Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge (18386 Views)

Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road / I Will Go On Exile If I Don’t Build Second Niger Bridge Before 2015 — Jonathan / Breaking News: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Bigflamie(m): 10:44am On Feb 23, 2013
CeCe Billz: In 2017 bah? Abeg I finally downloaded a cool pic of me, view and drop ur commentcheesy
These nairalanders are actually becoming something else. SMH
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by HisMajesty1(m): 10:45am On Feb 23, 2013
Good development. But while at it let the existing one be rehabilitated, stories i hear about it every now and then scares me.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by CeCeBillz(f): 10:45am On Feb 23, 2013
See fool! Cos na ur papa wan build de bridge ehn? Abeg park one side hidiot
AdeMarley:

So i guess your pics will complete the second niger bridge bah? Please sista learn to think with your brain before commenting not your Brazilian hair.

Good luck to Berger ,this project is long overdue,i can only wish they deliver.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by godman01(m): 10:45am On Feb 23, 2013
Okay o!
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by CeCeBillz(f): 10:45am On Feb 23, 2013
Dry!
Bigflamie:
These nairalanders are actually becoming something else. SMH
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by dgitrader(m): 10:48am On Feb 23, 2013
can anyone please provide us with the model design or image?
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by theripper: 10:49am On Feb 23, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Jonathan seems to be taking some lessons from Fashola... That's GOOD.....cool

Meanwhile, I've got a question:

It it's a PPP transaction, what's the 12 Billion Naira meant for??

Shouldn't you b more concerned about the massive robbery in Delta state, u seem to be head deep in Fashola's anus dese days. U dis pseudo-Deltan. Ask the pertinent questions without exhibiting ur servile flattery for Fashola pls.

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Hugo7(m): 10:50am On Feb 23, 2013
In nigeria seeing is believing.....until i see the structures stand upright to me this is rumor...ask obj how many time he approved money 4 niger bridge during his tenur.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by drvirus1(m): 10:50am On Feb 23, 2013
CeCe Billz: In 2017 bah? Abeg I finally downloaded a cool pic of me, view and drop ur commentcheesy
it was good, wat ur id on fb? Nor 2go?
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by ckkris: 10:54am On Feb 23, 2013
drnoel: but i thought this said second niger bridge had already being awarded to a chines company, how come berger is now bidding and winning (scratches head)

Doc,

Scratch ya head wella. German bridge or China bridge, pls choose.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Revolva(m): 10:54am On Feb 23, 2013
grin grin NA EVRRY DAY DEM DEY TELL US I BEG MAKE DEM START THE PROJECT JARE HISSSS
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by genxris: 10:57am On Feb 23, 2013
This is good news:::let the work begin as soon as possible,i remember in one interview last year where GEJ said he will be ashamed if after his tenure nothing is done about the 2nd Niger bridge.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by thelastPope(m): 11:00am On Feb 23, 2013
GARRI (x7):

PPP means public private partnership. That means the government or public will have t contribute something which could be money, land, etc. Te 12billion is government's own commiment. And must you always use every avenue to campaign for Fashola? SMH!

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by CeCeBillz(f): 11:01am On Feb 23, 2013
CeCe Billz fb
dr_virus: it was good, wat ur id on fb? Nor 2go?
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by thelastPope(m): 11:04am On Feb 23, 2013
Hugo7: In nigeria seeing is believing.....until i see the structures stand upright to me this is rumor...ask obj how many time he approved money 4 niger bridge during his tenur.

Where did you see or hear OBJ approved money for the bridge? You just want to type something abi?
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by GARRIx7(m): 11:04am On Feb 23, 2013
the_ripper:

Shouldn't you b more concerned about the massive robbery in Delta state, u seem to be head deep in Fashola's anus dese days. U dis pseudo-Deltan. Ask the pertinent questions without exhibiting ur servile flattery for Fashola pls.

Shouldn't you be more concerned about the massive replacement of ur brain-cells with fecal matter, you seem to be obsessed with people instead of issues.....

Give pertinent answers without exhibiting ur senselessness..

angry

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by ikweremilitant: 11:05am On Feb 23, 2013
9ja voice: for where not now and not ever. ibos should do this themselfs else ths guys aint helping
seun are u seing ds jelus bigot dat see ntnng gud frm. D east wen naturaly he's tribe is not beter dan any animal reserve in the east

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by GARRIx7(m): 11:07am On Feb 23, 2013
thelastPope:

PPP means public private partnership. That means the government or public will have t contribute something which could be money, land, etc. Te 12billion is government's own commiment.
Fair....

