Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Convoluted And Bizzare, Would You Support This Relationship? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Convoluted And Bizzare, Would You Support This Relationship? (1812 Views)

Pls How Do I Save This Relationship As Our Sexual Life Is in a Total Mess / Help With Your Advice Am In Dilema Over This Relationship / Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convoluted And Bizzare, Would You Support This Relationship? by Ndipe(m): 7:17pm On Mar 17, 2008
http://www.cnn.com/US/9809/01/switched.babies/index.html.

Remember the above story on the switched babies? Now, here is the latest!

Buena Vista, Va. (AP) -Relatives of two girls who were switched
at birth have married. Carlton Conley, the biological father of
Rebecca Grace Chittum, wed Pamela Miskovsky, the biological
aunt of Callie Marie Conley, on Saturday. In 1995, Conley left
the University of Virginia Medical Center in Charlottesville with
Callie. Rebecca went home with Callie's biological parents,
Kevin Chittum and Whitney Rogers. Miskovsky had assumed
Rebecca was her niece until the hospital discovered the mix-
up in 1998, shortly after Kevin Chittum and Rogers died in
a car crash. The girls' identities were revealed through DNA
test results arising from a child support dispute between
Rebecca's biological mother, Paula K. Johnson, and Carlton
Conley. The marriage makes Carlton Conley Callie's uncle
by marriage as well as her biological father. Johnson, Carlton
Conley's ex-girlfriend, has custody of Callie. The Rogers and
Chittum families share custody of Rebecca

http://www.mail-archive.com/weirdside@topica.com/msg00024.html
Re: Convoluted And Bizzare, Would You Support This Relationship? by almondjoy(f): 9:41pm On Mar 17, 2008
My attention span has too short of a half life to follow this mess. . . so no comment.  I really can't follow who is what, and I am not even going to try.  I wish them all the best! kiss
Re: Convoluted And Bizzare, Would You Support This Relationship? by Ndipe(m): 9:55pm On Mar 17, 2008
Honestly, for once, I was a little bit confused, trying to piece the information together, despite being aware of the unfortunate baby switch. Ok, a bit of explanation. The groom's baby was switched without his knowledge, and he and his then girlfriend were raising another child. When the man reneged on his child support payment (or something like that), claiming that he was not convinced that the baby was his, the girlfriend appealed in court. DNA was conducted, and the man was exonerated. His girlfriend was confused, which heightened when the baby was determined not to be hers. So upon investigation, they found out that the baby was switched and raised by another couple, who unfortunately had just died in a motor accident, prior to this revelation.

The woman, Paula Johnson, said that when she saw her real biological child, she knew that it was her baby, owing to the resemblance. DNA was taken, and she was right. And yeah, the ex-boyfriend is the father.

Now, this ex-boyfriend just married an aunt of his 'supposed' daughter that his ex-girlfriend was raising. The last I read, the judge had refused to grant his ex-girlfriend full custody of their daughter. So, that means, he is marrying the aunt and also (hopefully) raising his daughter.

It is a very convoluted story, but oh well, the man probably figures that by marrying the woman, he will be involved in his child's life.
Re: Convoluted And Bizzare, Would You Support This Relationship? by SweetT1: 10:06pm On Mar 17, 2008
@Ndipe

You and your outrageous stories. Where do you get these stories from by the way? Pluto?
Re: Convoluted And Bizzare, Would You Support This Relationship? by almondjoy(f): 10:11pm On Mar 17, 2008
In other words, the groom is marrying his "fake" daughter's aunt?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Messy!  If they feel comfortable with the relationship fine.  They are not related per se, but have a lot of "shared blood relatives". I think that would make me uncomfortable.  Anything with a tad of incest around it. . . .count me out! To much static in this relationship.
Re: Convoluted And Bizzare, Would You Support This Relationship? by Ndipe(m): 10:52pm On Mar 17, 2008
Outrageous? Why don't you click on the link to ascertain the authenticity of the story.

@Almondjoy, there is no trace of incest in the love story. On another webboard, someone else endorsed the relationship
Re: Convoluted And Bizzare, Would You Support This Relationship? by almondjoy(f): 4:01am On Mar 18, 2008
Ndipe:

Outrageous? Why don't you click on the link to ascertain the authenticity of the story.

@Almondjoy, there is no trace of incest in the love story. On another webboard, someone else endorsed the relationship

Yeah no incest in this story, but he already parented the fake daughter making all members of her family his family. Too much for me to handle. If they can stomach the relationship. . . all well and good. It must be a relief to both the groom and "aunty" wife to know they are not related. . . .thank God for small mercies. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Last Longer In Bed With These Tips / Playboy Model Turned Spanish Teacher Sparks Controversy In U.S / 3-day Old Baby Amara Chiedozie, Learns To Feed Self

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.