in God is amazing," she said. "Islam opened my eyes to so many things I had taken for granted, mostly that life is a gift."

http://www.muslimconverts.com/newmuslims/Karen_Meek.htm

1 Like

Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by MacDaddy01: 8:20am On Feb 23, 2013
tbaba1234: I grew up thinking religion was ridiculous

Journey from Atheism to Islam stunned, disappointed parents

Five months before their marriage, Karen Meek's fiancé told her that he was becoming a Muslim. Ms. Meek, an atheist, was taken aback.
"I thought he was being brainwashed into something," she said. "All of a sudden he stopped drinking alcohol. He wanted to pray every day. He stopped eating pork."
For months, Eric Meek, a lapsed Baptist, had studied Islam without telling her. Now, when he went to work, Ms. Meek poured over his books and videos, trying to understand his faith.
She never expected to be attracted to Islam.

"I grew up thinking religion was ridiculous," said Ms. Meek, 33, of Lewisville. "I didn't believe in God. I had no idea how the universe was created and, frankly, didn't care."
She said Islam had a logic to it that she couldn't resist.

"Coming from an atheist background, I had an easier time accepting Islam than a Christian because I didn't have to unlearn or give up any beliefs," she said.
After getting married, she prayed for the first time while her husband was at work. She learned how from a book.
"Until this point, I had done everything privately, without telling him," she said. "I did not want to join a religion just because he did. I wanted to discover it on my own."
She and her husband began meeting with other Muslims to study the Quran, the holy book of Islam. Eventually, she made her profession of faith.
Her choice of religions stunned her parents.

"One day she came and she wearing a scarf and a dress down to her ankles," said her father, Ray Allred of Carrollton. "I was shocked."
He said he was estranged from his daughter for a time because of her religion. They're close now, though he fears for her safety since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
"You want to love your child, but when they do something so foreign to you, it's very difficult," he said. "I'd give anything if she hadn't adopted this religion."
Those comments were echoed by Jane Barrett of Flower Mound, who's Ms. Meek's mother. She said she especially dislikes the hijab, or head covering, that her daughter wears.
"Karen is such a pretty girl with beautiful hair," she said.

Ms. Meek said she understands. After becoming a Muslim, it took her many months to adopt Islamic dress.
"I would wear the hijab places where people didn't know me," she said and laughed. Now, she wears it all the time -- even to work, where she is an accounting clerk for a restaurant chain.
She said embracing Islam has caused her to see life in a new way.

"Going from not believing in God to believing in God is amazing," she said. "Islam opened my eyes to so many things I had taken for granted, mostly that life is a gift."

http://www.muslimconverts.com/newmuslims/Karen_Meek.htm

It would you you well to read the first line of the op and then delete your comment. There are many threads that talk about converts to islam on this section. Do you honestly think this thread is one of them? Why not dicuss why you feel that this person in the op shouldnt have left islam......

You clearly felt that this was a challenge and went to get the quickest atheist to islam story you could find.

Very predictable
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by snubish: 9:34pm On Feb 23, 2013
tbaba!cheesycheesycheesy
I mean how many times can one say the same thing. If an adult wants to ignore the veracity of the Quran and deny the existence of spirit beings and magic, deny the resurrection and the ultimate judgement of the last day, then good luck to him. For each man his way.

1 Like

Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by LagosShia: 1:00am On Feb 25, 2013
The below points expose the ignorance and lame excuses contained in the OP's story detailing why an alleged Muslim left Islam:

1. Intercession or tawassul,only salafists among Sunnis deny it.

2.He later went on to tell us how he met a salafist who held terrorists as heroes.

3.Muslims should enter bathrooms with the left foot;not with the right as stated.

4. Salafists consider celebrating birthdays (especially that of the Prophet (sa) to be "bid'ah".if the author wasn't a salafist Sunni,then why the many similarities with them?

5."Sex slaves",a propaganda term attributed by missionaries against Islam,especially Christian missionaries who have not read Numbers 31:17 in their Bible.

6. From salafist to quranist/submitter=from mud into $hit!

7. And here goes the drama again about the Quran allegedly allowing "wife beating",without context,history,reasoning or logic.

