Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,483 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

How A Western Muslim Left Islam - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How A Western Muslim Left Islam (6531 Views)

Liz Anjorin ON Why She Left Christianity For Islam / Ex-muslim Tell Why They Left Islam / Why I Left Islam - By Alaya Mukti Akhtar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by justaqad(m): 12:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
MacDaddy01:

You might want to rethink that. There is no alpha when a gun is involved or your gbola is being dismembered in your sleep.

However, a slap would even worsen the case. You think she will like you and behave after beating her

when she knows you have been patient and tolerant enough, and she knew she deserved it. why not
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by MacDaddy01: 12:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
justaqad:

so after many failed attempts to bring her to her senses i hit her,its considered Assault abi?
unfortunately for people like you.this is Discipline.
why would a man want to hit the wife if she is not being bad?huh

You know, this is getting nowhere.

I would like you to see what your muslimahs are saying here on this thread since common sense is not working with you.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by justaqad(m): 12:45pm On Feb 27, 2013
MacDaddy01:

You know, this is getting nowhere.

I would like you to see what your muslimahs are saying here on this thread since common sense is not working with you.

common sense is not common after all. i see yours is not common.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by justaqad(m): 12:46pm On Feb 27, 2013
MacDaddy01:

If I have problems with my wife, the solution is simple- I talk to her and if she doesnt listen, I talk to her family and if there is no progress, I stay away for some days.
and if she doesnt listen after staying away?
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by MacDaddy01: 12:48pm On Feb 27, 2013
BetaThings:

No you don't. You simply hate muslims. Last Friday, you wrote

Christian posts have been making front page daily. Have you complained?
Personally I want all (except the fa.g.gots) to have free access to the fp. But an atheist permanently encamped on this section, assuming various aliases and impersonating muslims, complaining about Islamic post on the fp for an obviously untrue reason claiming he dislikes dishonesty is over the top

BTW your quest for "honest", "good" etc muslims is strange. Who is the judge?

Afterall,

Epic fail.

1) You played a straw man irrelevant to the topic at hand. mtchew

2) I have complained about christian threads before. However, christians are ready to debate philosophy (morality from evolution, mind and string theory etc). You muslims have failed to consistently raise this topics that are educative on Nairaland.

3) I was talking about Nairaland muslims. Other western muslims are not as dull as some posters here. Take Adam Deen and other western blogs that debate sensistive issues like Salman Rushdie (which I wrote about and was banned for), eviolution etc.

So you are the dishonest one here
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by MacDaddy01: 12:48pm On Feb 27, 2013
justaqad:
and if she doesnt listen after staying away?

DIVORCE! angry

Is that not the end result? You want me to turn Muhammad Ali on her and give her black eyes?
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 27, 2013
justaqad:
Allah made man an Alpha for a reason... (a mild slap would do d magic)
I simply can't believe what I am reading.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by MacDaddy01: 12:51pm On Feb 27, 2013
maclatunji: You people should know better than allow this hyperactive OP to wind you up. The rules to be observed for the so-called beating make it redundant.

So, you indirectly agree that there is a specific time for wife beating even though it is quite redundant!

Maclatunji, why are you shamed that I exposed some of the muslism here for what they are grin
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by justaqad(m): 12:54pm On Feb 27, 2013
fellis:

would you be surprise if i slap my wife after several admonition? huh
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by MacDaddy01: 12:55pm On Feb 27, 2013
fellis:

I think christian or atheist husband is in place for Fellis smiley
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by justaqad(m): 12:56pm On Feb 27, 2013
MacDaddy01:

DIVORCE! angry

Is that not the end result? You want me to turn Muhammad Ali on her and give her black eyes?

and how have you made her better?
she will still continue in her trend of disobedience. i thought marriage is an institution.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by justaqad(m): 12:57pm On Feb 27, 2013
MacDaddy01:

So, you indirectly agree that there is a specific time for wife beating even though it is quite redundant!

Maclatunji, why are you shamed that I exposed some of the muslism here for what they are grin

there's a difference between assault and correctional Yoruba//akanti/slap
i am not advocating muhammad Ali's style... hehehehehehehehehe
but a slap is more than enough
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by justaqad(m): 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
MacDaddy01:

I think christian or atheist husband is in place for Fellis smiley

like they are any better.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by MacDaddy01: 1:01pm On Feb 27, 2013
justaqad:

and how have you made her better?
she will still continue in her trend of disobedience. i thought marriage is an institution.