And must you always use every avenue to campaign for Fashola? SMH!
No!!
I use suitable avenues and this is‎​ one... cheesy

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Shine1177: 11:07am On Feb 23, 2013
Most people are too Naive to discuss state matters.

The government has made it known since that the 2nd Niger bridge and and the Airport road in Lagos and other massive infrastructure will be built under PPP. For the 2nd Niger bridge government pay about 30% of the contract sum and the old Bridge will serve as alternative route for those who wish to use it.

This is a welcome development and the right way to go if we as a country will close the infrastructural gap in this country. This is capital intensive project and will make for fast execution of the project and others alike.

for those asking what the Southeast has gained from this administration, I can tell you that we are better under Jonathan than any other administration known to me in recent times.

1. Obasanjo caused crisis and disaffection in all the southeast states especially in Anambra state; the strong hold of Igbos and he did little to improve on the infrastructure in south east even in south west where he came from.

2. Presently, this administration has continue to improve the infrastructure in the South east eg. Construction of Ontisha-Enugu expressway, Enugu- Portharcourt, Enugu Abakaliki etc

3. Reconstruction of Enugu Airport to international Airport and Mbakwe Airport to Cargo Airport

4. Completing work at the Ontisha sea port and improving the dreging work to allow for transportation of goods.

5. Creating of additional Federal University and Teaching Hospitals in South east.

6. Provision of TET Fund to Universities for massive development eg 3billion Naira to Anambra state University and other universities and polytechnics.

7. Equipping of the Teaching Hospitals eg the upgrade of Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital Nnewi.

8 Construction of Massive silo in Anambra state by Ministry of Agriculture

9. Construction of Federal Secretariat in Anambra and other South East state that has non since creation of the State

10. Massive construction of power projects and transmission stations in the Zone with improvement of power supply.

11. The rehabilitation and reconstruction of Benin Ore road to ease transportation for the people traveling to the south east and south south and back to south west

12. The rehabilitation of Enugu Portharcourt rail line.

13. The appointment of South Easterners in Key positions in Government.

I can go on and on. I want to say that we will support the president to deliver on this 2nd Niger bridge to the people of South east and no amount of distraction will deter us from supporting the president who has shown so much commitment in delivering this project and other infrastructure to the south east and Nigeria in general. Not like Obasanjo that came and commission non existing contract for the 2nd Niger Bridge.

The president's humility and meekness should not be taken for weakness. anybody, that try his will and strength will have himself to blame. He cannot be intimidated at the same time he will welcome constructive criticism not based on falsehood and deception.

I advise people to monitor and investigate government project and program before sitting in the comfort of their rooms and turn to arm chair critics.
I wish the president well and i will God to continue to give him wisdom to guide and lead us and to us to be good followers.

GEJ, go on s'ohun.

Quote of Fred, a social commentator on Punch Newspaper.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by ikweremilitant: 11:08am On Feb 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: https://www.nairaland.com/1203651/when-president-jonathan-promises-he

Though President Jonathan is not perfect, I have never regretted supporting him for one second. He keeps proving me RIGHT on this forum.

Posterity will judge all those HATERS and DEVILS who tried to stand in the way of realisation of the second Niger Bridge.

5 decades after Zik built the first Niger Bridge in 1954, Zik is back to give us a second Niger Bridge.

God bless President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan!

God bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria!!
pls tell dm o jare
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by thelastPope(m): 11:08am On Feb 23, 2013
CeCe Billz: See fool! Cos na ur papa wan build de bridge ehn? Abeg park one side hidiot

Please Mod, can you ban trolls like these for derailing threads. They are becoming a big nuisanse, distraction and a mess. Jobless Yahoo boys and iliterates are taking over this forum. Very sad!
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 23, 2013
@Moderator, what is wrong with my earlier post, reproduced below that you blocked it:

Where are the HATERS, demons, devils and mischief makers?

Where are the nay sayers, see-no-good and hear-no-good apostles of evil?

Where are the bad-belle people, incurable cynics and pathological pessimists?

Where are the few but noisy anonymous internet rats and cockroaches?

It looks like they've all been BANISHED!!!