I'm sure MacDaddy knows the threads already available on nairaland discussing the Quran and "wife beating".so don't bother to think we are going over that again.make a quick google search on nairaland for those threads.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Nobody: 6:37am On Feb 25, 2013
LagosShia: 6. From salafist to quranist/submitter=from mud into $hit!
So Salafists are in mud and Quranists are in shít? I wonder which disgusting substance Sunni Muslims are living in.........
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by deols(f): 7:20am On Feb 25, 2013
fellis:
So Salafists are in mud and Quranists are in shít? I wonder which disgusting substance Sunni Muslims are living in.........

and I wonder how this kind of statements make shia Islam desirable

1 Like

Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 25, 2013
deols:
and I wonder how this kind of statements make shia Islam desirable
Lol. I tire for that guy and his funny animosity towards non-shiites.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by maclatunji: 10:35am On Feb 25, 2013
I seriously doubt the reality of the story. The style of writing is more structured rather than spontaneous. It is possible to leave Islam but that person would not take the effort to write like this. This is a clever attempt to demarket Islam.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by justaqad(m): 12:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
Alhamdulilahi i am a muslim...
logicboi you are better than this.
seriously i dont see any logical reason why he left Islam.
abi i skip some paragraphs?
his excuses are so lame,even pope would discredit this story.hehehehehehehehehe
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Saksreal(f): 3:03pm On Feb 25, 2013
Why am I not surprised??
Some people would come up with imaginary stories just to deface Islam.

Besides there are already enof flaws in the post.

1 Like

Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by MacDaddy01: 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
LagosShia, Justaqad, Fellis, Maclatunji and co;

I dontknow how you selectively read this person's story and missed the part where he mentioned;

-Wife beating that is clearly written in the quran (an then reduced to "tap lightly)
-Taking of slaves as mentioned in Sahih Bukari
-The disagreement between the Quranists and the people who use both Quran and sunni hadiths.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Stalwert: 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
Abdulsleek seems to be every where, it is evident no one does Islam a favour by remaining a mulsim neither do they do it any harm by leaving it!
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by justaqad(m): 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2013
MacDaddy01: LagosShia, Justaqad, Fellis, Maclatunji and co;

I dontknow how you selectively read this person's story and missed the part where he mentioned;

-Wife beating that is clearly written in the quran (an then reduced to "tap lightly)

Wife beating anytime and for any reason is never allowed in Islam. There is however a questionable condition where Allah Almighty seems to allow the husband to beat his wife, and that is after he gives her two warnings to stop showing ill-conduct and disloyalty.
MacDaddy01:
-Taking of slaves as mentioned in Sahih Bukari
what about QURAN?
MacDaddy01:
-The disagreement between the Quranists and the people who use both Quran and sunni hadiths.

this is a weak reason.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
justaqad:

Wife beating anytime and for any reason is never allowed in Islam. There is however a questionable condition where Allah Almighty seems to allow the husband to beat his wife, and that is after he gives her two warnings to stop showing ill-conduct and disloyalty.

I read that the Arabic word in the verse which was translated as "beat" can also be translated to mean "separate", as Arabic is a multi-meaning language, and as such no word has a fixed sole meaning. I think the interpretation of the verse would be to seperate and not to beat as there are some Hadith where the Prophet told Muslim men to not beat their wives. One of them;
Narrated Mu'awiyah al-Qushayri: "I went to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and asked him: What do you say (command) about our wives? He replied: Give them food what you have for yourself, and clothe them by which you clothe yourself, and do not beat them, and do not revile them."
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by LagosShia: 8:56pm On Feb 25, 2013
fellis:

Learn first.

Salafists also known in saudi arabia as "wahhabis" (derogatory) represent an ideology within Sunni Islam.they are a tiny minority among Sunnis.Salafists are Sunnis,but not all Sunnis are Salafists.however the Salafist ideology easily encroaches into Sunni Islam with the Salafists under disguise of being Sunnis.Salafists/Wahhabis are mostly rejected because of the violence and terror they perpetrate largely against innocent Shia Muslim and Christian civilians,and the violence,extremism and intolerance the ideology promotes;which contradicts the message of peace,moderation and tolerance the Quran promotes in respect to those of different faiths that have not attacked or offended Muslims.groups like alqaeda and its affiliates like boko haram adhere to the Salafist/Wahhabi ideology.

Don't blame me for saying they are in mud.I'm being generous and kind to them.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 25, 2013
LagosShia:
Learn first.
Salafists also known in saudi arabia as "wahhabis" (derogatory) represent an ideology within Sunni Islam.they are a tiny minority among Sunnis.Salafists are Sunnis,but not all Sunnis are Salafists.however the Salafist ideology easily encroaches into Sunni Islam with the Salafists under disguise of being Sunnis.Salafists/Wahhabis are mostly rejected because of the violence and terror they perpetrate largely against innocent Shia Muslim and Christian civilians,and the violence,extremism and intolerance the ideology promotes;which contradicts the message of peace,moderation and tolerance the Quran promotes in respect to those of different faiths that have not attacked or offended Muslims.groups like alqaeda and its affiliates like boko haram adhere to the Salafist/Wahhabi ideology.
Don't blame me for saying they are in mud.I'm being generous and kind to them.