Marriage is not a prison. If I have talked to my disobedient wife, talked to her family and avoided her for some weeks and she doesnt want to settle things amicably then it is divorce.

However, communication should solve most marital problems. I know that a not going to marry a woman who disrespects me and so, any problem in my marriagewuld come as a difference in opinion between us and hence we talk it out.

The reverse questiion is important; is a woman allowed to beat her disobedient husband since you accept wife beating?
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by MacDaddy01: 1:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
justaqad:

like they are any better.

As an atheist, I would show all my love to Fellis, no extra wives.

As an atheist and a humanist, I will never hit her because of a disagreement.

As an atheist and a humanist, I will give her equal treatment, what is good for me is good for her.

3 things a conservative muslim like Justaqad will find hard to promise his wife. smiley
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by BetaThings: 1:18pm On Feb 27, 2013
MacDaddy01:
Epic fail.

You love to mark scripts of people on NL.

MacDaddy01:

1) You played a straw man irrelevant to the topic at hand. mtchew

2) I have complained about christian threads before. However, christians are ready to debate philosophy (morality from evolution, mind and string theory etc). You muslims have failed to consistently raise this topics that are educative on Nairaland.

3) I was talking about Nairaland muslims. Other western muslims are not as dull as some posters here. Take Adam Deen and other western blogs that debate sensistive issues like Salman Rushdie (which I wrote about and was banned for), eviolution etc.

So you are the dishonest one here

I deliberately posted so that people who are responding to your posts can simply let your posts stay unanswered
I don't believe whatever you say at all about fairness. The evidence is overwhelming

Actually, we generally don't pay much attention to the agenda non-muslims want us to pursue. You can see that we don't bother with their issues. Allah (SWT) has put that sakinah in our minds. Our primary audience is the Muslim community and Alhamduli Lah, that community is not complaining about how educative topics are. You saw that on Friday with so many people praying for Tbaba, may Allah preserve him and our other contributors.

Again, we revel in being dowdy, strange, dull and boring
May Allah have mercy on, and continue to guide, the strangers
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by MacDaddy01: 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2013
BetaThings:

You love to mark scripts of people on NL.

I deliberately posted so that people who are responding to your posts can simply let your posts stay unanswered
I don't believe whatever you say at all about fairness. The evidence is overwhelming

Actually, we generally don't pay much attention to the agenda non-muslims want us to pursue.

You can see that we don't bother with their issues. Allah (SWT) has put that sakinah in our minds. Our primary audience is the Muslim community and Alhamduli Lah, that community is not complaining about how educative topics are. You saw that on Friday with so many people praying for Tbaba, may Allah preserve him and our other contributors.

Again, we revel in being dowdy, strange, dull and boring
May Allah have mercy on, and continue to guide, the strangers

It is great that many muslims and muslim bloggers are not like you and the average muslim Nairalander.

I mean, how can someone just brush education to one side and call it "non-muslim agenda"? Go and listen to an educated muslim like Adam deen who says that muslims can not ignore evolution and philosophy or science. These three things are very important for any adult of any religion or faith.

Isnt islam about being a better human being? How can you claim to be a better human being if you dont understand the basic philosophical issues with morality? How can you understand humanity without evolution? How can you live in the 21st century as a human being without science. No one is telling you not to be a muslim but at least, get your fellow muslims to accept facts and education. Get them to discuss meaningful things that affect and shape their 21st century lives.

However, you will brush this aside and claim that I am a hater of islam. Probably controlled by Shaytan and his Djinns

Anyways

"An educated atheist is 100% better than an ignorant muslim"
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by maclatunji: 2:14pm On Feb 27, 2013
justaqad:

there's a difference between assault and correctional Yoruba//akanti/slap
i am not advocating muhammad Ali's style... hehehehehehehehehe
but a slap is more than enough
You are not allowed to slap or do physical harm.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by justaqad(m): 2:17pm On Feb 27, 2013
MacDaddy01:

As an atheist, I would show all my love to Fellis, no extra wives.
Extra wives are allowed on strict conditions.
besides i never liked polygamy. so you fail.. tongue tongue tongue

MacDaddy01:
As an atheist and a humanist, I will never hit her because of a disagreement.
i will never hit my wife cos of a disagreement,but will when she is being crazy.

