Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,199 members, 7,807,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... (25938 Views)

Anxiety, Tears, As Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. / Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by omayyi: 7:27pm On Feb 26, 2013
milkymesh: I used to like the Igbos before i was posted to Onitsha were i work. I am from Delta state. Let me not generalize. I will be specific to Anambra state. These people are grossly uncouth, devious,without regard for anything besides money. They can sacrifice anything for money. From my experience( which I can not state fully here because of space and time),if that is what all Igbos are, then they deserve all the unwholesome treatment they get in other parts of the country. For those those thinking the ND is with them, its a pipe dream(maybe those in the former eastern region). If they continue like this the whole country will be too hot for them in the near future, and the country divides, every corner will make policies that will cage all their business interest.
My opinion whether you like it or not. Wether you hate me or not.:-O
WORD. 1000% correct. Seriously, everyone can't just beef you for the fun of it.
Too bad they'd never learn and change their ways. I think it's a genetic thing.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by omayyi: 7:27pm On Feb 26, 2013
Double posts
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:31pm On Feb 26, 2013
milkymesh: I used to like the Igbos before i was posted to Onitsha were i work. I am from Delta state. Let me not generalize. I will be specific to Anambra state. These people are grossly uncouth, devious,without regard for anything besides money. They can sacrifice anything for money. From my experience( which I can not state fully here because of space and time),if that is what all Igbos are, then they deserve all the unwholesome treatment they get in other parts of the country. For those those thinking the ND is with them, its a pipe dream(maybe those in the former eastern region). If they continue like this the whole country will be too hot for them in the near future, and the country divides, every corner will make policies that will cage all their business interest.
My opinion whether you like it or not. Wether you hate me or not.:-O

^^^Hehehehe grin grin I think Ndigbo can 'manage' to survive without you 'liking' us. Care to share with us some other Nigerian ethnic groups you reckon are outstanding and whom Ndigbo can learn from?

Just out of curiousity, what ethnicity in Delta state are you from? smiley
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
Which kain tribal war be dis. May Amadioha strike dead all Yorubas and Igbos, so we can finally have peace.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nemidav(m): 9:10pm On Feb 26, 2013
kalunomics:
i have been shaking my head since morning for that post.
u said it all
The problem that we did not solve with the Aburi Accord still hunts us and I see as an observer that democracy which we are supposedly pursuing and that we are just paying lip service to democracy - Lt. Col. Gabriel Anthony Nyiam
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/nigeria-is-a-lie-and-we-believe-it-nyiam/
Bitter truth
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by OgbuefiNegro: 9:13pm On Feb 26, 2013
MODERATORS, LOCK THIS THREAD DOWN. BIAFRA TRIBALISTS HAVE DERAILED IT.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by lucom: 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2013
kettykings: if this is not a declaration of Economic war on Igbos then what is it,Useless Igbos will keep taking this insult living low and pretending that their exist one Nigeria.
What stops igbos from mustering their financial strength and do a 3 to 5 year plan of Divesting their Businesses from Lagos state.

The Importation Business would take place from Ibaka port and the new port in Bayelsa.
The Telecommunication Businesses will be Divested and new Companies founded in the East with New transatlantic optic fiber laid.
Banks owned and affiliated to igbos Relocate/move their Headquarters to the east.
The Real Estate owned by Igbos and Niger Deltans should be put up for sale and better structures put up in the East
All Oil and Gas Drilling Business and oil servicing Businesses owned by SE/SS should relocate within the 5 year plan to the East.
While the one not owned by Easterner would be made to pay very heavy Annual registration fees.
The Oil Companies not owned by SE/SS would also be made to pay very heavy fines to sort out Environmental Degradation and at the slight of any Oil Spillage the companies should be closed down and until the owners pay a heavy fine of $16B.
All fights to and fro the Major Destinations in the World will originate and terminate from any of the international Airports in the east

Such an inflated opinion about your so called ''economic'' importance. By the way it's a good plan,please implement it and lets see what happens.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by MadCow1: 10:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Hehehehe grin grin I think Ndigbo can 'manage' to survive without you 'liking' us. Care to share with us some other Nigerian ethnic groups you reckon are outstanding and whom Ndigbo can learn from?