So its acceptable for some persons to call certain people in govt clueless, Jonathan, Retardeen,etc but I cant make GENERAL statements like the above.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by ikweremilitant: 11:11am On Feb 23, 2013
justokey:

You seem to be in the know. Please can FG do something to the existing bridge to avoid catastrophe? You need to be on that bridge to know what I am talking about.
d last periodic maintenance wa done on that bridge last year nd I beleve it will be done ds year as usua so no cause for alarm
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by emmatok(m): 11:13am On Feb 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Where are the HATERS, demons, devils and mischief makers?

Where are the nay sayers, see-no-good and hear-no-good apostles of evil?

Where are the bad-belle people, incurable cynics and pathological pessimists?

Where are the few but noisy anonymous internet rats and cockroaches?

It looks like they've all been BANISHED!!!

I wonder why you are ranting here.

JB won the bid to build the bridge.
They have not started building yet, probably you forgot their are thousands of FG uncompleted projects in Nigeria.

Please stop making Nigerians look foolish.

4 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by ikweremilitant: 11:13am On Feb 23, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by mcevans1(m): 11:15am On Feb 23, 2013

cheesy So you finally changed your pic after all the drama yesterday night? Hehe! I prefer the other to this one.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by ikweremilitant: 11:17am On Feb 23, 2013
GARRI (x7):

and fashola took his from adolf hitler.cahsing d jews dat is greater dan dm out of jelusy in odar to take over

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Fantacy1(m): 11:20am On Feb 23, 2013
Nice move dou not excited
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 23, 2013
Nothing comes to the IBO man free of charge in this goddam country. They government are fully aware that Ndigbo forms 80 percentage of users of that bridge route and decided in their infallible mind to fleece the people. Where is the divided of democracy for this people who has been economically sabotaged,politically marginalised and denied infrastructure and other social basic amenities.

Would an IBO president do a concession on this people oriented project?
Why can't the government leverage on the burden of Ndigbo by participating fully on the project through a subsidised framework to cut down the many years of unnecessary tax rate?
Are they telling me my children will also bear the brunt of this unpopular fiscal policy whereas they continue to plunder our oil resources unabated?

Many questions beg for answers but we are watching
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by ballabriggs: 11:22am On Feb 23, 2013
Another Onitsha river port project, I laugh in Isiekenesi. Dem just dey use my Igbo brothers play chop-I-chop.

When Obj wanted to contest in 2003, he did the ground breaking of the Onitsha-Owerri road project awarding construction to Uba's CCC. We are in 2013, 11 good years, PDP is still on that road.

Every time wey election dey reach, dem go find one project rub ororo for this mouth, meanwhile the whole of the South East remains a complete mess.

Igbo muruanya! Unu a'bana na mmiri ncha n'agba unu n'anya
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by kaeto(m): 11:22am On Feb 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: https://www.nairaland.com/1203651/when-president-jonathan-promises-he

Though President Jonathan is not perfect, I have never regretted supporting him for one second. He keeps proving me RIGHT on this forum.

Posterity will judge all those HATERS and DEVILS who tried to stand in the way of realisation of the second Niger Bridge.

5 decades after Zik built the first Niger Bridge in 1954, Zik is back to give us a second Niger Bridge.

God bless President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan!

God bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria!!
my brother from different mum, you counldn't have come across more reasonable. There has never been a government as this since the inception of Nigeria as a country and nation, fulfilling every campaign promise and doing even more. GEJ is indeed a father that listens to the cry of the masses he swore to protect,not to even mention the kindness he keeps showering on his haters, not indicting, maiming nor ruining the career of affirmed enemies. If it was in the obj or yar adua administration, many midgets would be languishing in exile. But thanks be to heaven for giving us one among us us, who has reverted all the injustices meted out against nigerians by cruel and callous rulers in the likes of ibb, obj, abacha, and the other piles of slime. This is it, not the elitist fashola and his visible media charades. We are getting closer, 2015 here we come...

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by CeCeBillz(f): 11:23am On Feb 23, 2013
What is dis one saying? Tah go hide ursefl, olodo rabata
thelastPope:

Please Mod, can you ban trolls like these for derailing threads. They are becoming a big nuisanse, distraction and a mess. Jobless Yahoo boys and iliterates are taking over this forum. Very sad!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Celebrates Father's Day At Aso Rock / Supreme Court Orders Retrial Of Petition Against Dakwambo / Senator Omo Agege Decamps To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.