Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden (33400 Views)

Ambode Lights Up M.K.O Abiola Garden And Many More Roads (photos) / World Most Hilarious Names / A 5-year-old Girl Is World's Youngest Mother. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Ademab(m): 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2013
A beautiful place to propose to a lady and also the perfect place for that not-more-than-50-guests wedding ceremony
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2013
Holiday destination..
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by ba7man(m): 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2013
If you try replicating this garden in Nigeria, the response will be...."How will this affect the lives of the poor" or "Na flower i go chop?? I be goat"??
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Emmy9ite(m): 6:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
Nice business idea! Imagine what one million visitors will translate into. More money and fame to the managers, not forgetting those that have invested into this. This will bring back good returns.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by igbeke: 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2013
CeCe Billz: Wow! Am in lovegrin
na today?
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by kabaka1: 6:34pm On Feb 23, 2013
sad
manny4life: Dubai is just going place, unlike Nigeria, they do not depend on oil. Looks pretty, lovely and serene, that's where my wife and I are going for our next valentine... before I finally propose "will you marry me"? kiss

Na where dem de get money 2 build all this infrastructures if no be from their dependence on their oil wealth cool? They're just opening new avenues ohm
of increasing their GDP in the last decade through areas like tourism n Nigeria really has 2 learn from them
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by softangel(m): 6:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
So beautiful.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by bbulldog(m): 6:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
Garden toh badt
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by ZACHIE: 6:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
EKO Atlas will do more
Just wait
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by solomon201(m): 6:37pm On Feb 23, 2013
rhema4u: Who has small pin charger for china phone abeg?
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by toyeoye(m): 6:41pm On Feb 23, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Absolute Masterpiece.
Nature @ its peak of beauty.
make we hia word jor..agreed its a sight to behold,ive seen better natural spectacular views

1 Like

Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Sweetapple007(f): 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2013
~vicky~:

who dash monkey banana undecided
that's ur own opinion ,but didnt change the fact that i hav been there. Jealousy!!
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by manny4life(m): 6:46pm On Feb 23, 2013
kabaka1: sad

Na where dem de get money 2 build all this infrastructures if no be from their dependence on their oil wealth cool? They're just opening new avenues ohm
of increasing their GDP in the last decade through areas like tourism n Nigeria really has 2 learn from them

Really? They are wealthy in oil doesn't mean they're depended on it, that was my point. It's nothing wrong to explore your resources, it's just bad when you depend on it. If UAE runs out of oil today, they're still 20x better than us, wealthier as well, because though they have oil, oil is not their major source of revenue, and like you rightly put TOURISM is a major part of their economy.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Symphony007: 6:48pm On Feb 23, 2013
manny4life: Dubai is just going place, unlike Nigeria, they do not depend on oil. Looks pretty, lovely and serene, that's where my wife and I are going for our next valentine... before I finally propose "will you marry me"? kiss
yeah dubai is fine but they don't have an economy. All they do is enjoy their oil wealth and live in lavish opulence meanwhile they import africans and phillipino's to do their work for them. This is not gonna last for long. The cracks are already showing. They had to borrow money from abu dhabi to complete the burj khalifa and their man made island luxury homes are pratically empty along with all their highrise condo's and the last blow to them will be the coming fall in the use of oil.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by shalomtemmy(f): 6:54pm On Feb 23, 2013
Wooooow....Awesome
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Emmy9ite(m): 6:54pm On Feb 23, 2013
ba7man: If you try replicating this garden in Nigeria, the response will be...."How will this affect the lives of the poor" or "Na flower i go chop?? I be goat"??
That's what you are thinking. Why don't you just say it? Don't generalize it bro, think positive about Nigerians for once!
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by deepwaters(f): 6:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
'The city authorities and entrepreneurs alike are
doing well turning Dubai into the world’s best
tourist city. They don’t just rely on nature’s
blessing; they make conscious efforts to make the
city beautiful and become cynosure of all eyes.'

