Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Love In My Favour - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love In My Favour (21979 Views)

Love In Transit / Love In The Ghetto / Love In Due Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love In My Favour by CaptCindie(f): 9:06am On Mar 08, 2013
Rap maestro: tanx, but pls bear wit me while i repair my spoilt fone.
no p..
Re: Love In My Favour by princesa(f): 12:57pm On Mar 08, 2013
Francheezy:
i beg ur pard0n ?

the initial arrangment, like cutting the sentences mid way in the lines.
Re: Love In My Favour by Rapmaestro(m): 10:37pm On Mar 08, 2013
.....She was looking at me unknowingly, and when she did realized I was looking at her, she turned.
"So, wetin you dey do now nah?" I was thrown a question by Peter,
"Small P, na God we dey look him face o, no work yet and I never secure admission, you nko?" I threw back a question to him too,
"Well Swagger Baba, you know say I no brilliant as you people na but i'm ahead of y'all in sport activities, so I decided to join a karate/taekwando school, now i'm a holder of blackbelt in Footwork of Shenshi" he replied, Shenshi? Only God knows what that means, my thought.
...."So, O.k you guys know each other right? Now you've totally forgotten that I was standing with both of you, happy reconcilation then" Christie intercepted our discussion, her raised voice says it all that she was vexed,
"Sorry!!!" I and Peter chorused together unknowingly,
"Meet my elder sister Christianna" Peter said with a chuckle, "you guys have met right?" he asked no one in particular...
"Yes" I replied,
"Ok how did you guys meet? I'm eager to know" he teased,
"She..she..she" mehn I couldn't say it,
"Stop it Pete, Go away, leave my visitor.. Oya shoo go away, you'll see later" she was shooing peter away while struggling to push Peter, or Pete as I now knew a new nick of his, the guy is huge, so he was not even bulging from the push of his lightier and skinnier sister..
"If you don't tell me, I won't leave you guys" he teased and gave a teasing laugh..
"OK, she..she..she.." I was about to say something when we heard footsteps and raised voices coming from ahead, It looks as if the meeting ended with arguement...
.....One by one, they all came out, each and every one of them dressed in suit or coat..whatever jawe, then I saw him among the few clustered people propably arguing about something...
Re: Love In My Favour by Emperortj93(m): 9:43am On Mar 09, 2013
N9ce jawb brova, btw dn't let haterz spoil ur mode, cus no matter wat u do dey must stil hate, bt we no send them let text "mesage"
Re: Love In My Favour by Ezekielbaba: 11:45am On Mar 09, 2013
It was an interesting text.we can laern dt "Not all dt glitters are gold"
Re: Love In My Favour by Rapmaestro(m): 4:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
.......They were divided into two groups, some where arguing while the other group seems like they were apologizing, then I saw a man come from behind the two groups, probably the head pastor, he had a bible underneath his armpit, he came out and started telling the apologizing group to stop begging,
"Leave them, let them talk all they like, it must be done" the head pastor shouted.
"Ehen, you've still got the gut to talk abi Pastor Mattew, the entire congregration are against that idea, why will you say the tithe money should be used to buy cars for the pastors?" A man said, My mind was jolted back to him, the man that came out first, I saw him, I did a thorough scanning of him and the woman beside him, they had the resemblance of Christie and Peter all over them, from their physique, to their height, skin texture e.t.c, infact Peter looked like his mum while Christie was the opposite, those two were obviously Christie and Peter's parent, the woman held a small girl of about the age of Four, probably Christie's sibling. My mind went back two weeks before I met christie,
********************flashback to two-weeks before meeting Christie*************************
Friday night:
8:00 P.M
I and three friends of mine namely Joshua A.k.A josh, Kazeem A.K.A kez, Tunde A.K.A Tuna pumping, we were coming back from a friends party, We were on Tuna's bajaj motorcycle, we were four on it, Tuna behind the steering as the rider, Kez and Josh in the middle, while I was the last, sitting uncomfortably on an iron plate, {aarggh, that night, my yansh pained me}, Tuna was speeding so fast, we were trying to get home before another round of rain caught us, the rain had fallen earlier during the afternoon, it was not much but this particular one, from the wild wind, chilly weather it was going to rain cat and dog, the not-so-surprising pot-holes on Nigeria roads, particularly the one we were riding on was filled with the earlier fallen rain.
