Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex (31411 Views)

Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities / Why Do People Prefer To Give Their Building Project To Brick Layers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 11:09pm On Feb 25, 2013
We're Building Again!

Once again, we are proud to announce we are building a house! This time ~ it is a multi-family home (4 bedroom semi-detached duplex)

Project Detail

Main Contractor/Builder: NextHome Builders
Design/Architecture: MastersTouch Studios

When we began our small construction business, we had no idea just how much it would grow over the next decade. Through continued education in the construction industry, a phenomenal team and the support of family and friends (especially Nairalanders), we have moved on!

By laying a foundation of trust and building a relationship with our clients, we have created a business with many repeat customers and referrals. We are proud of our accomplishments and treat each and every home as if it were our own.

If you are in need of a home design and
Construction project that will exceed your expectations and a company that will focus on you, we would love to welcome you to our family!

- NextHome Builders

Pics: As built pics

1 Like

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 11:11pm On Feb 25, 2013
3D Rendering from MTS

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 11:19pm On Feb 25, 2013
The Land

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 11:57pm On Feb 25, 2013
Setting Out

Today officially mark the commencement of construction activities at the site after we've tidied up approvals and other issues with the Estate Management.

Earlier today, we setup the position of the building to be constructed and confirm the setback/clearances of the building to the boundary lines.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by oakhill: 12:18am On Feb 26, 2013
Where is the land located?

What is the estimated cost?

1 Like

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 12:26am On Feb 26, 2013
oakhill: Where is the land located?

What is the estimated cost?

The land is located at Diamond Estate, along NTDA road, Sangotedo, Lekki/Epe Expressway, Lagos.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2013
From the Construction Site

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 6:03pm On Feb 27, 2013
Formwork

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 6:04am On Feb 28, 2013
Today's Weather according to Yahoo!

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 9:20am On Feb 28, 2013
Building up the excitement!

As expected, construction site generates a lot of curiosity. Neighbors, friends and estate managers want to know about the new house coming up on the street, we too wanted to promote our business with appealing construction site signage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Limitless13: 4:40pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hello Brabus,

Excellent designs you have there...

I have a plot of land at Ibeju Lekki in Lagos state. Am hoping to build a medium standard 4 units of 3 bedroom flats (2 up and 2 down)this year. As advised, by the land sellers, I will need to do a raft foundation. The land measures 675sqm, I am looking to maximise space without compromising comfort.

N:B I am not so conversant with building projects

I do need your honest inputs on the following:

1. Typical architect fees (i.e for architectural and structural designs?)
2. Typical fees for a solid raft foundation (including list of materials needed)
3. Do's and don'ts
4. A general sum of what you think the project might cost me, i.e. from foundation to roofing and finishing.

I am trying to avoid dishonest contractors who are willing to take advantage of me.

I will definitely appreciate your prompt reply soonest.

Many thanks
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 5:09pm On Feb 28, 2013
Limitless_13: Hello Brabus,

Excellent designs you have there...

I have a plot of land at Ibeju Lekki in Lagos state. Am hoping to build a medium standard 4 units of 3 bedroom flats (2 up and 2 down)this year. As advised, by the land sellers, I will need to do a raft foundation. The land measures 675sqm, I am looking to maximise space without compromising comfort.

N:B I am not so conversant with building projects

I do need your honest inputs on the following:

1. Typical architect fees (i.e for architectural and structural designs?)
2. Typical fees for a solid raft foundation (including list of materials needed)
3. Do's and don'ts
4. A general sum of what you think the project might cost me, i.e. from foundation to roofing and finishing.

I am trying to avoid dishonest contractors who are willing to take advantage of me.

I will definitely appreciate your prompt reply soonest.

Many thanks

Thanks for your time on this thread and we sincerely appreciate your call.

A typical architectural drawing should for the proposed design should be around N120,000 - N150,000

You can speak to our guys at MastersTouch Studio (Phillips - 08024282676)

I'll need your drawings (Structural and Architectural). A physical assessment of the site would also be required.

1. Do it right the first time! Take note of the things that's should be quality upfront.

Don'ts

1. Do not assume! Speak to the professionals.

A typical block of flat in Awoyaya area cost around N18,000,000 (Basic Finish).

