Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) (81032 Views)

Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair / How To Make Your Relaxed Hair Grow Longer And Fuller. / African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by babestell(f): 9:15am On Aug 31, 2013
Uzoo your hair and mine sound like sisters........mine should be the elder cos she turns coarse sometimes after a day, I havent tried a tea rinse before, maybe I should. Am in my 6th week of strechibg and its like at my last deep conditioning all my hair went with the comb cry. My hair is fuller now and I have more strands on the edge but it doesn't want to grow like that hairlicious chick's own. angry

Am so demoralised I just had to go fix my hair even though I planned not to. Does anybody have ideas for cool protective styles for short hair, the ones I see are usually for long hair.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 31, 2013
Yvete: @ Ogugua88 - Lolz. Did you use a detangling spray or you tried to force the comb through your dry hair? Long-term stretches are not for me too - Max is 3 months.

Lol. I didn't use a spray. I was using coconut oil for detangling. I was trying to be very delicate, picking out tangles with my hand. It was simply too tedious for me as I was spending 6+ hours on detangling alone.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 31, 2013
uzoo: @Ogugua88

You're right , its the same thing that's happening to me too,The hair is fast growing but i can't seem to retain more lengths . like i said ,seems like my new growth are on steroids that makes the rest of the relaxed/texlaxed hair break away. I dont even do much to it just wrapped up in a pony tail with the ends tucked in after moisturising and sealing.

Abi? It's not a good feeling at all lol. I do similar. Moisturize my hair, seal, and put my hair in a bun. Very boring hairstyle but it works lol.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2013
She is the motivation for starting this thread. I'm using her method which has been working for me in terms of fullness and length. This is her full post

Ok, so let me cut a very long story short...I was completely natural last year (2009) I only did it because I THOUGHT I wanted to go natural...turns out that it wasn't for me. I applaud, salute, and hail up all of you natural ladies!! It is not the easiest journey, and you need patience...of which I did not have for my hair in it's natural stage. :-) Forgive me!! I tell ya, if I had more patience, I'd probably be natural still, but alas, that wasn't my testimony...lol!!

Ok, so after I big chopped in January (2009) Since I transitioned for 10 months, I hid my hair from January to August of last year cause I wasn't comfortable with my hair being so short. I decided that I would relax my hair in August (right after taking that last photo as a natural above) and protect it for a year with wigs! Under the wigs, I decided to keep my hair braided in 7 cornrows...I moisturized and sealed my cornrows every night with wave nouveau moisturizing finishing creme followed by jamaican black castor oil which went on my scalp as well...i oiled my scalp with it about 2--3x a week...I did that from august 2009 to march 2010 where i got a touch up (see middle photo below).

Oh, I was also taking a multi-vitamin, and nioxin recharging complex vitamins. At this point, I thought the growth was ok, but nothing to alert the media about, so I decided to try a new mixture for my scalp to see what would happen. This time I mixed together Mega-tek, MTG, Jamaican black castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil, monistat D (YES, the vagina creme)...I melted them all in the microwave into a liquid and put it in one of those bottles that had the skinny applicator at the top, and i oiled my scalp two to three times a week consistently. All through this I had my hair hidden under my wigs....well, fast forward to august 0f this year and look at the progress! lol...I guess one of those bunch of ingredients, or the combination of all of them did some help!!! Either way, I'm not complainin!! One year mark?!! PRETTY GOOD TO ME! LOL!!

How do we get here? lol.

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2013
BagLova: she is the motivation for starting this thread. im using her method which has been working for me in terms of fullness and length. this is her full post

How do we get here? lol.

oh oh shocked shocked ,can't remember my hair being that short in the first two pictures. You can take a look at my blog for my previous length and current length http://productsthatactuallydowork..com/p/hair-w.html

Fullness (Volume) - that in fact has never been my hair's problem ,if i had a way of making it less fuller trust me i would,the hair is just something else, i have to do a lot to get it to smoothen out.

Length - Now, this is what i'm looking for (i've gone past the length in the third picture which has always been the length where my hair stops growing ) but since i joined in the stretch in june i've added about 2 to 3 inches ,but like i said the damn thing is breaking at the rate at which it is growing.