.....VVOOMM VVOOOMMM, we were speeding when all of a sudden a Prado jeep sped past us, spilling water from a pot-hole filled on us, the driver, I think was not aware he also had a woman beside him, they sped past without saying anything, Tuna was vexed, he shouted at the speeding jeep, we joined in the shouting spree, most especially Kez, cos he was wearing a white jean and he loves swag too much. Tuna pressed his foot angrily on the pedal to meet up to the now far ahead Prado, we eventually got closer, closer! closer!! We eventually got beside it and Tuna shouted while knocking the windshield, "Hey, why you pour water on us nah?", he was able to get the attention of the driver, because he wind down and asked Tuna to repeat, "Young Man, what are you saying?" he asked, before Tuna could answer, we heard GGBBWWWAAK
Re: Love In My Favour by Emperortj93(m): 5:50pm On Mar 10, 2013
Bravo bravo bravo bravo bravo brov. Bt Y is dis update short and u re uploadin irregularly or dem nova repair ur phone finish?
Re: Love In My Favour by Rapmaestro(m): 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
Emperortj93: Bravo bravo bravo bravo bravo brov. Bt Y is dis update short and u re uploadin irregularly or dem nova repair ur phone finish?
yea, u knw dose enqineer nah... I'll b usinq a friend's fone 4 next 3days
Re: Love In My Favour by Rapmaestro(m): 9:21am On Mar 11, 2013
......GGGBBWAAK!!! It happened so fast that I could not say how it really happened, all I knew was that The angry Kez had broken the back window, with a punch. Before we left the party, Kez was more on the high side than the rest of us, so the effect of the liquor and anger over spoiling his swagg had caused his breaking the windscreen.
"Who's that? What's that?" the man had asked on hearing the sound,
"Whaat, who broke that windscreen?", the woman sitting beside had asked angrily
"My windscreen, you miscreant, you drunken thugs, stop that bike now" the man instructed, For where? Who no know go know, if the man call police nko? My thought
"Sorry sir" I pleaded, while that was going on, we were still on motion and the Prado too, Tuna was afraid of what would transpire if he halted, "Noo!!!" he shouted and raced off, I had prepared my body for the get-away stunt that was going to take place, Tuna sped off, my conscience had me still begging from the speeding bike,
"we are very sorry sir" I had pleaded, Kez was even more angry at my plead, he shouted at me "Ssshh.. Shut up jorh, he's a stupid man", after saying that, he had his palm raised, his five fingers extended to the far behind Prado jeep, "Iya e, your mother" he cursed.
......The Prado jeep pursued, but bajaj was not cut out for that kind of bullsh?t, we made a detour through a short street and eloped.. We made it home before the rain started, truely, it had rained cat and dog that night, even if I could represent it with Lion and tiger, It would have explained it better, the rain was so wild, with powerful and echoeing thunderflash. The thunder had me scared after recalling the few hours.
...The pain seeped through my body again, most especially my as$, It hurt badly, I had added salt to injury by rubbing aboniki balm to the burnt black as$ {na joke o, my yansh fine gaan, u fit use do model self}, I slept with the pepperish feeling of my Oyinbo a$s.....
That was two weeks before I met Christianna
Re: Love In My Favour by Rapmaestro(m): 9:21am On Mar 12, 2013
.......I placed the face of that man and woman, they were obviously the lead in the ongoing arguement, the man got pissed and told his wife and colleague to leave the pastor.
