Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Car Coolant - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Coolant (18286 Views)

Camry Car Coolant Type / Water Or Coolant For Radiator / What Does Your Coolant Gauge Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Coolant by CaptainKirk: 5:04am On Jun 09, 2016
Hi Guys, New to this forum. Regarding coolant I have written the following brief which is applicable for both cars and generators:
Coolant
The majority of catastrophic engine failures can usually traced back to the cooling system. In most cases unplanned shutdowns are related to high temperature alarms. The ambient temperature and climatic conditions in Nigeria also contribute to these failures. Therefore it is important to ensure that your engine is running on a fully formulated coolant. Cummins ES Compleat Engine Coolant raises the boiling temperature and protects the engine with a comprehensive additive package. Your Cummins Sales Representative can advise and check the condition of your coolant. Leaking radiators and worn pressure caps can also reduce the pressure in the system leading to boiling in cooling systems which can cause catastrophic damage to the engine.
The good people at Cummins West Africa Limited at 8 Ijora Causeway can be of assistance.
Please be aware that there are many "fake" counterfeit products in our market so ensure you always purchase from a reputable supplier.
Re: Car Coolant by sunnydayasaba(m): 10:47am On Jun 10, 2016
I need someone to pls recommend a good coolant for a Toyota Camry 05 that's available in Nigerian market.
Re: Car Coolant by USPlaceofAutos: 1:00pm On Jun 10, 2016
sunnydayasaba:
I need someone to pls recommend a good coolant for a Toyota Camry 05 that's available in Nigerian market.

I've gat jst the coolant recommended for your car....Toyota 50/50 Pre-diluted super long life antifreeze/coolant...(Do not add water)
Call 09035870964 U.S. Place of Autos

Re: Car Coolant by USPlaceofAutos: 1:10pm On Jun 10, 2016
sunnydayasaba:

Would also recommend Chevron Supreme Pre-diluted antifreeze/coolant All available at U.S. Place of Autos

Please note that these coolants and other servicing part like spark plugs, premium oil filters, and lots more can be purchased from us at US Place of Autos Limited. For more information please call us on +2349035870964, +2347084775702 or visit our website www.usplaceofautos.com ...quality quaranteed wink

Re: Car Coolant by captainking(m): 6:44pm On Jun 10, 2016
USPlaceofAutos:

Would also recommend Chevron Supreme Pre-diluted antifreeze/coolant All available at U.S. Place of Autos
please can you recommend a good and genuine coolant for my Honda Babyboy 2000 model??
Re: Car Coolant by seedsower(m): 9:05pm On Jun 11, 2016
samir101ng:
For Toyota owners, here you go $28.67.
how do I get ? Lagos.
Re: Car Coolant by timenamoney: 2:07pm On Jan 19, 2020
grin shocked
Re: Car Coolant by timenamoney: 2:20pm On Jan 19, 2020
Ikenna351:

First, you will need to find out the colour of coolant recommended for your car cooling system.

Ikenna.

grin U are veryfunny and wrong as an expert people see u to be to say this, colure don't matter what matter is the content it contains recommended by the owner manual, my 1999 Camry u recommend ethle-glucose normally come in green colure or toyota long life colant which normally come in red, I recommend Abro ethle-glucose coolant because of aluminum blocks, which comes in a tin can made in u.s (see pic below) which can't be produced or faked by Nigerians , not the one in four litres rubber because of high percentage of colur and water fake products everywhere in Nigeria ,if the total 9ja coolant contain ethle-glucose and is of good quality and have good reviews then it will be my second alternative base on US vs 9ja quality .

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Car Coolant by VirtIQ: 4:43pm On Jan 19, 2020
According to my honda manual.
I stopped buying those plastic bottle which has green paint and adulterated coolant. Pls which will i buy for my honda o. Also my radiator is new but i foolishly bought abro when no coolant was available.now im using water only

Re: Car Coolant by Hondajosh: 7:42am On Jan 20, 2020
VirtIQ:
According to my honda manual.
I stopped buying those plastic bottle which has green paint and adulterated coolant. Pls which will i buy for my honda o. Also my radiator is new but i foolishly bought abro when no coolant was available.now im using water only

Good morning, This is the genuine and recommended coolant for your Honda and Acura vehicles.

Re: Car Coolant by VirtIQ: 8:48am On Jan 20, 2020
Where is it. Show the pix
Hondajosh:

Good morning, This is the genuine and recommended coolant for your Honda and Acura vehicles.
Re: Car Coolant by VirtIQ: 8:48am On Jan 20, 2020
Ha much
Hondajosh:

Re: Car Coolant by timenamoney: 12:55am On Jun 23, 2020
Denc:
Hello all

This product: ABRO engine radiator coolant (long lasting green); is it good for autos?
Would you recommend it??