So i will be waiting for any more tips on how to retain length or like you said get to our desired length. ( i just want bra strap length and i'm fine ..lol) smiley
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 6:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
babestell: Uzoo your hair and mine sound like sisters........mine should be the elder cos she turns coarse sometimes after a day, I havent tried a tea rinse before, maybe I should. Am in my 6th week of strechibg and its like at my last deep conditioning all my hair went with the comb cry. My hair is fuller now and I have more strands on the edge but it doesn't want to grow like that hairlicious chick's own. angry

Am so demoralised I just had to go fix my hair even though I planned not to. Does anybody have ideas for cool protective styles for short hair, the ones I see are usually for long hair.

Yes exactly ,thats the problem with mine,the distance between the hair at the edges and my eye brows are less than 1 inch ,so when i do relax it looks like i didnt do jack ,it curls back down stubbornly. That Hairlicious lady has really long hair, the key is patience you know from her blog she started her Hair journey a couple of years ago , one has to be patient but i just want to make sure i'm doing the right stuff to enable healthy growth.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by babestell(f): 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2013
Na Uzoo be this, madam when people with short hair talk you too open mouth! If I catch u ehn, I will use scissors and show you short hair then we can start stretching together angry angry
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2013
babestell: Na Uzoo be this, madam when people with short hair talk you too open mouth! If I catch u ehn, I will use scissors and show you short hair then we can start stretching together angry angry

lol......... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy But you dont have to blame me , up untill i saw this picture posted by Baglova , i thought everyone was the same as me. ...lol i did the scissors chop many years ago. So NO thank you. grin

Ok she has been my inspiration, i follow her blog to get hair tips, she just did a current length check today .
,take a look at her length for today below.

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
You guys can find her on my blog under blogs i read.(fresh lengths)
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by babestell(f): 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2013
If I had hairlicious lenght of hair. I would be wearing my hair as a top. Shikena!!!
Thank God for 26inch brazilian hair
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by lovethyhair: 2:45pm On Sep 01, 2013
uzoo:
to retain length you have to pay extra attention to your ends cos that where they break from. Always wet your ends with water or a good leave-in and seal with either olive or coconut oil and keep it wrapped up esp at night.as your hair brushes your shoulders it gets drier and drier and finally breaks off.so keep it in a bun each night and when you are not going anywhere. See a good regimen that can help :
http://darkchildlovethyhair..com/2013/08/in-my-last-post-i-talked-about-laziness.html

oh oh shocked shocked ,can't remember my hair being that short in the first two pictures. You can take a look at my blog for my previous length and current length http://productsthatactuallydowork..com/p/hair-w.html

Fullness (Volume) - that in fact has never been my hair's problem ,if i had a way of making it less fuller trust me i would,the hair is just something else, i have to do a lot to get it to smoothen out.

Length - Now, this is what i'm looking for (i've gone past the length in the third picture which has always been the length where my hair stops growing ) but since i joined in the stretch in june i've added about 2 to 3 inches ,but like i said the damn thing is breaking at the rate at which it is growing.

So i will be waiting for any more tips on how to retain length or like you said get to our desired length. ( i just want bra strap length and i'm fine ..lol) smiley

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by lovethyhair: 2:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
tangles make stretching very difficult but you just have to know the right way to detangle.its really easy once you get the hang of it.as a natural myself I found a method that gives me no breakage and I know stretchers will find it useful too
http://darkchildlovethyhair..com/2013/09/detangling-natural-hair.html
try it and see if your hair responds well to it smiley

ogugua88: I thought I was transitioning. It ended up being a 36-week stretch. All I can say is never again lol. Detangling was a nightmare and breakage was troublesome. Seems like my hair broke off almost at an identical rate to my growth as the length retained doesn't seem to be up to two inches.

I'll be relaxing more frequently now and going back to doing what I was doing before. It seems like 14-18 week stretches work best for me.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by funkybaby(f): 11:51pm On Sep 01, 2013
BagLova:

What a tough decision u made. it will surely pay off when u continue loving on ur hair. Good luck.