Wow.
Thanks for the expository essay on the extremist ways of the mud dwelling wahabis. It was quite enlightening smiley
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by BetaThings: 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
LagosShia: The below points expose the ignorance and lame excuses contained in the OP's story detailing why an alleged Muslim left Islam:

1. Intercession or tawassul,only salafists among Sunnis deny it.

They don't deny it. They say do intercession properly. They say Don't take the dead as intercessors. Why? Because the dead are dead
It can NEVER be repeated too much. Ask Allah DIRECTLY
If in doubt, check suratul Fatiha. We ASK directly there

LagosShia:

6. From salafist to quranist/submitter=from mud into $hit!

You can see someone who says propaganda about Iran is about Islam now talking about non-shiites
Shias are friends to no one. They look out only for themselves
Anyway Nigerian SSS do not agree with you. They are up to their neck in Iranian plots to undermine world peace
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by LagosShia: 11:35pm On Feb 25, 2013
^
Silence is the best answer to the one who avoids reason and facts,and chooses arguments and provocation.

Silence is the best answer to the ....

Boko haram Salafist defender on the loose.run,he's about to perform suicide arguments! grin
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by LagosShia: 11:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
fellis:

Wow.
Thanks for the expository essay on the extremist ways of the mud dwelling wahabis. It was quite enlightening smiley

Its a pleasure smiley
You're welcome my dear sister!

May Allah protect us and Islam from the "mud-dwellers"!
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by BetaThings: 1:50am On Feb 26, 2013
LagosShia: ^
Silence is the best answer to the one who avoids reason and facts,and chooses arguments and provocation.

Silence is the best answer to the ....

Boko haram Salafist defender on the loose.run,he's about to perform suicide arguments! grin

Welcome back. Been missing the abuses (the hallmark of your sect) and the divisive agenda masquerading as promotion of Islam
Provocation? I don't compete based on another's core competence
More harm is done to Islam in your hands than by the non-muslims
Propaganda against Islam indeed!

Enjoy these

Iran's terror agenda in Nigeria
http://www.punchng.com/editorial/iran-and-new-face-of-terrorism-in-nigeria/

Massacre of Sunnis-agenda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDnbfhqez7M

Suicide by self flaggelation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DakgHvUTABw

2 Likes

Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 26, 2013
LagosShia:
Its a pleasure smiley
You're welcome my dear sister!
May Allah protect us and Islam from the "mud-dwellers"!
Yes indeed! My dear Muslim brother!
Good thing the wonderful shias that do not fight wars like the wahabis are there to give Islam a good name after the reprobate wahabis make us look bad smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by MacDaddy01: 9:59am On Feb 26, 2013
justaqad:

what about QURAN?

this is a weak reason.

Your defense is very shallow. No onder the guy left islam. So in essence, you have confessed that wife beating is allowed and slavery is in the hadith?
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by MacDaddy01: 10:04am On Feb 26, 2013
fellis:

I read that the Arabic word in the verse which was translated as "beat" can also be translated to mean "separate", as Arabic is a multi-meaning language, and as such no word has a fixed sole meaning. I think the interpretation of the verse would be to seperate and not to beat as there are some Hadith where the Prophet told Muslim men to not beat their wives. One of them;
Narrated Mu'awiyah al-Qushayri: "I went to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and asked him: What do you say (command) about our wives? He replied: Give them food what you have for yourself, and clothe them by which you clothe yourself, and do not beat them, and do not revile them."

Lies......the word in that context was beat/strike. It is only of recent that apologists have tried to change the meaning from beat to tap lightly to separate after westerners complained about wife beating.

99% of the arabic tanslations translate that word in English as "beat". Are your Quranic translators then ignorant of Arabic? These are muslims that translated it not Logicboy, not christians. What is your excuse?

As for the hadith, there are cases of women being beaten.

Narrated Aisha:Abu Bakr came to towards me and struck me violently with his fist and said, "You have detained the people because of your necklace." But I remained motionless as if I was dead lest I should awake Allah's Apostle although that hit was very painful.

Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by LagosShia: 11:20am On Feb 26, 2013
BetaThings:

Welcome back. Been missing the abuses (the hallmark of your sect) and the divisive agenda masquerading as promotion of Islam
Provocation? I don't compete based on another's core competence
More harm is done to Islam in your hands than by the non-muslims
Propaganda against Islam indeed!
Lol

Living in lala-land,or may be nairaland because most forumers here post like mentally deranged people hardly making any sense.

Enjoy these

Iran's terror agenda in Nigeria
http://www.punchng.com/editorial/iran-and-new-face-of-terrorism-in-nigeria/
"Suspects" are innocent until proven guilty.

Case still in court.

Iran denies charge.

Suspect denies charge,and was arrested by the SSS through a petition written by rival politicians of the Action Congress of Nigeria.

Iran doesn't go about bombing churches and mosques of sunnis.

Iran is under threat of attack on its nuclear facility by israel,and have made it clear if attacked it will retaliate against israeli and american interests not just in the middle east but worldwide.

And hope you now see why I prefer silence than to argue with you? You can't make sense! You're comparing a sovereign country like iran (which is not the only country that have spies;even america and russia do) to wahhabi/salafist groups that blow people up for belonging to another religion.

Wahhabi/salafist boko haram and alqaeda don't shy from taking responsibility in bombing churches and shia mosques,and even sunnis who anger them!

Massacre of Sunnis-agenda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDnbfhqez7M
That is a caller on a fanatical wahhabi/salafist channel (al-safa tv), broadcasting from pro-israel and pro-america wahhabi saudi arabia,that promotes sectarian hatred.this same channel called for the destruction of the Sayyida Zainab (granddaughter of the Prophet Muhammad) shrine in Syria,which the Shia hold holy and visit.the same saudi arabia sending in terrorists into Syria to remove syria's anti-israel regime of bashar al-assad,who is from the alawites,a sub-sect of Shia Islam.

I just read a report yesterday where wahhabis/salafists would make alternative death threats against both sunnis and shia to incite civil war in iraq.

http://m.thetelegraph.com/mobile/news/ap_news/middle-east/article_bccd72fb-6833-5ba5-b458-f4a0da63f9ae.html

The fact is even if that caller is shia and truly made that call,why did the caller made the threat? Haven't wahhabi/salafist terrorists killed enough Shia in both Iraq and Pakistan? Yet our Shia scholars issue fatwas prohibiting retaliatory attack on Sunni civilians,so we don't become as guilty as the terrorists you're defending,and because collective punishment and randonly attacking innocent Sunnis just for being Sunnis are forbidden .

Genocide Of Shia Muslims In Pakistan
https://www.nairaland.com/1120418/genocide-shia-muslims-pakistan

A Timeline Of Sectarian Terrorism Against Shia Muslims
https://www.nairaland.com/961495/timeline-sectarian-terrorism-against-shia

Suicide by self flaggelation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DakgHvUTABw

Leave him to do his self-flagellation.he is not cutting or wounding anyone but himself.I'm sure he is doing you a favor by reducing the number of Shia.no more need to strap yourself with bomb to blow the Shia.

Sheikh Yasser al-Habib is not an Ayatollah.he follows Ayatollah Shirazi,who is one of the very few Shia authorities who allow self-flagellation on Ashura.

Your suicide arguments didn't kill me.try harder,may be by coming out of my pc's screen with a bomb.yet,boko haram type wahhabi/salafist people are best replied with silence.una nor get sense,una nor go get sense!

1 Like

Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by LagosShia: 11:38am On Feb 26, 2013
fellis:
Yes indeed! My dear Muslim brother!
Good thing the wonderful shias that do not fight wars like the wahabis are there to give Islam a good name after the reprobate wahabis make us look bad smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Thanks dear! smiley smiley smiley

Enjoy the pic below and spread it,otherwise if we don't expose wahhabism/salafism,non-muslims will continue to mistake terrorism for Islam!

Enjoy:

1 Like

Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Zhulfiqar1: 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2013
MacDaddy01:
Lies......the word in that context was beat/strike. It is only of recent that apologists have tried to change the meaning from beat to tap lightly to separate after westerners complained about wife beating.
Interpretation.the word does mean to strike or separate.those who believe its "to strike/beat",specify how the striking/beating should be done.one hadith from the Prophet (s) does state that for the rebellious woman "to strike her with hunger and na-kedness", I.e.deprivation.