Kindly respond
Buy the abro coolant in sealed cans made in usa, 6cans should be enough
Re: Car Coolant by timenamoney: 1:12am On Jun 23, 2020
Ikenna351:

First, you will need to find out the colour of coolant recommended for your car cooling system.

Ikenna.
Hahaha grin
Ikenna351:

Ikenna.
Hahaha See advice , colour dont matter, rather its type that matters
Re: Car Coolant by dicksonadams(m): 5:27pm On Apr 06, 2021
timenamoney:
Hahaha grin Hahaha See advice , colour dont matter, rather its type that matters

True, but is the total coolant advisable
Re: Car Coolant by Berachahrent: 12:47pm On Apr 07, 2021
Use Valvoline Maxlife Universal Coolant and experience the desire performance.
Re: Car Coolant by timenamoney: 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2021
dicksonadams:

True, but is the total coolant advisable
I have not use the total collant but have come across it severally at their station cheaper , but what discouraged me is their illiterate workers who don't know or have any manual to know if is contain ethly glucose , which is what my car manual recommend ,. And I don't manage especially when it has to do with my car cooling system functioning properly without any topping or servicing for two or three years, I have used the small abro USA which say ethly glucose and DO NOT MIX which means it has been already mix with distilled water ,at a higher amount #, maybe because USA products have good regulators than Nigeria who is not a serious body all round , know what your car needs b4 making any decisions,

grin snow no de fall but come see where 9ja men de rush antifreeze grin

@time na money
sorry, but no reply is too late

1 Like

Re: Car Coolant by novexme(m): 5:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
Just coming across this thread today and I want to make some clarifications. About what a Radiator coolant is or Anti-freeze as some people call it.

1) A radiator coolant should be a mix of ethylene glycol, additives and distilled water, while Anti-freeze is mostly ethylene glycol and additives, some come mixed already with distilled water while some require you to mix it yourself.

Major difference between the two is Antifreeze has more of ethylene glycol due to the ability for it not to freeze in extreme cold conditions.

It delays boiling and also retains heat for a longer time.

The more ethylene glycol you have in your coolant depends on where you live.

If you are living in a temperate climate like us, Europe, Asia you require a coolant with 50/50 mix or more

While if you live in tropical climate like Africa, middle East, some parts of Australia, you require a coolant with less than 50/50 mix, more of 30% glycol and 70% distilled water.

You don't need your engine to be hot at night since we rarely have winter.

2) There are different types of coolants
a) in Organic - doesn't contain ethylene glycol, used for older vehicles
b) Organic - has ethylene glycol, additives and distilled water
c) Hybrid - has propylene glycol, additives, some concentrate and distilled water

3) colours on coolants are majorly to identify when there is a leak or a spill, so it can be easily spotted reason for it being coloured. If it's translucent you have to start smelling or touching to check it's coolant and not any other thing.

Though the three major colours are also used to differentiate between grades.
Greenish yellow - In-organic
Red - Organic
Pink - Organic
Green - Organic
Blue - Hybrid

4) Car manufacturers require a specific grade of coolant in their vehicles for optimum performance.

5) There are a lot of fake coolants littering the Nigerian market, but coolants worthy of note and prepared to the specified requirements by SON are hacops radiator coolant and total coolant. In addition forte oil coolant.

6) there are ways to check if a coolant is good, majorly by checking it's meg content or by checking it's pH and also by checking using a specific gravity device.

Hacops Radiator coolant was given an award by institute of oil and gas for best coolant in Nigeria 2018 and 2020.

Try any of the mentioned coolants and have rest of mind

You can visit their website www.hacops.com

Re: Car Coolant by kaymart: 10:31am On Feb 01, 2022
timenamoney:

grin U are veryfunny and wrong as an expert people see u to be to say this, colure don't matter what matter is the content it contains recommended by the owner manual, my 1999 Camry u recommend ethle-glucose normally come in green colure or toyota long life colant which normally come in red, I recommend Abro ethle-glucose coolant because of aluminum blocks, which comes in a tin can made in u.s (see pic below) which can't be produced or faked by Nigerians , not the one in four litres rubber because of high percentage of colur and water fake products everywhere in Nigeria ,if the total 9ja coolant contain ethle-glucose and is of good quality and have good reviews then it will be my second alternative base on US vs 9ja quality .

