Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,826 members, 7,798,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

My Boyfriend Asked To Have Sex But I'm Just Not Ready...please Advise - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Asked To Have Sex But I'm Just Not Ready...please Advise (14995 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Signs He’s Just Not Into You / Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Asked To Have Sex But I'm Just Not Ready...please Advise by ajetunblog(m): 7:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
This is from one of my blog reader..Ajetun Blog

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year. A few weeks ago, we tried to have sex, but once he put the condom on, it became so much more real and i decided i just couldn't do it. He's on vacation right now in Ghana, and we were talking, and he said I should just think about having sex with him. He tried to word it in a way where he wasn't pressuring me, but I feel pressured.

I'm 23, and he's also 23. Having sex seems like a nice fantasy, but I'm not ready for the real thing. A lot of my friends have lost their virginities and have already had sex with two guys. I don't want to have sex while still in University. I want to wait until I'm ready to handle the consequences, and I'm not! I'm scared of getting pregnant, even if we use condoms.

Any help or experiences? I feel like if I have sex with him, it will just be to make him happy and so I can get it over with. I do really love him, but my heart keeps telling me I should wait.

Read more : http://ajetun..com/2013/02/my-boyfriend-asked-to-have-sex-but-im.html

Re: My Boyfriend Asked To Have Sex But I'm Just Not Ready...please Advise by ajetunblog(m): 7:56pm On Feb 23, 2013
follow your heart
Re: My Boyfriend Asked To Have Sex But I'm Just Not Ready...please Advise by ihedioramma: 8:33pm On Feb 23, 2013
DONT SELL UR SELF WITH ANYBODY ONLY UR HUSBAND .DONT TRY TO BE WITH A MAN ONLY IN A ROOM . SEX IS ONLY 4MARRD HUSBAND AND HIS WIFE. IF U DID NOT LOST UR VG GOD WILL BE HAPPY WITH AND UR HUSBAND WILL LOVE U AND WILL NOT LOOK 4OTHER WOMAN. FOR PEOPLE THAT LOST THERE OWN SORRY 4UR SELF BECOS UR HUSBAND WILL NOT BE HAPPY WITH U NO MATTER WHAT U TOLD HIM . SO LADYS IF U WANT TO BE BIG GIRL,LADY E.T.C DONT GIVE OUT UR SEX TO A PASS BY GUY,BOY E.T.C.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Asked To Have Sex But I'm Just Not Ready...please Advise by ITbomb(m): 9:37pm On Feb 23, 2013
@ihedioramma
The Nollywood actress, Tope would not agree with you, according to her
"I think sex is meant to be enjoyed by two people who have serious feeling for each other. Sex is good, it is there for two lovers to enjoy themselves and share the secrets of their hearts.
On whether one should engage in premarital sex or not, I would say, yes. Premarital sex is okay as long as it is a safe sex. Our society allows it. These days, you can hardly keep a relationship going without sex."
I believe so many people would agree with her
Re: My Boyfriend Asked To Have Sex But I'm Just Not Ready...please Advise by ihedioramma: 3:29am On Feb 25, 2013
@ITBOMB, ARE THEY LORD? CAN U MARRY ANY OF THEM IF U ARE LOOKING 4WIFE? TELL ME IS THERE ANY GOOD THING THIS GIRLS TEACH? WE LIVE THE WAY TO FOLLOW AND START TO FOLLO SOME ONE THAT DONT UNDERSTAND THE WORLD .
Re: My Boyfriend Asked To Have Sex But I'm Just Not Ready...please Advise by jigwe101: 4:48am On Feb 25, 2013
You can't always live your life pleasing other people. You love him very much, that's good. but does he love you? out of love, he should respect your decision and even encourage you to keep yourself for him on your wedding day. Its funny when I see situations like this because it never ends like he says. if you follow your heart, you'll have no regrets. there's much more you can get from sex. a lifetime disease, pregnancy, and this be your cross to bear alone. My current boyfriend encourages me to stay pure because he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. he should support you, not make you feel guilty or pressured.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Asked To Have Sex But I'm Just Not Ready...please Advise by djeezy(m): 5:00am On Feb 25, 2013
Do what's best for you. If you don't want to be intimate with him now and you have been collecting money from him, refrain asap.
Re: My Boyfriend Asked To Have Sex But I'm Just Not Ready...please Advise by MrMcJay(m): 6:26am On Feb 25, 2013
What if he dumps you once you've had sex with him?

You are not alone, there are a lot of proud virgins out there. At 23, you should focus on your studies and acquire skills that would sustain you in the outside world. Seun was your age when he founded Nairaland. Pick up a new language, learn workplace etiquette, driving, marketing skills, IT skills, anything but pre-marital sex.

If on the other hand you choose to go ahead, remember that baby food is more expensive than garri.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Asked To Have Sex But I'm Just Not Ready...please Advise by free2ryhme: 6:58am On Feb 25, 2013
dont be pressure to give in. you've made the right decision not to and Heaven is happy abt it ... Let it be your pride that on your wedding night you were disvirgin by the man God has given you .... pls keep your virginity till u get married .. it is your greatest pride and you will be forever be boasted abt even by ur hubby if he meets you a virgin ... dont lose gaurd .. pressure will come but do not succumb.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Asked To Have Sex But I'm Just Not Ready...please Advise by fuckluv(f): 10:47am On Feb 25, 2013
Don't try to displease yourself in other to please your boyfriend. If truly he loves u, he should wait till when u are ready. @ITBOMB, i don't agree with what the actress said. If sex is what keeps a relationship, then why is she not married to the first person she had sex with?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Asked To Have Sex But I'm Just Not Ready...please Advise by chizyluv(f): 7:07am On Mar 09, 2016
have dated a guy for like 1year and no sex but nw he beg of sex but I said no DT he should have patient... now d new methods he uses now s DT each time am with him we only romance ourselves den he will beg Me let me allow his man hood touch my verginal....am getting tired of D's issue and am scared if I allow DT he MIT disvirged me and I love him so much...old advice me

(1) (Reply)

Avoid Sexual Immoralities This Valentine's Day / Photos Of An Ivorian Lady With The Sexiest Buttocks / What Does It Take To Turn You On Or Off?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.