I really like this part. Nigerian authorities should borrow a leaf from here. Don't just assume that because you have a natural attraction eg waterfall, people will start coming there for tourism. You have to make conscious effort to develop/ upgrade that site and make it more attractive. And all these governors should stop building mushroom structures and blowing big cash on commissioning (eg the recent so-called first flyover in Ogun state). Erect standard, beautiful, even futuristic edifices, keep the cities clean, set up good clean marketplaces and recreational parks, and you'll get your tourists.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by manny4life(m): 6:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
Symphony007: yeah dubai is fine but they don't have an economy. All they do is enjoy their oil wealth and live in lavish opulence meanwhile they import africans and phillipino's to do their work for them. This is not gonna last for long. The cracks are already showing. They had to borrow money from abu dhabi to complete the burj khalifa and their man made island luxury homes are pratically empty along with all their highrise condo's and the last blow to them will be the coming fall in the use of oil.

Dubai and Abu Dhabi, are they not part of the UAE? I watched the documentary of the Burj Khalifa on NatGeo, what I'm saying in essence is that they have a better diversified economy. They borrowed money because housing market were on meltdown, which affected majority of their investment.

As for who they choose, do you blame them? If Africans cannot put their house in order, why blame another who puts theirs? Was it not Jimoh Ibrahim or someone who remitted $500million to Dubai last year to build a mall or hospital or something, the news is out there, then u wanna blame them? Nigeria has worse slaves than they do.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Symphony007: 6:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
manny4life:

Really? They are wealthy in oil doesn't mean they're depended on it, that was my point. It's nothing wrong to explore your resources, it's just bad when you depend on it. If UAE runs out of oil today, they're still 20x better than us, wealthier as well, because though they have oil, oil is not their major source of revenue, and like you rightly put TOURISM is a major part of their economy.
you're so wrong on so many level. Nigeria without oil will be a billion times better than the UAE without oil, nigeria has a large and young population will always attract foreign investors. We have some of the best soil for farming and our minning sector is pratically virgin with billions of dollars attached to it. Meanwhile the UAE has an uncredibly low non-working population who recieves royalties from the government and import others to do their work for them. Their tourism industry is a bubble that will bust anytime soon. Almost all there highrise condo's are empty, the burj khalifa is half empty, their man made islands are mostly uninhabited and their debt is growing.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Symphony007: 7:04pm On Feb 23, 2013
manny4life:

Dubai and Abu Dhabi, are they not part of the UAE? I watched the documentary of the Burj Khalifa on NatGeo, what I'm saying in essence is that they have a better diversified economy. They borrowed money because housing market were on meltdown, which affected majority of their investment.

As for who they choose, do you blame them? If Africans cannot put their house in order, why blame another who puts theirs? Was it not Jimoh Ibrahim or someone who remitted $500million to Dubai last year to build a mall or hospital or something, the news is out there, then u wanna blame them? Nigeria has worse slaves than they do.
classifying tourism as an essential part of an economy is very dangerous. Tourism is a bubble and can bust anytime. Spain experienced what dubai is experiencing in the 80's and today is it one of the reason their economy is in shambles. The UAE has made their population virtually lazy. I've live in almost allthe UAE states. In qatar they pratically don't work cause they recieve their government royalities. They spend their days in massive malls shopping, racing in the desert with their latest ferrari and hummers. Kids they just enjoy life and have no work ethic. So tell me what happens to this country when oil dries up. Can the people work? What will they be usefull for?
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by manny4life(m): 7:04pm On Feb 23, 2013
Symphony007: you're so wrong on so many level. Nigeria without oil will be a billion times better than the UAE without oil, nigeria has a large and young population will always attract foreign investors. We have some of the best soil for farming and our minning sector is pratically virgin with billions of dollars attached to it. Meanwhile the UAE has an uncredibly low non-working population who recieves royalties from the government and import others to do their work for them. Their tourism industry is a bubble that will bust anytime soon. Almost all there highrise condo's are empty, the burj khalifa is half empty, their man made islands are mostly uninhabited and their debt is growing.

First off, there's no need to compare Dubai and Nigeria, if at all, compare UAE and Nigeria. However, no one was comparing both nations, I simply made a comment "unlike Nigeria", Dubai isn't dependent on oil. Now that we have resolved that, NEXT

Nigeria without oil would have made Nigeria a hell hole, oil is the thing keeping us alive because we've not been able to diverse away from oil. So I think you're the one wrong on that.

