Stats: 3,149,861 members, 7,806,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's (80351 Views)

Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever / 6 Memorable Things We Did As Kids (Children Of The 70's And Early 80's) / Social Memories Of Growing Up In The 70's, 80's And 90's In 9ja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by mbhs139(m): 9:08pm On Feb 24, 2013
ba7man: Sunday Rendevous.

i hate this programme like ...

It's sooooo looooong.

People just dancing and dancing only to win Gold Spot openner or Parley Soda tray

Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by lomzy1(m): 9:08pm On Feb 24, 2013
Dauda the sexy guy
Lewis the traveller

Captain beer
Rock beer
Top beer

Ekena gowon (gowon's nail).. It was a candy sort of

Green sand

Niro
Pronto
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by NoQualms1(f): 9:08pm On Feb 24, 2013
The good old days. Life is in stages indeed. Some reigning products will soon become memories too. #FACT
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by mbhs139(m): 9:10pm On Feb 24, 2013
j-slimz:
IKB cream
Goodie goodie
Stella pomade
Jamil yorghurt
Crush
Fanta chapman

Soap opera's like:
Lady of the rose
No one but you
Rich also cry
Wild rose

How time flies **walking down memory lane**

You must be born in the early 90s or late 80s. those ones are still recent to some extent
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Paultue: 9:12pm On Feb 24, 2013
HAUSA SWEET,
AGIDI JOLLOF
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by rman: 9:14pm On Feb 24, 2013
Cortina Shoes (Popularly known as BATA )
James Hardley Chase Novels
Bon bon sweets (They have a core made of chewing gums)
Sabella

Also, how many rembered when KITES were popular. Every quality nylon is a potential kite. The long tails and wings way up there when in flight is a beauty to behold. Yes, kids had toys then but we also created a few. Flying kites over bridges on the island was one of my favorite childhood memories.

Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by ajila03(m): 9:14pm On Feb 24, 2013
What about Temitope Biscuit.

Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by mbhs139(m): 9:23pm On Feb 24, 2013
trolling: wetin be de name of that ice-cream wey we dey chop fit stick?
i just remembered that biscuit wey get pepper inside,wetin be de name?
dem still get tomtom 4 9ja?

pepper snack

wall ice cream, you play game with the stick and win sticks
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by mbhs139(m): 9:26pm On Feb 24, 2013
Reference:

Yeah. With those encased comic strips. They were collectors items. Ginger ale. My best soda of all time. Mum was crazy for green sands. Lennard's shoes too. Great rivals to Bata.

No! (Fanta) Ginger Ale is not Soda. It has taste, in green bottle, it's not tasteless. There was this fanta in brown bottle, i think that's the one with soda.
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by edoselele: 9:26pm On Feb 24, 2013
Wat abt stella pomade and forever cream,then tony motana powder?oh no ‎G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ olddays!
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by aPr: 9:29pm On Feb 24, 2013
canada dry
top beer
dc comics
jobitex canned egusi soup/stew
mbhs139:

No! (Fanta) Ginger Ale is not Soda. It has taste, in green bottle, it's not tasteless. There was this fanta in brown bottle, i think that's the one with soda.
tonic water
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2013
do you remember TOFFEE SWEET, NICO SWEET, MALTA SWEET, GO-GO CANDY, and KEY SOAP.
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2013
Am really getting old,these lists just bring back old memories....
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Lakayana: 9:36pm On Feb 24, 2013
Bazooka Joe bubble gum hmm.
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by tolam4skywd(m): 9:42pm On Feb 24, 2013
olu4life: I so love TANDI,was my favourite drink then. The good old days. Remember sisi pelebe,ekana go one,condense,lmao
Hey u guys didnt mention my biscuit o - PAKO BISCUIT
Hmmm pako biscuit.... Wat of eruku oshodi, kokoro eakana asa.... I miss dm all
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by kpezi: 9:42pm On Feb 24, 2013
phreakabit: So I was having this nostalgic discussion with my brother about the 80's when we were kids and I actually remembered asking him whatever happened to Nestle Nescao? Anyways, we ended up compiling a list of products that we think are no longer in the market.Might have forgotten some so feel free to add. . . Please make sure they are old products.