Just out of curiousity, what ethnicity in Delta state are you from? smiley

From the tribe of Anuofias...

Funny thing, Ndi Igbo did not feel his presence or absence.. The mofo came in as a refugee.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Wadeoye(m): 11:21pm On Feb 26, 2013
Eko Ile:

Some of the Bakassi Boys arrested at Ladipo Market today

See their flat heads. Bakassi boys in Lagos - stupid lazy villagers. Energetic guys that should be farming in their south east villages to feed the people working in Lagos.

Send them to kirikiri with hard labour. The work they were running away from, they will do it in kirikiri.

I have told the okoro heads on this forum that we will close that market very soon. Dirty flat head creatures messing around in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by ODUANEGRO: 4:02am On Feb 27, 2013
LAGOS — TRADERS in the popular Ladipo auto parts market closed down, yesterday, by Lagos State Government on Monday have started counting their losses, saying they are losing at least N100 billion daily.

Traders who spoke to Vanguard yesterday, lamented that they were already feeling the pains of the closure as they could no longer meet their obligations to their families.Speaking, Secretary of the Aguiyi Ironsi Traders Union, Mr. Christain Igbaunam told Vanguard that his members would be losing over N100billions per day to the closure and lamented that efforts to meet with the Lagos State Task force on Environmental and Special Offenses (Enforcement) Units, to negotiate the opening of the market had proved abortive.*Ladipo Market traders protesting against the closure of the marketHe said: “We have over 15,00 registered members. Individual members make not less than N10 million daily. On the average, members will be losing over N100billions on a daily basis to the closure of the market.”He denied allegations that their security guards arrested were armed robbers, saying “those allegations made against our security guards are false. They were not armed with guns and were not against the state officials. They were only misunderstood.

These are security guards put in place by the association to arrest criminal activities in the market. I am pleading for their release.”A trader who spoke on condition of anonymity, said “whenever I offload my containers, I make not less than 15millions. Just imagine what I will be losing now that the market has been shut.”Another who gave his name as Jude Tobechukwu, pleaded for the re-opening of the market, saying “we are losing billions of Naira to the closure of this market. Today’s (yesterday) is the second day that we have been shut out. I have lost over N10 millions since the closure. That is a huge sum of money even those in government do not want to lose.”One Okolie Amadi, claimed his wife was in the hospital for a kidney transplant, lamenting that “I was hoping to use this week to look for money for the transplant.  My wife is lying helpless in the hospital awaiting a kidney transplant due to lack of money. I came to the market to see if I can raise some money for her operations only to see that armed mobile police men have barricaded the entrance to the market. I am pleading to the state government to have piety on us.”

wow, good information! what are the tax brackets in Lagos? have these guys been paying. taxes? grin.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by manny4life(m): 4:05am On Feb 27, 2013
Imagine the bold if it's true, abeg Aguiyi Ironsi Trade Union, yall should relocate, remit your taxes to your various governments.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by ODUANEGRO: 4:11am On Feb 27, 2013
manny4life: Imagine the bold if it's true, abeg Aguiyi Ironsi Trade Union, yall should relocate, remit your taxes to your various governments.

you said "if its true". do your brithers lie about their income? Mushin needto collect tax from each before relocate.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by manny4life(m): 4:15am On Feb 27, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO:

you said "if its true". do your brithers lie about their income? Mushin needto collect tax from each before relocate.

Tax kor, levy ni. Even if they do before they leave, it's a one time deal...

Do your brothers lie about their incomes? That I said "if it's true could be an editing error and not necessarily the info. BTW, I'm not in their pockets, so I don't know what they make... Lying about ones income cuts across all races and persons, so please don't ask me do you brothers lie about their income, because me, I don't know.

Btw, I will continue to sing and even start reaching out, their various states where SS, SE, or wherever need their income, LAGOS doesn't need it.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by ODUANEGRO: 4:34am On Feb 27, 2013
you know manny, i first thought massob was playing for initiating Biafran Inco.e Tax. Now i see justification for it.