Cutting it all off wasn't really a tough decision.....shebi it will grow back grin grin Going natural and staying off relaxer completely is what I'm actually struggling with. cry but I have got my mind made up. No going back. angry
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 7:00am On Sep 04, 2013
Quick question for ladies on Biotin pills:-

Does it make your legs and underarms hairier? grin Do I need to cut down on mcg to avoid this? I would like to buy 2 bottles of biotin 5,000 mcg tonight on amazon. - http://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Biotin-5000mcg-veggie-caps/dp/B000OQ4ACO

I DON'T WANT A HAIRY CHEST! grin Thanks.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 04, 2013
lovethyhair: tangles make stretching very difficult but you just have to know the right way to detangle.its really easy once you get the hang of it.as a natural myself I found a method that gives me no breakage and I know stretchers will find it useful too
http://darkchildlovethyhair..com/2013/09/detangling-natural-hair.html
try it and see if your hair responds well to it smiley

Thanks for the link. I've bookmarked it. smiley

I think my problem is more of going so long without combing/detangling that my hair starts matting, which is the worst. I'm sure if I combed my hair regularly, I wouldn't be complaining lol. I'll try the tips above and see how long I can go into my stretch before I lose my mind lol.

1 Like

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 9:57pm On Sep 04, 2013
Yvete: Quick question for ladies on Biotin pills:-

Does it make your legs and underarms hairier? grin Do I need to cut down on mcg to avoid this? I would like to buy 2 bottles of biotin 5,000 mcg tonight on amazon. - http://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Biotin-5000mcg-veggie-caps/dp/B000OQ4ACO

I DON'T WANT A HAIRY CHEST! grin Thanks.

ha ha ha ha ha ...lol @''hairy chest'' ha ha ha

i was going to get 5,000mcg but when i read about the side effects which is acne/spots. i changed my mind.(as it is i'm still clearing the ones i've got on my face at the moment from stress and bad diet like peanuts) I think i'm good with my mineral rich with aloe vera drink. grin
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 10:13pm On Sep 24, 2013
any updates ladies, how's the stretch going?

For those of us that are looking to have protective styleslike braids done , here's a link on how to keep them looking good while on your hair regimen.

http://sjtalkshair..com/2013/06/senegalese-twists-hair-care-regimen.html
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 1:58am On Oct 02, 2013
@ Uzoo: I came across Joico products today. Do you use Joico's K-Pak Conditioner?
I co-washed with Cream of Nature's Intensive Conditioning Treatment with Argan Oil and it didn't detangle as I would have liked. undecided Need a good moisturizing or hydrating conditioner.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 4:02am On Oct 02, 2013
I'm sure everyone knows this but I'll say it anyway. For anyone who wants thicker hair, I beg of you to throw away your flat iron, curling iron, blow dryer, etc lol. I can count on one hand how many times I've used direct heat on my hair this year. It was thick before but it's now reaching uncontrollability. Awesomeness.

1 Like

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 9:22am On Oct 02, 2013
@Lovethyhair
Thanks for the tips. smiley

Yvete: @ Uzoo: I came across Joico products today. Do you use Joico's K-Pak Conditioner?
I co-washed with Cream of Nature's Intensive Conditioning Treatment with Argan Oil and it didn't detangle as I would have liked. undecided Need a good moisturizing or hydrating conditioner.

Oh yesss ,i did use the Joico range , in fact got 2 different Joico conditioners (Pictures below) i have to say that the product works and all you need is just a small size. I use it as a bi-monthly protein treatment along with my DIY protein treatment too,the K-Pak is empty now ,but i'm still using the blue one which is also almost empty ,my hair responds very well to it.

If you are looking for a Hydrating Conditioner i am still standing by the Herbal Essence Hello hydration , The one beside the Joico in the picture is finished so i got the bigger Size, that conditioner makes my hair silky soft.

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 2:32am On Oct 03, 2013
uzoo: If you are looking for a Hydrating Conditioner i am still standing by the Herbal Essence Hello hydration , The one beside the Joico in the picture is finished so i got the bigger Size, that conditioner makes my hair silky soft.

Thanks. I got Hello Hydration today. I won't be using the CON anymore as it tangles my hair even more. I'll try the Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor when i'm done with Aphogee. Neutrogena's triple leave-in works great.
#OnMyWayToBackLengthHair cheesy These are my current conditioners. Whew!

