Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) - Fashion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) (81026 Views)

Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair / How To Make Your Relaxed Hair Grow Longer And Fuller. / African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by NIAPREXT(f): 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
[quote author=Yvete]

Welcome on board. Are you 22 weeks post-relaxer? Are you stretching or transitioning to natural?

No, not going natural, wish I could (I don't have the nerve to). Stayed of chemicals because my hair felt weak and all thinned out. Usually stretch after 12wks. Did PC recently, plan to stretch 2wks later. Would let you knw if I've turned bald in the process grin[quote author=Yvete]

Welcome on board. Are you 22 weeks post-relaxer? Are you stretching or transitioning to natural?

No, not going natural, wish I could (I don't have the nerve to). Stayed of chemicals because my hair felt weak and all thinned out. Usually stretch after 12wks. Did PC recently, plan to stretch 2wks later. Would let you knw if I've turned bald in the process

1 Like

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Toyatc: 3:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
Hello beautiful ladies in the house.

My long stretch (about 8 months) will be coming to an end 9th of next month by the grace of God. I am already tired and looking forward to it.
Please i would want to know if there is any special precaution i need to take before the relaxer so as to ensure that everything goes on well and that all my effort these months will worth it.

Thanks ladies for replying.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 22, 2013
A protein treatment would help. You could also put oil or conditioner on your relaxed hair before you get it done to protect it.

Congrats with your long stretch! 8 months isn't easy lol.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 11:36pm On Oct 22, 2013
Congrats Toya TC! smiley I agree with ^^. After a long stretch ( 6 months being my longest), I put olive oil + Vaseline on my relaxed hair before applying relaxer to my new growth, then follow up with a deep conditioner so I don't lose any hair. It works! Please don't leave on the relaxer for too long....over-processed hair is not nice.

NIAPREXT: Would let you knw if I've turned bald in the process

Lolz. You won't. You've come a long way at 22 weeks.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 23, 2013
Hii ladies..wanted to get ur opinion on sumtin..my last touch up was in march..since then no relaxers whatsoever..been alternating between braids n weaves..I currently av big braids on..buh wil take dem out next week..I've had it easy with my stretching thanks to u guys..buh I dnt want to take chances..march-october is a very long time..so shld I do a touch up or continue till december??
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Toyatc: 2:15pm On Oct 23, 2013
@ Yvete and ogugua88, thanks a lot.
@thatgurlvixen, i think it all depends on you and your hair. You should listen to your hair. My last relaxer was in march and i did not plan going this long, but a long the way, i was loving it and just felt like going on and on. Then a time came that i became tired of it and managing it is becoming difficult so i have decided to retouch next month(nov).
So what is your hair saying to you? I have seen people online who went for 10months, 16months etc.
All the best sis.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2013
@toya_tc,,thank yu soo much..just like u I was suprised I culd go that long without a touch up nd I liked it..buh recently itz become more stressful..its almost like d hair has a mind of its own..a beastly mind at thatcry..infact I don't think its saying..its screaming "I need a touch up"..nd that's what I'm goin to do..tnx againkisskiss
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by jummydav: 9:47am On Oct 24, 2013
I used to av a breakage hair, I cut it off on march 1 2013 leave it for like 3 month before I relaxed it ( mega growth relaxed kit) I decided to be relaxing my hair after 3 month. My hair has now fully come back, very soft, no breakage, I luv my hair

1 Like

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by romania: 11:59am On Oct 25, 2013
Bn following and its bn interesting.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by EyeKandy(f): 6:47pm On Nov 01, 2013
romania: Bn following and its bn interesting. Well done, ladies.
Pls what is the difference between PROTEIN TREATMENT and DEEP CONDITIONING?
What is the difference between WASH, COWASH and SHAMPOO?
How often is it advisable to have a wash?
Should I deep condition my hair after every wash?
Been suffering severe hair loss for five years. My stretch has not been less than three months for the past five years.
Please, answer my questions.

Protein treatment - PT is a hair aid to repair breakage, add strength and give life to dull/damaged hair. When you stretch for long periods, your ends may become weak, break or shed so you def. need protein treatments. It makes your hair strong and easier to adapt to the challenges of stretching. Your hair may feel dry and hard, so you need to follow each PT with a DC. Bi-weekly or once a month is okay.