"Bro David, Bro Daniel, lets leave Pastor Matthew, leave him, you know I'm a lawyer, I'll sue him on extortion of public funds if he doesn't back off that thought,
"are you threatening me? I'll do as I like" the pastor shouted back at the man,
"Do as you like nah, you'll see, we will all see how it will end"
"Public fund or God's money?" the pastor jokingly asked no one in particular,
"baby let's go" the man(Christie's dad) commanded his wife and started walking towards us, Christie and Peter walked up to him, I stood transfixed, I eventually walked behind them, hiding my face from him beside Christie's dark, long hair.
"welcome sir, how was the meeting dad?" Christie and Pete chorused in unison, he was very angry that he didn't even bother to reply them, he just walked past us followed closely by the woman and the small girl, the small girl whom I later learnt her name was Dorcas.
"Let's go home, joorh" the small girl said in her tiny voice,
"Shut up joorh, big head", Pete replied teasingly. Christie was unusually close to me, her shoulder rubbing the material covering my chest, I felt it, so did she too.
"Mummy mummy, brother Peter is calling me a big head, *SOBBIN*" the girl reported to her mum while tapping her hand.
"My pretty baby, the baby of the house, sorry ehn! Ndò, he was just playing with you" she comforted her "and you Peter, better stop calling her big head or else", she pretended to smack Peter on the cheek to comfort Dorcas, Peter faked crying, this made Dorcas happy but infuriated their father.
"You all better stop that your childish play" he turned and angrily said that, he noticed me and ask "Who are you?"..

1 Like

Re: Love In My Favour by Emperortj93(m): 9:32am On Mar 12, 2013
Kasala.....
Re: Love In My Favour by Rapmaestro(m): 9:38am On Mar 12, 2013
Emperortj93: Kasala.....
na so we see am o
Re: Love In My Favour by Emperortj93(m): 11:09am On Mar 12, 2013
bro, update nah. Dis suspence is killing
Re: Love In My Favour by adeswagsdmj(m): 1:59pm On Mar 12, 2013
rap maestro u arent aving plenty views bcus u update slowly nd dat leads 2 small pages bcus ppl dnt lyk reading novels dat arent much so dey wont break deir heart
Re: Love In My Favour by Rapmaestro(m): 2:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
adeswags dmj: rap maestro u arent aving plenty views bcus u update slowly nd dat leads 2 small pages bcus ppl dnt lyk reading novels dat arent much so dey wont break deir heart
tanx 4 dat tips, i'll brinq in my best, tanx
Re: Love In My Favour by Rapmaestro(m): 2:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
About my slow update, i'll try 2 improve dat as well, and it'll be a longer verse now. Only dat i'll do dat when there z lite, xo dat b4 my phone off while typinq, i'll just pluq it back
Re: Love In My Favour by Rapmaestro(m): 3:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
..GOD BLESS Y'ALL..
Re: Love In My Favour by Rapmaestro(m): 3:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
......."Who are you? What do you want here?", he asked with a raised voice while moving towards me, Christie came between us when he was close, she explained that she invited me to that day's service.
"Dad, I invited him over to today's service, he's a very good friend of mine", she had said,
"Oh! Ok, I guess I'm just mad about the issue of Pastor Mattew, sorry young man" he apologized,
"No problem sir" I replied, by this time, the woman, Christie's mum was looking at me, trying to place my face, I noticed she was really trying hard to put my face from the way she was squinting her eyebrow, Mehn! If she figured it out, I'm toast, I thought to myself. Peter was playing with Dorcas,
"Ok, so how was the service?" the Man asked jolting me back from my silent prayer of "GOD DON'T LET HER RECOLLECT O",
"I...I..I couldn't make it sir, I couldn't get this location, but I guessed it was Fi..fi..fine sir, from the look of smiling faces" I stammered, Christie's nudged me on the shoulder and silently whispered to my ear, "why are you stammering now? Don't be afraid, he's a nice man ", Ha! This girl does not know what was making me jittery o, My thought.