MacDaddy01:
As an atheist and a humanist, I will give her equal treatment, what is good for me is good for her.
same principle applies to me.. tongue tongue tongue

MacDaddy01:

3 things a conservative muslim like Justaqad will find hard to promise his wife. smiley

epic fall.
hehehehehehehe

ONE THING YOU CAN NEVER GIVE FELLIS AS AN ATHEIST.
1.AS AN ATHEIST YOU CANT BUILD HER IMAN
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEE grin grin grin grin grin

epic fall
i can and will give my wife the very best. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by MacDaddy01: 2:52pm On Feb 27, 2013
justaqad: Extra wives are allowed on strict conditions.
besides i never liked polygamy. so you fail.. tongue tongue tongue

i will never hit my wife cos of a disagreement,but will when she is being crazy.

same principle applies to me.. tongue tongue tongue

epic fall.
hehehehehehehe

ONE THING YOU CAN NEVER GIVE FELLIS AS AN ATHEIST.
1.AS AN ATHEIST YOU CANT BUILD HER IMAN
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEE grin grin grin grin grin

epic fall
i can and will give my wife the very best. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

LMAO grin grin grin grin grin

You are one crazy muslim. You are the only muslim here that has made me laugh!

Sorry, the rules about polygqamy in islam are not strict. If you have the money and time, nothing in Islam stops you from marrying up to 4 wives. You as a muslim are no guarantee because if you meet a woman that you truly like outside marriage, you could marry her as a second wife.

As for the equality, as long as you have it in your mind that you can hit your wife, there isnt an equal relationship.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by justaqad(m): 5:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
MacDaddy01:

LMAO grin grin grin grin grin

You are one crazy muslim. You are the only muslim here that has made me laugh!
grin grin grin.

MacDaddy01:
Sorry, the rules about polygqamy in islam are not strict. If you have the money and time, nothing in Islam stops you from marrying up to 4 wives. You as a muslim are no guarantee because if you meet a woman that you truly like outside marriage, you could marry her as a second wife.
it is,the problem is most muslims are abusing the right.
prophet Muhammad is worthy example. He only married a second wife after the death of his first.
besides there are rules that must be met.(dealing justly amongst women aint easy)

MacDaddy01:
As for the equality, as long as you have it in your mind that you can hit your wife, there isnt an equal relationship.
i will only hit her when she's is acting beyond reasoning. it worked for my mom on me years ago,why shouldn't it work on my wife?(its called human manual reset)
hehehehehehehehehe
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 27, 2013
I am really sorry justaqad, but you sound like a psychopath with the way you keep talking about beating women up. It's like you are seriously looking forward to beating your wife or something. You said it so many times in this thread,

justaqad: i will never hit my wife cos of a disagreement,but will when she is being crazy.
justaqad: but a slap is more than enough
justaqad: would you be surprise if i slap my wife after several admonition? huh
justaqad: i will only hit her when she's is acting beyond reasoning. it worked for my mom on me years ago,why shouldn't it work on my wife?(its called human manual reset)

you aren't making Islam look attractive to non-muslims; non-muslim women especially. How do you think Christian women will feel if they come upon this thread and read your posts about how you will not hesitate to slap your wife if she misbehaves? It's posts like yours that give Atheists and Christians reason to call Islam barbaric.

The verse in the Qur'an says you should separate (at least according to my own understanding) and the Prophet said the best behaved men do not hit their wives. Learn from that Hadith and learn to settle amicably with your wife if she 'misbehaves' instead of rushing to beat her up.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by justaqad(m): 7:36pm On Feb 27, 2013
fellis: I am really sorry justaqad, but you sound like a psychopath with the way you keep talking about beating women up. It's like you are seriously looking forward to beating your wife or something. You said it so many times in this thread,
I sound like a psychopath cos I will slap my wife when she's acting crazy abi?
I won't beat her up,just one manual reset would do.
Got that?

fellis:
you aren't making Islam look attractive to non-muslims; non-muslim women especially
So by condoning abuses,disobedience I am making islam attractive abi?
fellis: How do you think Christian women will feel if they come upon this thread and read your posts about how you will not hesitate to slap your wife if she misbehaves?
If I admonish my wife severally and she persist I won't hesitate to slap her.after several admonition.
fellis:
It's posts like yours that give Atheists and Christians reason to call Islam barbaric.

Because the west gives women right over men,does not apply to me.why would you be disobedient and disrespectful to your husband in the first place?
fellis:
The verse in the Qur'an says you should separate (at least according to my own understanding) and the Prophet said the best behaved men do not hit their wives. Learn from that Hadith and learn to settle amicably with your wife if she 'misbehaves' instead of rushing to beat her up.
Stop cherrypicking my post...
There's a limit to what anyone can take.
And for the uptenth time,I never said I will beat up my wife.I can slap her cheek,hand,leg,but not enough to cause injury when she goes crazy on me.
If you don't want your husband to touch you,then stop misbehaving.do not cloak under hadith to disrespect your husband
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
^ Marry a well behaved person that is not likely to annoy you and push you to your limits, even if she does annoy you, talk to her and get family and close friends involved if possible.