Deep conditioning - DC must be followed right after a PT. DC is not for daily use. Regular conditioners can be used as often as you like.

Co-wash - Wash your hair with a conditioner, not shampoo. I shampoo once a month. Wash my hair once a week.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2013
ookaay ,pictures of my LENGTH CHECK from last week . my last relaxer application was on the 10th of september , and lately i have battling with new growth and excessive thicknesss. i think the preg pills i've been taking for a month now are really working. watch out on my blog on my profile i'll be reviewing it soon.

At this rate i will have to apply my next relaxer a week before christmas.

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by EyeKandy(f): 10:28pm On Nov 21, 2013
^^ Uzoo: Is that your hair? It has volume and a nice length. I'll upload mine after my perm (before Christmas).
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by romania: 10:52pm On Nov 21, 2013
@Eyekandy, thanks 4 d explanation.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 2:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
EyeKandy: ^^ Uzoo: Is that your hair? It has volume and a nice length. I'll upload mine after my perm (before Christmas).

thanks. yes it is, i really dont know how to deal with it. some days the volume is manageable while sometimes it gets on my nerve i just want to shave it all off. i want to use heat to straigthen it out but havnt found a good heat protectant yet.
will be looking foerward to seeing your pictures.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by AwogunAminat: 3:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
ladies,can u pls recommend a good hair relaxer 4me...started plaitin hair abt 5Months ago...i need a good relaxer dat wud nt bleach my black hair 2 brown o
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 23, 2013
Awogun Aminat: ladies,can u pls recommend a good hair relaxer 4me...started plaitin hair abt 5Months ago...i need a good relaxer dat wud nt bleach my black hair 2 brown o

I don't know of one that doesn't change the hair color. My hair has gotten darker from less relaxing though.

The brand they use for me at the salon is Affirm.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 2:23pm On Nov 25, 2013
ogugua88:

I don't know of one that doesn't change the hair color. My hair has gotten darker from less relaxing though.

The brand they use for me at the salon is Affirm.

yes , that's one thing i've come to realise , the more you apply relaxers constantly ,it changes your hair colour , but if you stretch for long it retains your hair colour, coffee and herbal tea rinse also helps to keep your hair black.

@Awogun Aminat
try Profective that says Dark on the label ,i used once and it left my hair black. but i prefer to use ORS relaxer kits now (Organic Root Stimulator)

1 Like

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Dciano: 7:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hello Ladies, im new to dis forum. I hv read almost all d post bt im confused on some tinz. I dnt leave my hair out 4 long. I usually fix weavon & i relex my hair every 3months.
Is it dat u dont fix weavon during dis regimen?
How do u do all dis regimen when u have a weavon on?

Pls im curious!
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by EyeKandy(f): 3:07am On Nov 27, 2013
D'ciano:
How do u do all dis regimen when u have a weavon on?

Pls im curious!

Sew-in weaves are good for stretching. Before the weave is installed, make sure you do a protein treatment and deep condition. Depending on how far apart your hair are sewn in, you might be able to reach your scalp.

My secret - I use a clean cotton white napkin. Dip it in 30% conditioner + 70% water and scrub my scalp with it. Wash the napkin in clean water. Then use on my scalp till its completely clean. Let it air dry, then apply oils lightly to my scalp. I do this only on Saturdays.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Dciano: 6:51pm On Nov 27, 2013
EyeKandy:

Sew-in weaves are good for stretching. Before the weave is installed, make sure you do a protein treatment and deep condition. Depending on how far apart your hair are sewn in, you might be able to reach your scalp.

My secret - I use a clean cotton white napkin. Dip it in 30% conditioner + 70% water and scrub my scalp with it. Wash the napkin in clean water. Then use on my scalp till its completely clean. Let it air dry, then apply oils lightly to my scalp. I do this only on Saturdays.