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 03, 2013
Been following this thread for quite a while..visited blogs mentioned here..@uzoo ur blog is amazing by d way but d issue is most of d products dat y'all use are foreign products and not readily available in nigeria..I've never even heard d names of some before..so my question is what hair products are readily available here without having to break d bank..I'm an average nigerian student..plssssss oo cheesy
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Playgal(f): 8:51am On Oct 03, 2013
My hair was seriously damaged..........I had to leave my hair for 5 good months. I just kept doing cholesterol and hot oil steaming monthly. And wowwww wen I relaxed my hair 2wks ago, I was so impressed. Amazed and happy. My hair was full, long, my front hair dat had Chopped became full with hair, my back hair dat was scanty became full and long. **dancing Skelewu**
I will keep treating my hair, steaming, taking multivitamins, I will start doing 3months stretch, I will avoid thonging my hair and any tin hot dat will damage my hair. If I have to go under dryer, I will use oil or heat protection creams.
Am loving my new hair, am loving my new Confidence.
Wish u all the best. Love u all
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 9:48am On Oct 03, 2013
@Yvete
Yea, the Neutrogena is quite good ,i have the rinse-out triple moisture hair mask ,the thing about it is that it doesn't last for me ,take a look at the picture,i've only used it twice and its almost finished. It works just that i have to apply a lot of it to my hair, Don't think i will be getting it again.

@thatgurlvixen
Thanks for visiting the blog. Yes ,you're right, not all of them are available in Nigeria,not withstanding there are other great conditioners,and hair products that are easily available in Lagos and other parts Nigeria which i use too. I will explain below with pictures.

@Playgal
Nice one,That's great . Cholesterol is another product that increases the volume of the hair especially for people having issues with scanty edges, receding hair lines or when you just want to add some body to the hair. .I don't use it though 'cos my hair has got a lot of volume i'm still trying to deal with. Another natural source of cholesterol is in the egg yolk which one can mix along with the egg white when doing a protein treatment.

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 10:17am On Oct 03, 2013
@thatgurlvixen

The Henna Wax on the left in the picture is an intensive deep conditioner , works well for damaged hair,the thing is it tends to dry out my hair after i'm done ,so i either follow up immediately with the herbal essence hydrating conditioner (leave it on for 30 mins or more ad then rinse out with green tea) or just slather the ORGANIC ROOT STIMULATOR Incredibly rich oil moisturising lotion ( the second picture) and then seal with any of the oils (coconut,olive,etc).

Now if The Henna deep conditioner leaves your hair dry ,you can try The AFRICA'S BEST Rinse-out & Leave in Deep Conditioner. I love this conditioner for three reasons.

1. It doesnt have a Thick consistency like the Henna in texture,so its easy to apply 'cos it gets to all the strands on the hair and it makes it easy for me to mix a little of it with water in a spray bottle and spray it as a leave in conditioner for both my real hair and my braids or extensions. This detangles waves/weave-on

2. Its a deep conditioner but it doesnt leave my hair dry.I use it for both rinse out and leave in conditioner (Dual purpose conditioner).

3. Finally ,No mineral oil , and No parebens. It Has Aloe vera

FOR moisturisers.

Try the ORS Incredibly rich oil moisturiser , its really great .Its a creamy moisturiser and has oils in it ,and then seal with oils .With this i dont bother sealing all the time with oils only when i am styling my hair i tend to seal with oils ,but when the ends are tucked in a Bun i use the ORS alone withour sealing with oils.

If you do not like creamy Moisurisers, then get the Africa's Best 2 in 1 Detangling conditioning moisturiser ,it come in a spray bottle . It can be used on any type of hair , even natural hair , extensions , braids, etc. Wait for it to settle into the hair shaft before detangle with your fingers ,and then follow up with a wide tooth comb. You can also seal with oils after this.

All these products are sold in stores in Nigeria and ranging from N700 to N1100 ,the Henna i got for N850 on the island,it may be cheaper on the mainland and i saw one in a big Jar the last time i went ,The one in the picture doesnt colour the hair , and i know it can be sourced locally from those ladies that to tatoos for northern weddings or so.