N100b/day is more money than some nations allocate for monthly expenditure.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Yeske2(m): 4:42am On Feb 27, 2013
Mad Cow:

From the tribe of Anuofias...

Funny thing, Ndi Igbo did not feel his presence or absence.. The mofo came in as a refugee.
Only wished i know where the mofo works here in town, he for hear am.Anyway people like him are never important in the scheme of things. He's an anuofia as you rightly pointed out.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by manny4life(m): 4:43am On Feb 27, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO: you know manny, i first thought massob was playing for initiating Biafran Inco.e Tax. Now i see justification for it.

N100b/day is more money than some nations allocate for monthly expenditure.

I'm an ardent supporter of taxes if used for good reason - PAYE, but the MASSOB tax, I have mixed feelings about. The taxing I do not have issues with, just the constitutionality of it, and what of people who refused to pay, and most importantly if it will be used for right reasons.... ANYWAY, this isn't about MASSOB.

That they make that amount which I think is an error because our banks do do receive about $700million in deposits daily, however, that's enough money that SE and their various governments can tax them. Pay your taxes, just don't bill taxes out of sheer wickedness.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Yazmin: 7:09am On Feb 27, 2013
kettykings: if this is not a declaration of Economic war on Igbos then what is it,Useless Igbos will keep taking this insult living low and pretending that their exist one Nigeria.
What stops igbos from mustering their financial strength and do a 3 to 5 year plan of Divesting their Businesses from Lagos state.

The Importation Business would take place from Ibaka port and the new port in Bayelsa.
The Telecommunication Businesses will be Divested and new Companies founded in the East with New transatlantic optic fiber laid.
Banks owned and affiliated to igbos Relocate/move their Headquarters to the east.
The Real Estate owned by Igbos and Niger Deltans should be put up for sale and better structures put up in the East
All Oil and Gas Drilling Business and oil servicing Businesses owned by SE/SS should relocate within the 5 year plan to the East.
While the one not owned by Easterner would be made to pay very heavy Annual registration fees.
The Oil Companies not owned by SE/SS would also be made to pay very heavy fines to sort out Environmental Degradation and at the slight of any Oil Spillage the companies should be closed down and until the owners pay a heavy fine of $16B.
All fights to and fro the Major Destinations in the World will originate and terminate from any of the international Airports in the east

Winston churchill kinda raps....like a wrap of that stuff this dude takes. Just wanna get outta my present predicament.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by born2boink(m): 7:14am On Feb 27, 2013
Yeske!:
Only wished i know where the mofo works here in town, he for hear am.Anyway people like him are never important in the scheme of things. He's an anuofia as you rightly pointed out.
shut up or............

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by atuboweke(m): 8:40am On Feb 27, 2013
QUESTIONS BEGING FOR ANSWERS!!

whose responsibility is it to provide the necessary amenities in Ladipo? Govt?
whose responsibility is it to keep the external environment clean? Govt?
why dont we see kai officials in ladidpo?
what happened to all the revenue amounting to billions of naira collected from traders on daily bases?
what happened to the sanitation levy of N5000 paid by all shops?
WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE TAX PAID BY THIS TRADERS?
ARE THEY NOT ENTITLED TO A BETTER TREATMENT BY VIRTUE OF TAX PAYERS?
who gave the yoruba touts access to the ladipo market since it was closed down?
is it the responsibilty of the ladipo boys to clear the blocked carnal?
THEN WHAT IS THE DUTY OF THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT TO THE PEOPLE OF LADIPO MARKET?
so many questions to be answered.
There is more to meet the eyes in this particular issue.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by saintohia: 9:13am On Feb 27, 2013

^^^^^^^^

The nonsense is getting too much, don't forget that they've been paying tax to Lagos state govt.

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by saintohia: 9:15am On Feb 27, 2013
What are really the primary and secondary functions of State and LGs?

I hope is not only to collect tax.

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by MadCow1: 9:22am On Feb 27, 2013
saintohia:

^^^^^^^^

The nonsense is getting too much, don't forget that they've been paying tax to Lagos state govt.