Thanks Eyekandy. grin I have not really paid attention to my hair 4 a long time nw. I just wash wit shampoo whenever i want 2 saw-in weaves. bt wil giv d protein treatment & deep conditioning a try.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by merisblaze: 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2013
hi ladies I did my for 5 months and than relaxed it, thou it got longer, but the problem is that it got thinner and my hair looks fragile.
What can I do to make it more thicker.help plsssssss.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Dciano: 11:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
Hi Ladies, dis is my 4th month & I want touch up. I jst loose d weave. Pls is there any regimen I should do b4 I relax 2 avoid breakage.
Pls.......
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 03, 2013
D'ciano:
Hi Ladies, dis is my 4th month & I want touch up. I jst loose d weave. Pls is there any regimen I should do b4 I relax 2 avoid breakage.
Pls.......

I would do a light protein treatment and wait at least two weeks before the touch up. You always want your hair in good condition before getting it processed.

1 Like

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 03, 2013
meris-blaze:
hi ladies I did my for 5 months and than relaxed it, thou it got longer, but the problem is that it got thinner and my hair looks fragile.

Hair tends to look limp right after a relaxer. I usually do a protein treatment after relaxing and then deep condition my hair at least once a week to try to build up my hair's strength again. That means staying away from flat and curling irons, as well as blow dryers. I also moisturize it at least once a day.

1 Like

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 12:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
Thats it! i've had enough , its 3 months today i'm on my way to relax my hair . Damn ,i cant get my fingers through without using a detangler.My new growth is sooo coarse,here's a detangling lotion i just reviewed here that helps me manage it better.

http://productsthatactuallydowork..com/2013/12/leave-in-detangling-softening-creme.html
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by demmyluv90(f): 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2013
All these plenty products that pple are mentioning here I don't knw abt them. Yhe things I use are the cheapest things ever. Jst honey and shea butter.I relax my hear at 4 mnths interval,dark and lovely. After that I'll apply plenty honey on my hair and wear a shower cap overnyt and rinse it out the nxt morning. And I massage my hair with shea butter nt minding the smell at all, now my hair is full and very healthy, though nt so long, but the growth is goooood,trying to retain the length nxt year I'll post my pics. Wanna suprise my frnds.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
meris-blaze:

Look for a hair treatment product that says Cholesterol on the label , and use it as a deep condtioner , ( apply to your hair and massage from root to ends and then cover up with a shower/plastic cap for 2 hours) remover the plastic cap and rinse out with warm water . Get an old cotton T-shirt and dry your hair with by wrapping it round your hair or you can just Air dry the hair. Apply a moisturiser and seal with oil once hair is dry.

I hope you did a protein treatment after your relaxer. If not ,Find a good protein treatment ASAP and apply to your hair and leave on for a few hours , and then rinse off with warm water.

If you would like to make your own protein treatment .. try a mix of raw eggs, mayonnaise , and olive oil mix thoroughly and apply to the hair.

when it comes to hair ,different strokes for different folks.... i am now sticking with works for my particular hair type and you can only achieve this by listening to your hair and knowing what it needs at certain point in your journey to a healthy hair.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by teelady(f): 2:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
Well am not the type that loves plaiting......i just let the hair be(am so used to it)....but i cover my hair a whole lot.....amla oil and i relax my hair every 3month.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Sugarbabekemi(f): 8:38am On Dec 19, 2013
Hi ladies, pls can anyone help me on what kind of relaxer I can use for my hair cuz I hav very soft hair dat breaks easily( I use a normal relaxer nd I tink its too harsh for my hair cuz my hair after relaxin it would look like a cat in water, although I'm on a six months relaxer strech cuz I really really wanna grow this hair( d d hair no wan pass nape of d neck lenght, so annoyin, nd my bobo sef likes long hair) grin, so would be havin weave on till early january, someone advised I try dark and lovely beautiful begining, so ladies any idea pls...
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by uzoo: 4:47pm On Dec 20, 2013
so i finally relaxed my hair , here's an update http://productsthatactuallydowork..com/p/hair-w.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Only Illiterate Can Wear This To An Event / Senegambian Couture In Pictures! / Reasons Why Ugandan Ladies Do Not Wear Panties - By UgandaExposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.