Cheers

Stumbled upon this tread Ans it's helpful not minding the year. How many tins of this will be enough for a radiator of same car u describe here and should it be poured directly into the radiator?
Re: Car Coolant by timenamoney: 10:19am On Oct 15, 2022
kaymart:

Stumbled upon this tread Ans it's helpful not minding the year. How many tins of this will be enough for a radiator of same car u describe here and should it be poured directly into the radiator?
10 tin and do not dilute according to the instructions because it has been mixed with distilled water
Re: Car Coolant by mine85(m): 4:22pm On Oct 16, 2022
I use water as my coolant. any side effect. Camry 99
Re: Car Coolant by timenamoney: 11:38am On Oct 29, 2022
mine85:
I use water as my coolant. any side effect. Camry 99
yes your radiator and engine block will experience major rust that will end up eating up and course Hole's that can put water into your engine and also damage your radiator resulting in expensive replacement, you will also experience inadequate cooling and multiple water shortage in short drive time
Re: Car Coolant by mine85(m): 2:39pm On Nov 05, 2022
timenamoney:
yes your radiator and engine block will experience major rust that will end up eating up and course Hole's that can put water into your engine and also damage your radiator resulting in expensive replacement, you will also experience inadequate cooling and multiple water shortage in short drive time

hmmm. I recently observed that my coolant water finishes after 3 to 4 days. but I see no where it leaks. is it not that the water is not returning? I will buy normal coolant too
Re: Car Coolant by timenamoney: 8:21pm On Nov 19, 2022
mine85:

hmmm. I recently observed that my coolant water finishes after 3 to 4 days. but I see no where it leaks. is it not that the water is not returning? I will buy normal coolant too
hmmm 3 to 4 days is too soon to get finished except you drive alot, get a professional to check out your cooling system for leaks, then use 50% coolant and 50% distilled water not tap water, the boiling point of tap water is 100deg, and distilled water up to 200 degree which is more than the operating temperature of a car especially when you use an engine thermostat to regulate engine temperature often,buy coolant from a reputable outlet like total to avoid buying water and color as coolant

Cheers time na money

1 Like

Re: Car Coolant by AutoManual: 11:25pm On Apr 18, 2023
timenamoney:
hmmm 3 to 4 days is too soon to get finished except you drive alot, get a professional to check out your cooling system for leaks, then use 50% coolant and 50% distilled water not tap water, the boiling point of tap water is 100deg, and distilled water up to 200 degree which is more than the operating temperature of a car especially when you use an engine thermostat to regulate engine temperature often,buy coolant from a reputable outlet like total to avoid buying water and color as coolant

Cheers time na money
I bought abro coolant greenish in cooler and i bought it for 4k. The can one was 4ml and they said its N1200.

I go for the 4 litter abro gallon and my major concern is to avoid rust and liquid shortage here and there. as I bought the radiator newly.

The 4L didn’t fill the radiator so i use bole hole water to complete it.
Re: Car Coolant by timenamoney: 8:40am On Apr 19, 2023
AutoManual:
I bought abro coolant greenish in cooler and i bought it for 4k. The can one was 4ml and they said its N1200.

I go for the 4 litter abro gallon and my major concern is to avoid rust and liquid shortage here and there. as I bought the radiator newly.

The 4L didn’t fill the radiator so i use bole hole water to complete it.

using distilled water should have been your best option not tap water, because 50% of the coolant you bought may have been distilled water

Timenamoney
Re: Car Coolant by AutoManual: 10:52am On Apr 19, 2023
timenamoney:
using distilled water should have been your best option not tap water, because 50% of the coolant you bought may have been distilled water

Timenamoney
bole hole is not tap water. Besides I couldn’t get distilled water.
Re: Car Coolant by timenamoney: 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2023
AutoManual:
bole hole is not tap water. Besides I couldn’t get distilled water.

what is the boiling point of the bole hole water, is it higher than 100degree Celsius ?

Remember we are not talking about the neatness of the water only , we should also consider the boiling point

Rain water has passed through evaporation just like ac water has pass through heat , but rain is contaminated on it way down to earth , that why distilled water was recommended

If you don't care about the so called contamination , then rain or ac water should be your second option.

A car with a coolant thermostat operate at about 90 something degree , ac and go slow stress make the water evaporate and course shortage even without leaks , unlike clean distilled water that has passed through heat and has a higher boiling point of up to 180 to 200 degree which a car can't reach

Remember timenamoney

(1) (2) (Reply)

Safest Cars On Nigerian Roads 2018 Based On IIHS Crash Test Ratings. / How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? / Aisha Umar - Female Taxi-driver In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.