You honestly believe that foreign investors coming is because of young population? Lol, dude, don't get me started. Investment in an economy depend on several other factors including "HUMAN RESOURCE" which is gauged by the active able bodied population. While human resource is important, it can be imported.

It's true we have one of the best soil, I'm not disputing it, every city has comparative advantage to the others. For you to say their economy is dependent on royalties to govt is just funny at its best.

Tourism will always be there for them, they have real estate, they have manufacturing, they have resources, just like NIgeria, they're good in their own field.

I don't know why you're singing they are empty, is it only you who doesn;t know the global financial crisis?

Abeg, please don't put words in my mouth, no one is comparing UAE to Nigeria, all I simply said id, "unlike Nigeria", they've diversified their economy and not oil dependent.
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by fonssy(f): 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2013
you never marry the girl first, you dey call am your wife...from now till the next valentine is a long time o, no let another man come carry am marry leave you o.

1 Like

Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by manny4life(m): 7:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
Symphony007: classifying tourism as an essential part of an economy is very dangerous. Tourism is a bubble and can bust anytime. Spain experienced what dubai is experiencing in the 80's and today is it one of the reason their economy is in shambles. The UAE has made their population virtually lazy. I've live in almost allthe UAE states. In qatar they pratically don't work cause they recieve their government royalities. They spend their days in massive malls shopping, racing in the desert with their latest ferrari and hummers. Kids they just enjoy life and have no work ethic. So tell me what happens to this country when oil dries up. Can the people work? What will they be usefull for?

How is it a bubble that can burst? Is tourism not the major source of revenue for states like FL? Even in Nigeria, is Akwa Ibom not choosing to diversify Tourism as part of it's economy? Now I do not know how they live or what they do, however, if that's your claim, so be it.

I'm killing this unnecessary argument before one thinks I'm disdaining Nigeria,
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by manny4life(m): 7:09pm On Feb 23, 2013
fonssy: you never marry the girl first, you dey call am your wife...from now till the next valentine is a long time o, no let another man come carry am marry leave you o.

Mbanu, she's hooked on me just like I'm hooked on her... Obianuju mu, onye'm furu n'anya
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by ezzye: 7:09pm On Feb 23, 2013

must u always bring in Nigeria...we all r tired of hearin Naija's recurring problems....or wat Naija can or can'r do. We wanna hear solutions...if u dont have any, then shut d f-up and comment on d damn thread........na wetin sef
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by deemoneycarlo: 7:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
Omg......this is next ŤƠ̴̴̴̴͡ heaven!!!
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by manny4life(m): 7:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
What did I just say, oya, attackers, grace NL and unleash your weapon,... nonsense

Where in my post did I discredit Nigeria?
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Meristem: 7:13pm On Feb 23, 2013

Whoa! your WIFE to whom you're yet to pop the question grin
as in... your WIFE whom you're YET TO MARRY? grin
as in...your wife grin
HOW OLD ARE YOU DUDE? Maybe Seun needs to activate parental guidance in here cheesy
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by manny4life(m): 7:16pm On Feb 23, 2013
Meristem:

Whoa! your WIFE to whom you're yet to pop the question grin
as in... your WIFE whom you're YET TO MARRY? grin
as in...your wife grin
HOW OLD ARE YOU DUDE? Maybe Seun needs to activate parental guidance in here cheesy

Parental guidance? cheesy cheesy cheesy

For me or for you? cheesy grin grin

Maybe you're right o, but yes o, my wife. nsogbu adiro, no shaking. cool
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by Andreking(m): 7:20pm On Feb 23, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by izyrach(f): 7:27pm On Feb 23, 2013
its beautiful,but not as beatiful as my house
Re: Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden by moneyhungry(m): 7:27pm On Feb 23, 2013
~vicky~:

who dash monkey banana undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Driver Crashes Bus Into A Shop In Ahoada West, Rivers State (Photos) / Car Rams Into EndSARS Protesters In Ondo, Kills One, Three Injured / Apology For Unnecessary Downtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.