Whatever, it seems you already have your mind fully made up about slapping whoever you marry so I doubt there is anything I can do to change the way you see things.

By the way slapping your wife is the same thing as beating her. There is no difference between both acts.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by LagosShia: 7:57pm On Feb 27, 2013
MacDaddy01: So, in short

Lagoshia and Fellis have given a valid reason to leave islam- wife beating.

Justaqad?

Mr. Man,
Don't drag my name and put words into my mouth.

"Wife beating" is not a prescribed action in Islam or something every Muslim man have to do,nor does Islam promote domestic violence or abuse of women generally.it is not the 5 daily prayers which we must do.our muslim women are taught to be respectful wives who don't give room for quarrels with their husbands talkless of doing shameful acts that can lead to the husband raising his hand against her.

What you call "wife beating" is not supported in the Quran.for those who interprete the word as "to beat" in verse 4:34,it is after the husband warns the wife and even goes on to sleep in another bed.then in order that divorce may not result,he could try to restore discipline by measured force.otherwise if the husband doesn't see the need to use force and the wife persists,then divorce becomes inevitable,after ofcourse the family members from both sides could have attempted to do reconciliation-another suggestion put forward in the Quran.

Going by the example of the Prophet (sa) and the 12 holy Imams (as) of his Ahlul-Bayt (as),a good muslim doesn't raise his hand to hit his wife.as for me,it is not a must that I must hit my wife to make her see that she has to stop shameful acts.we are not talking here about disrespect or any kind of disobedience to the man.the verse makes it clear the type of disobedience borders on infidelity and shame.many men won't waste time before divorcing a woman whose eyes are going into the street.if its a minor case where intimacy is not yet in question,then a slap or two could go down as a serious warning.but otherwise,divorce is the way to go for me personally.its not by force if my wife doesn't love me enough to avoid looking outside.I can't force her to be chaste,so I see no use to hit her,especially after warning.a man who will still want to stay with a woman who is eyeing another man,and instead of divorce,he keeps the marriage and go further to strike his wife,is not an abusive but a loving husband.I won't have to strike the woman,as divorce for me is a better option,and I won't let "love" to blind my senses.it all depends on the situation at hand.

As such,when it comes to how a husband and wife handle their affairs,Islam presents a position that gives the couple relative freedom.for instance,when our scholars are asked about a-nal $ex on its permissibility between a legally married couple,they don't prohibit it.they show dislike towards it,but don't prohibit it because they are of the view that a husband and wife are halal (permissible) to one another.what they do in the bedroom or within the confines of marriage,it is within the bounds of marriage and therefore God will not punish a man for having a-nal $ex with his wife.in a similar line,assuming there was no issue of how a husband can discipline his wife, in a particular condition,raised in the Quran,and someone asks a scholar about his opinion of a man hitting his "shameless" wife (restraining her),the scholar would likewise show his dislike towards the action but cannot prohibit it.God is the ultimate judge for the abusive husband,who in fact doesn't need the excuse to discipline his wife,before assaulting her.so the good man whose intentions are good and seeks to save his family from an intruder who is preying on his wife through her careless attitude,that husband would not be punished by God.even in that case,the husband with all his good intentions cannot raise a finger against his wife using the Quran as cover without warning her first and sleeping away from her bed.

These are options open to the man who doesn't intend on divorce,with the hope the wife would cooperate.otherwise by no means should hitting one's wife be seen as an obligation Islam places on Muslim men.but if the conditions prevail,and the man follows this path to save his marriage in addition to the two other options,then the man hasn't done anything wrong and raising his hand become his choice.and looking at it from the angle of whether God would punish such a righteous man for using such an option to restrain what is potentially a sinful or adulterous wife,God will not punish him for that.therefore the option of a man raising his hand against his wife can have a positive role in particular situations.it doesn't give room for abuse,because as I said earlier an abusive husband needs no justification from the Quran or elsewhere to assault his wife.so verse 4:34 should be seen in the following ways:

1. As an option, after two other options restraining the husband from raising his hand against his wife.

2. As an alternative step to divorce.

3.It gives no room for abuse.