"Fine indeed with that stup1dity the Head pastor is putting on" he said, he had not seen my face, so I guess he couldn't say anything yet, he talked about the corrupt practices of the pastor and his colleague that he noticed while we walk up to their parked car, their parked jeep, that same Prado, I didn't see it earlier, as we got near to the parked car, Christie was glistening with smile, Pete had carried Dorcas on his arm{made me think, with that his muscle, he could definately carry patience Jonathan}, Their mum walked behind us, she was obviously trying to crack that code, she knew me but from where?.. My mind was doing stunt more than Jet li, "God, don't let her get it o" I said silently, but Christie must have heard me muster, for she asked "What did you just say?", I was about to answer 'Nothing' when I heard their mum say, "Honey, don't you think we've met this boy somewhere?"
_
****GHEN GHEN ****
_
.....Meanwhile, behind us, at the church door-step, where Christie's Dad left the Pastor and his loyalist, another scene was taking form that was going to change our lives.
....After watching us leave, seeing our a$ses sway left-right till we were far away from them, he snapped his finger in the air, probably at Christie's Dad {who I later got to know as Mr Samson}, he beckoned to his loyalist, and in they went, one after the other..
..."Brethrens, My Colleague, it is time we teach this Mr Samson a lesson", Pastor Matthew said and smacked the table real hard, that if it was made from ply-wood, it will be broken.
"Yes!!!, teach him a lesson", many of them shouted in unison.
"Do you remember brothers, that he was the one that rejected the offer of purchasing a bus for the church?",
"Yes, when he said we wanted to buy a fairly used bus and collect money for new one", One short man from behind replied sharply,
"He said the fairly used one's condition could cause accident of church member" A man sitting beside the short one added,
"Bu..bu..but he said, you guys should bring the money, that he had a friend who could import a brand new one in, you all refused" a thin, light skinned man retorted faintly,
"Shut up, Pastor Ade, how will we gain if we bought a new one? Ehn! Which side are you on? We or him?" Pastor Mattew thundered loudly at him,
"Sorry sir" pastor Ade apologized, he was the assistant to Pastor Matthew, he was fidgety, God-fearing but the leader holds the reign.
"What do you suggest we do my people?" Matthew asked no one in particular,
"Let's sack him from this church" one said,
"f00l, our actions will be questioned by his colleague" Pastor Mattew replied, and evil grin formed on his face,
"I know just what to do, come closer please, the wall has ears, we don't want somebody taking what I'm about to say to him". They all scrambled closer to Pastor Mattew and he whispered something to them,
"WWHHHAT, that's a sin, it's against the law of man and law of God" was what pastor Ade said, other pastor bursted to a racous laughter,
"Sin, but it will solve our problem, and our problem is Mr Samson", Pastor Mattew answered with a wicked grin, the others bursted to another round of laughter except Pastor Ade, who just made the crucifix sign on his body and silently asked for God's forgiveness on this people called man of God..
...*SHEEP IN WOLF'S CLOTHING*..
Re: Love In My Favour by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2013
U beta continue ds tory b4 i discontinue ur ......................