99% of the arabic tanslations translate that word in English as "beat". Are your Quranic translators then ignorant of Arabic? These are muslims that translated it not Logicboy, not christians. What is your excuse?
The Quran doesn't give an open cheque to beat women.the woman must be one acting on shame.she must be verbally warned,then have separate beds,and as a last resort to sort of salvage the marriage,she can be "struck" (separate from her and strike her with hunger and na-ked,or beat her depending on interpretation).if I'm to accept the interpretation is to beat and apply force,this is both a restraining order for men by specifying (two previous) steps to take,and also a way that rule out or minimize the chances of divorce (which muslims are taught is very much disliked by God).many muslim and non-muslim men don't follow those steps before striking their women if they feel she's up to some any extra-marital trick.

Narrated Aisha:Abu Bakr came to towards me and struck me violently with his fist and said, "You have detained the people because of your necklace." But I remained motionless as if I was dead lest I should awake Allah's Apostle although that hit was very painful.

First abu bakr was aisha's father.not her husband.the Quran verse is talking about husband and wife.

This hadith and another too where aisha claimed the Prophet (s),who was her husband, pushed her don't hold.see why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXCvnposB1k

1 Like

Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 26, 2013
MacDaddy01:

What context are you talking about?
The verse says wives should first be admonished, secondly they should be avoided in bed then third, the men should separate from them or part from them. This type of parting involves the husband going away from the wife, keeping his distance for some time maybe by going to live elsewhere apart from her and hopefully the wife would feel some remorse and change her behaviour.

The Prophet, like I mentioned before, told men not to beat their wives. I don't think he would have forbidden beating of wives if it was allowed in the Qur'an for men to do that.

I didn't see where beating was encouraged or supported in that Hadith.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 26, 2013
Zhul-fiqar:

The Quran doesn't give an open cheque to beat women.the woman must be one acting on shame.she must be verbally warned,then have separate beds,and as a last resort to sort of salvage the marriage,she can be "struck" (separate from her and strike her with hunger and na-ked,or beat her depending on interpretation).[b]if I'm to accept the interpretation is to beat and apply force,this is both a restraining order for men[/b]by specifying (two previous) steps to take,and also a way that rule out or minimize the chances of divorce (which muslims are taught is very much disliked by God).many muslim and non-muslim men don't follow those steps before striking their women if they feel she's up to some any extra-marital trick.

Why on earth would it mean 'to strike'? You mention in one sentence that the Qur'an does not give an open cheque to beat women then you mention in another sentence that it the verse can mean beating the woman in order to minimize the chances of divorce.

I find it hard to believe that the Qur'an would actually give a go ahead for men to assault women.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 26, 2013
LagosShia:

Thanks dear! smiley smiley smiley

Enjoy the pic below and spread it,otherwise if we don't expose wahhabism/salafism,non-muslims will continue to mistake terrorism for Islam!

Enjoy:

Wow. Shiaism is so cool!!!
Do you have any more denigratory or defamatory pictures of your fellow Muslim brothers to show us?
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by MacDaddy01: 7:15pm On Feb 26, 2013
fellis:

What context are you talking about?
The verse says wives should first be admonished, secondly they should be avoided in bed then third, the men should separate from them or part from them. This type of parting involves the husband going away from the wife, keeping his distance for some time maybe by going to live elsewhere apart from her and hopefully the wife would feel some remorse and change her behaviour.

The Prophet, like I mentioned before, told men not to beat their wives. I don't think he would have forbidden beating of wives if it was allowed in the Qur'an for men to do that.

I didn't see where beating was encouraged or supported in that Hadith.

lol.....I repeat; 99% of your muslim translators put the word as "beat/strike your wives" in surah 4;34.

Furthermore, there is one case in the hadith between the prophet and Aisha but I wont say anymore. After reading Tbaba's conversation with Maclatunji, I am not willing to talk much about the prophet.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by MacDaddy01: 7:18pm On Feb 26, 2013
fellis:

Why on earth would it mean 'to strike'? You mention in one sentence that the Qur'an does not give an open cheque to beat women then you mention in another sentence that it the verse can mean beating the woman in order to minimize the chances of divorce.

I find it hard to believe that the Qur'an would actually give a go ahead for men to assault women.

There are six english translations from the most popular translations of the Quran at Quran.com. All of them say best/strike your wives in Surah 4;34.

How do you explain that? Logicboy wrote it there? The West is having a propaganda?

No, your own muslim scholars translated it so. Ask them.

Wife beating is in the Quran and Hadith. Read it. Even the Ahmadiya guys accept wife beating. I can show you the video on youtube in a secular debate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Muslims Easily Brainwashed / The Importance Of Reading The Qur'an With Tajweed / Busta Rhymes Talks About His Being Muslim (islam Is Fake Anyone? Pt2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.