The attitude of the Yorubas towards Ndi Igbo is not the least bit surprising!

I agree that the Igbos plying their trade in ANYWHERE need to get their shiit together. I mean seriously, we cant do business like animals with zero regards for our surroundings.. (e.g Onitsha markets, Ariaria & co.), but the methodology employed by the Lagos State government is antagonistic at best. Let us also not forget that these people do pay their taxes to both the Federal, State, Local governments and other levies placed on them by other government agencies and even ALAYES & OPC. The government seems to be placing all the responsibility squarely on the traders and forgeting that they also have their role to play. I wonder why Molues that are also an Environmental and road harzard has not been harrassed like this. What about the Abatoirs that have zero health standards that litter Lagos.

LASG needs to be careful with their actions.. You can only jerk a people around for so long.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by naptu2: 9:31am On Feb 27, 2013
Mad Cow:

The attitude of the Yorubas towards Ndi Igbo is not the least bit surprising!

I agree that the Igbos plying their trade in ANYWHERE need to get their shiit together. I mean seriously, we cant do business like animals with zero regards for our surroundings.. (e.g Onitsha markets, Ariaria & co.), but the methodology employed by the Lagos State government is antagonistic at best. Let us also not forget that these people do pay their taxes to both the Federal, State, Local governments and other levies placed on them by other government agencies and even ALAYES & OPC. The government seems to be placing all the responsibility squarely on the traders and forgeting that they also have their role to play. I wonder why Molues that are also an Environmental and road harzard has not been harrassed like this. What about the Abatoirs that have zero health standards that litter Lagos.

LASG needs to be careful with their actions.. You can only jerk a people around for so long.

The abattoirs have also received similar treatment (indeed there was a time that it was made illegal to slaughter animals in the state, except at the government abattoir). The molues have also received similar treatment, but in their case, they fought back on the streets and in the courts, that's why the government decided to take the less confrontational route of not registering any new molue and thus indirectly phasing them out.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 27, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro: MODERATORS, LOCK THIS THREAD DOWN. BIAFRA TRIBALISTS HAVE DERAILED IT.

Your tribalist arsonist a.rse has set the house on fire..now you want the MODs to turn to fire men..

Shame on you.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 27, 2013
If the local govt and various environmental agencies had played their part,this wouldnt have come to this.Im not just talking about ladipo but other markets as well,i,ve been to ladipo and i couldnt believe the the degree of pollution i witnessed.The greasy roads and pathways,metal scraps and other heaps,the huge generator at one of the warehouses with its deafening noise,the noise from the section of the market selling and testing vehicle horns..it was hellish.

I concluded that the traders there should be worried more about the health harzards they face everyday than any other thing.

I dont see the shutdown as a tribal or economic attack against the igbos,any effort meant to cleanse or sanitise that environment is necessary.A proactive leadership there should,ve seen the hand writing on the wall long ago and prevent the present scenario by either providing most of the amenities themselves or coerse the appropriate authority to act after all,its their health and wealth that is at stake here.Its unbelievable the amount of money that circulates there everyday.

They shouldnt just pay taxes and other levies,they should monitor and make sure those are utilised for their benefits.

Its sad those ladipo security boys were being humiliated from the photo posted.A huge and important market like ladipo should have the right security.Those boys took up the challenge because of the failure of the police to provide one,and they are not bakassi boys as alleged.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by baysol: 11:51am On Feb 27, 2013
What are this Biafrogs looking for in Lagos for christ sake can't they go to onisha or wherever in the east to do their yeye business.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by baysol: 12:06pm On Feb 27, 2013
[quote author=saintohia]

^^^^^^^^

I thought you people said the igbos are more than 90% in Lagos. The will surely miss the taxes of the Igbos. Keep fooling yourselves instead of moving to mthe east where you bloody came from before its too late. The next south west operation will be very inconvenient to say the least. We are waiting to hear the declaration of Biafra to pop champagn with una.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nemidav(m): 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2013
Wadeoye:

See their flat heads. Bakassi boys in Lagos - stupid lazy villagers. Energetic guys that should be farming in their south east villages to feed the people working in Lagos.