Nescao
Albix biscuit
Pronto Cocoa drink
Vitalo
Nabisco
Oyakaka
vip apple drink (not sure about the name. . . . packed in an orange colored cup with a foil seal top )
Tree top
Maltex
Walls Ice cream grin
Nido milk
Parazone super bleach
Elephant detergent
TCP
Aquafresh toothpaste
Dentoclean toothpaste
Okin Biscuit( The 2 differnt kinds)
Nasco biscuits (The small ones sold at schools. . LOL)
Nasco wafers
Oxford cabin biscuits (still in the market, but isn't quite as good now IMO)
Tandi Guarana (What ever happened to this drink?!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Crush orange drink
Fanta Ginger ale
Fanta Chapman
Parle Soda
Gold Spot
Rainbow hair care products
Cocosheen
Venus body cream ( The one Nike Oshinowo modeled for. . lol)
Shield deodorant
Chevalier Brandy (That old school ad had class written allover it!)
Imperial leather (This soap done tey for market)
Trebor Peppermint (All the various kinds)
Royco (Fell off hard!)
Dawa Dawa cubes (Fell off hard too!)
Swan bottle spring water (still the best IMO)
Ragolis spring water ( was always second to Swan)
Izal
Septol
Bongo tea
M&K (Nuff said)
Gogo (M&K knock off but still >>>>>> Everything children eat nowadays . . . Hahahaha)
Sprint bubble gum
Milex milk

Brain lag. . . . . . . . . . . Can't come up with anymore sorry!

[quote author=phreakabit]So I was having this nostalgic discussion with my brother about the 80's when we were kids and I actually remembered asking him whatever happened to Nestle Nescao? Anyways, we ended up compiling a list of products that we think are no longer in the market.Might have forgotten some so feel free to add. . . Please make sure they are old products.

Nescao
Albix biscuit
Pronto Cocoa drink
Vitalo
Nabisco
Oyakaka
vip apple drink (not sure about the name. . . . packed in an orange colored cup with a foil seal top )
Tree top
Maltex
Walls Ice cream grin
Nido milk
Parazone super bleach
Elephant detergent
TCP
Aquafresh toothpaste
Dentoclean toothpaste
Nasco wafers
Crush orange drink
Fanta Ginger ale
Fanta Chapman
Parle Soda
Gold Spot
Cocosheen
Shield deodorant
Royco (Fell off hard!)
Izal
Septol
Bongo tea
M&K (Nuff said)
Gogo (M&K knock off but still >>>>>> Everything children eat nowadays . . . Hahahaha)
Sprint bubble gum
Milex milk

WHAT OF GUDYGUDY
REMEMBER COAST BISCUIT
QUEEN OF THE COAST SANDINE
KETTLE TEA
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by kakaG: 9:42pm On Feb 24, 2013
For me I still remember double crown lager beer
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by mrbyron(m): 9:42pm On Feb 24, 2013
Zigzag chocolates.....i was addicted to this one
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Lakayana: 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2013
It's like everyone has forgotten surf detergent it was the only white detergent I knew then.
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Enuels: 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2013
phreakabit: So I was having this nostalgic discussion with my brother about the 80's when we were kids and I actually remembered asking him whatever happened to Nestle Nescao? Anyways, we ended up compiling a list of products that we think are no longer in the market.Might have forgotten some so feel free to add. . . Please make sure they are old products.

Nescao
Albix biscuit
Pronto Cocoa drink
Vitalo
Nabisco
Oyakaka
Tree top
Maltex
Walls Ice cream grin
Nido milk
Parazone super bleach
Elephant detergent
TCP
Aquafresh toothpaste
Dentoclean toothpaste
Nasco wafers
Crush orange drink
Fanta Ginger ale
Fanta Chapman
Parle Soda
Gold Spot
Cocosheen
Shield deodorant
Royco (Fell off hard!)
Izal
Septol
Bongo tea
M&K (Nuff said)
Sprint bubble gum
Milex milk

I remember coconut biscuit in a yellow sachet and one tonic soda drink, made by either coca cola bottling company or (?). That's all i remember now. Nuels

Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 24, 2013
Right time condoms
Ap super visco static
Bic cartoon

Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by AbrantieGH(m): 9:48pm On Feb 24, 2013
anjyskye: d gud old days when on sundays like dis u sit glue 2d tv (black&white) watching indian movies likes of toofaan, shoes like back 2 sch n basket sandals, hairdo lyk jerry curls. Then ghana men full naija na them be d stylist 4 jerry.
So Ghana men were your fashion experts? Thanks for your revelation. cheesy

I guess the Naija men were too busy learning how to read and write from our Ghana men as well. grin
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by striker07(m): 9:49pm On Feb 24, 2013
Vimto drink I like the way it makes the tongue reddish
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Jluvu: 9:50pm On Feb 24, 2013
Life buoy soap(with John Chidozie),Kettle tea, John player gold leaf,stella pomade,Morning Rose perfumed powder(papa bomboy lef me)Fama butter,saturday nite powder LOL
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by chreldb(m): 9:50pm On Feb 24, 2013
victokafor: i pray we experience the goooooood old dayssss.. what of cartoonsss!!!