2 Likes

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 5:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
Today in picture

1 Like

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
Reinforcement

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by jumeks: 2:52am On Mar 01, 2013
Hello Sir,

Is this a plot of land?

Thanks
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Sprumbaba: 6:53am On Mar 01, 2013
Waiting for more lessons.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by jumeks: 11:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
Hello Sir,

is this a plot of land?

Thanks
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by NextHome(m): 1:45pm On Mar 02, 2013
jumeks: Hello Sir,

is this a plot of land?

Thanks

Yes it is a plot of land measuring 21 x 28m.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 10:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
Ready for casting!

We've completed the assembly of the reinforcement which was done on top of the Formwork and it has been lowered into its final position inside the Formwork.

Due to the pressure of the concrete, the carpenters are bracing the formwork in order to prevent opening of the formwork.

On Monday 4th, we'll be doing the rough-in pipe works and conducting final checks/inspection.

No picture update today.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Jamesqu(m): 7:01am On Mar 03, 2013
You have been bookmarked, don't fall my hand...hoping to learn from your journey!
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 6:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
Now the day is OVER!

We're cleared for casting. 600 bags of Cement (Dangote) were delivered today for this project. The plumber has also completed the rough-in works

Final checks and inspection has been concluded. We'll be casting the ground beam tomorrow.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 6:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
What We Achieved In 8 days

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
Re-branding NextHome

The current economic climate is tough for many businesses in the construction industry. Achieving growth and acquiring new business opportunities is increasingly challenging, as the industry is becoming more competitive. In order to stand out, we thought it right to focus on our brand and remind prospects and clients why we're ‘the right man for the job.’

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Jamesqu(m): 3:48am On Mar 05, 2013
I like the touch of professionalism with the coveralls and safety gears, well done.
Question 1: if the land is 21m x 28m, what is the size of the proposed building in m x m?
Question 2: what is the budget to complete for this structure?
Question 3: what is plumbing rough-in works? Is it akin to raft or required for strip too or unrelated to foundations?
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 6:28am On Mar 05, 2013
Jamesqu: I like the touch of professionalism with the coveralls and safety gears, well done.
Question 1: if the land is 21m x 28m, what is the size of the proposed building in m x m?
Question 2: what is the budget to complete for this structure?
Question 3: what is plumbing rough-in works? Is it akin to raft or required for strip too or unrelated to foundations?

The built-up area is occupying 17 x 17.2m. We had to scale down the house to meet statutory limit.
We have 6m setback to the drainage in the front, 3m to the back, 6.2m to the building on the right and 5.3m to the building on the left.

The contract sum for this project is N16m (Foundation - Roofing). And the expected completion date is May 1st, 2013.

The rough-in plumbing work is akin to raft when you decide to go conduit. It is the installation of water/waste/vent prior to the concreting or closure of walls.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Demainman1: 10:49am On Mar 05, 2013
brabus: Now the day is OVER!

We're cleared for casting. 600 bags of Cement (Dangote) were delivered today for this project. The plumber has also completed the rough-in works

Final checks and inspection has been concluded. We'll be casting the ground beam tomorrow.

Hi Brabus, is the 600 bags of cement just for casting of the founddation or for building the whole house? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 11:01am On Mar 05, 2013
Demain_man:

Hi Brabus, is the 600 bags of cement just for casting of the founddation or for building the whole house? Thanks in advance for your reply.

It's for the whole project. We'll get more as the need arises.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 11:02am On Mar 05, 2013
Happening Now!

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Demainman1: 1:24pm On Mar 05, 2013
brabus:

It's for the whole project. We'll get more as the need arises.

Another question please, How many bags of cement would you estimate for a 6-rooms duplex? Just a very rough estimate will do.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Demainman1: 1:28pm On Mar 05, 2013
Is this another way of achieving the parapet at a lesser cost? Check out the arrows

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 1:28pm On Mar 05, 2013
Demain_man:

Another question please, How many bags of cement would you estimate for a 6-rooms duplex? Just a very rough estimate will do.

700 bags of cement will do the shell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sure and better deals...bend Down And Select!!! / Ikoyi Collapsed Building: 15 Floors Was Approved But Owner Built 21 – Agency / Osamede Adun's Complex In Benin Demolished By Authorities (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.