Send them to kirikiri with hard labour. The work they were running away from, they will do it in kirikiri.

I have told the okoro heads on this forum that we will close that market very soon. Dirty flat head creatures messing around in Lagos.
yu sound poor and pathetic. . . Nd o! Yua definately an illitrate,if yu went to sch,den yua an olodo! Yur stupidity cn earn yu an award or a place in d guiness book of record,trust me,dirty brat.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 27, 2013
atuboweke: QUESTIONS BEGING FOR ANSWERS!!

whose responsibility is it to provide the necessary amenities in Ladipo? Govt?
whose responsibility is it to keep the external environment clean? Govt?
why dont we see kai officials in ladidpo?
what happened to all the revenue amounting to billions of naira collected from traders on daily bases?
what happened to the sanitation levy of N5000 paid by all shops?
WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE TAX PAID BY THIS TRADERS?
ARE THEY NOT ENTITLED TO A BETTER TREATMENT BY VIRTUE OF TAX PAYERS?
who gave the yoruba touts access to the ladipo market since it was closed down?
is it the responsibilty of the ladipo boys to clear the blocked carnal?
THEN WHAT IS THE DUTY OF THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT TO THE PEOPLE OF LADIPO MARKET?
so many questions to be answered.
There is more to meet the eyes in this particular issue.
My brother the thing tire me o! after paying tax to the government,they cannot provide basic amenities,instead fashola will use the money to build toll gates in Lekki.am not trying to be a bigot but i have noticed too that most Yoruba landords in lagos do not put their rented apartment in order before letting it out.i take an example of my cousin who rented an apartment and the foolish and greedy landlord refused to drill a borehole for the building to ease the pain of the tenants in fetching water.isnt that the height of wickedness.now the yoruba landlord is asking the tenants to contribute another money for him to make the borehole available.what arrant nonsense?
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by shady26(m): 4:52pm On Feb 27, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

its not about tribe. ibo people dey idumota. why fashola no kick em out, why nobody speak against them? because those ones came to lagos back when igbo was igbo. the monkeys shipping to lagos nowadays are not igbos......they are animals, pigs and nobody want pigs in his backyard.
and you got 10 likes with this kind of statement.beleive me nigeria is not going anywere till we re-arrange the foundation of our existence together.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
Now, someone is talking with his/her thinking caps on. smiley
kettykings:

The Final Victim will be the Taxpayer in Lagos state who owns a car and the Yoruba Mechanic who services the Car , The Mechanic will find it very Difficult to get a Car part to do his work and when he gets it , it will be very Expensive and he will transfer the cost to the Average car owner who will pay thru his/her nose to have the car repaired since there is no longer an alternative to Okada. The Car owner will transfer the Aggression back to the Society by not paying the Exact tax or increasing the cost of services he/she offers to the Public , this will in turn affect the Economy of the State and lead to inflation ,poor Economic growth and lower revenue mobilization and the cycle will get back to the Lagos state Government and the Adviser / commissoner (Who gave the Governor this very poor and retrogressive idea) who is not meeting his or her target will be fired
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 27, 2013
You can't even communicate in good, simple English. Listen carefully, the fact that you have never left your region is because you vehemently refused to be exposed and nothing else,i can only conclude that you are not a graduate therefore you have never been NYSC-posted (or otherwise) outside your region.100% of educated yorubas i have met have traveled out of yorubaland for one reason or the other. So you either go get some good education or forever keep your peace with your bowl of Amala.
born2fuck: Let everyone go back to his/her respective region, I spent my entirely life within the west zone, Ekiti,Ibadan,Lagos,Ogun and Osun.I have never pass my boundary, I have never been to either Hausa or Ibo land. I do not see why an Ibo in west zone raise finger that feed him. That is like point finger to the God that created you. Their days are number...FASHOLA is working

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 / Paul Offu: President Buhari Reacts To Killing Of Catholic Priest In Enugu / Court Won’t Overturn President’s Victory, Economist Intelligence Unit Predicts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.