Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,024 members, 7,799,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's - Nairaland / General (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's (80252 Views)

Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever / 6 Memorable Things We Did As Kids (Children Of The 70's And Early 80's) / Social Memories Of Growing Up In The 70's, 80's And 90's In 9ja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Ishilove: 9:37am On May 29, 2013
phreakabit: Hey just remembered Satis beef sausages. . . . . I don't think they make them anymore.
I think it is now gala grin
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Ishilove: 9:43am On May 29, 2013
phreakabit: So I was having this nostalgic discussion with my brother about the 80's when we were kids and I actually remembered asking him whatever happened to Nestle Nescao? Anyways, we ended up compiling a list of products that we think are no longer in the market.Might have forgotten some so feel free to add. . . Please make sure they are old products.

Tandi Guarana (What ever happened to this drink?!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Crush orange drink
Fanta Ginger ale
Fanta Chapman
Parle Soda
Gold Spot
Rainbow hair care products
Cocosheen
Venus body cream (The one Nike Oshinowo modeled for. . lol)

Chevalier Brandy (That old school ad had class written allover it!)

THAT was Nike Oshinowo?? Wow!! shocked shocked
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by esere826: 9:46am On May 29, 2013
Ishilove:
THAT was Nike Oshinowo?? Wow!! shocked shocked

who is nike oshinowo?
i think i've heard the name before

^^just googled her
they say she's an ex beauty queen
I didnt see much news apart from those of her dates after that
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Ishilove: 10:13am On May 29, 2013
esere826:

who is nike oshinowo?
i think i've heard the name before

^^just googled her
they say she's an ex beauty queen
I didnt see much news apart from those of her dates after that
She was really young then, early twenties if am am right. What sticks to my mind each time I remember the advert is her long nose. Back then I always wished my nose was as long as her's sad
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Ishilove: 10:17am On May 29, 2013
The op didn't add Dark Knight whiskey. I loved that advert! A buncha strapping, moustachioed and muscular men sharing barbequed chicken and sipping dark knight whiskey over a blazing fire in the middle of the night in a toast to friendship. It was just so exciting grin

Awon baba ologogoro grin
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by ayobase(m): 11:04am On May 29, 2013
Ishilove just coming on board and waking this thread again!
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by esere826: 12:53pm On May 29, 2013
Ishilove:
She was really young then, early twenties if am am right. What sticks to my mind each time I remember the advert is her long nose. Back then I always wished my nose was as long as her's sad

Dont worry u can gradually grow long nose if its your heart desire
all u need to acheive this is to grow a long wallet first
then take the first trip abroad and get the surgeons to extend the nose just a little so that people dont notice
then take the 2nd trip abroad, extend the nose some more
no one will notice that it is man made
and u'll live hapilly ever after

There is an actrss that had lovely kpomo lips that has thinned her lips unoticed
Rita Dominic I think

1 Like

Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Ishilove: 12:58pm On May 29, 2013
esere826:

Dont worry u can gradually grow long nose if its your heart desire
all u need to acheive this is to grow a long wallet first
then take the first trip abroad and get the surgeons to extend the nose just a little so that people dont notice
then take the 2nd trip abroad, extend the nose some more
no one will notice that it is man made
and u'll live hapilly ever after

There is an actrss that had lovely kpomo lips that has thinned her lips unoticed
Rita Dominic I think
Lwkmd!!!

Rita Dominic thinned her lips?? I never noticed... I think she's gay undecided
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by esere826: 1:04pm On May 29, 2013
Ishilove:
Lwkmd!!!

Rita Dominic thinned her lips?? I never noticed...

check her initial pictures and the recent ones
the idea is that no one will notice yours and criticize you if you do it gradually'
na only ya pikin kpomo nose go expose u
so u can then decide to do the Michael jackson style and adopt
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by jantavanta(m): 5:36pm On May 30, 2013
Fabville: Does anybody remember the magazine "Dauda The Sexy Guy"?

That was a character from Lolly magazine.
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by na8va2: 4:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
Tasty time

Lolly

goody goody

Limca

The bank for quality banking... that's EcoBank

hahaha back in the days...chei

Even Ayamatanga
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Nobody: 3:31am On Oct 26, 2015
Eemmm abeg I wan add one ooo KESINSHIN PRODUCT I think it was a hair product for ladies. Hair. I remember Crush drink! green shan Shandi (apologies for spelling errors) mmm
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Nobody: 3:42am On Oct 26, 2015
na8va2:
Tasty time

Lolly

goody goody

Limca

The bank for quality banking... that's EcoBank

hahaha back in the days...chei

Even Ayamatanga

Limca advt: " all you need is a drink ~ limca!, lemonade is the drink ~ limca! (with ladies at a beach dancing) Choi!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by naptu2: 6:30am On Oct 26, 2015
sweetpies:
Eemmm abeg I wan add one ooo KESINSHIN PRODUCT I think it was a hair product for ladies. Hair. I remember Crush drink! green shan Shandi (apologies for spelling errors) mmm

Kesingsheen Hit Show.

Green Sands Shanday, the refreshing drink in a (glass?) Of its own.
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Jokeofdcentury: 9:21am On Oct 14, 2016
Who remembers Black Knight Whisky?
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Hipsymoi: 1:55pm On Nov 15, 2016
AJINO MOTO
VEDAN
CCB COPERATIVE & COMMERCE BANK
SAVANNAH BANK
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Hipsymoi: 1:59pm On Nov 15, 2016
LIMCA ADVERT

COME LET US DANCE TOGETHER.................
THE SAND THE SEA TOGETHER................
MUSIC AND DANCE TOGETHER............... LIME AND LEMONI DRINK TOGETHER.........
ALL YOU NEED IS A DRINK... LIMCA, LIME AND LEMONI DRINK LIMCA
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by alaricsaltzman: 12:32pm On Dec 20, 2017
grin grin grin grin Good old days!
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Kayberg: 3:55pm On Feb 13, 2021
It seem nobody remembers:
Pengo,
Phensic,
Barclays Bank,
Honda CD195.

Good old days….
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by sultaan(m): 6:21pm On Feb 13, 2021
Baby wey rob bodi with Antina
Her bodi go sweet
her tanda go***

Jobitex canned foods
Fan milk
Tower bread
Leventis and kingsway(train ride)
Dominos
That companu headed by Shonekan
5 star, legend gulder and shazebrough

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Massive Python Swallows Big Goat (Photos) / The True Story Of The Boy Buried Alive Inside Brick Walls Of Old House / I Just Caught This Idiot (Hedgehog) On My Way Home (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.