4. It can save the marriage and bring a shameful wife to her senses.

5. It can also reveal the true intentions of a wife who is no longer interested in the marriage;likewise the man also have the choice to go for divorce without following the procedures in verse 4:34.

6. A good righteous man who seeks to save his marriage by imposing his authority and raising his hand against his wife,God will not punish or condemn him,just the way God cannot restrain a man from having intimacy with his legally married wife the way it pleases them consensually,even if the act is religiously disliked e.g.a-nal $ex.in other words a couple have total freedom in the way they handle their marital affairs.

7. Yet still,the man should know his limit,and not turn his wife into a punching bag even if his annoyance is justified.you don't end up killing your wife in order to "save your marriage", or damaging her.

Finally two points:

1. It is still in place as to interprete the third option as "to separate" instead of "to beat".we are talking here of options verse 4:34 is giving and not an obligation that a man must do like the 5 daily prayers.its all about protecting the marriage against divorce ultimately.

2. The Islamic approach (as explained above) by letting a couple settle their marital affairs as to the best of their ability, away from divorce and from third party interference,and if beating can be of use,can be practically seen when recently Rihanna accompanied Chris Brown to court over her case and his community service,after their recent reconciliation.ofcourse what Chris Brown did no way exemplify the recommendations of Islam or how a muslim husband should treat his wife.but the point is,no law can come between two lovers or married couple who wish to be together.and God's law in Islam promotes the unity till death of a couple and greatly is divorce disliked.

So please beating your wife is no obligation Islam places nor does the Quran promote that,as the Islamophobes what to make it look.and whoever thinks he can tarnish the reputation of Islam or play psychological tricks on muslims (by suggesting muslims should leave Islam) based on verse 4:34,is a very sad person who needs therapy.

Assuming a man beats his wife,and they later reconcile (be they muslims or not),why would I leave Islam because of that,when "wife beating" is not a religious obligation prescribed upon me?having a clear understanding,the matter will not more or less make Islam what it is to non-muslims-falsehood-and what it is to me-the truth!
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by BetaThings: 12:55am On Feb 28, 2013
MacDaddy01:

It is great that many muslims and muslim bloggers are not like you and the average muslim Nairalander.

I mean, how can someone just brush education to one side and call it "non-muslim agenda"? Go and listen to an educated muslim like Adam deen who says that muslims can not ignore evolution and philosophy or science. These three things are very important for any adult of any religion or faith.

Isnt islam about being a better human being? How can you claim to be a better human being if you dont understand the basic philosophical issues with morality? How can you understand humanity without evolution? How can you live in the 21st century as a human being without science. No one is telling you not to be a muslim but at least, get your fellow muslims to accept facts and education. Get them to discuss meaningful things that affect and shape their 21st century lives.

However, you will brush this aside and claim that I am a hater of islam. Probably controlled by Shaytan and his Djinns

Anyways

"An educated atheist is 100% better than an ignorant muslim"

With the way you always read YOUR own meaning into posts, I feel gratified for not responding to the "issues" you raise
I know you hate Islam and it really does not bother me at all. I mention it so that you can understand why I feel your activities should be met with silence
Again, pls pursue your agenda. We will stick to what we like, no matter what you think or call us
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by justaqad(m): 6:58am On Feb 28, 2013
fellis: ^ Marry a well behaved person that is not likely to annoy you and push you to your limits, even if she does annoy you, talk to her and get family and close friends involved if possible.

Whatever, it seems you already have your mind fully made up about slapping whoever you marry so I doubt there is anything I can do to change the way you see things.

By the way slapping your wife is the same thing as beating her. There is no difference between both acts.

there is a huge difference between them
if you dont want to be slapped behave yourself.
no sane man would hit his wife without being pushed. since hitting is a crime to women,disobedience and disrespect is a crime to men.
i wonder how you justify a woman being insolent and rude to her husband,yet brand the husband evil for slapping her?
beats my IMAGINATION.
SINCE YOU HAVE MADE UP YOUR MIND TO CONSTANTLY ABUSE AND BE RUDE TO YOUR HUSBAND,AND ALWAYS ENTERTAIN YOUR PARENTS/in-laws TO SETTLE DISPUTE BETWEEN YOUR HUSBAND,THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I CAN DO TO CHANGE YOUR MIND
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 28, 2013
justaqad: i wonder how you justify a woman being insolent and rude to her husband,yet brand the husband evil for slapping her?
In which of my posts did I justify a woman being rude and insolent to her husband? In which post did I do that? Quote that post in your next reply.
Make sure you quote it.

justaqad:
there is a huge difference between them
if you dont want to be slapped behave yourself.
You said you would slap her on the face, hand, leg then you turn around and say it is not the same thing as beating her?
justaqad: And for the uptenth time,I never said I will beat up my wife.I can slap her cheek,hand,leg,but not enough to cause injury when she goes crazy on me.