Re: Love In My Favour by Rapmaestro(m): 2:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
"Honey, don't you think we've met this boy somewhere", Mrs Samson had said to her husband, stopping beside me to look directly at my face, Mr Samson whirled round to an angle of 180, he looked at me, then past me to the church's door step, he saw the pastor's filing in, one after the other,
"F00ls that they are", he ignorantly said without removing his stare from them, he was suddenly aware of my presence again, he cast me a long look, his look was so hard that I thought my body will soon pe pierced by this look, but No, he was also trying to place my face,
"No, I don't think we've met this young man, darling" he said, still staring at me,
"Or have we met, young man?" he asked,
"I don't think so si..si...si..sir" I struggled to say, Christie's voice came through the question and answer,
"Dad, Mum, I'm sorry I didn't introduce my friend to you, his name is....", she was about to say my name when her mother interrupted her,
"Ehen! I've figured it out" she said, Ha! She don find out, I'm dead o, but wait, let's see what remembered, I thought,
"Figured what?" Christie and her dad chorused, Pete had walked forward carrying Dorcas with him out of earshot to listen to our conversation,
"Aren't you the boy that sold expired gala to us when we were travelling to Benin, on the express road?" she asked, she was sure that she was right, How I wished I was that boy, his own crime, was not as complicated as mine, My thought,
"Are you the boy?" Christie asked with bitterness written all over her,
"No", I said,
"PHEEW, thank God you are not the boy, cos after eating the Gala, I and Dorcas had stomach upset which eventually led us to hospital bed, we were diagnosed of food poisoning" she said and breathed a sigh of relief. And then it happened, I saw coldness on Mr Samson's former bright feature, now cold and red, "I think I know you boy, tell me the truth, were you among the boys that broke my windscreen on a friday evening?" he asked, Christie and her mum's eyes were fixed on me, waiting for answers, probably waiting for whistle to be blown for them to pounce on me
Re: Love In My Favour by valboy20(m): 7:30am On Mar 14, 2013
(b)GENNN GENNN(/b)

mehn me sure say ur pant go den wet
Re: Love In My Favour by Rapmaestro(m): 9:38am On Mar 14, 2013
.....On hearing that, Omo my heart raced marathon but my body was still rooted to the floor, Will this man call the police, I escaped police when I was on the bike with Rasco, only to get here and will have to face another police, My thought raced wildly,
"Were you among them?" Mr Samson repeated calmly, I didn't wait for him to say anything again, It was like a whistle was blown for me, {on your mark, Get ready, BEG} cos I prostrated flat, I don't think I've ever prostrated to greet my parent, it was funny to think that, I've never prostrated that flat for my parent, but I'm doing it for an outsider now... "BAD CHILD", a part of me had whispered to me, and I decided that If ever I got through this mess, my prostration to my parent will be more flatter than this.
"Sorry Sir, I'm sorry sir, I was among them sir, we were drunk sir, Sorry sir" I said, apologizing with too much sir than a soldier to his superior,
"Ehen! I said it, I said it, I've seen him somewhere, so you were among those baffoons, those scally wag?" Mrs Samson abused with that here long sharp mouth, how I wished I could give that woman a dirty slap to that her talkative mouth, wait o! It must be from her that Christie got her talkative trait from o, My thought was so wicked, even when in danger.
"Abeg madam, help me beg your husband man" I pleaded, looking at Mr Samson, who had his head bent probably pondering on what to do to me, that pondering reminds me of Pinky and brain {Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering
Pinky: Yes brain, you pondering on how to make a cookie,
Brain:No Pinky, I'm planning to take over the world}

"Beg who, Beg kò, Keg ni, Honey, call the police, call that your friend, Inspector Folorunsho" Mr Samson replied, I turned to look at Christie's eyes, I saw that she felt pity for me,
"Christie, please, beg your dad on my behalf please, beg him for me", I said, with my most sweetest voice, She fell for it, cos She immediately pleaded with her dad on my behalf,
"Dad please, forgive him, please.. P.L.E.A.S.E'' she said, stressing the please, Pete interrupted us, "Dad, the car key, let me warm it" he said, his dad tossed the car-key, Pete looked at my prostrating posture with a look that read "what's going on here?", he grabbed the key and went towards a car, a jeep to be precise, A prado jeep , the one my friend had broken one of its windscreen, that exact broken spot was staring at me, it had been replaced with another glass, the colour of the replaced glass was different from the rest, Mr Samson took a long glance at the replaced windscreen and returned his gaze back to me,
"Ok, you were among them right?" he asked again to confirm,
"Yes, sir" I replied,
"Which particular place were you sitting on the bike? Were you the rider?" he asked,
"I was the guy that sat down at the end, Sir", I replied,
"You were the one begging us, shey?" Mrs Samson interrupted with that her slippery mouth, someone should gag this woman mouth, I almost said.