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 03, 2013
Thanks a lot uzoo.. I already av d 2in1 detangling conditioner..I currently use africa's best stimulating therapy shampoo..so I'll definitely get d rinse out & leave in conditioner and also d ORS moisturisers. Ur suggestions were very helpful thank you again cheesy

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 6:59pm On Oct 03, 2013
ogugua88: For anyone who wants thicker hair, I beg of you to throw away your flat iron, curling iron, blow dryer, etc lol. I can count on one hand how many times I've used direct heat on my hair this year. It was thick before but it's now reaching uncontrollability. Awesomeness.

I try to stay away from heat, but have seen youtube gurus recommend the 'Brazilian Blow-out'. Heard its great for long stretches because they use keratin and protein treatments with heat. ... Anyone tried it yet?
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2013
Yvete: I try to stay away from heat, but I've seen youtube gurus recommend the 'Brazilian Blow-out'. Heard its great for long stretches because they use keratin and protein treatments with heat. ... Anyone tried it yet?

They were popular some years back until it was revealed that a lot of them contain formaldehyde, requiring the person doing the treatment and the person receiving the treatment to wear masks and/or have it done in a well-ventilated area. Apparently it's the formaldehyde that gets the hair feeling and looking glam but I'm too much of a chicken lol. They're very expensive too.

I'll have to look for the one that I tried. It cost about $65 for the product and I did it myself. It's formaldehyde-free but I still had to leave the bathroom frequently because the fumes were burning my nose. It did loosen my curls temporarily like I expected it too and it made detangling that much easier. However, one bottle is supposed to last 3-5 treatments and I finished 75% of the bottle at once. It's not worth the hassle in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 5:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
Once again I splurged! cry Anyone tried Wen by Chaz Dean hair products? Heard so much about it and that it's great on thick hair. Anyways, I tried the Sweet Almond Mint Intensive treatment yesterday right after co-washing and I'm impressed. My hair is sooo soft, but donno how long it will last before my hair reverts to its 'beastly nature'. grin
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by cuteshade(f): 3:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
Playgal: My hair was seriously damaged..........I had to leave my hair for 5 good months. I just kept doing cholesterol and hot oil steaming monthly. And wowwww wen I relaxed my hair 2wks ago, I was so impressed. Amazed and happy. My hair was full, long, my front hair dat had Chopped became full with hair, my back hair dat was scanty became full and long. **dancing Skelewu**
I will keep treating my hair, steaming, taking multivitamins, I will start doing 3months stretch, I will avoid thonging my hair and any tin hot dat will damage my hair. If I have to go under dryer, I will use oil or heat protection creams.
Am loving my new hair, am loving my new Confidence.
Wish u all the best. Love u all
Good to know your hair is full and long. Pls what kind of cholesterol did u use and how did you apply it? I know steaming but I don't know hot steaming,pls how is hot steaming done and what are the names of the multivitamin you took? Thanks
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by NIAPREXT(f): 9:38am On Oct 16, 2013
Hello ladies, so glad I found this thread. Currently on 22wks, planing to stretch this week. I use Ors, african best, both d shampoo, conditioneer, hair lotion and carrot oil. I do steam with Amla oil weneva I've the chance to. Recently started the oil treatment. But I'm a bit confused about the Protien treatment, is it before or after stretching Also losing my front hair, and advice would be appreciated.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 4:37am On Oct 18, 2013
NIAPREXT: I'm a bit confused about the Protien treatment, is it before or after stretching Also losing my front hair, and advice would be appreciated.

Welcome on board. Are you 22 weeks post-relaxer? Are you stretching or transitioning to natural?
Protein treatments should be before and/or after depending on the state of your hair. I don't experience much breakage so I do PR once monthly. Some people use ORS or simply mix up stuff in your kitchen - avocado, eggs, black tea, olive oil, etc. Read through the thread for ideas. Ogugua, Baglova & Uzoo have different interesting ideas. I use castor + coconut oil for my edges (temple and nape). Hope this helps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See What This Lady Wore To The Bank That Sparked Outrage (pic, Video) / Only Illiterate Can Wear This To An Event / Senegambian Couture In Pictures!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.