SUPER TED.
VOLTRON
ATOM ANTS
INCREDIBLE HAWK
LION KING
SPEEDY RACER
SCOOPY DOO
DANGER MOUSE..E.T.C

WHAT OF SOAP OPERAS AND NOTABLE FILMS?

SLEDGE HAMMER
COCK CROW AT DAWN
VILLAGE HEADMASTER
AFTER THE STORM
THE RICH ALSO CRY
NO ONE BUT YOU
THINGS FALL APART
WINDS OF DESTINY
FRANK OLIZE SUNDAY SUNDAY TONIC NEWS AT 9.00PM

Just a few additions to soap operas

NIGERIAN

Willie willie cheesy
Tales by moonlight
Checkmate
Riddles and hope

FOREIGN

Another life
Santa Barbara.
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Jluvu: 9:52pm On Feb 24, 2013
mbhs139:

tyhe fanta with brown bottle was fanta tonic.
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by AVISENNA: 9:53pm On Feb 24, 2013
You guys seem to forget in a hurry : Opanka sandals, koro sandals, Joka jelly footwear, Buggle boy jeans, Flying canvas , Pengo paracetamol, Ava soap ,Kesinsheen,Dailyneed, Vidalin M

I used to leave my curtina shoe outside , evertime I came back from school ,hoping my folks wld change it for me but alas !my dog c couldn't eat it , cause it was too tough, it got drenched by rain and always got tougher when exposed to sun and air ,so I did a the noble thing of leaving it in school and saying I lost it . It was waiting for me the next day with my class teacher (twilight zone ) .Spooky ain't it .

Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by naptu2: 9:58pm On Feb 24, 2013
I wonder if anybody remembers what this is and what it's used for.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/890507_win-pics-whistle-pop_jpg42ae03fe4bdc20b8ba67c70b42931432[/img]

Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by kevoneal: 9:59pm On Feb 24, 2013
grin[left][/left]
Mr.chippychappy:
Make i add my own : PLANTA Butter

Wow! I particularly remember the commercial on NTA those days esp. during tv dramas like Checkmate... Kai! Wish I could sang d sing ooooo on NL
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by Jluvu: 10:01pm On Feb 24, 2013
Behind the cloud
mirror in the sun
supple blues
Howard five o
Bigfoot and wild boy
uncle Wole´s animal game(ore mi kilo gba odo oloju eja....)
cock crow at dawn
Samanja
Famous five
The great space coaster
Little kid dynamite all star band
Speed racer
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by trolling(m): 10:01pm On Feb 24, 2013
mbhs139:

i hate this programme like ...

It's sooooo looooong.

People just dancing and dancing only to win Gold Spot openner or Parley Soda tray
i'm telling u so boring, na so so ajegunle boys n girls full am
Re: Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's by samkoro: 10:01pm On Feb 24, 2013
3 top
Teem (soft drink)
Green sand(beer)
Begedoff(beer)
Carnation(milk)
Garwood(jean)
Arizona(jean)
Levi straus(jean)
Buggle boy(shirt)
Ladder(car)
Renault(car)
Peogeot 304,404,504,505 (car)
Ignis(fridge)
KDK(fan)
Cetreon(car)
CD 185, 195( motorcycle)
Raleigh(bicycle)
White horse(bicycle)
Brogue(shoe)
Mister(shoe)
Timberland(boot)
Bongs and olofsen(music sets)
Aiwa(music sets)
Susuki(car and byke)
Alpha romeo(car)
Toyota crown(car)
Volkswagen beetle(car)
Sanyo( TV)
Tura(soap)
Emily millionare(soap)
Diesel(jean)
Dazed and confused(t shirt)
Vesper(byke) made in india
DATSUN(car)
Fiat (vehicle)
BEDFORD (tipper)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Massive Python Swallows Big Goat (Photos) / The True Story Of The Boy Buried Alive Inside Brick Walls Of Old House / I Just Caught This Idiot (Hedgehog) On My Way Home (Photos)