How is slapping a person on different parts of their body not the same thing as beating them?
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by justaqad(m): 8:18am On Feb 28, 2013
fellis:
In which of my posts did I justify a woman being rude and insolent to her husband? In which post did I do that? Quote that post in your next reply.
Make sure you quote it.
as a woman i understand your position. you have been all defensive.

fellis:
You said you would slap her on the face, hand, leg then you turn around and say it is not the same thing as beating her?
there is a huge difference between both.

fellis:
How is slapping a person on different parts of their body not the same thing as beating them?

one manual reset is different from Muhammad Ali's style..
so they are not.
besides i said not enough to cause injury..
so why crucify me?
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 28, 2013
justaqad:
as a woman i understand your position. you have been all defensive.
You posted a false accusation against me saying I justified bad behaviour. If you cannot apologize for the wrong you did at least have the decency to keep quiet about it instead of making sexist comments. I never justified rudeness in wives, you hastily read through my posts and concluded that I did so.

there is a huge difference between both.
one manual reset is different from Muhammad Ali's style..
so they are not.
besides i said not enough to cause injury..
so why crucify me?
It is possible to beat a person without inflicting injury, not all beating must result in injury.
Slapping a person on different parts of their body is the same thing as beating them.

Anyway let me use this medium to congratulate you on successfully making Islam look more repulsive to non-muslim women with your constant talk of beating wives up.
Kudos justaqad.
The prophet mentioned in one hadith that women shouldn't be beaten and he mentioned in another hadith that the best men do not beat their wives, but these hadith are not your concern. You are more interested in landing slaps on a rude woman's cheeks, hands and legs.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by MacDaddy01: 10:44am On Feb 28, 2013
I don't see why Fellis is complaining.

I told you that wife beating is allowed in islam and LagosShia and Justaqad have given clear instances where it is allowed. I have given my Quranic evidence. Even Maclatunji said it clearly that wife beating is there but it is just redundant given the conditions.

This is very simple. There is a reason why I was banned all those times from this section. This is because I tell the painful truth about religion.

~Fellis, you have seen the dark side of your religion. smiley

Anyway
https://www.nairaland.com/1210342/christians-agree
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by justaqad(m): 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2013
fellis:
You posted a false accusation against me saying I justified bad behaviour. If you cannot apologize for the wrong you did at least have the decency to keep quiet about it instead of making sexist comments. I never justified rudeness in wives, you hastily read through my posts and concluded that I did so.
YOU SHOULD CHANNEL YOUR ENERGY IN MAKING WIVES MORE BEHAVED, NOT SEEKING 'TOUCH WOMEN NOT' PROPAGANDA.

fellis:
It is possible to beat a person without inflicting injury, not all beating must result in injury.
Slapping a person on different parts of their body is the same thing as beating them.
HAVE YOU BEEN BEATEN BEFORE? YOU WOULD KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

fellis:
Anyway let me use this medium to congratulate you on successfully making Islam look more repulsive to non-muslim women with your constant talk of beating wives up.
FIRST YOU SAID I HASTLY READ YOUR POST AND CONCLUDED UNFAIRLY.NOW YOU ARE GUILTY OF THE SAME CRIME. THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEATING UP AND SLAP.(LET ME REITERATE,SLAP NOT ENOUGH TO CAUSE INJURY)
fellis:
Kudos justaqad.
The prophet mentioned in one hadith that women shouldn't be beaten and he mentioned in another hadith that the best men do not beat their wives, but these hadith are not your concern. You are more interested in landing slaps on a rude woman's cheeks, hands and legs.
AND THE PROPHET MENTIONED IN ANOTHER HADITH HOW WIVES ARE SUPPOSED TO BEHAVE WITHOUT ANGERING OR BRINGING SHAME TO THE FAMILY.
LIKE I SAID EARLIER NO SANE MAN WOULD HIT HIS WIFE WITHOUT BEING PUSHED....
KUDOS FELLIS FOR MAKING ISLAM AN AVENUE FOR INDISCIPLINE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims / Why Are Muslims Easily Brainwashed / Busta Rhymes Talks About His Being Muslim (islam Is Fake Anyone? Pt2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.