"Oh! You were the one begging, how nice of you to know your mistake then, but do you know how much it costed my husband to replace the broken windscreen? Ehn? Talk na" she shouted,
"I'm sorry ma" I pleaded to her,
"Sorry for yourself" she replied, she was about to add some scornful words when she was cut short by a loud, superior voice,
"Ssshhh, Darling, go to the car, Christie join her, I'll meet you guys" Mr Samson said in an affirmative voice,
"And you, stand up" he pointed and commanded to me.... I don die o, My thought was that, he wanted to beat the hell out of me. But let's wait and see what'll happen o
Re: Love In My Favour by Francheezy(m): 10:04am On Mar 14, 2013
heheheh0,,funny
Re: Love In My Favour by Rapmaestro(m): 10:09am On Mar 14, 2013
Re: Love In My Favour by Emperortj93(m): 10:24am On Mar 14, 2013
Ghen ghen ghen ghen
Re: Love In My Favour by FoxyUltimate(m): 10:40am On Mar 14, 2013
Owk I don read am... Oya continue that one and this one together grin
Re: Love In My Favour by Rapmaestro(m): 10:50am On Mar 14, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate: Owk I don read am... Oya continue that one and this one together grin
ole, thief, barawo.... U won kill me ni? I go update evryone of dem later
Re: Love In My Favour by FoxyUltimate(m): 10:54am On Mar 14, 2013
Rap maestro: ole, thief, barawo.... U won kill me ni? I go update evryone of dem later

You are here to serve us na.... Oya serve better
Re: Love In My Favour by gail15(f): 12:52pm On Mar 14, 2013
Wow! You made ma day..dumps up man!!!
Re: Love In My Favour by FoxyUltimate(m): 1:25pm On Mar 14, 2013
gail15: Wow! You made ma day..dumps up man!!!

Jeez... That's all I have to say grin
Re: Love In My Favour by Rapmaestro(m): 2:14pm On Mar 14, 2013
Manage this short one from me
......Christie and her mum walked quickly to the parked jeep, they wanted to witness what would happen,
"Stand up, boy" Mr Samson commanded again,
"Let me stay like this sir", I pleaded foolishly,
"Don't worry boy, just stand up" he repeated, I stood up, didn't even bother to clear the dust on my clothe,
"What is your name, boy?" he asked,
"Ayo, sir" I replied,
"Hmmm, Ayo means happiness, right?" he enquired,
"Yes sir", I said,
"Ayo what?" he enquired again, reminded me of when Christie also asked then,
"Ayobami" I answered,
"Hmmm, Meaning Happiness reach me, right" he said, "Yes" I replied,
"Hmmm nice name" he said. This man dey whine, so that he go punch me all of a sudden abi? I got ready to block any sudden punch, My thought.
"Th..Th..Thank you Si..si..sir" I said,
.....He raised his hand up, I thought, that is the slap coming, Chai, na so my eye go just receive smacck, for wetin I no do? From the corner of my eyes, I saw that Christie was in fear, while her mum had the 'Ehen! God don catch am' expression.
GBBAAAAM, Mr Samson's hand, fell and rested on my shoulder, he pulled me closer to him, That moment, Mrs Samson's mood fell, she now had the 'Okay, God save you' expression, Christie had closed her eyes, probably expecting blood gushing from my mouth as a result of punch(es).
....."IT IS GOOD TO BE GOOD", Mr Samson had said, the words repeated in my brain and eventually stuck,
"You apologized, when the others were not remorseful"
Re: Love In My Favour by Francheezy(m): 6:33pm On Mar 14, 2013
lma0

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Katherine Eta Is 3rd Winner In The MOSWC 2017 Held In Disneyland / What Is An Unseen Prose? / What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.